Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13173140

Subject: "This is the definition of white privilege... " Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 03:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"This is the definition of white privilege... "

when you get caught high and flying a helicopter with guns and drugs and get off with no charges filed...

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/august-busch-iv-arrested-after-trying-to-fly-off-in/article_8125d9e3-d38a-5bf5-bf95-2e9592a939a0.html

Police say August A. Busch IV was intoxicated, tried to fly copter in Swansea
By Joe Holleman St. Louis Post-Dispatch 6 hrs ago (78)

Former brewery scion August A. Busch IV was held overnight Monday by Swansea police after he attempted to leave an office park in his helicopter while appearing to be intoxicated, authorities said.

A breath test showed Busch had no alcohol in his system, but police said he failed field sobriety tests, according to court documents. Police applied for search warrants to obtain blood, urine and other samples.

No charges have been filed. St. Clair County authorities said they are still investigating the incident, which started shortly after noon Monday, when Busch landed the helicopter at the Bronze Pointe office park off Route 159.

Police were called and arrived to find a helicopter that had landed close to buildings and other obstacles. They spoke to the pilot, later identified in court documents as Busch. Unsure of the legalities, officers contacted the Federal Aviation Administration, which said it investigated whether any aviation laws were broken.

Authorities returned to the office park about 8 p.m. when witnesses reported Busch, who appeared intoxicated, was trying to leave in the helicopter, according to court documents. It’s not clear where Busch had been in the meantime.

Swansea police said in court documents that Busch seemed “intoxicated,” “anxious,” “rambling” and “unable to keep a single train of thought.” A breath test showed no alcohol in Busch’s system, but his behavior led police to conduct several field sobriety tests, which court documents indicated Busch failed.

During those tests, his speech was “very mumbled and slurred,” documents say.

Busch declined to provide fluid samples to check for intoxication, and police applied for a warrant to obtain them. The samples were taken at Belleville Memorial Hospital, police said. Results were not yet available.

Busch told police he has a concealed carry permit in Missouri, and had a loaded gun in his pocket, according to court documents. Busch gave police permission to search the helicopter, where they found three more loaded handguns and a pepper spray gun, court documents say.

Several types of prescription drugs also were recovered, the documents noted. Some were prescribed to Busch and others to the woman who was with him, identified in court documents as Dawna M. Wood.

Busch told police he had the drugs to treat his anxiety issues, police said. At one point while talking to police, Busch began jumping around and running sprints, telling police he needed to get more oxygen to cope with an anxiety attack. Police called for an ambulance, but it was not needed.

Busch was held by Swansea police overnight on suspicion of reckless conduct, unlawful use of a weapon and being intoxicated “in or about an aircraft.” He was released shortly after noon Tuesday. No charges were filed.

St. Clair County State’s Attorney Brendan Kelly said the case still is under investigation.

Busch, 53, is the former head of Anheuser-Busch Cos. and ran the brewing giant from 2006 until it was bought out two years later. He has had several high-profile dealings with police.

In January, Busch was questioned by police after he pulled a gun during a confrontation at a bank in Key West, Fla. No arrests were made, no charges were filed and no one was injured.

In that incident, police said a man in a pickup became angry with Busch for parking in a manner that blocked access to a bank door.

A witness said that while Busch walked to an ATM, the pickup driver got out of his vehicle, began yelling at Busch and walked toward him. The witness said Busch pulled out a handgun but kept it pointed at the ground.

In 1984, Busch avoided criminal charges after a car crash in Arizona that killed a 22-year-old woman.

In 1986, Busch was acquitted by a jury of third-degree assault charges in connection with a high-speed police chase in the city’s West End.

Then in 2010, Adrienne Martin, Busch’s girlfriend, died of an accidental drug overdose at Busch’s estate in Huntleigh. Two years later, Busch paid $1.75 million to settle a wrongful-death civil suit.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
life devoid of adverse consequence.
Jul 12th 2017
lol
Jul 12th 2017
      Uh oh, Denny
Jul 12th 2017
      RE: Uh oh, Denny
Jul 12th 2017
      I welcome the statistical counter-point.
Jul 12th 2017
      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gCl_qPm0CIo/VShh8xfd_EI/AAAAAAAABeY/O9lZAbpCxj...
Jul 12th 2017
      Excellent example, far more should be imprisoned.
Jul 12th 2017
      Yah....
Jul 12th 2017
           or non-white's in Oregon
Jul 12th 2017
           Damn.
Jul 12th 2017
                RE: Damn.
Jul 12th 2017
                     No
Jul 13th 2017
                     I'm responding to an article...
Jul 13th 2017
                     What do you keep bringing up Africa for?
Jul 13th 2017
                          Because 'white' privilege....
Jul 15th 2017
                               n/m
Jul 16th 2017
                                    I think you are a couple steps behind.
Jul 16th 2017
                                         RE: I think you are a couple steps behind.
Jul 16th 2017
           I mean they did lose 10's of millions of people and were invaded
Jul 12th 2017
      oh for fucks sake, denny....
Jul 13th 2017
      You're going full US conservative republican in here
Jul 13th 2017
      Going? Dude been a bigot at best an open racist at other times
Jul 13th 2017
      and?
Jul 13th 2017
      The premise was that white americans commit crimes
Jul 15th 2017
           Factually false
Jul 16th 2017
                I thought I was pretty clear in referring to 'white americans'
Jul 16th 2017
                     If I need to be more clear than I will be:
Jul 16th 2017
                          But thats moving goalposts like a mother
Jul 16th 2017
                               ^^^^^^^^
Jul 16th 2017
                               I strongly disagree.
Jul 24th 2017
      why are you so into antagonizing this place?
Jul 13th 2017
      Dude is a loser with the game on easy mode
Jul 13th 2017
      Fair question...
Jul 15th 2017
           RE: Fair question...
Jul 15th 2017
           Are you part of a cult?
Jul 15th 2017
           You didn't have to explain that
Jul 15th 2017
                I do feel contempt.
Jul 15th 2017
                Your "point" will never matter, because it's not the point
Jul 16th 2017
                     Everyone should take note:
Jul 16th 2017
                          Your flip dismissal of these so called "identity politics"
Jul 16th 2017
                               I think that's a good point.
Jul 18th 2017
                RE: You didn't have to explain that
Jul 16th 2017
                     Whaddup Birdseye
Jul 16th 2017
                     fam you got issues, regardless of how you identify yourself
Jul 16th 2017
                     you okay? you been slipping lately.
Jul 17th 2017
                     got eeeeeeemmmmmmm
Jul 16th 2017
                          who? I think I know.. lol
Jul 17th 2017
                          I understood that reference (c)
Jul 17th 2017
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJeO5QzAQk
Jul 13th 2017
      Easier to make allusions than an argument.
Jul 15th 2017
           Seriously.
Jul 16th 2017
      Pretty sure the comment you replied to is about Busch specifically
Jul 16th 2017
whte privy jus won the presidency this is kibbles
Jul 12th 2017
pretty sure its not
Jul 16th 2017
Yeah, this is "Rich Guy" privilege
Jul 17th 2017
so you think a rich BLACK guy would've gotten off as easily?
Jul 25th 2017
Same difference
Jul 17th 2017
Damn these buzzwords are really jumping the shark now lol
Jul 17th 2017
OJ Simpson murders two 'white' people
Jul 18th 2017
      STFU
Jul 24th 2017
      OJ ain't kill those people bruh
Jul 25th 2017

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 04:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "life devoid of adverse consequence."
In response to Reply # 0

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 04:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

There are more white Americans in prison or jail than there are people in prison or jail in the entire continent of Africa.

Firecracker
Member since Feb 20th 2007
1892 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 04:40 PM

3. "Uh oh, Denny"
In response to Reply # 2

>There are more white Americans in prison or jail than there
>are people in prison or jail in the entire continent of
>Africa.

U done did it now bruh bruh

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 06:03 PM

6. "RE: Uh oh, Denny"
In response to Reply # 3

https://media0.giphy.com/media/RvLIysCIubMQw/giphy.gif

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

denny
11281 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 06:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "I welcome the statistical counter-point."
In response to Reply # 3

yep

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 04:56 PM

4. "http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gCl_qPm0CIo/VShh8xfd_EI/AAAAAAAABeY/O9lZAbpCxj..."
In response to Reply # 2

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gCl_qPm0CIo/VShh8xfd_EI/AAAAAAAABeY/O9lZAbpCxj8/s1600/13763827.gif

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 05:20 PM

5. "Excellent example, far more should be imprisoned."
In response to Reply # 2

They're figuratively and literally getting away with murder.

denny
11281 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 06:42 PM

8. "Yah...."
In response to Reply # 5

There's barely ANY murder in the aggregate of African countries.

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 06:47 PM

9. "or non-white's in Oregon"
In response to Reply # 8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/11/oregon-legislature-passes-bill-decriminalizing-heroin-cocaine-meth-possession-hoping-to-curb-mass-incarceration

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 09:54 PM

12. "Damn."
In response to Reply # 9

Shit makes me a bit angry, man.

denny
11281 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 09:56 PM

13. "RE: Damn."
In response to Reply # 12

White people getting off for drug crimes makes you angrier than African people getting murdered with no investigation?

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 12:12 AM

14. "No"
In response to Reply # 13

>White people getting off for drug crimes makes you angrier
>than African people getting murdered with no investigation?
White people getting off for drug crimes while black people getting convicted for the same crime and tossed in jail is what makes us angry

Black people getting murdered with no investigation is yet ANOTHER thing that pisses off black people, on top of MULTIPLE unfair treatments by the "justice" system

denny
11281 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 12:21 AM

15. "I'm responding to an article..."
In response to Reply # 14
Thu Jul-13-17 12:25 AM by denny

It's about (allegedly) white people NOT getting arrested because of regional drug laws. If those drug laws are lenient...then have them for all.

flipnile
13575 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 01:38 PM

19. "What do you keep bringing up Africa for?"
In response to Reply # 13
Thu Jul-13-17 01:39 PM by flipnile

Is it because Africans are black like me? Is this your version of "what about black-on-black crime?"

Also, why don't you ask an actual African about African issues? I'm a Black American. We're talking about a US issue in this post.

denny
11281 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 07:02 PM

26. "Because 'white' privilege...."
In response to Reply # 19
Sat Jul-15-17 07:15 PM by denny

extends beyond national boundaries. Yet this specific privilege asserted in the OP DOES NOT extend beyond national boundaries. White Americans are more likely to go to jail/prison than POC in almost every other country on Earth. Therefor...white Americans are NOT afforded the 'privilege' of committing crimes with impunity.

howardlloyd
Member since Jan 18th 2007
2729 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 03:48 AM

39. "n/m"
In response to Reply # 26
Sun Jul-16-17 03:49 AM by howardlloyd

you a dumb motherfucker

http://howardlloyd.bandcamp.com

denny
11281 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 03:54 AM

40. "I think you are a couple steps behind."
In response to Reply # 39
Sun Jul-16-17 04:00 AM by denny

I agree with the claims you made. I'm talking internationally.

I have been on record on this site as advocating for black americans unfairly and disproportionally imprisoned. I can provide links if needed? Is it really needed? I've done so numerous times.

The question I'm addressing HERE is if white Americans commit crimes without punishment. It's not true. In fact...it's VERY not true.

It's a falsehood that is popular in a current idealogy that I despise.

In regards to your edit. I had thought you would be more honorable.

howardlloyd
2729 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 09:25 AM

43. "RE: I think you are a couple steps behind."
In response to Reply # 40
Sun Jul-16-17 09:26 AM by howardlloyd

blacks and latinos comprise 90% of those incarcerated for drugs in the state of NY.

it is also a fact the whites in NY consume and sell more drugs than blacks and latinos by a wide margin. (have fun reconciling this with your theory)

so amongst the PLETHORA of reasons your whole position is uniformed is that it assumes that POLICING is evenly spread across demographics/neighborhoods etc

you really think that white people don't get away with crimes?? lol

just stop man... you're embarassing yourself

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 07:24 PM

10. "I mean they did lose 10's of millions of people and were invaded"
In response to Reply # 8

and carved up (no pun intended) by people with ill intent

What would tiny by comparison Europe be like if the western portion lost an equal amount of it populace and underwent similar colonial disruption?

I'll wait

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 12:43 PM

16. "oh for fucks sake, denny...."
In response to Reply # 2

flipnile
13575 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 12:55 PM

17. "You're going full US conservative republican in here"
In response to Reply # 2

>Africa.

What does the prison population in Africa have to do with an example of a privileged class in the US?

I think I already know the answer, but don't wanna speculate.

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 03:56 PM

22. "Going? Dude been a bigot at best an open racist at other times"
In response to Reply # 17

------

Government Name
Member since Dec 16th 2005
23190 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 01:33 PM

18. "and?"
In response to Reply # 2

________
http://twitter.com/aehorton
http://instagram.com/aehorton

denny
11281 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 12:03 PM

24. "The premise was that white americans commit crimes "
In response to Reply # 18
Sat Jul-15-17 12:20 PM by denny

with impunity. The statistics don't support that. White Americans are heavily over-represented in prisons and jails when compared to other populations. (not all but most)

If thinking critically makes me unpopular I'm prepared to deal with that. I experience the EXACT same tactics in conservative environments in the inverse. I'm too stubborn for either scenario to be hurtful. I'm a liberal. Not a Trump supporter. The accusation that I am is too absurd to be hurtful or intimidating.

This is a VERY bad example of white privilege that undermines the concept of it's practical effectiveness. Like I stated above....I welcome a counter-argument but all I see are hurt feelings and character assassination.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 12:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
32. "Factually false"
In response to Reply # 24

>with impunity. The statistics don't support that. White
>Americans are heavily over-represented in prisons and jails
>when compared to other populations. (not all but most)

Non-hispanic White prison pop is 37% in the US compared to the population of non hispanic whites in general in the country which is 62%. So they are UNDER represented by a large margin (going on half as likely!) .

denny
11281 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 12:18 AM

33. "I thought I was pretty clear in referring to 'white americans'"
In response to Reply # 32
Sun Jul-16-17 12:40 AM by denny

In which case...we should make a 'non-american privilege' argument instead of a white privilege one. Though I presume there is noone that has any need/want to invest in that.

I'm comparing american prison populations to the rest of the world. To the point that whites in america do not have impunity to commit crimes. In fact...white americans are more likely to be in prison/jail in the US than POC in every other country in the world.

I don't think people really understand how many people the US puts in jail compared to the rest of the world. The numbers are staggering and provide results that contradict our assumptions regardless of race in a a global context.

I'll repeat my claim (apparently numbers are racist but here goes). There are more white Americans in prison/jail than there are PEOPLE in prison/jail in the entire continent of Africa.

denny
11281 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 01:03 AM

34. "If I need to be more clear than I will be:"
In response to Reply # 33
Sun Jul-16-17 01:14 AM by denny

The critical race theorist idea that white Americans commit crimes with impunity is FALSE. I don't know how to be clearer than that. There are more than a MILLION white americans in jail/prison for christ's sake. This is a HISTORICALLY (as in 'ever') high number for population demographics in regards to imprisonment. Anywhere, anytime. Yes...black Americans are even MORE proportionally represented. But NOONE is 'privileged' in going unpunished for crimes in America compared to the rest of the world or it's history.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 08:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
42. "But thats moving goalposts like a mother"
In response to Reply # 34
Mon Jul-17-17 12:10 PM by BigReg

You changed the topic of the post from the implied 'look at this rich white mofo wilding, if it was a poor minority he wouldda went to jail!'...which is basically an international norm as far as rich majority/vs poor minority is concerned into a discussion about America's insane incarceration rate as a whole.

Its like us debating gender selection in China and saying it doesnt exist because there are more girls born there than in the US because of the huge difference in population.

Or us debating rape on campus and you kool aid man coming through with the, "but its not high as male prison rape, whats the issue?", lol

(that said i did read an interesting article on how female prison woman on woman abuse can give the men a run)

You're become someone who I liked for their honest posts on drug abuse/sexuality/unconventional family structure into a goalpost poster; whenever someone brings up a specific issue you bring up a counterpoint on a side issue to try to discredit the main issue. IE, we all know that PC culture is nuts but its just not even close to what's happening on the ultra-right/alt-right/conservative side.

Like a Denny post is us debating Steve King saying some racist shit as usual:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/steve-king-babies-tweet-cnntv/index.html

and saying that since these dyke march assholes went overboard with anti-semetic slur they are as bad:

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/240785/chicago-dyke-march-drops-pretense-deploys-anti-semitic-term-popularized-by-neo-nazis

Now you wont say it outright, but you will just dump that post there in the middle of a race discussion and hinting "Look, everyone on both sides are bad!" ignoring the fact Mr. King can enact laws, has sway with the local police dept, and since he was a popularly elected official has a problematic constituency base. etc.

>The critical race theorist idea that white Americans commit
>crimes with impunity is FALSE. I don't know how to be clearer
>than that. There are more than a MILLION white americans in
>jail/prison for christ's sake. This is a HISTORICALLY (as in
>'ever') high number for population demographics in regards to
>imprisonment. Anywhere, anytime. Yes...black Americans are
>even MORE proportionally represented. But NOONE is
>'privileged' in going unpunished for crimes in America
>compared to the rest of the world or it's history.

J305
Member since Dec 07th 2008
7311 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 06:53 PM

45. "^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 42

peace

J305

People of color are NOT a minority. Think Global.

Don't Let Hollywood fool you.

http://www.twitter.com/Jtronic
http://www.last.fm/user/Jtronic

denny
11281 posts
Mon Jul-24-17 11:39 PM

59. "I strongly disagree."
In response to Reply # 42
Mon Jul-24-17 11:50 PM by denny

The selective fact-fudging is coming from the other side...not me. The contention itself is based on selective parameters. White Americans don't define themselves relationally to black and latino Americans.

It would be similar to this contention I will use as an example: Native Americans are more than 3 times likely to get killed by police than black Americans. Therefor, black Americans are privileged? Sounds absurd right? I'd argue the exact same mistake is being made here.

White americans serve more prison time than almost any other population on earth. So just becuase they serve less prison time than a specifically defined out-group consisting of black/latino americans....does not constitute privilege. It would be like saying Gypsies had privilege in Nazi occupied territory because the Jews were their highest-prioritized target.

All Americans are punished and sent to prison to a greater extent than the rest of the world. Whites less so than black/latinos. But it hardly constitutes 'privilege'. And the assertion that white americans commit crimes with impunity is utter nonsense. Imo, the proper characterization would be something like 'Americans are punished for crimes disproportionately to the rest of the world, especially blacks and latinos'. NOT 'white americans commit crimes with impunity'.

I don't really get what you're saying with the rest of your post....but whoever's running the Chicagodykemarch are out of their fucking minds and should be ashamed of themselves.

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 02:08 PM

20. "why are you so into antagonizing this place?"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu Jul-13-17 02:10 PM by dba_BAD

you position yourself as the sole champion of some elusive "honest" or "fact-based" discussion, and that you alone are capable of or interested in a balanced perspective on... race? i guess

but what's more plain and more salient is that you are a white man needling a black community over and over and over again, specifically about its supposed lack of understanding or warped awareness of... race

i mean i'm not surprised per se, it's very predictable in a way

but it's so... obviously shitty. why isn't any of your insight or nuance sensitive to that?

__

fairweather

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 04:00 PM

23. "Dude is a loser with the game on easy mode"
In response to Reply # 20

Straight(ish) white American male and stil a bum this all he got

------

denny
11281 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 07:05 PM

27. "Fair question..."
In response to Reply # 20
Sat Jul-15-17 07:10 PM by denny

You used the term 'nuance'. You think I'm antagonizing. I think I'm asserting nuance.

Simply invoking the term 'white privilege' does not shut down my ability to analyze a specific assertion with nuance. I would assert that the responses here are lacking in 'nuance'. Not me.

White Americans are NOT able to commit crimes with impunity. In fact...they are punished more harshly and thoroughly than most people in the other nations. Not to the disproportionate extent of black Americans....but moreso than most populations.

I provided fucking NUMBERS. Come back at me with NUMBERS. If you can find them.

The 'lack of nuance' is in those that are attacking me.

AZ
Charter member
12930 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 07:44 PM

28. "RE: Fair question..."
In response to Reply # 27

>You used the term 'nuance'. You think I'm antagonizing. I
>think I'm asserting nuance.
>
>Simply invoking the term 'white privilege' does not shut down
>my ability to analyze a specific assertion with nuance. I
>would assert that the responses here are lacking in 'nuance'.
>Not me.
>
>White Americans are NOT able to commit crimes with impunity.
>In fact...they are punished more harshly and thoroughly than
>most people in the other nations. Not to the disproportionate
>extent of black Americans....but moreso than most
>populations.
>
>I provided fucking NUMBERS. Come back at me with NUMBERS. If
>you can find them.
>
>The 'lack of nuance' is in those that are attacking me.

You're not making any nuanced argument, you're just engaging in intellectual dishonesty. Why anyone considers this worth engaging with is beyond me.

denny
11281 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 07:50 PM

29. "Are you part of a cult?"
In response to Reply # 28
Sat Jul-15-17 07:55 PM by denny

Surely if I held such offensive views you would be able to argue them on their merits. No?

Ask yourself....why do I need to characterize denny instead of engaging him?

The position you describe....ie 'what's the sense of engaging him' comes AFTER you engage in the discourse and realize it's fruitless. Not before. Disengaging BEFORE makes you either a coward or someone who is not standing on solid ground.

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 07:57 PM

30. "You didn't have to explain that"
In response to Reply # 27

that you believe you are asserting nuance into a conversation or community that lacks it. Such belief (read: contempt) is dripping from every keystroke

This is a forest for trees situation, and is absolutely personal, and about you - your interest in numbers doesn't absolve you of your behavior

__

fairweather

denny
11281 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 08:04 PM

31. "I do feel contempt."
In response to Reply # 30
Sat Jul-15-17 08:20 PM by denny

Contempt for this post-modernist critical race theory that results in bullshit like the OP. I'm calling all of it out wherever I read it and I won't stop.

I thank you for the 'forest from the trees' reference because that's EXACTLY what I'm worried about. Imo....EVERYONE has to stop the 'forest from the trees' bullshit. It's stopping logical and rational people from objecting to illogical and irrational arguments. STOP THE TRIBALISM.

In the current climate....'Forest from the trees' is another way of saying I'm gonna get behind shit I don't agree with because it's good for MY PEOPLE.

I have an interracial family. I want my kids to have dreams. I'm not gonna abide by ANYONE telling them they are victims and that their dreams are useless. I'm not gonna abide by ANYONE telling them to be afraid of police. I'm not gonna abide by ANYONE telling them the cards are stacked against them. I will literally fight to this death for this....much less being ostracized by an internet community.

Am I arguing with a bunch of losers? Do you have a family? Do you know what it's like when some SJW (white) teacher tells YOUR kid they should be afraid of the police?

Forest from the trees eh? Maybe you should focus on getting outta the forest and what that entails.

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 01:47 AM

35. "Your "point" will never matter, because it's not the point"
In response to Reply # 31

The point is who you are, where this is, what you choose to respond to, why and how

You're yelling @ ppl who don't want to be yelled @ by you

Yelling at them abt... their... shit. Abt shit that is expressly theirs

What's sick is I'm pretty sure you know this, but that it somehow feeds the behavior all the same

I think you're a lot more interesting than bartek, but this recent turn of yours is old already

I'm embarrassed for you a little bit

I mean, id be remiss not to qualify all of this by advising that you do you

But since you don't seem to be finding the debate you're looking for here, why don't you look elsewhere

I don't want to speak abt this any more, I don't think I have anything else to contribute

__

fairweather

denny
11281 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 02:37 AM

37. "Everyone should take note:"
In response to Reply # 35
Sun Jul-16-17 02:44 AM by denny

"The point is who you are, where this is, what you choose to respond to, why and how"

Yah figures. This is EXACTLY what I'm trying to fight against. I'm not gonna adhere to whatever the hell you have already assigned me to and I never will. I'm not defined by YOUR identity politics.

The box you attempt to make for me is actually a box for you.

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 08:09 PM

49. "Your flip dismissal of these so called "identity politics""
In response to Reply # 37

And the notion that you can opt out of them is the clearest expression of white privilege in this post

__

fairweather

denny
11281 posts
Tue Jul-18-17 02:30 AM

57. "I think that's a good point."
In response to Reply # 49
Tue Jul-18-17 02:36 AM by denny

We're obviously off-topic...but I agree with your point. If my personal perceived identity is not a threat to my well-being...it's easier for me to divest myself from it. I completely agree with you on that.

It is WAY easier for me to preach against identity politics than it is for a POC. I don't experience the persecutions and social disadvantages that black Americans face. I acknowledge this burden and I acknowledge that this burden has a natural consequence in one to double-down on their perceived identity. I am arguing that this doubling-down, though psychologically tempting, actually exacerbates the persecution and social disadvantage that one experiences. The way out is to deconstruct those perceived identities....not to embrace them.

I am not arguing for 'color-blindness'. I am arguing for an emphasis on individuality.

Birdzeye
Member since Feb 29th 2008
433 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 02:27 AM

36. "RE: You didn't have to explain that"
In response to Reply # 30

>that you believe you are asserting nuance into a conversation
>or community that lacks it. Such belief (read: contempt) is
>dripping from every keystroke

^^^^^^^^ Basically this nails it on the head for the most vocal of white posters on OKP and it's getting disgusting. There is such a superiority complex! I find it amazing that when the debate discussed prison incarceration in the US and the blatant discrepancies between white people and others that Denny found a way to delegitimise black peoples pain with a totally irrelevant point of view!

Denny, Is it contempt or denial or both? Please do continue to enlighten us savages!

I've recently observed the disrespectful recent use of the word Nigga from Melanon and his unrepentant attitude when called out! The dismissive persona of Heinz when it comes to black peoples perspectives.

We've got a so-called hip hop expert (who shall remain anonymous) who occasionally displays a very bullish 'I know better than others' persona and acts like he's the gate keeper on this element of black culture.

As a regular visitor/lurker from early 2000s It's pretty sickening to me that even in a space dedicated to mostly black art forms/discourse it has become a place for white people to talk down to us using false justifications such as nuance, interracial family, hip hop knowledge!

I miss the days of Taygravy,@ Von Pea and 15!!

Lurk everyday.. Post once a month..

denny
11281 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 02:47 AM

38. "Whaddup Birdseye"
In response to Reply # 36
Sun Jul-16-17 03:11 AM by denny

Fuck black people's perspectives. How bout that?

I don't group black people together and the idea that black people have a 'collective perspective' is fucking bullshit. Fuck you and fuck your racist rhetoric disguised as virtue.

You're not better than me or anyone else. Including 'dissenting' black people that confound you. I already know what you're about....I know the people you named....and you disgust me. Maybe there was a time where you thought everyone 'who was good' was the same as you. You were WRONG. You just didn't dig deep enough because you were intoxicated by your feelings.

It scares you that NOONE is the same. This same thing comforts me.

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 07:14 PM

47. "fam you got issues, regardless of how you identify yourself"
In response to Reply # 38

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 12:04 PM

53. "you okay? you been slipping lately. "
In response to Reply # 38

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 07:15 PM

48. "got eeeeeeemmmmmmm"
In response to Reply # 36

>We've got a so-called hip hop expert (who shall remain
>anonymous)
>

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 12:03 PM

52. "who? I think I know.. lol"
In response to Reply # 48

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 12:08 PM

54. "I understood that reference (c)"
In response to Reply # 48

http://i.imgur.com/XS5LK.gif

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Thu Jul-13-17 03:22 PM

21. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJeO5QzAQk"
In response to Reply # 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJeO5QzAQk

seriously.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

denny
11281 posts
Sat Jul-15-17 06:59 PM

25. "Easier to make allusions than an argument."
In response to Reply # 21

Perhaps you are a coward? I can't call it.

denny
11281 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 04:13 AM

41. "Seriously."
In response to Reply # 25

J305
Member since Dec 07th 2008
7311 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 07:11 PM

46. "Pretty sure the comment you replied to is about Busch specifically"
In response to Reply # 2

>Africa.

But if you want to debate whether white privilege exists and use prison stats to do so, you need to take into account that the US has the highest inmate population in the world, in both absolute (# of inmates) and relative (prison population rate) terms:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/uk/06/prisons/html/nn2page1.stm

And then look at the prison population rate when split by race:
http://www.businessinsider.com/study-finds-huge-racial-disparity-in-americas-prisons-2016-6

peace

J305

People of color are NOT a minority. Think Global.

Don't Let Hollywood fool you.

http://www.twitter.com/Jtronic
http://www.last.fm/user/Jtronic

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 07:30 PM

11. "whte privy jus won the presidency this is kibbles"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35258 posts
Sun Jul-16-17 01:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
44. "pretty sure its not"
In response to Reply # 0

in fact, i dont think you could have picked a situation ANY further removed from the day to day life of ANYONE in this country

a billionaire's drunken helicoptering? cmon lol

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

flipnile
13575 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 11:28 AM

50. "Yeah, this is "Rich Guy" privilege "
In response to Reply # 44

I know quite a few white dudes that got hit hard for getting caught doing wheelies on their motorcycles. If this guy wasn't rich and was doing burnouts in his F150 in the parking lot instead then he probably ain't walking away from that so easily.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jul-25-17 08:59 AM

61. "so you think a rich BLACK guy would've gotten off as easily?"
In response to Reply # 50

case closed.

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5188 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 11:59 AM

51. "Same difference "
In response to Reply # 44

#crimingwhilewhite

https://twitter.com/hashtag/crimingwhilewhite

---------------------------
Signature

Jon
Charter member
18687 posts
Mon Jul-17-17 02:43 PM

55. "Damn these buzzwords are really jumping the shark now lol"
In response to Reply # 0

denny
11281 posts
Tue Jul-18-17 02:23 AM

56. "OJ Simpson murders two 'white' people"
In response to Reply # 55

Gospel choirs sing hymns dedicated to him and he writes a book called 'If I did it' while partying on yachts and beaches. BLACK PRIVILEGE.

This is not my assertion. This is an example of the predictable response from the alt-right and how a conversation like this devolves into destructive meaningless with NO context and nuance.

THIS DOES NOT HELP ANYONE.

howardlloyd
2729 posts
Mon Jul-24-17 09:03 PM

58. "STFU"
In response to Reply # 56

you ignored so many posts that made illuminate the idiocy of your position

keep digging deeper

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Tue Jul-25-17 07:58 AM

60. "OJ ain't kill those people bruh "
In response to Reply # 56

Lobby General Discussion topic #13173140 Previous topic | Next topic