Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: You didn't have to explain that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13173140&mesg_id=13173854
13173854, RE: You didn't have to explain that
Posted by Birdzeye, Sun Jul-16-17 02:27 AM
>that you believe you are asserting nuance into a conversation
>or community that lacks it. Such belief (read: contempt) is
>dripping from every keystroke

^^^^^^^^ Basically this nails it on the head for the most vocal of white posters on OKP and it's getting disgusting. There is such a superiority complex! I find it amazing that when the debate discussed prison incarceration in the US and the blatant discrepancies between white people and others that Denny found a way to delegitimise black peoples pain with a totally irrelevant point of view!

Denny, Is it contempt or denial or both? Please do continue to enlighten us savages!

I've recently observed the disrespectful recent use of the word Nigga from Melanon and his unrepentant attitude when called out! The dismissive persona of Heinz when it comes to black peoples perspectives.

We've got a so-called hip hop expert (who shall remain anonymous) who occasionally displays a very bullish 'I know better than others' persona and acts like he's the gate keeper on this element of black culture.

As a regular visitor/lurker from early 2000s It's pretty sickening to me that even in a space dedicated to mostly black art forms/discourse it has become a place for white people to talk down to us using false justifications such as nuance, interracial family, hip hop knowledge!

I miss the days of Taygravy,@ Von Pea and 15!!