Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThis is the definition of white privilege...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13173140
13173140, This is the definition of white privilege...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-12-17 03:51 PM
when you get caught high and flying a helicopter with guns and drugs and get off with no charges filed...

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/august-busch-iv-arrested-after-trying-to-fly-off-in/article_8125d9e3-d38a-5bf5-bf95-2e9592a939a0.html

Police say August A. Busch IV was intoxicated, tried to fly copter in Swansea
By Joe Holleman St. Louis Post-Dispatch 6 hrs ago (78)

Former brewery scion August A. Busch IV was held overnight Monday by Swansea police after he attempted to leave an office park in his helicopter while appearing to be intoxicated, authorities said.

A breath test showed Busch had no alcohol in his system, but police said he failed field sobriety tests, according to court documents. Police applied for search warrants to obtain blood, urine and other samples.

No charges have been filed. St. Clair County authorities said they are still investigating the incident, which started shortly after noon Monday, when Busch landed the helicopter at the Bronze Pointe office park off Route 159.

Police were called and arrived to find a helicopter that had landed close to buildings and other obstacles. They spoke to the pilot, later identified in court documents as Busch. Unsure of the legalities, officers contacted the Federal Aviation Administration, which said it investigated whether any aviation laws were broken.

Authorities returned to the office park about 8 p.m. when witnesses reported Busch, who appeared intoxicated, was trying to leave in the helicopter, according to court documents. It’s not clear where Busch had been in the meantime.

Swansea police said in court documents that Busch seemed “intoxicated,” “anxious,” “rambling” and “unable to keep a single train of thought.” A breath test showed no alcohol in Busch’s system, but his behavior led police to conduct several field sobriety tests, which court documents indicated Busch failed.

During those tests, his speech was “very mumbled and slurred,” documents say.

Busch declined to provide fluid samples to check for intoxication, and police applied for a warrant to obtain them. The samples were taken at Belleville Memorial Hospital, police said. Results were not yet available.

Busch told police he has a concealed carry permit in Missouri, and had a loaded gun in his pocket, according to court documents. Busch gave police permission to search the helicopter, where they found three more loaded handguns and a pepper spray gun, court documents say.

Several types of prescription drugs also were recovered, the documents noted. Some were prescribed to Busch and others to the woman who was with him, identified in court documents as Dawna M. Wood.

Busch told police he had the drugs to treat his anxiety issues, police said. At one point while talking to police, Busch began jumping around and running sprints, telling police he needed to get more oxygen to cope with an anxiety attack. Police called for an ambulance, but it was not needed.

Busch was held by Swansea police overnight on suspicion of reckless conduct, unlawful use of a weapon and being intoxicated “in or about an aircraft.” He was released shortly after noon Tuesday. No charges were filed.

St. Clair County State’s Attorney Brendan Kelly said the case still is under investigation.

Busch, 53, is the former head of Anheuser-Busch Cos. and ran the brewing giant from 2006 until it was bought out two years later. He has had several high-profile dealings with police.

In January, Busch was questioned by police after he pulled a gun during a confrontation at a bank in Key West, Fla. No arrests were made, no charges were filed and no one was injured.

In that incident, police said a man in a pickup became angry with Busch for parking in a manner that blocked access to a bank door.

A witness said that while Busch walked to an ATM, the pickup driver got out of his vehicle, began yelling at Busch and walked toward him. The witness said Busch pulled out a handgun but kept it pointed at the ground.

In 1984, Busch avoided criminal charges after a car crash in Arizona that killed a 22-year-old woman.

In 1986, Busch was acquitted by a jury of third-degree assault charges in connection with a high-speed police chase in the city’s West End.

Then in 2010, Adrienne Martin, Busch’s girlfriend, died of an accidental drug overdose at Busch’s estate in Huntleigh. Two years later, Busch paid $1.75 million to settle a wrongful-death civil suit.

13173142, life devoid of adverse consequence.
Posted by Cam, Wed Jul-12-17 04:00 PM
13173154, lol
Posted by denny, Wed Jul-12-17 04:24 PM
There are more white Americans in prison or jail than there are people in prison or jail in the entire continent of Africa.
13173157, Uh oh, Denny
Posted by Firecracker, Wed Jul-12-17 04:40 PM
>There are more white Americans in prison or jail than there
>are people in prison or jail in the entire continent of
>Africa.

U done did it now bruh bruh
13173183, RE: Uh oh, Denny
Posted by MEAT, Wed Jul-12-17 06:03 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/RvLIysCIubMQw/giphy.gif
13173190, I welcome the statistical counter-point.
Posted by denny, Wed Jul-12-17 06:36 PM
yep
13173159, http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gCl_qPm0CIo/VShh8xfd_EI/AAAAAAAABeY/O9lZAbpCxj8/s1600/13763827.gif
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Jul-12-17 04:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gCl_qPm0CIo/VShh8xfd_EI/AAAAAAAABeY/O9lZAbpCxj8/s1600/13763827.gif
13173170, Excellent example, far more should be imprisoned.
Posted by Cam, Wed Jul-12-17 05:20 PM
They're figuratively and literally getting away with murder.
13173191, Yah....
Posted by denny, Wed Jul-12-17 06:42 PM
There's barely ANY murder in the aggregate of African countries.
13173192, or non-white's in Oregon
Posted by Cam, Wed Jul-12-17 06:47 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/11/oregon-legislature-passes-bill-decriminalizing-heroin-cocaine-meth-possession-hoping-to-curb-mass-incarceration
13173216, Damn.
Posted by flipnile, Wed Jul-12-17 09:54 PM
Shit makes me a bit angry, man.
13173217, RE: Damn.
Posted by denny, Wed Jul-12-17 09:56 PM
White people getting off for drug crimes makes you angrier than African people getting murdered with no investigation?
13173232, No
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Jul-13-17 12:12 AM
>White people getting off for drug crimes makes you angrier
>than African people getting murdered with no investigation?
White people getting off for drug crimes while black people getting convicted for the same crime and tossed in jail is what makes us angry

Black people getting murdered with no investigation is yet ANOTHER thing that pisses off black people, on top of MULTIPLE unfair treatments by the "justice" system
13173234, I'm responding to an article...
Posted by denny, Thu Jul-13-17 12:21 AM
It's about (allegedly) white people NOT getting arrested because of regional drug laws. If those drug laws are lenient...then have them for all.
13173451, What do you keep bringing up Africa for?
Posted by flipnile, Thu Jul-13-17 01:38 PM
Is it because Africans are black like me? Is this your version of "what about black-on-black crime?"

Also, why don't you ask an actual African about African issues? I'm a Black American. We're talking about a US issue in this post.
13173810, Because 'white' privilege....
Posted by denny, Sat Jul-15-17 07:02 PM
extends beyond national boundaries. Yet this specific privilege asserted in the OP DOES NOT extend beyond national boundaries. White Americans are more likely to go to jail/prison than POC in almost every other country on Earth. Therefor...white Americans are NOT afforded the 'privilege' of committing crimes with impunity.
13173858, n/m
Posted by howardlloyd, Sun Jul-16-17 03:48 AM
you a dumb motherfucker
13173859, I think you are a couple steps behind.
Posted by denny, Sun Jul-16-17 03:54 AM
I agree with the claims you made. I'm talking internationally.

I have been on record on this site as advocating for black americans unfairly and disproportionally imprisoned. I can provide links if needed? Is it really needed? I've done so numerous times.

The question I'm addressing HERE is if white Americans commit crimes without punishment. It's not true. In fact...it's VERY not true.

It's a falsehood that is popular in a current idealogy that I despise.

In regards to your edit. I had thought you would be more honorable.
13173871, RE: I think you are a couple steps behind.
Posted by howardlloyd, Sun Jul-16-17 09:25 AM
blacks and latinos comprise 90% of those incarcerated for drugs in the state of NY.

it is also a fact the whites in NY consume and sell more drugs than blacks and latinos by a wide margin. (have fun reconciling this with your theory)

so amongst the PLETHORA of reasons your whole position is uniformed is that it assumes that POLICING is evenly spread across demographics/neighborhoods etc

you really think that white people don't get away with crimes?? lol

just stop man... you're embarassing yourself
13173199, I mean they did lose 10's of millions of people and were invaded
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Jul-12-17 07:24 PM
and carved up (no pun intended) by people with ill intent

What would tiny by comparison Europe be like if the western portion lost an equal amount of it populace and underwent similar colonial disruption?

I'll wait :)
13173430, oh for fucks sake, denny....
Posted by KiloMcG, Thu Jul-13-17 12:43 PM
13173434, You're going full US conservative republican in here
Posted by flipnile, Thu Jul-13-17 12:55 PM
>Africa.

What does the prison population in Africa have to do with an example of a privileged class in the US?

I think I already know the answer, but don't wanna speculate.
13173482, Going? Dude been a bigot at best an open racist at other times
Posted by MEAT, Thu Jul-13-17 03:56 PM
13173449, and?
Posted by Government Name, Thu Jul-13-17 01:33 PM
13173790, The premise was that white americans commit crimes
Posted by denny, Sat Jul-15-17 12:03 PM
with impunity. The statistics don't support that. White Americans are heavily over-represented in prisons and jails when compared to other populations. (not all but most)

If thinking critically makes me unpopular I'm prepared to deal with that. I experience the EXACT same tactics in conservative environments in the inverse. I'm too stubborn for either scenario to be hurtful. I'm a liberal. Not a Trump supporter. The accusation that I am is too absurd to be hurtful or intimidating.

This is a VERY bad example of white privilege that undermines the concept of it's practical effectiveness. Like I stated above....I welcome a counter-argument but all I see are hurt feelings and character assassination.

13173846, Factually false
Posted by BigReg, Sun Jul-16-17 12:16 AM
>with impunity. The statistics don't support that. White
>Americans are heavily over-represented in prisons and jails
>when compared to other populations. (not all but most)

Non-hispanic White prison pop is 37% in the US compared to the population of non hispanic whites in general in the country which is 62%. So they are UNDER represented by a large margin (going on half as likely!) .
13173847, I thought I was pretty clear in referring to 'white americans'
Posted by denny, Sun Jul-16-17 12:18 AM
In which case...we should make a 'non-american privilege' argument instead of a white privilege one. Though I presume there is noone that has any need/want to invest in that.

I'm comparing american prison populations to the rest of the world. To the point that whites in america do not have impunity to commit crimes. In fact...white americans are more likely to be in prison/jail in the US than POC in every other country in the world.

I don't think people really understand how many people the US puts in jail compared to the rest of the world. The numbers are staggering and provide results that contradict our assumptions regardless of race in a a global context.

I'll repeat my claim (apparently numbers are racist but here goes). There are more white Americans in prison/jail than there are PEOPLE in prison/jail in the entire continent of Africa.
13173849, If I need to be more clear than I will be:
Posted by denny, Sun Jul-16-17 01:03 AM
The critical race theorist idea that white Americans commit crimes with impunity is FALSE. I don't know how to be clearer than that. There are more than a MILLION white americans in jail/prison for christ's sake. This is a HISTORICALLY (as in 'ever') high number for population demographics in regards to imprisonment. Anywhere, anytime. Yes...black Americans are even MORE proportionally represented. But NOONE is 'privileged' in going unpunished for crimes in America compared to the rest of the world or it's history.
13173867, But thats moving goalposts like a mother
Posted by BigReg, Sun Jul-16-17 08:01 AM
You changed the topic of the post from the implied 'look at this rich white mofo wilding, if it was a poor minority he wouldda went to jail!'...which is basically an international norm as far as rich majority/vs poor minority is concerned into a discussion about America's insane incarceration rate as a whole.

Its like us debating gender selection in China and saying it doesnt exist because there are more girls born there than in the US because of the huge difference in population.

Or us debating rape on campus and you kool aid man coming through with the, "but its not high as male prison rape, whats the issue?", lol

(that said i did read an interesting article on how female prison woman on woman abuse can give the men a run)

You're become someone who I liked for their honest posts on drug abuse/sexuality/unconventional family structure into a goalpost poster; whenever someone brings up a specific issue you bring up a counterpoint on a side issue to try to discredit the main issue. IE, we all know that PC culture is nuts but its just not even close to what's happening on the ultra-right/alt-right/conservative side.

Like a Denny post is us debating Steve King saying some racist shit as usual:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/steve-king-babies-tweet-cnntv/index.html

and saying that since these dyke march assholes went overboard with anti-semetic slur they are as bad:

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/240785/chicago-dyke-march-drops-pretense-deploys-anti-semitic-term-popularized-by-neo-nazis

Now you wont say it outright, but you will just dump that post there in the middle of a race discussion and hinting "Look, everyone on both sides are bad!" ignoring the fact Mr. King can enact laws, has sway with the local police dept, and since he was a popularly elected official has a problematic constituency base. etc.

>The critical race theorist idea that white Americans commit
>crimes with impunity is FALSE. I don't know how to be clearer
>than that. There are more than a MILLION white americans in
>jail/prison for christ's sake. This is a HISTORICALLY (as in
>'ever') high number for population demographics in regards to
>imprisonment. Anywhere, anytime. Yes...black Americans are
>even MORE proportionally represented. But NOONE is
>'privileged' in going unpunished for crimes in America
>compared to the rest of the world or it's history.
13173910, ^^^^^^^^
Posted by J305, Sun Jul-16-17 06:53 PM
13177145, I strongly disagree.
Posted by denny, Mon Jul-24-17 11:39 PM
The selective fact-fudging is coming from the other side...not me. The contention itself is based on selective parameters. White Americans don't define themselves relationally to black and latino Americans.

It would be similar to this contention I will use as an example: Native Americans are more than 3 times likely to get killed by police than black Americans. Therefor, black Americans are privileged? Sounds absurd right? I'd argue the exact same mistake is being made here.

White americans serve more prison time than almost any other population on earth. So just becuase they serve less prison time than a specifically defined out-group consisting of black/latino americans....does not constitute privilege. It would be like saying Gypsies had privilege in Nazi occupied territory because the Jews were their highest-prioritized target.

All Americans are punished and sent to prison to a greater extent than the rest of the world. Whites less so than black/latinos. But it hardly constitutes 'privilege'. And the assertion that white americans commit crimes with impunity is utter nonsense. Imo, the proper characterization would be something like 'Americans are punished for crimes disproportionately to the rest of the world, especially blacks and latinos'. NOT 'white americans commit crimes with impunity'.

I don't really get what you're saying with the rest of your post....but whoever's running the Chicagodykemarch are out of their fucking minds and should be ashamed of themselves.

13173462, why are you so into antagonizing this place?
Posted by dba_BAD, Thu Jul-13-17 02:08 PM
you position yourself as the sole champion of some elusive "honest" or "fact-based" discussion, and that you alone are capable of or interested in a balanced perspective on... race? i guess

but what's more plain and more salient is that you are a white man needling a black community over and over and over again, specifically about its supposed lack of understanding or warped awareness of... race

i mean i'm not surprised per se, it's very predictable in a way

but it's so... obviously shitty. why isn't any of your insight or nuance sensitive to that?
13173483, Dude is a loser with the game on easy mode
Posted by MEAT, Thu Jul-13-17 04:00 PM
Straight(ish) white American male and stil a bum this all he got
13173811, Fair question...
Posted by denny, Sat Jul-15-17 07:05 PM
You used the term 'nuance'. You think I'm antagonizing. I think I'm asserting nuance.

Simply invoking the term 'white privilege' does not shut down my ability to analyze a specific assertion with nuance. I would assert that the responses here are lacking in 'nuance'. Not me.

White Americans are NOT able to commit crimes with impunity. In fact...they are punished more harshly and thoroughly than most people in the other nations. Not to the disproportionate extent of black Americans....but moreso than most populations.

I provided fucking NUMBERS. Come back at me with NUMBERS. If you can find them.

The 'lack of nuance' is in those that are attacking me.
13173816, RE: Fair question...
Posted by AZ, Sat Jul-15-17 07:44 PM
>You used the term 'nuance'. You think I'm antagonizing. I
>think I'm asserting nuance.
>
>Simply invoking the term 'white privilege' does not shut down
>my ability to analyze a specific assertion with nuance. I
>would assert that the responses here are lacking in 'nuance'.
>Not me.
>
>White Americans are NOT able to commit crimes with impunity.
>In fact...they are punished more harshly and thoroughly than
>most people in the other nations. Not to the disproportionate
>extent of black Americans....but moreso than most
>populations.
>
>I provided fucking NUMBERS. Come back at me with NUMBERS. If
>you can find them.
>
>The 'lack of nuance' is in those that are attacking me.

You're not making any nuanced argument, you're just engaging in intellectual dishonesty. Why anyone considers this worth engaging with is beyond me.
13173817, Are you part of a cult?
Posted by denny, Sat Jul-15-17 07:50 PM
Surely if I held such offensive views you would be able to argue them on their merits. No?

Ask yourself....why do I need to characterize denny instead of engaging him?

The position you describe....ie 'what's the sense of engaging him' comes AFTER you engage in the discourse and realize it's fruitless. Not before. Disengaging BEFORE makes you either a coward or someone who is not standing on solid ground.
13173818, You didn't have to explain that
Posted by dba_BAD, Sat Jul-15-17 07:57 PM
that you believe you are asserting nuance into a conversation or community that lacks it. Such belief (read: contempt) is dripping from every keystroke

This is a forest for trees situation, and is absolutely personal, and about you - your interest in numbers doesn't absolve you of your behavior
13173819, I do feel contempt.
Posted by denny, Sat Jul-15-17 08:04 PM
Contempt for this post-modernist critical race theory that results in bullshit like the OP. I'm calling all of it out wherever I read it and I won't stop.

I thank you for the 'forest from the trees' reference because that's EXACTLY what I'm worried about. Imo....EVERYONE has to stop the 'forest from the trees' bullshit. It's stopping logical and rational people from objecting to illogical and irrational arguments. STOP THE TRIBALISM.

In the current climate....'Forest from the trees' is another way of saying I'm gonna get behind shit I don't agree with because it's good for MY PEOPLE.

I have an interracial family. I want my kids to have dreams. I'm not gonna abide by ANYONE telling them they are victims and that their dreams are useless. I'm not gonna abide by ANYONE telling them to be afraid of police. I'm not gonna abide by ANYONE telling them the cards are stacked against them. I will literally fight to this death for this....much less being ostracized by an internet community.

Am I arguing with a bunch of losers? Do you have a family? Do you know what it's like when some SJW (white) teacher tells YOUR kid they should be afraid of the police?

Forest from the trees eh? Maybe you should focus on getting outta the forest and what that entails.
13173853, Your "point" will never matter, because it's not the point
Posted by dba_BAD, Sun Jul-16-17 01:47 AM
The point is who you are, where this is, what you choose to respond to, why and how

You're yelling @ ppl who don't want to be yelled @ by you

Yelling at them abt... their... shit. Abt shit that is expressly theirs

What's sick is I'm pretty sure you know this, but that it somehow feeds the behavior all the same

I think you're a lot more interesting than bartek, but this recent turn of yours is old already

I'm embarrassed for you a little bit

I mean, id be remiss not to qualify all of this by advising that you do you

But since you don't seem to be finding the debate you're looking for here, why don't you look elsewhere

I don't want to speak abt this any more, I don't think I have anything else to contribute
13173856, Everyone should take note:
Posted by denny, Sun Jul-16-17 02:37 AM
"The point is who you are, where this is, what you choose to respond to, why and how"

Yah figures. This is EXACTLY what I'm trying to fight against. I'm not gonna adhere to whatever the hell you have already assigned me to and I never will. I'm not defined by YOUR identity politics.

The box you attempt to make for me is actually a box for you.
13173919, Your flip dismissal of these so called "identity politics"
Posted by dba_BAD, Sun Jul-16-17 08:09 PM
And the notion that you can opt out of them is the clearest expression of white privilege in this post
13174616, I think that's a good point.
Posted by denny, Tue Jul-18-17 02:30 AM
We're obviously off-topic...but I agree with your point. If my personal perceived identity is not a threat to my well-being...it's easier for me to divest myself from it. I completely agree with you on that.

It is WAY easier for me to preach against identity politics than it is for a POC. I don't experience the persecutions and social disadvantages that black Americans face. I acknowledge this burden and I acknowledge that this burden has a natural consequence in one to double-down on their perceived identity. I am arguing that this doubling-down, though psychologically tempting, actually exacerbates the persecution and social disadvantage that one experiences. The way out is to deconstruct those perceived identities....not to embrace them.

I am not arguing for 'color-blindness'. I am arguing for an emphasis on individuality.
13173854, RE: You didn't have to explain that
Posted by Birdzeye, Sun Jul-16-17 02:27 AM
>that you believe you are asserting nuance into a conversation
>or community that lacks it. Such belief (read: contempt) is
>dripping from every keystroke

^^^^^^^^ Basically this nails it on the head for the most vocal of white posters on OKP and it's getting disgusting. There is such a superiority complex! I find it amazing that when the debate discussed prison incarceration in the US and the blatant discrepancies between white people and others that Denny found a way to delegitimise black peoples pain with a totally irrelevant point of view!

Denny, Is it contempt or denial or both? Please do continue to enlighten us savages!

I've recently observed the disrespectful recent use of the word Nigga from Melanon and his unrepentant attitude when called out! The dismissive persona of Heinz when it comes to black peoples perspectives.

We've got a so-called hip hop expert (who shall remain anonymous) who occasionally displays a very bullish 'I know better than others' persona and acts like he's the gate keeper on this element of black culture.

As a regular visitor/lurker from early 2000s It's pretty sickening to me that even in a space dedicated to mostly black art forms/discourse it has become a place for white people to talk down to us using false justifications such as nuance, interracial family, hip hop knowledge!

I miss the days of Taygravy,@ Von Pea and 15!!

13173857, Whaddup Birdseye
Posted by denny, Sun Jul-16-17 02:47 AM
Fuck black people's perspectives. How bout that?

I don't group black people together and the idea that black people have a 'collective perspective' is fucking bullshit. Fuck you and fuck your racist rhetoric disguised as virtue.

You're not better than me or anyone else. Including 'dissenting' black people that confound you. I already know what you're about....I know the people you named....and you disgust me. Maybe there was a time where you thought everyone 'who was good' was the same as you. You were WRONG. You just didn't dig deep enough because you were intoxicated by your feelings.

It scares you that NOONE is the same. This same thing comforts me.
13173915, fam you got issues, regardless of how you identify yourself
Posted by Madvillain 626, Sun Jul-16-17 07:14 PM
13174191, you okay? you been slipping lately.
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 12:04 PM
13173916, got eeeeeeemmmmmmm
Posted by Madvillain 626, Sun Jul-16-17 07:15 PM

>We've got a so-called hip hop expert (who shall remain
>anonymous)
>
13174189, who? I think I know.. lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Mon Jul-17-17 12:03 PM
13174197, I understood that reference (c)
Posted by BigReg, Mon Jul-17-17 12:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XS5LK.gif
13173478, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJeO5QzAQk
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Jul-13-17 03:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJeO5QzAQk

seriously.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
13173809, Easier to make allusions than an argument.
Posted by denny, Sat Jul-15-17 06:59 PM
Perhaps you are a coward? I can't call it.
13173860, Seriously.
Posted by denny, Sun Jul-16-17 04:13 AM
13173914, Pretty sure the comment you replied to is about Busch specifically
Posted by J305, Sun Jul-16-17 07:11 PM
>Africa.

But if you want to debate whether white privilege exists and use prison stats to do so, you need to take into account that the US has the highest inmate population in the world, in both absolute (# of inmates) and relative (prison population rate) terms:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/uk/06/prisons/html/nn2page1.stm

And then look at the prison population rate when split by race:
http://www.businessinsider.com/study-finds-huge-racial-disparity-in-americas-prisons-2016-6
13173200, whte privy jus won the presidency this is kibbles
Posted by LAbeathustla, Wed Jul-12-17 07:30 PM
13173882, pretty sure its not
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Jul-16-17 01:04 PM
in fact, i dont think you could have picked a situation ANY further removed from the day to day life of ANYONE in this country

a billionaire's drunken helicoptering? cmon lol
13174127, Yeah, this is "Rich Guy" privilege
Posted by flipnile, Mon Jul-17-17 11:28 AM
I know quite a few white dudes that got hit hard for getting caught doing wheelies on their motorcycles. If this guy wasn't rich and was doing burnouts in his F150 in the parking lot instead then he probably ain't walking away from that so easily.
13177183, so you think a rich BLACK guy would've gotten off as easily?
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Jul-25-17 08:59 AM
case closed.
13174184, Same difference
Posted by Lurkmode, Mon Jul-17-17 11:59 AM

#crimingwhilewhite

https://twitter.com/hashtag/crimingwhilewhite
13174410, Damn these buzzwords are really jumping the shark now lol
Posted by Jon, Mon Jul-17-17 02:43 PM
13174615, OJ Simpson murders two 'white' people
Posted by denny, Tue Jul-18-17 02:23 AM
Gospel choirs sing hymns dedicated to him and he writes a book called 'If I did it' while partying on yachts and beaches. BLACK PRIVILEGE.

This is not my assertion. This is an example of the predictable response from the alt-right and how a conversation like this devolves into destructive meaningless with NO context and nuance.

THIS DOES NOT HELP ANYONE.
13177126, STFU
Posted by howardlloyd, Mon Jul-24-17 09:03 PM
you ignored so many posts that made illuminate the idiocy of your position

keep digging deeper
13177159, OJ ain't kill those people bruh
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Jul-25-17 07:58 AM