- recruiting is on a dead period probably until games are played, so it is 100 percent social media and calls/texts with coaches who have nothing else to do. december signing will be interesting without any summer camps/visits -- I feel more sleepers could fall through the cracks and the recruiting rankings are going to be even more speculative than usual.
- that said, Tennessee just got verbals from a pair of 5* and four 4* in a span of eight days. all were top HS players from Alabama, Georgia and Florida. I've been around long enough to see plenty of recruiting dreams die on campus or signing day, but Pruitt has a loooong record of evaluating and developing talent (unlike star-gazer Butch). best part about having the current #2 national class is seeing all the fucking subtweets from Georgia, Florida and even Oklahoma. uh-oh.
- Tua's little brother just entered the transfer portal.
- oh and last month Mike Leach posted a joke with a noose meme and really started things off swimmingly at Mississippi State.
1. "looking like no fans in eugene for osu/oregon" In response to Reply # 0
Of course I would've liked to see a hyped atmosphere for that game but what a huge break for OSU to play that game w/o fans. OSU's 2 most difficult games this year are oregon and psu on the road. Both games become infinitely easier without fan rowdiness.
Day + Hartline are recruiting at a higher level than urban which is hard to believe. Never thought I'd live to see the day where OSU landed 5-star WR's with ease. If OSU lands JT and Egbuka out of Washington as predicted, this could wind up the highest rated recruiting class of all time.
Equally as hard to believe is what PJ Fleck is doing on the recruiting trail at minny. Maybe they're the team to finally give wisky some legit competition in the west.
Good thing harbaugh ruffled so many feathers by running all those satellite camps in sec country...it's really paved the way for his recruiting domination in the state of Massachusetts lolz.
2. "decommits should be at all time high once things open back up" In response to Reply # 0
>- recruiting is on a dead period probably until games are >played, so it is 100 percent social media and calls/texts with >coaches who have nothing else to do. december signing will be >interesting without any summer camps/visits -- I feel more >sleepers could fall through the cracks and the recruiting >rankings are going to be even more speculative than usual.
7. "lots of assistant turnover" In response to Reply # 5
>As an aside, is Bama's grip on recruiting in the South >starting to finally vane, or is this just wishful thinking?
guys like Cochran and Burton Burns (who had been there a decade and had a hand in nearly every successful bama back). didn't help that some of those guys ended up at SEC rivals, a fact he seemed to lament to Belichick during The Art of Coaching.
but they'll still get top 5 classes as long as Saban is there. I mean hell, they just finished 2nd nationally last year.
10. "lilTua transferring to Maryland. intriguing" In response to Reply # 0
im really digging the direction Arkansas is heading. i like Pittman and he seems like he isnt a complete waste of space like that Texas High School coach roaming the sidelines losing to Colorado state.
i fully expect ASU to win the P12 South. lost some NFL talent but Jayden D will break in the new skill guys nicely im sure.
14. "Pierce has been great" In response to Reply # 13
he's poached a lot of California players ASU couldn't dream of getting the last decade. the consensus is Herm is grooming him to take over when he decides to retire. you've gotta wonder how much money U of A is saving up to try and bring him to Tucson.
ASU really needs to take advantage of the next two years, JD may not stay his senior year and most of the defense will be sophomores as well. take advantage of the tumult at both LA schools while you can. Utah will need to reload too.
11. "wasn't surprised at lil tua getting outta there." In response to Reply # 0
he can't get on the field. mac jones will start and he's good. not tua good, but still. plus the got a fresh that's some are saying is at least as good as tua. jury's out since he hasn't played and didn't unseat Jones.
TN seems to be doing well with the recruits. Pruitt is working his mojo over the last couple of years.