Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectformer Pitt players call Narduzzi racist.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2714716&mesg_id=2715622
2715622, former Pitt players call Narduzzi racist.
Posted by will_5198, Sat Jun-06-20 03:18 PM
"My former head coach would call opponents ‘thugs’ if he didn’t like their style of play,” Reynolds wrote. “He’d even call some of my teammates and I ‘thugs’ if we wore a hood underneath our travel jumpsuit when it was freezing outside. Lol we couldn’t even wear our Pitt hat backwards without being called ‘thugs.’ These things happen all the time and are constantly overlooked or never even heard about.

"Although they aren’t direct racial slurs, it isn’t not racism just (because) you use alternate terms to define us. There is systematic oppression and racism within college athletics and it needs to be addressed as well. If you are a college coach or a sports coach in general and have spoken out with genuine care and legit facts, I salute you!" -- LB Elias Reynolds, transferred out last fall

“(He’s) not lying" -- former WR Darian Street

"Remember when he told me to cut my dreads then said it was pitiful when he didn’t see me with a hair cut the next day" -- former WR Justin Morgan

another feather in Mark Dantonio's cap...