Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectGary Patterson, come on down
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2714716&mesg_id=2717081
2717081, Gary Patterson, come on down
Posted by will_5198, Tue Aug-04-20 11:59 AM
Per The Athletic and TCU360:

TCU head coach Gary Patterson issued an apology Tuesday morning, acknowledging he did say the N-word in a conversation with linebacker Dylan Jordan.

The incident between Patterson and Jordan occurred during a practice Sunday. TCU chancellor Victor Boschini told TCU360.com that Patterson had said the racial slur while “trying to ask the players not to use it anymore.” Jordan, a redshirt freshman who is Black, shared his account of the issue in a Twitter post on Monday afternoon and called for repercussions for Patterson’s actions.

TCU’s football team held a locker room meeting on Monday to discuss the incident, and players say they made it clear to Patterson that his use of the word was unacceptable. The Horned Frogs did not practice on Monday in order to take time off and deal with the matter. Patterson said he met with the team’s seniors and leadership council on Monday night for a discussion on how to move forward.

“I apologize for the use of a word that, in any context, is unacceptable,” Patterson said in a statement. “I have always encouraged our players to do better and be better and I must live by the same standards. Our players, past and present have always been the strength of our program. These men are and will always be my motivation and driving force.”