Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2716845

Subject: "2020 NHL Playoffs Poast: Gritty Goes to Canada" Previous topic | Next topic
smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
32817 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 10:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2020 NHL Playoffs Poast: Gritty Goes to Canada"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flyers/comments/hzkiu3/gritty_billboard_in_toronto/

Games start Saturday in a country that has a *mildly* functional national government, which is more than the US can say.

I still don't quite understand how this tournament works but I'm not mad at 6 games a day including during week days.

https://i.imgur.com/ZkkZekl.gif

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
yes, I'm hyped for this...
Jul 29th 2020
The format is basically a giant roulette wheel.
Jul 31st 2020
If Carlson stays injured the Caps are toast
Jul 31st 2020
go canes
Jul 31st 2020
still a good young team
Jul 31st 2020
lotta hockey about to be played
Aug 02nd 2020
Caps/Bolts was phenomenal
Aug 03rd 2020

Dstl1
Charter member
48950 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 01:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "yes, I'm hyped for this..."
In response to Reply # 0

we got some much needed rest...as everyone did. Nice to have a healthy Vlad Tarasenko back.

...cleaned up my act, made a few violent songs...but, they wack like Glen Rice with New Balance on - Sean Price

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71267 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 12:29 AM

2. "The format is basically a giant roulette wheel."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jul-31-20 12:30 AM by ConcreteCharlie

The extra round is pretty stupid, I mean wow Edmonton got fucked, that was basically a coin flip for a bye and they lost.

I have a lot of thoughts as to who I like on paper but let's face it paper means nothing. The weird layoff and the potential for injuries alone throws the whole fuckin thing into a blender, and then toss in all the possible Covid fuckery and we really can't form much in the way of expectations.

You'd have to think Columbus having all their players is an edge for them. I think they will take out Toronto in the opening round.

Tough breaks for Philly and Boston, they were really rolling at the stoppage time.

In the West who knows, if Edmonton gets good goaltending they are one team in the play in round I could see going deep. Dallas is very slept on and their boring but effective style could play even better in this setting. I wouldn't wanna play them for seven games. St. Louis is super strong, best team on paper in the West by far. Colorado also very interesting now that they are healthy. No idea what to expect from Vegas, they were all over the place under Gallant and only a little more consistent with Deboer.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

smutsboy
32817 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 08:39 AM

5. "If Carlson stays injured the Caps are toast"
In response to Reply # 2

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
79341 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 08:02 AM

3. "go canes"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm not sure if were good or not. i fell off after 20 or so games after being really into last season's stretch and playoff run.

<--- Big Baller World Order

smutsboy
32817 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 08:24 AM

4. "still a good young team"
In response to Reply # 3

They lack some scoring depth after their top line, and goaltending is mediocre. But they're a good team. Annoyingly good.

smutsboy
32817 posts
Sun Aug-02-20 10:25 AM

6. "lotta hockey about to be played"
In response to Reply # 0

Pretty surprised MTL hung with Pittsburgh.

No idea what happened to Edmonton but it was 5-1 at one point, damn.

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
16886 posts
Mon Aug-03-20 06:06 PM

7. "Caps/Bolts was phenomenal"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2716845 Previous topic | Next topic