Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe format is basically a giant roulette wheel.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2716845&mesg_id=2716916
2716916, The format is basically a giant roulette wheel.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jul-31-20 12:29 AM
The extra round is pretty stupid, I mean wow Edmonton got fucked, that was basically a coin flip for a bye and they lost.

I have a lot of thoughts as to who I like on paper but let's face it paper means nothing. The weird layoff and the potential for injuries alone throws the whole fuckin thing into a blender, and then toss in all the possible Covid fuckery and we really can't form much in the way of expectations.

You'd have to think Columbus having all their players is an edge for them. I think they will take out Toronto in the opening round.

Tough breaks for Philly and Boston, they were really rolling at the stoppage time.

In the West who knows, if Edmonton gets good goaltending they are one team in the play in round I could see going deep. Dallas is very slept on and their boring but effective style could play even better in this setting. I wouldn't wanna play them for seven games. St. Louis is super strong, best team on paper in the West by far. Colorado also very interesting now that they are healthy. No idea what to expect from Vegas, they were all over the place under Gallant and only a little more consistent with Deboer.