Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13464266

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Search result list | First match | Last match
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Tue Jul-12-22 11:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Zzz

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
do mods just wake up and throw darts at post and remove them
Jul 13th 2022
Making of a local legend
Jul 13th 2022
*applause*
Jul 13th 2022
gift giving
Jul 13th 2022
nah.. but we still call and sing Happy Birthday every year
Jul 13th 2022
when did you stop?
Jul 13th 2022
      never started. We don’t do gifts on Birthdays unless its for kids
Jul 13th 2022
           i meant your siblings and their partners
Jul 13th 2022
My bad...I misread the post. Ignore this...
Jul 13th 2022
Nah, we stopped around the time we started having kids.
Jul 13th 2022
Imma loose friends over Politics
Jul 13th 2022
my wife thinks the kids should have a harder life.
Jul 13th 2022
my wife is the same way.
Jul 14th 2022
it's really goofy.
Jul 14th 2022
      it pisses me off
Jul 14th 2022
Respectfully, your wife is buggin
Jul 14th 2022
THIS x 1000
Jul 14th 2022
I tell her that everytime this convo comes up.
Jul 14th 2022
What's her response to that?
Jul 14th 2022
      she'll say ok.
Jul 14th 2022
           How was your wife’s relationship with her dad?
Jul 14th 2022
                he wasn't around much and when he was, it wasn't good.
Jul 14th 2022
                     Yeah I can understand some of the rationale, but I think it's also
Jul 14th 2022
                     my wife is a very traditional thinker.
Jul 14th 2022
                          basically
Jul 14th 2022
                     that is usually the case
Jul 14th 2022
                          she just gonna have to be bothered.
Jul 14th 2022
^^^And much of the time those wolves are in the workplace
Jul 14th 2022
The ever rational, "I had it hard, you should too"
Jul 14th 2022
we set up our home to make things easier for the
Jul 14th 2022
I often wonder when will my kids be old enough to be left alone
Jul 14th 2022
      There were probably eyes everywhere
Jul 14th 2022
      most definitely..
Jul 14th 2022
      no, that's not bad parenting.
Jul 14th 2022
      I think the over protection thing gets blown out of proportion
Jul 14th 2022
      In certain situations, absolutely. But not always.
Jul 14th 2022
           I think its a disadvantage to have this much negative news
Jul 14th 2022
                I agree, but only if you have a lack of self-awareness
Jul 14th 2022
                     yup. it comes down to not putting my own fears and
Jul 14th 2022
                     lost my kid at the sky zone
Jul 14th 2022
                          That's the worst feeling ever man.
Jul 14th 2022
My wife and my daughter’s mom are similar but I don’t give a shiggid...
Jul 14th 2022
      yup, I'm definitely going to keep doing my part in
Jul 14th 2022
      Agree on all fronts except that first one
Jul 14th 2022

Jul 14th 2022
                No doubt.
Jul 14th 2022
Been sick for 72 hours
Jul 14th 2022
niggas ran up in the fake slap post with briefcases… lmao
Jul 14th 2022
super lol
Jul 14th 2022
the rubber on my car mat melted
Jul 15th 2022
Man got a drinking problem
Jul 18th 2022
Fuck Cancer
Jul 18th 2022
There's hope
Jul 19th 2022
      Always.. appreciate it!
Jul 19th 2022

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79622 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 08:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "do mods just wake up and throw darts at post and remove them"
In response to Reply # 0

I’m curious what makes a post get deleted.

Must be certain words or phrases that ring the alarm because every few days someone is like “what happened to the (insert random topic) post?”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 09:05 AM

2. "Making of a local legend"
In response to Reply # 0

A month ago a kid in the neighborhood got hit by a car
Our neighborhood is still under development so right now there’s only a single home owner on the HOA board fuck him
Lets just call him Jason Matthews
Jason Matthews is a prick. An anti-vaccine, pro pro trump, military and police worshiping prick who acts tough as hell on Facebook
And the reason we know how he acts on Facebook is because that’s the only way the HOA board communicates with the neighborhood
So when … lets call him Jason Matthews decided alone that the developer was going to place speed bumps in the neighborhood, man got a lot of pushback. But that didnt deter him. Because dude was right in his eyes and pushed right on.
All while saying vote him out and that other folks didn’t care about kids and they were all keyboard warriors
When multiple in person meetings were requested they were ignored
None the less temporary speed bumps went up the last weekend
But along with the speed bumps came signs warning of speed bumps … large twelve foot signs that were never once mentioned
So when asked about it on Facebook… lets call him Jason Matthews got real quiet
And when told that legal actions were going to be pursued, lets call him Jason Matthews decided to defer to the builder and then also get wild passive aggressive
So when a certain homeowner immediately removed the sign, pole, planted a small tree in the former hole, and left the sign there, there were a good number of handshakes, thumbs up, and passerbys
But nothing more from lets call him Jason Matthews

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 11:04 AM

9. "*applause*"
In response to Reply # 2

That homeowner, let's call him MEAT. Handled that shit well. The planting of a tree was a nice touch.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 09:23 AM

3. "gift giving"
In response to Reply # 0

do you guys still buy bday presents for your siblings in-laws? if not, when did you stop?

what do you do when they ask what you want?

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 09:31 AM

4. "nah.. but we still call and sing Happy Birthday every year"
In response to Reply # 3

at least with the women..

the men dont do that with each other unless we joke rhyming or clowning with the kids.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 10:06 AM

5. "when did you stop?"
In response to Reply # 4

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 10:14 AM

7. "never started. We don’t do gifts on Birthdays unless its for kids"
In response to Reply # 5
Wed Jul-13-22 10:18 AM by legsdiamond

wait.. for the siblings in-laws? I barely know those people, they aint getting shit, not even a text, lol.

we are not that close that I would even fathom contacting them to even say happy birthday.

I’m terrible with Bdays tho.. but siblings inlaws? Unless they show up at christmas I aint giving them the time a day let alone a gift.

I think this may be a cultural thing.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 10:22 AM

8. "i meant your siblings and their partners"
In response to Reply # 7

i remember growing up our uncles would get us gifts then around HS stopped.

i feel like me and my siblings are just going to keep giving each other and our nieces/nephews gifts until we die lol we havent stopped and im thinking we probably should had. i guess if everyone is okay with doing it then its all good. im just trying to see how odd we are.

also, what to give is getting kinda weird

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 10:08 AM

6. "My bad...I misread the post. Ignore this..."
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Jul-13-22 10:09 AM by Marbles

n/m

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 11:06 AM

10. "Nah, we stopped around the time we started having kids."
In response to Reply # 3

We might do a family dinner tho.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49427 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 02:59 PM

11. "Imma loose friends over Politics"
In response to Reply # 0

I never experienced having friends to turn out to be Trumpers. Just wasn't a thing with the people I had around me.

I am starting to experience a lot of there are no differences between Republicans and Democrats and its starting to wear thin on me. Thing is, If I know are politics don't align, I don't really have to talk politics. But a homey who is in a whatsapp group or 2 with me feels like its his job to share every snti-Dem, Biden meme story there is. And I can also take sharing the bad news about Dems, but when he shares misinformation I do feel compelled to point out its misinformation just to make sure everyone in the group knows its misinformation.

And then that turns into him thinking I am pro-Dems and him doubling down and sharing more stuff.

All of this is just annoying but it will be a problem because it really makes me just want to explain to him that I don't argue with him because I am not going to argue with a person who gets his info from Memes and the shit he says is too dumb and ill-informed to ever try and argue with. You want to vote for Jill Stein, do it. Don't try and convince me its the right thing to do.

Imma lose friends when I tell them they should stop trying to convince me because I don't respect their opinion.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Wed Jul-13-22 10:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "my wife thinks the kids should have a harder life."
In response to Reply # 0

my daughter started working a new job and is taking public transportation to get there. I've agreed to pick her up since she's gets off at 9pm or later.

the other night, as I was getting my wife from the airport, my mom went to get our daughter. during the ride home, wife complains about the daughter relying on us and the grandmas to get her around.

do you really want your 18 yr old, no street life, child on MARTA at night to help her mature. that's not how that works.

we've had this talk before. its seems specifically about our daughter. maybe because she's older (my son is 13). wife wants the daughter to experience some portions of life as she did.

I keep explaining that isn't a good idea and the circumstances are different. so it's really not even possible. both my wife and I had only our mothers to rely on for whatever. daughter has both of us and the grandmas. why wouldn't she come to each of us to make some things happen?

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 07:39 AM

13. "my wife is the same way. "
In response to Reply # 12

women say they want what’s best for their child but often when it comes to daughters they have a weird jealousy when it comes to fathers and daughters.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
23. "it's really goofy."
In response to Reply # 13

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:27 AM

26. "it pisses me off"
In response to Reply # 23

We worked hard to make sure our kids have a better life and then you want them to feel the struggle that we despised???

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 07:52 AM

14. "Respectfully, your wife is buggin"

I would be outside my daughter job at 8:50 every night to pick her up it’s absolute wolves out here that would be plotting on her public transportation schedule. She big tripping

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 08:31 AM

15. "THIS x 1000"
In response to Reply # 14

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 09:04 AM

16. "I tell her that everytime this convo comes up."

it's just stupid to think like that. ain't no way she riding the bus home in the dark. it's wild af outside.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 09:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "What's her response to that?"
In response to Reply # 16

>it's just stupid to think like that. ain't no way she riding
>the bus home in the dark. it's wild af outside.
>

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:21 AM

21. "she'll say ok."
In response to Reply # 19

doesn't say that she agrees. that's the problem. she'll just want to end the discussion, but still seems to see it her way. As evidenced by this being a continual theme.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:26 AM

24. "How was your wife’s relationship with her dad? "
In response to Reply # 21

Often when I hear this about daughters its because their dad wasn’t doing this for them so they see it as a negative instead of a positive.

but I’m also have a wife who says they will end up pregnant or running the streets if I give them dessert 2 days in a row… lol.

Just wild how people are clearly impacted negatively by their past but want the kids to experience the same thing thinking its good for them.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:43 AM

29. "he wasn't around much and when he was, it wasn't good."
In response to Reply # 24

that may be wear it stems from. I would hope rationale thinking would kick in.

they think we're being soft on them by treating them better or just being present lol.

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 11:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
32. "Yeah I can understand some of the rationale, but I think it's also"
In response to Reply # 29

a lot of rationalizing instead of thinking rationally.

I think people conflate the benefits of resistance we all experience- learning how to persevere, overcome, etc- with just plain old making things harder than they have to be.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:02 PM

35. "my wife is a very traditional thinker. "
In response to Reply # 32

I'm more of a freedom guy, to an extent. we have things in common like making sure they're health is good, grades are good and generally moving in the right direction.

this portion of her traditionalist bent (do it the old way because I did) irks me.

I remember talking to a cousin years ago about about spanking her child. Basically telling her that it's not a good thing to do. Cousin said the typical 'it worked for me'. I said did it?

she was a runaway, early pregnant, high school drop out. now working jobs with no future. takes advantage of people. ran over her dad with his truck. yeah, spanking definitely worked for you.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:19 PM

39. "basically"
In response to Reply # 35

I often clap back with a “and how did that turn out? Did you like it? Did it help you become a better person?”

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 11:56 AM

34. "that is usually the case"
In response to Reply # 29

they see us being present and fully invested and it triggers something

One time she came in hot because the kids get so many gifts from my family. I keep reminding her that I sacrificed some of my teen years helping the raise my sisters kids. So we got a late start and all of us are much better off financially so these kids are living the good life.

I straight up told my wife she needs to stop lying about her concerns. Its not the real issue.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:12 PM

37. "she just gonna have to be bothered."
In response to Reply # 34

If I can help keep them happy and safe, that's what I'm gonna do.

she'll have to deal with her own issues and hopefully think differently as time goes. we'll see.

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 09:52 AM

18. "^^^And much of the time those wolves are in the workplace"

>I would be outside my daughter job at 8:50 every night to
>pick her up it’s absolute wolves out here that would be
>plotting on her public transportation schedule. She big
>tripping

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 09:35 AM

17. "The ever rational, "I had it hard, you should too""

>wife wants
>the daughter to experience some portions of life as she did.

There's certainly some value to having obstacles

But too many people grossly overvalue hardship. IMO, the world, as a whole, is hard enough. Arbitrarily throwing more of them in someone's way to "toughen them up" or whatever, is backward thinking IMO.

My wife thinks my 11 year old is good to stay home for short trips.

Sure. Most likely. But... nah. Nope.

My wife says she was left alone for hours at this age.

Cool. So was I- and I was left for *days* on multiple occasions, with siblings to take care of.

That doesn't mean I use that as my basis for whether or not my child, in today's climate, where we live, should also be left alone.

We've talked to her about everything under the sun, so she's aware of things that can happen. The kids don't answer the door if there's a knock, we do. But she's forgotten on occassion, we get an amazon delivery or whatever.

My thing is, shit happens. There are whole ass podcasts and youtoube channels dedicated to telling the stories of shit that happens.

Hell I remember one story where a girl, I want to say she was 9 or 10, called her mom to say someone was at the door. Mom said not to answer the door. I don't recall the rest, but the person at the door was the landscaper at their trailer park (or something like that), and had gotten in through a bathroom window. He raped and murdered her.

We live in apartments, it's all too easy for a neighbor to notice both our cars have left and come up to snoop around, see if the door is left unlocked or whatever. And what if a window is open? Etc.

I don't know who pays attention to what, but there's WAY too much evidence showing that there are a LOT of those people out there, and there are plenty of situations where those sorts of people act on sheer opportunity.

There's just no practical reason to leave her. I asked my wife, how will you feel if something happens?

The answer: nothing will happen.

WHAT?

Fuck all that.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:19 AM

20. "we set up our home to make things easier for the "
In response to Reply # 17

next generation. they'll have their own obstacles to deal with and will have to figure them out. those hurdles don't need to be from our past and if they are, don't need to be as high.

you're right. can't base their lives on how we grew up. that's not good parenting at all.

We talk to them about securing stuff. my son won't close the blinds as it gets dark, nobody checks the doors but me. they live worry-free lives for the most part, but the lessons on safety will stick eventually.

Yup, never know who is watching. We live in a cul-de-sac, with very little traffic. I talk to them about people knowing when our cars aren't there. A neighbors car was stolen this week, 3 houses from mine.

I'm usually mr. optimistic about things in general, but I also grew up fighting, being 'robbed' by dudes with uzis, bounty hunters pulling out long as rifles telling me I look like somebody else, and general unsafe hood shit. I know what it's like walking up dark as streets, wondering if tonight's the night.

these kids aren't living the life I had or that she did. no need to put any of that on them in the name of growing them up proper. it's just stupid.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:22 AM

22. "I often wonder when will my kids be old enough to be left alone"
In response to Reply # 17

I was left alone at a young age and had access to my grandparents house and the most I did was snoop around.

Same with leaving them at the park.

its wild because it was less safe back in the day but we roamed the streets and played all afternoon like it was nothing.

Was this bad parenting?

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:27 AM

25. "There were probably eyes everywhere "
In response to Reply # 22

------

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:30 AM

28. "most definitely.. "
In response to Reply # 25

get home and its “why were you playing in the street at 3pm down by the boulevard?”

but you were at work all day? how did you..

dont worry about that.. you better answer me!!!

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 10:28 AM

27. "no, that's not bad parenting."

they didn't have the technology to monitor the kids like we have today. our parents were just working with what they had.

I do think there's an element of over protection in some cases because of how news highlights things, but I rather err on the side of caution.

my momma had two jobs most of my growing up years. she gave me instructions, but ummm, yeah lol. there was only so much that I was going to adhere to while she was away.

We started leaving ours alone as my daughter got to be a teen. it wouldn't be for long. maybe a store run something short. you just have to feel your way through it.

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 11:41 AM

33. "I think the over protection thing gets blown out of proportion"
In response to Reply # 27
Thu Jul-14-22 11:48 AM by Cold Truth

>they didn't have the technology to monitor the kids like we
>have today. our parents were just working with what they had.
>
>
>I do think there's an element of over protection in some cases
>because of how news highlights things, but I rather err on the
>side of caution.

Agreed. And I think, for most, this takes the form of simple, common sense shit- like make sure your 18 year old daughter has a ride when she gets off work.

There's a tendency by many to conflate this into sending her out into the world in a bubble wrapped cocoon with a giant helmet and air trackers embedded in each limb, or some shit.

There are definitely some of those parents out here, but most of the time, the "over protection" I see comes in the form of simply being a loving, caring parent.

I.e, I've seen a lot of parents who, when their kid takes a bad fall at a playground, immediately say, "get up, you're fine".

I used to do that, but then shifted a bit. I ask, are you hurt? what hurts? I get them to assess themselves and think about whether or not their hurt or just a little shaken.

IMO, that's *actually* teaching self-reliance and an ability to assess a scary situation, because they'll usually come to the realization that they're ok on their own, rather than think their ok because I told them they were.

But me just coldly telling them they're not hurt can easily be interpreted like I don't care.

>We started leaving ours alone as my daughter got to be a teen.
>it wouldn't be for long. maybe a store run something short.
>you just have to feel your way through it.

Yep.

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 11:19 AM

30. "In certain situations, absolutely. But not always. "

>I was left alone at a young age and had access to my
>grandparents house and the most I did was snoop around.
>
>Same with leaving them at the park.
>its wild because it was less safe back in the day but we
>roamed the streets and played all afternoon like it was
>nothing.
>
>Was this bad parenting?

IMO, this is ideal. I'd love to be able to let them run around and do their thing.

I just know too much about about how easily shit can turn south.

I think in a fair amount of cases, parents letting their kids run around and play was bad/negligent, even if the kids were ok. But I don't see it as *necessarily* bad parenting.

But I also think we know more. We have a ridiculous amount of access to a 24-hour media cycle, and so many horrific cases have been so well documented, that those dangers are far more front & center now. So we have an advantage prior generations did not.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:16 PM

38. "I think its a disadvantage to have this much negative news"
In response to Reply # 30

there were times when we had to check ourselves because we were saying “watch out, you dont want (insert the worst thing possible) to happen to you”

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:27 PM

40. "I agree, but only if you have a lack of self-awareness"
In response to Reply # 38
Thu Jul-14-22 12:30 PM by Cold Truth

IMO, you demonstrated that you have the filter necessary to balance that out.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, have watched every ep of SVU, etc, so between that and the plain old news, to say nothing my own wretched childhood and horror stories from other kids in the system, damn near everyone and everything can be my worst nightmare as a father.

We lost our son in the mall last year, for a good 30 minutes or so, I think, and ALL that shit was racing through my mind. It was the most miserable shit ever.

But 999 times out of a 1000, those are the thoughts that make me keep him at arms length when we're out. He's quick to run off and I knew better than to turn my back for even a second. I'm getting off track here, but yeah. That shit could have easily went south.

But even with that experience, I know I have to check my instincts against the biases that arise from all that other shit.

I def agree that it can cloud our judgment in error, but I don't think that becomes a disadvantage until/unless someone lacks that ability to check their own fears/experiences/etc

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:38 PM

42. "yup. it comes down to not putting my own fears and"
In response to Reply # 40

biases on them. there are times when I have to say the scary looking thing is actually scary and give them reasoning behind my thoughts.

however, my entire goal is to help them become less fearful as they grow. learn to talk frankly with is and hopefully carry that forward in talking to bosses later and ask for that raise.

with that, riding a bus anytime can be a bad idea, but riding a bus at night? if there's no need, we're not doing that.

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 01:44 PM

45. "lost my kid at the sky zone"
In response to Reply # 40

right before we were getting ready to leave.

she just disappeared and they turned the lights down for glow in the dark. Man listen

Kept imagining she went outside thinking we left.

Whole vibe on the way home was different because of that feeling.

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 03:10 PM

46. "That's the worst feeling ever man."
In response to Reply # 45

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 11:36 AM

31. "My wife and my daughter’s mom are similar but I don’t give a shiggid..."
Thu Jul-14-22 11:59 AM by Creole

It’s my job to protect her until someone else comes along to do it. Sure. I listen when they offer feedback and opinions. We don’t agree, don’t have to agree, and won’t agree on some things. They just need to acknowledge and know that my daughter is mine to love, spoil, nurture, and protect. And then accept that I’m gonna do all of the above when necessary.

Ain’t my fault that they may have had complicated relationships with their own pappy.

Best of luck to you as you navigate your own situation.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:09 PM

36. "yup, I'm definitely going to keep doing my part in"
In response to Reply # 31

keeping the kiddos safe. safe goes for my son.

preciate it.

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:37 PM

41. "Agree on all fronts except that first one"
In response to Reply # 31

>It’s my job to protect her until someone else comes along
>to do it.

I don't think I can get my mind around this. Chances are good that if something ever does happen, THAT'S the motherfucker who does it.

So, my lone, nitpicky ass disagreement is with this one

IMO, that's my role with both my kids, until the day I die or simply can't.

I'll def have to fall back and let them handle theirs as time goes on and all that. I just don't see my role ever transferring to another in that way, if that makes sense.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 12:57 PM

43. ""
In response to Reply # 41

necessary. I’ve seen and heard of way too many marriages failing because someone’s - husband or wife - was too involved.

I don’t wanna be that dad. Mind my business and step in only when asked and/or needed to. And quite frankly, I do that now with her as a young single woman.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

Cold Truth
44861 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 01:01 PM

44. "No doubt. "
In response to Reply # 43

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28848 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 06:05 PM

47. "Been sick for 72 hours"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jul-14-22 06:07 PM by Kira

On day one it was a fever, severe cold, shakes, scales on skin.

By day three it's chest pains, cough, and vomiting the first food above a cookie beaten since 2:30 pm on Tuesday.

WTF is going on? Never been unable to eat food before so this is new.

---

Still not voting for anything and look forward to Democrats paying for their benign neglect of the predominant black society that kept them in power.

---

Why didn't the LGBT community leverage their power to get Britney Grinder out of Russia?

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 07:29 PM

48. "niggas ran up in the fake slap post with briefcases… lmao"
In response to Reply # 0

grey
Member since Apr 04th 2003
2232 posts
Thu Jul-14-22 11:06 PM

49. "super lol "
In response to Reply # 48

mista k5
16415 posts
Fri Jul-15-22 09:15 AM

50. "the rubber on my car mat melted"
In response to Reply # 0

i bought a k29 air freshener stone and threw it on the back passenger floor. after a couple of days i couldnt stand the scent so i went to get it. it had slid under the mat and when i pulled it out it had black goo on it. i pulled the mat and there was nothing it could have came out of then i noticed the mat had goo where the stone was and it looked indented.

chemical reaction? dont have that happening to any other spots

the metal poles on the headrest of the passenger seat do feel warm compared to the drivers seat but not hot.

im gonna have to give it a closer look, doesnt add up.

MEAT
22257 posts
Mon Jul-18-22 12:22 PM

51. "Man got a drinking problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Hid it for over ten years. Went to the hospital because he thought he was dying and got nervous
Sat in the ER for a week and change trying save his life
Wife got him in AA, holding the whole family down
A month later he gets the news that he doesn’t have to go on dialysis.
Should be great news
He’s in his feelings about his looks and weight.
I’m trying to be a good friend but she my friend, him … ionknow him like that.
But I know if/when EYE got my second lease on life it was an opportunity to change
He still hurt about the things he claimed got him into drinking like that “feeling bad about himself and his body and low self esteem”
I’m not in that house, I don’t know what’s going on behind those doors
But what I hear sounds absurd to me

------

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Mon Jul-18-22 12:48 PM

52. "Fuck Cancer"
In response to Reply # 0

just found out a person who has always held a special place in my heart has cancer and this next surgery will determine a lot.

I’m sad and angry for her.

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Tue Jul-19-22 03:31 PM

53. "There's hope"
In response to Reply # 52

Mom had cancer in 2020, had chemo and surgery and came out cancer free and still cancer free today.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

legsdiamond
79622 posts
Tue Jul-19-22 09:48 PM

54. "Always.. appreciate it! "
In response to Reply # 53

Lobby General Discussion topic #13464266Search result list | First match | Last match