Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectImma loose friends over Politics
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13464266&mesg_id=13464316
13464316, Imma loose friends over Politics
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jul-13-22 02:59 PM
I never experienced having friends to turn out to be Trumpers. Just wasn't a thing with the people I had around me.

I am starting to experience a lot of there are no differences between Republicans and Democrats and its starting to wear thin on me. Thing is, If I know are politics don't align, I don't really have to talk politics. But a homey who is in a whatsapp group or 2 with me feels like its his job to share every snti-Dem, Biden meme story there is. And I can also take sharing the bad news about Dems, but when he shares misinformation I do feel compelled to point out its misinformation just to make sure everyone in the group knows its misinformation.

And then that turns into him thinking I am pro-Dems and him doubling down and sharing more stuff.

All of this is just annoying but it will be a problem because it really makes me just want to explain to him that I don't argue with him because I am not going to argue with a person who gets his info from Memes and the shit he says is too dumb and ill-informed to ever try and argue with. You want to vote for Jill Stein, do it. Don't try and convince me its the right thing to do.

Imma lose friends when I tell them they should stop trying to convince me because I don't respect their opinion.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"