Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy wife thinks the kids should have a harder life.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13464266&mesg_id=13464346
13464346, my wife thinks the kids should have a harder life.
Posted by tariqhu, Wed Jul-13-22 10:57 PM
my daughter started working a new job and is taking public transportation to get there. I've agreed to pick her up since she's gets off at 9pm or later.

the other night, as I was getting my wife from the airport, my mom went to get our daughter. during the ride home, wife complains about the daughter relying on us and the grandmas to get her around.

do you really want your 18 yr old, no street life, child on MARTA at night to help her mature. that's not how that works.

we've had this talk before. its seems specifically about our daughter. maybe because she's older (my son is 13). wife wants the daughter to experience some portions of life as she did.

I keep explaining that isn't a good idea and the circumstances are different. so it's really not even possible. both my wife and I had only our mothers to rely on for whatever. daughter has both of us and the grandmas. why wouldn't she come to each of us to make some things happen?