Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13462089

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 10:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

ZZZ

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
first bout with covid happening now.
Jun 08th 2022
I hope you feel better soon
Jun 08th 2022
      preciate it
Jun 08th 2022
A friend of mine for 23 years is going through it
Jun 08th 2022
An EF1 tornado hit my moms neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning ...
Jun 08th 2022
Am I bugging or are these parents overreacting
Jun 09th 2022
I don't feel their overreacting.
Jun 09th 2022
*they're
Jun 09th 2022
That wasn’t a “scooch”. That was a kick.
Jun 09th 2022
      I don't think they deserve criminal charges.
Jun 09th 2022
           Cool, I hope a court decides that
Jun 09th 2022
taking a week off
Jun 09th 2022
Did Instagram co-opt the search bar...
Jun 09th 2022

tariqhu
Charter member
17893 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 02:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "first bout with covid happening now."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened before now because my wife's job isn't wfh and both kids have been in school.

fortunately, it doesn't seem to be a big deal. hopefully this is how it goes for me. breathing is good. a bit of coughing, along with a sore throat and runny nose. it's all subsiding right now.

hard part is isolating from 3 others in my house.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 08:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I hope you feel better soon"
In response to Reply # 1

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

tariqhu
Charter member
17893 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 10:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "preciate it"
In response to Reply # 4

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 04:20 PM

2. "A friend of mine for 23 years is going through it"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-08-22 04:24 PM by MEAT

Because her husband just lied in secret for lord knows how long. But at least ten years. And now his body is turning on him. I feel for both of them. Definitely for my friend, but dude has been fighting a monster. It's wild.

I'm so so very grateful that I entered my marriage and everything before that with honesty, because that's not fully who I was before.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed Jun-08-22 08:41 PM

3. "An EF1 tornado hit my moms neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning ..."
In response to Reply # 0

last night. THEE neighborhood I grew up in!! I have been in that other CW post talking about the poop situation here at my house, but now that I have talked to everybody and the power is back on over there in KC I am like ... "damn, a real tornado hit my mama's house!!"

After the Amazon warehouse situation here in December and now the situation in KC I am starting to ACTUALLY be scare of tornadoes. I think we talked in that Amazon post about how living in the Midwest you can become desensitized to it. I have been, but I am getting scared now.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 05:59 AM

6. "Am I bugging or are these parents overreacting "
In response to Reply # 0

http://opr.news/46547661220608en_us?link=1&client=news

I am not exactly sure what I am seeing on the footage they keep showing. Yeah it looks like a teacher inappropriately used her leg to scooch a kid back on the mat, but I don't know if I witnessed something criminal.

I do know this is in GA and their are tons of racist comments in the comments.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

tariqhu
Charter member
17893 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 09:40 AM

7. "I don't feel their overreacting."
In response to Reply # 6

you don't send your child somewhere to get stepped on or catch knees to the back by the caretakers. so when it happens, you might get a little dramatic about it.

overreacting would've been trying to fight the daycare folks.

tariqhu
Charter member
17893 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 10:45 AM

8. "*they're"
In response to Reply # 7

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44846 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 12:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "That wasn’t a “scooch”. That was a kick."
In response to Reply # 6

Stepped on the first kid’s hand right before, and then the other teacher was yelling right in the kids face.

No, they’re not overreacting or being overly dramatic.

That was a kick, not a “scooch”. For starters, there was nowhere to “scooch” to. It was a kick in the back. And no, she doesn’t to do a full wind up and punt the kid halfway across the room for it to qualify as a kick.

The standard shouldn’t be “criminal” either.

None of that was ok, or even in a gray area.

That kick looks mad comfortable and passive aggressive, like the sort of shit someone does when they want to do something for real, know they can’t, and wan’t plausible deniability.

“Oh really, oh I’m so sorry, I was super busy texting in my phone and had no idea!”

FOH. They knew exactly what they were doing and got caught.

And yes, I have low tolerance for any of that sort of fuckshit. If you don’t have the temperament to work with children day in and day out, you shouldn’t be working with kids.

I doubt there’s much of a criminal punishment here, but they should lose their damn license.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 02:22 PM

10. "I don't think they deserve criminal charges. "
In response to Reply # 9

I think they were a bit rough but I don't think it amounts to "child cruelty".

I gathered from what was going on they wanted all kids on the mat. Doesn't mean its appropriate to step on hand or use your foot to get them on the mat. I don't know how its clear to you they were yelling in the kids face, there was no audio.

If they lose there jobs over it, so be it. I think arresting them is doing to much.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44846 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 02:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "Cool, I hope a court decides that"
In response to Reply # 10
Thu Jun-09-22 02:55 PM by Cold Truth

>I think they were a bit rough but I don't think it amounts to
>"child cruelty".

I think there's a great chance that this is not an isolated incident, but I could be wrong.

>I gathered from what was going on they wanted all kids on the
>mat.

That doesn't matter in the slightest. It's a complete non-factor. The goal doesn't change the act. It matters so little, it doesn't even warrant being said.

>I don't know how its clear to you
>they were yelling in the kids face, there was no audio.

It clearly shows her saying something. Perhaps "yelling" is an assumption to far, but her mannerisms/body language don't appear all that friendly. Further, we're not so far out of the woods from COVID that anyone needs to be in anyone's face like that, and there's no reason for a teacher to get in a child's face like that even without it.

>If they lose there jobs over it, s be it.

They did. I re-read the article, and they've been dismissed.

GOOD. It was well earned.

I think arresting
>them is doing to much.

The only people involved in this that get the benefit of the doubt from me, are the parents. I assume they saw- and heard, potentially- enough to take this as far as they have so far.

I get that everything isn't as it appears. But that kick was clear as day, not at all a "scooch", and they need another job in another field.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 03:01 PM

12. "taking a week off"
In response to Reply # 0

not traveling anywhere but family is visiting. i feel weird and guilty taking the time. boss was cool with it but im still a bit anxious.

i think part of it is because a vendor had previously mentioned he was going to visit but he didnt send an email or anything and i forgot. i am going to try to meet with him.

hopefully were not sick of each other by the time the week is up lol

we are thinking of driving out to carlsbad caverns and maybe spending the night somewhere out there to shorten the drive some for them on their return. i am thinking maybe doing carlsbad then going down to marfa could be cool but i feel like when were done with carlsbad well say nah lol

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28846 posts
Thu Jun-09-22 09:43 PM

13. "Did Instagram co-opt the search bar..."
In response to Reply # 0

.... For black history month the same way they're doing for pride month? Where's the opt out button at?

So this old white man walks up to me and tried to hug me while crying and saying black lives matter.

I'm damn sure not one of these democratic symbolism matters ambulance mascot for every cause except mine wanna be seen shills. I gave him the same stiff arm Jonathan Stewart used to retire Ronde Barber.

This crypto legislation could neuter a good half the market.... in 2011. Too late to stop it now. Trump an nem wouldnt care.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

Lobby General Discussion topic #13462089 Previous topic | Next topic