Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13460247

Subject: "Did you old mf's know The Arsenio Show is back?" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14012 posts
Wed May-11-22 08:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Did you old mf's know The Arsenio Show is back?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQAA6jPxyw

featuring Snoop Dogg, Quinta Brunson, Katt Williams and Chinedu Unaku

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah - they shot last week in LA
May 11th 2022
again?
May 11th 2022
Clips of Neil Brennan and Katt WIlliams have been in my IG feed.
May 11th 2022
RE: Did you old mf's know The Arsenio Show is back?
May 12th 2022
wait.. because Will met someone back stage he was supposed to
May 12th 2022
RE: wait.. because Will met someone back stage he was supposed to
May 12th 2022
Solid points
May 12th 2022
He’s still a great interviewer but the cussing felt off
May 12th 2022
felt the same about the cussing
May 13th 2022

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43735 posts
Wed May-11-22 08:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yeah - they shot last week in LA"
In response to Reply # 0

During the Netflix festival.

All for the Youtube channel. Which is cool! Can't wait to check these out.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

rdhull
Charter member
33126 posts
Wed May-11-22 08:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "again?"
In response to Reply # 0

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Wed May-11-22 11:25 PM

3. "Clips of Neil Brennan and Katt WIlliams have been in my IG feed."
In response to Reply # 0

Arsenio was my Friday night "Stay up as late as you want to" treat back in the day. Then, of course, my body trained itself to blackout right after it went off because that meant staying up an extra 4 hours past normal bedtime.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

reaction
Member since Aug 09th 2019
315 posts
Thu May-12-22 10:11 AM

4. "RE: Did you old mf's know The Arsenio Show is back?"
In response to Reply # 0

Great to see him back. I was disappointed in the hip hop artist community that there wasn't huge support for his last revamp in 2013. I think the original Arsenio show had an immeasurable impact on solidifying hip hop into the mainstream so I think it would have been nice if every huge artist went on the reboot. I remember Nas and Ice Cube and Snoop and Prince etc. coming on but I recall it still feeling like there wasn't enough of a groundswell of support equal to what Arsenio showed for hip hop.

In particular I remember that Will Smith never came on, I think Jada did, but never Will and if there is one person who helped Will the most in his career it would probably be Arsenio. DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince performed on there and Will was on a lot by himself. And then it was backstage at Arsenio where Will met Benny Medina which got him the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. After all that I just always felt bad for Arsenio that Will wasn't a regular guest on the 2013 reboot. He didn't consistently get big guests so he ended up being cancelled again after the Jay Leno debacle. Anyways I have no idea of the behind the scenes stuff, maybe Will and Arsenio had a falling out, from the outside the situation just always bothered me.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79503 posts
Thu May-12-22 10:20 AM

5. "wait.. because Will met someone back stage he was supposed to "
In response to Reply # 4

play himself out by going on every season?

and I think Arsenio had a nice run but I also remember some rap artist beefin with him over not being invited or being invited and clowned. Didn’t De Le have a lyric about Arsenio throwing shade?

Show was dope but some things don’t last

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

reaction
Member since Aug 09th 2019
315 posts
Thu May-12-22 10:49 AM

6. "RE: wait.. because Will met someone back stage he was supposed to "
In response to Reply # 5

>play himself out by going on every season?

I'm just big on loyalty and to me it came off disrespectful.

>and I think Arsenio had a nice run but I also remember some
>rap artist beefin with him over not being invited or being
>invited and clowned. Didn’t De Le have a lyric about Arsenio
>throwing shade?

Yeah, De La were mad because Arsenio played the credits over them rapping I think. My favourite Arsenio lyric was KRS "Hear me yo, I'm four times on Arsenio, got ten videos, but does that help me flow? No."

>Show was dope but some things don’t last

Not if they don't get supported.

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14012 posts
Thu May-12-22 08:32 PM

7. "Solid points"
In response to Reply # 4

I agree that it would've been great to see all those artists, male and female, support him more.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Thu May-12-22 10:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "He’s still a great interviewer but the cussing felt off"
In response to Reply # 0

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQAA6jPxyw
>
>featuring Snoop Dogg, Quinta Brunson, Katt Williams and
>Chinedu Unaku

I’m sure he curses off camera all the time, but I’m used to seeing him rock clean/network comedy, so it’s jarring to hear him go full Eddie Murphy Raw. I guess it would have helped if the jokes were landing, but they weren’t.

Still my favorite interviewer of anyone who does late night. Conan is second (and underrated), mainly because I think he does the best job of launching mid interview zingers and getting right back to the questions

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

tariqhu
Charter member
17878 posts
Fri May-13-22 09:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "felt the same about the cussing"
In response to Reply # 8

just didn't feel right.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Lobby General Discussion topic #13460247 Previous topic | Next topic