Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12939301

Subject: "What would you do if you were happy all the time?" Previous topic | Next topic
lightworks
Member since Feb 17th 2006
5818 posts
Sat Dec-05-15 03:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What would you do if you were happy all the time?"
Sat Dec-05-15 03:11 PM by lightworks

How much could you achieve?

What would you want to achieve?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
that's a strange question because if the happiness doesn't
Dec 05th 2015
maybe they were going for the "what would you do if you couldnt fail?"..
Dec 05th 2015
      I don't think lightworks was going for the "can't ever fail" angle, I th...
Dec 07th 2015
I'd become contagious and spread
Dec 06th 2015
Funny, being not happy is the biggest motivator for me.
Dec 07th 2015
d**g free
Dec 07th 2015

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13981 posts
Sat Dec-05-15 03:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "that's a strange question because if the happiness doesn't "
In response to Reply # 0

"react" to results, then what exactly is it doing?

ex: I'm going for a job interview all happy. But I don't get the job - still happy. Go for more job interviews - still happy. Still don't get those jobs either - still happy.

So what is my state of happiness actually doing for me if I'm not getting the jobs I'm going to the interviews for?

Robert
Charter member
4117 posts
Sat Dec-05-15 04:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "maybe they were going for the "what would you do if you couldnt fail?".."
In response to Reply # 1
Sat Dec-05-15 04:55 PM by Robert

..thing. and messed it all up in the translation (which always makes me think of Raw--"and then he said 'goony googoo'...and he had a gi joe stuck up his ass.." *overenthusiastic headnod/smile*)

but to answer the original question--nothing different. why risk fucking up the achieved happiness?

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13981 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 04:17 PM

4. "I don't think lightworks was going for the "can't ever fail" angle, I th..."
In response to Reply # 2

lightworks was talking about the "motivating" aspects of a "happy" attitude.

I realize some could look at my job search hypothetical scenario's and say: "that job searcher's happiness is keeping him or her continuing to search for jobs in the face of repeated failure." so I wanted to come back and say, yeah that's a good quality of always being happy - to be never discouraged/always comeback no matter how many fails - but I was getting at if the person is always happy, then he or she isn't being perceptive about why he or she keeps not getting the jobs he or she is going for.

So I wanted to clarify that, yes happy all the time would make a person too ignorant of why things may be going wrong. However on the other hand, too upset about things going wrong could discourage a person and make a person quit too soon.

So there should be a mid-point where a person can be a good amount of encouraged, a good amount of perceptive about things that should be changed/improved/worked on/and very little discouraged when things need to be improved/worked on/corrected.

Lil Rabies
Member since Oct 12th 2005
1586 posts
Sun Dec-06-15 08:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I'd become contagious and spread"
In response to Reply # 0

And kill with kindness

Taking shots in the dark/that's a bad call
Going straight for your head/ gotta saw it off

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49491 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 05:06 PM

5. "Funny, being not happy is the biggest motivator for me. "
In response to Reply # 0

When things are good, I am less motivated and slip. It's when my back is to the wall I do my best work.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 05:07 PM

6. "d**g free"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-07-15 05:08 PM by Big Kuntry

Lobby General Discussion topic #12939301 Previous topic | Next topic