Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't think lightworks was going for the "can't ever fail" angle, I think
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12939301&mesg_id=12940155
12940155, I don't think lightworks was going for the "can't ever fail" angle, I think
Posted by c71, Mon Dec-07-15 04:17 PM
lightworks was talking about the "motivating" aspects of a "happy" attitude.

I realize some could look at my job search hypothetical scenario's and say: "that job searcher's happiness is keeping him or her continuing to search for jobs in the face of repeated failure." so I wanted to come back and say, yeah that's a good quality of always being happy - to be never discouraged/always comeback no matter how many fails - but I was getting at if the person is always happy, then he or she isn't being perceptive about why he or she keeps not getting the jobs he or she is going for.

So I wanted to clarify that, yes happy all the time would make a person too ignorant of why things may be going wrong. However on the other hand, too upset about things going wrong could discourage a person and make a person quit too soon.

So there should be a mid-point where a person can be a good amount of encouraged, a good amount of perceptive about things that should be changed/improved/worked on/and very little discouraged when things need to be improved/worked on/corrected.