Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12754111

Subject: "This useless ass work trip to Mexico, part II" Previous topic | Next topic
Very-Effortless
Member since May 07th 2011
7452 posts
Tue Mar-17-15 12:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"This useless ass work trip to Mexico, part II"
Tue Mar-17-15 01:11 PM by Very-Effortless

Part I: http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12752748&mesg_id=12752748&page=2

Part II:

So this morning I wake up to an email from one of the two people I'm supposed to meet with. They re-orged his dept and he's no longer on the project. Passes me off to someone who knows nothing but I'm thinking "that's okay because Maria l will be in the meeting."

Get to their offices and someone forgets to put a wet floor sign down outside the elevator. I get off the elevator and take a huge fall. Oh, and my work cell phone was in my hand that broke the fall... So there goes international data and phone calls. and then the maria comes down for 5 seconds: "oh, I'm sorry... I have too many meetings today. I can't meet with you"

Heiffa- meet with those other people later. I had to get a fucking passport stamp for this meeting and you're begging off. Mind you, I scheduled this meeting OVER A MONTH AGO! Why the fuck were you double booking around it any damn ways.

So I meet for 20 minutes with a guy who knows nothing because Maria hasn't told him shit and his predecessor didn't show him shit and I can't even show him anything cause my work laptop bit the dust in Dallas. we head to the event facility only to find out the chick who works HERE didn't show up for work today (she also has known about the meeting for a month) and no one else speaks enough English to help us.

Long story short, I have been here for 2.5 days and accomplished not a damn thing except breaking my cell phone.

And my flight leaves in 4 hours and I'm an for from the airport so I have to leave soon.

I'm so pissed. I would have much rather gone back to NYC after Dallas than come to Mexico City and have my time wasted for two days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I dont miss that life
Mar 17th 2015
Next project work with Germans.
Mar 17th 2015
At least Germans are efficient as hell.
Mar 17th 2015
      And their culture cares about punctuality.
Mar 17th 2015

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Tue Mar-17-15 01:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I dont miss that life"
In response to Reply # 0

Way back in the stone age I was an internal auditor for one of the big 3.

Flying to west bumfuck iowa just to get brushed off...TUH

At least you got some sun and warm weather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6VnExhelQ

Presenting Collective Peace.

https://www.facebook.com/CollectivePeace

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22247 posts
Tue Mar-17-15 01:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Next project work with Germans. "
In response to Reply # 0

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Very-Effortless
Member since May 07th 2011
7452 posts
Tue Mar-17-15 01:09 PM

3. "At least Germans are efficient as hell."
In response to Reply # 2

I bet they don't skip their meetings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22247 posts
Tue Mar-17-15 01:12 PM

4. "And their culture cares about punctuality. "
In response to Reply # 3

I've heard horror stories since school about the Mexican/South American professional culture (not ethic). How different it is. I don't think I could hack it.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Lobby General Discussion topic #12754111 Previous topic | Next topic