Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12752949

Subject: "just gave notice" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 01:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"just gave notice"

was stressing hard over this... leaving a chaotic untennable but heart in the right place sitch.... movin on back to the ladder about the same or one rung higher than my last trip down a snake...

yep that about sums up professional life... snakes and ladders.

now spin or roll dice

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Hope it works out wonderfully.
Mar 16th 2015
thanks! me too!
Mar 16th 2015
giving notice is one of the best feelings ever.
Mar 16th 2015
YES!!! I gave my two weeks to the shop I was working at...
Mar 16th 2015
lol that makes it even better...when they desperately wanna keep you
Mar 16th 2015
not when your bailing on something you believe in
Mar 16th 2015
      I can't relate. Unless maybe you a surgeon leaving mid surgery or a teac...
Mar 16th 2015
           It's a non-profit that provides service to folks with life threatening d...
Mar 16th 2015
                damn, that's tough man...I'm sorry...
Mar 16th 2015
                got you then...that's understandable.
Mar 16th 2015
you know what I did....
Mar 16th 2015
YO...
Mar 16th 2015
Congrats!
Mar 16th 2015

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 01:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Hope it works out wonderfully."
In response to Reply # 0

I was stressed when I left my job because I didn't have one lined up. But it's working out.

Any time you can leave a place that's hurting more than helping you, it's a good thing.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 02:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "thanks! me too!"
In response to Reply # 1

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59114 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 02:11 PM

2. "giving notice is one of the best feelings ever."
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 02:16 PM

3. "YES!!! I gave my two weeks to the shop I was working at..."
In response to Reply # 2

dude went into panic mode trying to keep me. I had to tell him him best attempt at money...still wasn't in the same galaxy and when you added benefits and perks...not to even waste his time. I worked my last two weeks like a soldier, even though I wanted to stay home and lamp. They were scramblin trying to find a replacement. Shit felt so great.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Cenario
59114 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 02:21 PM

6. "lol that makes it even better...when they desperately wanna keep you"
In response to Reply # 3

Shoulda shown all that appreciation before. I was with my company for 13 years and they stopped giving raises around 07. In 08 they laid off about 10% of the staff and the cut everyone's salary by 15%. They slowly gave it back in the years that followed and i was able to get a slight increase from my original salary with a promotion.

When i told them dudes i was out, the owner said i could have any position I wanted and to name my salary and he would give it to me. I was like nah, i'm good. Dude was dumbfounded. They laid off more staff and went through a complete overhaul 6 months later.

I was like i'm a good employee but i wasn't that good to be writing my own ticket. It was obvious them dudes was cooked.

That 1.5 weeks notice was the best 10 days of my life though.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 02:18 PM

4. "not when your bailing on something you believe in"
In response to Reply # 2

I got obligations that are too large for me to do anything for peanuts though...

It went better than I thought but it didn't feel good leading up to it... you know like I was going to be really letting somebody down.

Cenario
59114 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 02:23 PM

7. "I can't relate. Unless maybe you a surgeon leaving mid surgery or a teac..."
In response to Reply # 4

in the middle of the year.

If you invested in your job like that, i mean kudos. But are they invested in you like that? If not, i would not gaf.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 03:57 PM

8. "It's a non-profit that provides service to folks with life threatening d..."
In response to Reply # 7

specifically HIV, Cancer and ALS.

Straight up they need me but they cannot pay me enough to survive or even come close to making my ends meet.

Dstl1
Charter member
56159 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 04:03 PM

9. "damn, that's tough man...I'm sorry..."
In response to Reply # 8

in my scenario above, I was doing double duty (technician and service writer) never demanded a raise, never complained and took a lot of bullshit from the worthless shop manager that I didn't have to...all in the name of being a team player. One day, I just decided to stop selling myself short and put out some resumes. Got scooped up almost immediately. They were in a state of shock when I peaced out. It was so fuckin delicious.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Cenario
59114 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 04:24 PM

10. "got you then...that's understandable."
In response to Reply # 8

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 06:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "you know what I did...."
In response to Reply # 0

I quit my underpaying job
(I used to love it so pay didn't matter)
for a job that paid a lot more
(my worth)
and ended up quitting that one too

don't be like me lol
the grass isn't always greener....

I'm OK with both decision - as I'm using this time to figure out where I want to be.

#faithful

morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 06:48 PM

12. "YO..."
In response to Reply # 0

unknot that noose, brother.
use it to anchor yourself to something better.

jesustrauss
Member since Jul 20th 2006
1839 posts
Mon Mar-16-15 08:29 PM

13. "Congrats!"
In response to Reply # 0

I walked away from my j.o.b. a few months ago, and it's been roses since.

someone else on these boards also recently gave notice and it's gonna be fresh for them (but i don't think the boards know, so i'll keep it quiet for now).

Good luck with errything!

Lobby General Discussion topic #12752949 Previous topic | Next topic