- Watching the Dumpster fire that is this Season's Washington Professional Football Team has been a strange experience. In the past i'd be so angry, and take their loses with me. Now i'm so removed have so much better shit in my life that sports has taken its proper place. Still a dumpster fire though.
- Sleep is a precious thing, and should not be given away lightly.
- I have a 3 year old, and 1 year old. The differences in their developmental stages always seems to blow me away. I try to compare the two, like was Max doing what Harrison's doing at that age? Then I remember that I was so exhausted that I have no real clue. Those two are incredible to me, I take my role as a father very seriously and don't like for a lot to infringe on that. I don't know if I take it more seriously than anyone else, I just know that this is my idea of what fatherhood is.
- I have tried to curb my frustrations with my 3 year old as of late. He's such a bright kid, so curious, and very headstrong. I don't want to just be yelling at him all the time. Have to find some sort of positive in there even when he's not listening and trying not to eat his dinner. He's hilarious even when he's fucking up though. He's very loving, even after I warm that behind up, he tells me he loves me, and that he just doesn't want me to "tear his butt up" I can't describe how much I love that kid. I look at him and smile often, sometimes I look at he and his brother and I shed a tear because I didn't imagine that I'd get the opportunity to raise a young man, let alone 2 of them. The two of them make me so incredibly happy. They're both very headstrong and bright, and bad I love them. Just this feeling when they're this age is unmatched for me.
- This leads me to my next bit of thinking, they are black and white, and children of a detective. With all the recent shit going on, there have been some very interesting and tense conversations in the crib lately. I'm proud of them though, my wife hasn't shied away from the conversations. This places me in these weird places though. I know some officers on a very intimate level. I've seen some of them at their worst, their lowest, and others at their best. Some on the job, some off. So i know that not everyone is a bad person. I also know that sometimes good people make bad decisions. Just a very weird headspace to be in. Especially when i know that there are some who are the single worst people to run into when it comes to potentially violent confrontations. We've talked about when we'll have to explain to our sons how the world will view them and how some will treat them. She wants to wait until their teenagers, I told her that's WAY too late.
- As close to some of them as I am I just don't understand how they allow situations to get to the point of killing us. I say us, because without her, they'd view me the same way. Shit is crazy.
- Still working on two podcasts, some of ya'll know it some of ya'll don't, some of ya'll don't care. That's all good. The horror one is in the midst of a change, I love it i'll never leave her, but i also know the audience for such a show is only so big. The thing about it is that folks in the industry have started to notice, so some of the things we say are being taken a bit more seriously than we thought. Some ways its great because we know that what we say has some impact. In other ways it can be a tad scary to know an exec who works on Sleepy hollow got pissed off because he heard we dogged their transitions into new story lines this season. The folks on Grimm pay attention, its nice to know. It also means we should probably put a bit more effort into crafting real critiques not just shots at shitty portions of the show. The sitcom one has promise we just have to find ways to keep doing more interesting stuff and possibly getting some folks on for interviews.
- Side hustle is starting to pick up a bit. Fried a few turkey's for Thanksgiving, and doing a wedding on Saturday. The weekend looked so open until this one came through. Who knows it might work out to be something great going forward.
- i've never been huge on Christmas, but I love buying gifts for my kids, not anyone else mind you, just my kids and getting stuff for my wife. All that other shit ain't happening. My cone has narrowed so much over the years.
- That Peppermint mocha from starbucks doe! Got damn, i don't even drink coffee like that but that shit is incredible.
I know this shit is long and don't none of ya'll know me anymore so I figured i'd just stop here.
6. "This House shit is exhausting. " In response to Reply # 0
I know you and I chatted about it the other day but damn.
I got off work yesterday, went right to the apartment to continue clearing it out. Who knew I could accumulate so much shit in a 1br? I had to make two trips.
I'll be doing the same thing tonight, but honestly I'm throwing a lot of stuff in the dumpster. Fuck all dat. The only essential stuff left in my place is my exercise ball, my ironing board a floor lamp and two dusty ass fake plants that I need to take with me.
I have boxes of clothes that I was going to donate, but I'll be honest, I'm so tired, I doubt I'll make it to a clothes drop. I'll try to take one box with me and still donate those. The rest are dumpster fodder.
I just need to be comatose for like 48 hours man. ______________________________________________________________________________
"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..." -unknown
8. "I remember that feeling" In response to Reply # 6
Its one of the worst feelings you'll have with a house. Particularly because you're not exactly moving to set things up at the house yet.
After you've gotten through the Canary then you can move on to getting settled.
Man I know we had BAGS of clothes to donate that we just ended up keeping at the new crib for like a full 3 months before we got the energy to finally drop them off. That goodwill in Rockville made things a lot easier too. instead of trying to go to a box you can jsut drop good clothes off.
I would offer my services this weekend, but i'm cooking for that wedding all day saturday.
When I moved I didn't donate a thing. I had a pick and pack party a few days every week leading up to my move. You come over with a bag, you can take things. That's how I got rid of a lot of stuff. Like a lot. Eventually it was whittled down and enough to just toss in the trash.
7. "well tv and movie execs have always listened to what we've" In response to Reply # 0
said on the show...
you know that. It's just the fact that they've focused on specific people who'd popped up on the show and had issues good and bad with what said podcaster said etc.
yea we do need to watch what we said. You're getting feedback from Grimm and Sleepy Hollow; you already know I've gotten comments from folk at HANNIBAL and started getting "hi, how are you" tweets from iZombie (not even on air yet) and Stalker...
so, it's great that people are FINALLY taking notice. OF COURSE...this leads to next steps and the reality that folk aren't on the same page with what those steps are...
but a lot is going on these days....we are in some really strange times...
11. "RE: Its a strange place to be in" In response to Reply # 9
>For the longest time we sort of just figured we were talking >into the void, then we'd tweet and get responses, but we >figured they were just tweeting and not actively listening, >but that's changing.
>I don't want to move too far away from what we do as I think >that's why folks are listening in the first place but we've >definitely got to get more concerted about how we do shit.
true...but you and I have addressed this countless times that folk need to get concerted about it but aren't....you and I know that things only come together when folk get it together.
that can happen but you know that's work and people aren't always willing to put it in but still expect to ride nonetheless....
>I'll have to actually take time to do real editing, record >promos and place them inside the show, shit like that. > >We should definitely get back to working those folks that have >tapped our lines and keep that rapport going. > >I know its exhausting but I feel like its still worth it.
12. "RE: i just started listening to the podcast, started with the anabelle o..." In response to Reply # 10
>you all made me want to watch it, well when it hits netflix >or hbo etc. > >but i was glad based off that podcast that i didn't pay to see >it. > >i didn't know that you all touch on grimm so i'm going to have >to start paying more attention and listening! > >
we touch on a lot of shows:
GRIMM HANNIBAL STALKER THE WALKING DEAD SLEEPY HOLLOW PENNY DREADFUL AMERICAN HORROR STORY
etc. we try to keep up with everything that's horror on tv and film...
it's also pretty difficult when so much comes out and MOST OF IT isn't decent at all....
but do check out the other entries in the podcast and let us know what you think!!!!!
18. "Hey! And my random shit " In response to Reply # 0
-I really love living in the new spot. The new space feels amazing but, it feels...a little on the lonely side. Like the old spot was a studio and felt a bit more homely to me. Maybe I need to give it time.
-Me and my ex recently called it quits. After breaking up he holla'ed, my line is always open to you. I thought, nigga for what? Not to be a douche but, I really don't need you in my life like that now that you don't serve a purpose. He recently hit me up a few times. Once to say Happy Thanksgiving, another to check & see how my thanksgiving was(LOL) and Sunday during the Ravens game to shit talk. I'm just like look dude, you wanted to be out...be out. I think the next time he texts me I'mma ask point blank, "what do want?" I mean because this is definitely his doing.
-Watching my BFF's baby grow up is trippy. She's so advanced. Like whole conversations and all. On some ole, how was your day? How are you doing and then waiting for an answer.
-I sometimes just don't want to be bothered with people and have taken to retreating inward. I'm my own best company right? LOL