Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectReturn to Random
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12671370&mesg_id=12671370
12671370, Return to Random
Posted by Dae021, Wed Dec-10-14 12:20 PM
- Watching the Dumpster fire that is this Season's Washington Professional Football Team has been a strange experience. In the past i'd be so angry, and take their loses with me. Now i'm so removed have so much better shit in my life that sports has taken its proper place. Still a dumpster fire though.

- Sleep is a precious thing, and should not be given away lightly.

- I have a 3 year old, and 1 year old. The differences in their developmental stages always seems to blow me away. I try to compare the two, like was Max doing what Harrison's doing at that age? Then I remember that I was so exhausted that I have no real clue. Those two are incredible to me, I take my role as a father very seriously and don't like for a lot to infringe on that. I don't know if I take it more seriously than anyone else, I just know that this is my idea of what fatherhood is.

- I have tried to curb my frustrations with my 3 year old as of late. He's such a bright kid, so curious, and very headstrong. I don't want to just be yelling at him all the time. Have to find some sort of positive in there even when he's not listening and trying not to eat his dinner. He's hilarious even when he's fucking up though. He's very loving, even after I warm that behind up, he tells me he loves me, and that he just doesn't want me to "tear his butt up" I can't describe how much I love that kid. I look at him and smile often, sometimes I look at he and his brother and I shed a tear because I didn't imagine that I'd get the opportunity to raise a young man, let alone 2 of them. The two of them make me so incredibly happy. They're both very headstrong and bright, and bad I love them. Just this feeling when they're this age is unmatched for me.

- This leads me to my next bit of thinking, they are black and white, and children of a detective. With all the recent shit going on, there have been some very interesting and tense conversations in the crib lately. I'm proud of them though, my wife hasn't shied away from the conversations. This places me in these weird places though. I know some officers on a very intimate level. I've seen some of them at their worst, their lowest, and others at their best. Some on the job, some off. So i know that not everyone is a bad person. I also know that sometimes good people make bad decisions. Just a very weird headspace to be in. Especially when i know that there are some who are the single worst people to run into when it comes to potentially violent confrontations. We've talked about when we'll have to explain to our sons how the world will view them and how some will treat them. She wants to wait until their teenagers, I told her that's WAY too late.

- As close to some of them as I am I just don't understand how they allow situations to get to the point of killing us. I say us, because without her, they'd view me the same way. Shit is crazy.

- Still working on two podcasts, some of ya'll know it some of ya'll don't, some of ya'll don't care. That's all good. The horror one is in the midst of a change, I love it i'll never leave her, but i also know the audience for such a show is only so big. The thing about it is that folks in the industry have started to notice, so some of the things we say are being taken a bit more seriously than we thought. Some ways its great because we know that what we say has some impact. In other ways it can be a tad scary to know an exec who works on Sleepy hollow got pissed off because he heard we dogged their transitions into new story lines this season. The folks on Grimm pay attention, its nice to know. It also means we should probably put a bit more effort into crafting real critiques not just shots at shitty portions of the show. The sitcom one has promise we just have to find ways to keep doing more interesting stuff and possibly getting some folks on for interviews.

- Side hustle is starting to pick up a bit. Fried a few turkey's for Thanksgiving, and doing a wedding on Saturday. The weekend looked so open until this one came through. Who knows it might work out to be something great going forward.

- i've never been huge on Christmas, but I love buying gifts for my kids, not anyone else mind you, just my kids and getting stuff for my wife. All that other shit ain't happening. My cone has narrowed so much over the years.

- That Peppermint mocha from starbucks doe! Got damn, i don't even drink coffee like that but that shit is incredible.

I know this shit is long and don't none of ya'll know me anymore so I figured i'd just stop here.