Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #177095

Subject: "An Open Letter To Mos Def" Previous topic | Next topic
aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Thu Jul-24-08 03:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"An Open Letter To Mos Def"

This has to be said. Yes, you are a musical mastermind, we know this. And yeah we know that you're not the average run-of-the-mill hip hop artist either. What we don't know is this: what's up with these performances?! I saw you at SpitKickers, I know what you can do live. But for some reason the last 3-4 times I've seen you on stage I've just been left...scratching my head.

Don't the blank stares bother you? That would probably haunt my dreams. You've had to notice, so are you trying to send us the message that connecting with the crowd is not a priority? So what is your goal? Do you want to experiment/try out new material? Because without that connection it comes off as if you don't care. And we refuse to believe that because we still care, a lot, actually! This is like a relationship where you have all the "hand" and you know it. You treat us however, leave us wanting more, and then when we beg for an encore (because you know we will) we get a quick "Umi Says" and you're gone just as fast as you came. Your set comes off as chaotic and convoluted and my thing is that if you have not one single bad album, how can you have (multiple) bad performances!?

I'm not saying that us die hard fans aren't interested in hearing/seeing the more experimental or new material, I just don't think Rock the Bells is an ideal setting. At a giant festival give us the bangers and the classics, it's only right!

I remember when I first got True Magic I recognized some of the songs from a live performance I'd just seen but I also remember being confused as hell at that performance! I (subsequently) love True Magic so I feel the audience can really appreciate a new song during a 5-6 song set, but any more than that and we're going to get antsy.

That's my piece. A new approach would be appreciated but in the end you're Mos Def and we're your loyal fans so do what you want

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def
Jul 24th 2008
love them both.
Jul 24th 2008
Jul 24th 2008
True Magic
Jul 25th 2008
RE: True Magic
Jul 25th 2008
Correction
Jul 25th 2008
uh...
Jul 25th 2008
RE: I loved New Danger
Jul 28th 2008
New danger was dope, true magic was 70% worthless shitty shit.
Aug 15th 2008
Jul 24th 2008
Jul 25th 2008
Jul 26th 2008
it's a festival
Jul 26th 2008
he doesn't care
Jul 27th 2008
      stay home...
Jul 31st 2008
I agree
Jul 26th 2008
he's going to do what he wants
Jul 27th 2008
i have heard this alot but
Jul 27th 2008
"and you're gone just as fast as you came" = aisha is horny!
Jul 28th 2008
Jul 28th 2008
Jul 28th 2008
Jul 28th 2008
who the fuck are you to call out mos def?
Jul 29th 2008
RE: who the fuck are you to call out mos def?
Jul 30th 2008
I'm that nigga
Jul 31st 2008
      WINNER:
Jul 31st 2008
           ^loser...
Aug 02nd 2008
                we're just trying to be like you
Aug 09th 2008
                     LOOOOL
Aug 09th 2008
                          http://tinyurl.com/5ecn6a
Aug 13th 2008
                               oh shit, not a treadmill! what a comeback!!!!!!!!
Aug 14th 2008
                               aight stan
Aug 15th 2008
                                    aight bitch
Aug 15th 2008
                                    natural mystic street team^
Aug 15th 2008
                                         im her man you stupid fucking retard.
Aug 15th 2008
                                              whats funny is hes tough typin in here
Aug 16th 2008
                                              your posts annoy me.
Aug 16th 2008
                                              then why are you clicking, replying and co-signing all my shit? link.
Aug 17th 2008
                                                   i agreed with the idea
Aug 20th 2008
                                              remember in elementary when a boy would hit a girl he liked?
Aug 17th 2008
                                                   basically. thats what the inboxes are telling me.
Aug 17th 2008
                                                        no one inboxed your fat ass...
Aug 20th 2008
                                              i feel sorry for you...
Aug 16th 2008
                                                   you're the pathetic piece of shit
Aug 17th 2008
                                                        hes tryinta save face. just let him look like a dumbass and let it go.
Aug 17th 2008
                                                        no one asked your bitch ass anything...
Aug 20th 2008
                                    lol you used 'stan' as an insult in Okay ARTIST of all places??!
Aug 22nd 2008
                                         I stay out of the lesson...
Aug 22nd 2008
                               by the way, much like life, and posting, you fail at jade typhooning.
Aug 17th 2008
                                    you're fat, ugly, and suck at life
Aug 21st 2008
Aug 03rd 2008
Just saw him at HOB in N.O.
Aug 07th 2008
Aug 08th 2008
Aug 08th 2008
Aug 08th 2008
           this made me laugh too...
Aug 08th 2008
Can't Be That Bad
Aug 08th 2008
Oh he's definitely off the chain
Aug 08th 2008
Aug 09th 2008
PS: stop wifing up these ditzy broads, and start using condoms
Aug 09th 2008
i love you raina.
Aug 16th 2008
most rap acts don't care about their fans
Aug 14th 2008
These are the worst kinds of posts
Aug 17th 2008
These are the worst type of responses
Aug 19th 2008
      RE: These are the worst type of responses
Aug 20th 2008

davepstein
Member since Jul 16th 2008
104 posts
Thu Jul-24-08 03:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 0

Correction. He has two bad albums (True Magic, New Danger).

But that letter is well-written and heartfelt. It would be interesting if you got a response.

David - http://playcrayon.blogspot.com

aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Thu Jul-24-08 04:09 PM

2. "love them both."
In response to Reply # 1

I'm a big fan although there is some of his music I don't like

CommonSense21
Member since Feb 18th 2008
62 posts
Thu Jul-24-08 10:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
4. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 1

>Correction. He has two bad albums (True Magic, New Danger).
>
>But that letter is well-written and heartfelt. It would be
>interesting if you got a response.
>
>David - http://playcrayon.blogspot.com

Are you joking? New Danger was a great album. Just because it had a different sound its bad? That album had about 10 really solid tracks and the only song I personally didn't care for was Zimzallabim. That was a really solid effort by Mos.

Pkjr703
Member since Jun 30th 2002
987 posts
Fri Jul-25-08 11:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "True Magic"
In response to Reply # 1

was dope (imo)

www.definitivedoodle.com

www.therootslive.com

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5289 posts
Fri Jul-25-08 11:40 AM

6. "RE: True Magic"
In response to Reply # 5

^^ TRUE STATEMENT ^^^^

New Danger was sick as well in my opinion at least 7 true bangers on that album. He does come across well at Rock the Bells, no one does in my opinion sound is jacked people late, they put Doom on the bill every year and he usually doesn't show. Mos shines by himself though saw him in richmond last year, and i can't wait for the Kennedy center shit, that will be sick nasty.

josephmurf2384
5289 posts
Fri Jul-25-08 12:32 PM

7. "Correction"
In response to Reply # 6

does not come across well is what i meant

Airbreed
Charter member
29433 posts
Fri Jul-25-08 04:33 PM

8. "uh..."
In response to Reply # 5
Fri Jul-25-08 04:34 PM by Airbreed

>was dope (imo)

that's a STRONG matter of opinion my nig.

and i'd hardly call it dope.

ya Setshego
Charter member
4259 posts
Mon Jul-28-08 07:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "RE: I loved New Danger"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon Jul-28-08 07:37 AM by ya Setshego

And he was great yesterday @ Rock the Bells. Came out in a cape & everything. Fitting, being that he's Mighty Mos an' all. Give the
Brothah some breathing room 4 Pete's Sake. As far as I'M concerned, he's picking up where Chuck Berry left off. And building on the work of Living Color. If y'all are giving him blank stares in the front, y'all a**es don't need 2 b UP in the front. Put me up there. I get where he's going artistically, and would have NO problems showing appreciation 4 it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oooo baby I like it raw. Oooo baby I like it RAAAW!(c)ODB- Shimmy Shimmy Ya

I am Nhate N8Backwards
Member since Jun 18th 2008
75 posts
Fri Aug-15-08 04:11 AM

44. "New danger was dope, true magic was 70% worthless shitty shit."
In response to Reply # 1

Give New Danger another listen... problem is it's like a body of work combined from three totally different sounding albums...

myspace.com/N8backwards

chicity
Member since Mar 08th 2007
230 posts
Thu Jul-24-08 05:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree to certain extent. i do feel that at Rock The Bells a more "banger" is suitable for the audience but especially the time slot. I was at the chicago RTB and i mean the set was great, simply b/c mos is a genius and one of my fav musicians ever. but at rtb i need to hear definition, do it now, math, sunshine, beef, those classics!!

i feel mos's strength in shows comes like the show at carnigie hall w/ gill. even thought i was not there, all i heard was rave remarks on the appeal of the show. that is where i feel mos excels! this guy cannot have a timeslot, mos is a dynamic unique artist that flurish's in a liberation of interaction with the music.

now i am simply a fan, just throwing my 2 sense in and no i do not know what mos should do, and mos u do whatever u feel like at RTB...

Cant wait for the new album!!

peace

ToddThaGod
Member since Jan 24th 2006
79 posts
Fri Jul-25-08 09:24 PM

9. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 3

new danger was a good album...but true magic was like if mos ate a quarter of mushrooms and was just liek fuck it

SFRISMORETHANANAME
Member since Jul 26th 2008
24 posts
Sat Jul-26-08 04:58 AM

10. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 9
Sat Jul-26-08 05:07 AM by SFRISMORETHANANAME

I saw Mos last year in NY during the Rock the Bells festival. Lets just say that he did not live up to what he is truly capable of. Sadly enough, I truly feel that b/c of his success in film, as well as the fact that he knows folks are gonna cop his album regardless of quality, his check is in the bank for the show already, and people will keep on coming to see him in hopes that maybe the Mos that goes out of his way to rock the party MIGHT show up, he will continue to do this. It was amazing how much of a better show Kweli put on, and how everyone was psyched about them regrouping on stage, yet how piss poor of a show he put on himself. We ain't pay good money to see you attempt to sing and refuse to perform joints that "THE PEOPLE LIKE"! That is why your able to perform, did you forget that!?

"If this nation cannot find a way to help the poor, then it cannot save the rich"

nicknice
Member since May 06th 2005
1132 posts
Sat Jul-26-08 09:04 AM

11. "it's a festival"
In response to Reply # 0

he has a time slot, and frankly any mos def show I've been to has run over the scheduled time...Check out the rock the bells dvd and see how chaotic and confusing the backstage area is, and then maybe you'll decide you shouldn't be so selfish. On top of all this you actually come off as someone who does give a shit, and may know a little bit about good music. So why would you frown upon someone hailed as a musical genius experimenting in front of a live audience. Maybe he learned his lesson on his "bad album" and now likes to try out the material before pressing it up? I personally think these kind of shows are dope, who's gonna remember the 30 times they heard umi says at a mos show? not me, I'd rather go and get a chance to see the "hendrix doing the national anthem" type mos def where you'll be blown away by something you never expected... Maybe the crowd was wack, a show like rock the bells, depending on who's billed will bring all sorts of heads which is another reason he may have tried out some new ish...
but seriously, try and see him again, see if it's billed as mos w/ dj or mos w/ band or whatever. When you see and hear my man rock some BBD poison and the whole joint freaks the fuck out...
tell me he's wack, i dare you.

Xbox Live gamertag: ILLPOOFLINGER

aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Sun Jul-27-08 01:00 AM

13. "he doesn't care"
In response to Reply # 11

and I'm not breaking my neck to go see him anymore when I know damn well he's gon pull this ish

I love live music but I haven't been going to concerts for like the last 4 years what with college and bills and whatnot so this has been going on for a long ass time now

nicknice
1132 posts
Thu Jul-31-08 11:25 AM

25. "stay home..."
In response to Reply # 13

WE DON'T WANT YOU THERE.

Troubled Spirits
Member since Nov 05th 2003
1934 posts
Sat Jul-26-08 10:27 AM

12. "I agree"
In response to Reply # 0

I dealt with this crap at two Rock The Bells performances last year, and I'm sure he'll have the same problem when I see him next week at Rock The Bells.

He doesn't even do songs half the time. Much of his set is like "Mos Def's iTunes playlist."

He's just leaving people confused, and bored ("hey, let's go get a beer before Nas comes on.")

Mos can do new songs, sure. But if he's not doing "Umi Says," "Ms. Fat Booty," "Definition," at these shows, he's not going to win the crowd over AT ALL.

(of course, this only applies to Mos Def shows without a band.)

http://adrianruhi.wordpress.com/

L.E.S.
Member since Oct 18th 2006
5070 posts
Sun Jul-27-08 11:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "he's going to do what he wants"
In response to Reply # 0

Mos always has and always will do the work that he wants to do when he wants to do it,
whether you like it or not. if you're a fan you should be open and give him liberty to express himself in whatever form he chooses. he's going to anyway.

lovelyone80
Member since Dec 15th 2004
50065 posts
Sun Jul-27-08 11:28 AM

15. "i have heard this alot but"
In response to Reply # 0

I have never seen this happen at a DC/MD show ever. his sets have always been dope, off the hook...really good. it sucks that some people get a little and some get a lot but I do know that in DC/MD his show was a lot different than the one I saw him do in NY. but they both were still better than what you have described.

Yadgyu
Member since May 31st 2006
8856 posts
Mon Jul-28-08 12:01 AM

16. ""and you're gone just as fast as you came" = aisha is horny!"
In response to Reply # 0

----
----
----
----
----

GET ON MY LEVEL!

06RSXTypeS
Member since Jul 28th 2008
3 posts
Mon Jul-28-08 09:32 PM

18. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 0

True Magic, while still better than 70% of hip-hop out there, was weak for Mos. As of right now Black on Both Sides is his best album. Hopefully he'll stop singing so much and get back to being an ill-ass emcee and spit some more fire like he did with "Close Edge"

Can't wait for The Ecstatic to drop

06RSXTypeS
Member since Jul 28th 2008
3 posts
Mon Jul-28-08 09:35 PM

19. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 18

ps. I can't wait to hear "History" which features Kweli and is produced by Dilla.

anyone know where I can download or listen to it??

alisha-world
Member since Jul 11th 2005
28 posts
Mon Jul-28-08 09:36 PM

20. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 0

LOL... I saw mos def, not that much but like 3 times maybe... And it was all good, and always better... One time in paris, where i come from. And two times here... With Carnegie hall.. It was one of my best show ever... The musicians, him... The dilla's tribute... Him speaking... Tribute to jay eletronica... doin de la soul's song..
HE is great when he experiments new stuff... U can't wait from an artist to always do the same when he does some new stuff and experiments... And say to one who does always the same since 10 years that he is boring and has to change...

Mos def is great on stage i think.. Better with a band for sure... Look like now he needs this band with him to shine.

http://www.loveonthebeat.net
http://twitter.com/alishaworld

msclman99
Charter member
1951 posts
Tue Jul-29-08 06:51 PM

21. "who the fuck are you to call out mos def?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jul-29-08 06:56 PM by msclman99

n/m!

and mos KILLED it at rock the bells in sf last year. I haven't seen him since.

--------------------------------Sig----------------------------------
"I told Chuck D that his mouth was his Uzi and his words of truth were his bullets." - Russell Simmons - An Open Letter to the Recording Industry

josephmurf2384
5289 posts
Wed Jul-30-08 10:46 AM

22. "RE: who the fuck are you to call out mos def?"
In response to Reply # 21

He was pretty week at rock the bells SF last year. His worst show i have seen, but he translates a hell of a lot better with a live band or Pharoahe Monch so i may have been spoiled the other times i have seen him.

aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Thu Jul-31-08 01:01 AM

23. "I'm that nigga"
In response to Reply # 21

that said the shit!

It's not like no one agrees with me. I'm just the one that wanted to know bad enough to speak the fuck up and ask.

All in all I'm just another fan. Who the fuck are you to say what I can and cannot comment on?

Natural Mystic
Charter member

24. "WINNER:"
In response to Reply # 23

>All in all I'm just another fan. Who the fuck are you to say
>what I can and cannot comment on?

nicknice
1132 posts
Sat Aug-02-08 01:30 PM

26. "^loser..."
In response to Reply # 24

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Sat Aug-09-08 07:06 PM

37. "we're just trying to be like you"
In response to Reply # 26

but we can't keep up

Natural Mystic
Charter member

38. "LOOOOL"
In response to Reply # 37

nicknice
1132 posts
Wed Aug-13-08 12:20 AM

39. "http://tinyurl.com/5ecn6a"
In response to Reply # 38

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Thu Aug-14-08 09:32 PM

41. "oh shit, not a treadmill! what a comeback!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 39
Thu Aug-14-08 09:33 PM by justin_scott

please come better than that youngster

nicknice
1132 posts
Fri Aug-15-08 01:03 AM

42. "aight stan"
In response to Reply # 41

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Fri Aug-15-08 01:06 AM

43. "aight bitch"
In response to Reply # 42

nicknice
1132 posts
Fri Aug-15-08 10:06 AM

45. "natural mystic street team^"
In response to Reply # 43

sad ass dick rider...

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Fri Aug-15-08 07:29 PM

46. "im her man you stupid fucking retard."
In response to Reply # 45
Fri Aug-15-08 07:48 PM by justin_scott

please reply so i can continue to make you look stupid (hell, you're doing a good job yourself).

it's funny how stupid you are. bitch.

Natural Mystic
Charter member

47. "whats funny is hes tough typin in here"
In response to Reply # 46

but bein all friendly in GD.
i dont understand this place sometimes.
lol.

nicknice
1132 posts
Sat Aug-16-08 07:55 PM

50. "your posts annoy me."
In response to Reply # 47

got any common vids?
n/m

Natural Mystic
Charter member

54. "then why are you clicking, replying and co-signing all my shit? link."
In response to Reply # 50
Sun Aug-17-08 01:52 PM by Natural Mystic

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=6839891&mesg_id=6839891&page=#6844314

youre life annoys me, but you dont see me acting like a pussy online
do you?

just let it go.
you talkin shit in here, but kissin my ass in another post. fuckin failure.
you made yourself look like the stupidest of bitches in this thread.
let it go.

nicknice
1132 posts
Wed Aug-20-08 12:30 PM

61. "i agreed with the idea"
In response to Reply # 54

now that i know it was you....maybe i should change that.

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Sun Aug-17-08 01:39 PM

53. "remember in elementary when a boy would hit a girl he liked?"
In response to Reply # 47

same thing here.

Natural Mystic
Charter member

56. "basically. thats what the inboxes are telling me."
In response to Reply # 53

LOL.

______

'i aint scared of you motherfuckers.' © Bernie Mac

nicknice
1132 posts
Wed Aug-20-08 12:30 PM

60. "no one inboxed your fat ass..."
In response to Reply # 56

check again.

nicknice
1132 posts
Sat Aug-16-08 07:54 PM

49. "i feel sorry for you..."
In response to Reply # 46

justin_scott
Charter member
19862 posts
Sun Aug-17-08 01:37 PM

52. "you're the pathetic piece of shit"
In response to Reply # 49
Sun Aug-17-08 01:38 PM by justin_scott

you've been ethered...multiple times. feel sorry for yourself kiddo.

Natural Mystic
Charter member

55. "hes tryinta save face. just let him look like a dumbass and let it go."
In response to Reply # 52

______

nicknice
1132 posts
Wed Aug-20-08 12:31 PM

62. "no one asked your bitch ass anything..."
In response to Reply # 52

you're like the dude who kicks the mother fucker on the ground after two people are in a fight.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Fri Aug-22-08 08:09 PM

64. "lol you used 'stan' as an insult in Okay ARTIST of all places??!"
In response to Reply # 42

take that shit to the Lesson b

nicknice
1132 posts
Fri Aug-22-08 10:47 PM

65. "I stay out of the lesson..."
In response to Reply # 64

Natural Mystic
Charter member

57. "by the way, much like life, and posting, you fail at jade typhooning."
In response to Reply # 39
Sun Aug-17-08 02:31 PM by Natural Mystic

just stop.

______

budz4zo
Member since Dec 07th 2003
2811 posts
Thu Aug-21-08 09:17 AM

63. "you're fat, ugly, and suck at life"
In response to Reply # 57

why the fuck are you and your gay ass lover replying to
each others posts when you sit right next to each other.
log off and eat a sandwich. bitch.

jibber
Member since Jun 12th 2006
8 posts
Sun Aug-03-08 06:59 PM

27. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 0

In my humble opinion, you go to a festival to catch a bunch of your favorite artists all in one place, and hope to stumble upon some cats you're heard of (or maybe you haven't)that peak your interest. Or at least give you an incling of what their about. It's rare to see a short set that knocks you on your ass, especially in a huge venue festival setting.

I've seen the mighty mos about 20 times since 2000. He is consistently one of the best hip hop performers out there. One of, if not the best I've ever seen. And believe me when I say I see a ton of shows. One of the perks of living in the LA area. Catch him in any smaller club across the country and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

best mos moment: hob hollywood, me on the wall center stage
on stage is mos, kweli, common, kanye and will.. all bouncin within 20 ft of me. DOPE! some chump next to me even got all of them to sign his hat during the song. ridiculous. now i wish is was that chump

futuristiclyric
Member since Jun 11th 2007
200 posts
Thu Aug-07-08 09:46 PM

28. "Just saw him at HOB in N.O."
In response to Reply # 0

and he killed dat shit. Did about an hour and a half show, and an encore. Dude just likes to perform... old stuff, new stuff, stuff he just made up and some songs that weren't even his. The crowd does go wild when the classics play, but i liked to hear new stuff.I like to see artists do their thing. Besides if you want to hear the bangers, you always have the CD.

Futuristiclyric, one love, one life.

cfinnerty
Member since Sep 28th 2007
62 posts
Fri Aug-08-08 10:40 AM

29. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 0

i was at RTB in boston, and mos def actually did a lot of older stuff off of black on both sides. though maybe the first 15 mins was sing-song stuff, he wasn't as dissapointing as you made it sound. i guess i would have been pissed if he did experimenting the whole time, but my guess is he gauges things based on the crowd. the boston crowd kind of sucked, they weren't feeling pharcyde or de la very much, so maybe mos decided it wouldn't be a good crowd to experiment with.

w/e, he did ms. fat booty, hip hop, love, close edge, the boogieman song, & of course umi says... so i was happy

aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Fri Aug-08-08 02:19 PM

30. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 29

yea other RTB cities seem to have gotten a completely different set maybe that's what we get for being first...?

Live From Tweak Central:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0lrq35
http://www.imeem.com/people/YHO-Yyq
www.myspace.com/drunkenmonkeee
www.wildleekworld.com
http://a-nerd-alert-creation.blogspot.com/
www.imeem.com/drunkenmonkeee
www.myspace.com/tweekcentral
w

cfinnerty
Member since Sep 28th 2007
62 posts
Fri Aug-08-08 02:59 PM

31. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 30

>yea other RTB cities seem to have gotten a completely
>different set maybe that's what we get for being first...?

or maybe he read your letter.. haha

aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Fri Aug-08-08 08:29 PM

34. "this made me laugh too..."
In response to Reply # 31

and then I got sad

If he read this I just hope he knows it's out of love!

Live From Tweak Central:
www.wildleekworld.com
w

Black Broadway
Member since Jan 14th 2008
32 posts
Fri Aug-08-08 03:59 PM

32. "Can't Be That Bad"
In response to Reply # 0

I've never had the pleasure of seeing Mos live. My sister saw him in NY a minute ago and said it was off the chain. When I get my paper up and I have the opportunity, I'm definitely gonna have to see for myself.

Read Cool Cee Brown's Blog
http://www.coolceebrown.blogspot.com
http://www.blackbroadway-online.com

aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Fri Aug-08-08 08:28 PM

33. "Oh he's definitely off the chain"
In response to Reply # 32

definitely. But it just seems that fans increasingly need to catch him on a good night if there are other people on the bill.

Live From Tweak Central:
www.wildleekworld.com
w

D angelo Please Come Back
Member since Apr 28th 2006
49 posts
Sat Aug-09-08 12:35 AM

35. "RE: An Open Letter To Mos Def"
In response to Reply # 0

Mos is an incredible artist, that's "Undeniable" !
I love all of his LPs, EPs. guest appearances, & bootlegs
My most cherished download is a recording of the Mighty Mos
performing Stevie Wonders Too High. You never know what you'll
get at a live show and I hope Mos doesn't change that before
I have chance to see him a dozen more times.

Raina
Charter member
66771 posts
Sat Aug-09-08 01:07 PM

36. "PS: stop wifing up these ditzy broads, and start using condoms"
In response to Reply # 0

Crouching Toddler, Hidden Kaia

Natural Mystic
Charter member

48. "i love you raina."
In response to Reply # 36

______

mr_graff
Member since Jan 25th 2006
4147 posts
Thu Aug-14-08 01:45 PM

40. "most rap acts don't care about their fans"
In response to Reply # 0

We're just a means to them getting their seed money for the clothing line, restaurant, acting classes or whatever.

L.E.S.
5070 posts
Sun Aug-17-08 08:28 AM

51. "These are the worst kinds of posts"
In response to Reply # 0

let this post die..

Mos Def is an artist. He don't owe you shit.

aisha
Charter member
1012 posts
Tue Aug-19-08 07:32 PM

58. "These are the worst type of responses"
In response to Reply # 51

The ones that don't READ first. I never not once said he owed me anything; but thanks for your opinion anyway.

Live From Tweak Central:
www.wildleekworld.com
w

L.E.S.
5070 posts
Wed Aug-20-08 10:23 AM

59. "RE: These are the worst type of responses"
In response to Reply # 58

i did read it. When you first posted it a month ago.

i just think its ridiculous. its like you're taking what Mos Def

does personally. those questions you're asking him, 'don't the

blank stares bother you?' Mos is an artist. He's always done

what he's wanted to do when he wants to do it. It's obvious

at this point he isn't content with just making rap records

and performing them live. take it for what it is and if you enjoy

it all the better. personally, i think what happened with Mos is

similar to what happened to Bob Dylan in the 60s (except on

a much smaller scale for Mos). when he came out with BOBS

after Black Star, everybody was labeling him this one thing and

putting him in a box. i think that made him want to do a lot of

other types of music and performances.