Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectit's a festival
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=177095&mesg_id=177166
177166, it's a festival
Posted by nicknice, Sat Jul-26-08 09:04 AM
he has a time slot, and frankly any mos def show I've been to has run over the scheduled time...Check out the rock the bells dvd and see how chaotic and confusing the backstage area is, and then maybe you'll decide you shouldn't be so selfish. On top of all this you actually come off as someone who does give a shit, and may know a little bit about good music. So why would you frown upon someone hailed as a musical genius experimenting in front of a live audience. Maybe he learned his lesson on his "bad album" and now likes to try out the material before pressing it up? I personally think these kind of shows are dope, who's gonna remember the 30 times they heard umi says at a mos show? not me, I'd rather go and get a chance to see the "hendrix doing the national anthem" type mos def where you'll be blown away by something you never expected... Maybe the crowd was wack, a show like rock the bells, depending on who's billed will bring all sorts of heads which is another reason he may have tried out some new ish...
but seriously, try and see him again, see if it's billed as mos w/ dj or mos w/ band or whatever. When you see and hear my man rock some BBD poison and the whole joint freaks the fuck out...
tell me he's wack, i dare you.