Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #24115

Subject: ""LWFC" sales update" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Kev
Charter member
754 posts
Fri May-12-00 08:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""LWFC" sales update"

I don't know the answers,Im just asking my fellow okayplayers for their help.I know that Com is still on the charts at about #77.What Im wondering is does anybody know how many units he has sold so far.Please share your knowledge whit me.
Saying Im a thug and that's all that I can say/who are you anyway Mary J-Talib Kweli

One1

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE:
May 16th 2000
RE: sales
peterparker
May 16th 2000
May 16th 2000
May 16th 2000
May 16th 2000
May 16th 2000
                     RE: STREET MARKETING! HELP US TO HELP U!
May 18th 2000
                shit!
P!
May 17th 2000
                if you wanna help
May 17th 2000
                RE: "The Light"
May 17th 2000
                RE:
May 17th 2000
                Cheese warms the radios programmers hearts.
DN3rdFloor
May 18th 2000
                Booby caldwell, not Bilal
May 18th 2000
                     Just Curious
May 19th 2000
malcolm
May 18th 2000
May 18th 2000
I still don't have it...
BabyDick
May 18th 2000

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Tue May-16-00 02:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE:"
In response to Reply # 0

from what i have gathered he is right around 400,000. so get out there and promote the man so he can get the gold plaque! only 100,000 to go!!
peace

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

peterparker

Tue May-16-00 06:30 AM

2. "RE: sales"
In response to Reply # 1

192,000 sold

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Tue May-16-00 10:16 AM

3. "RE: sales"
In response to Reply # 2

sorry, i should've made myself a little more clear. i heard he has shipped around 400,000.

label_guy
Charter member
768 posts
Tue May-16-00 12:58 PM

4. "RE: sales"
In response to Reply # 3

you both are correct.....
By the way "The Light" video is going to be something special......
LG

LG
Mark 11:24
Isaiah 54:17

Kev
Charter member
754 posts
Tue May-16-00 02:19 PM

5. "RE: sales"
In response to Reply # 4

Man it's hard to go gold.I thought Common had atleast broken the 200,000 barrier.Well,I just hope "The light" gives him a boost to raise his sales a little but I guess it's better than his last album so It's good news.

Saying Im a thug and that's all that I can say/who are you anyway Mary J-Talib Kweli

One1

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Tue May-16-00 03:20 PM

6. "RE: sales"
In response to Reply # 5

its hard to go gold but he's almost there. the plaques are are based on the number shipped to stores and not actual sales...i think. label guy?

JustLisa
Charter member
50995 posts
Thu May-18-00 09:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "RE: STREET MARKETING! HELP US TO HELP U!"
In response to Reply # 6

What can we do, as average, everyday folx to help promote LWFC? Is it really just word of mouth?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage ~ ANAIS NIN

P!

Wed May-17-00 11:26 AM

7. "shit!"
In response to Reply # 4

wait, 192 outsold all his albums? damn he doesnt sell that much does he? i thought he moved 400 already. damn thats a lot of records that get sent back isnt it? why be gold and only sell 200? heads are sleeping on this one. their loss.

June 4th-9th-The Boardicidal Maniacs Marathon part 2
if you got jokes register a stupid name (a name not too long!)
and post funny posts during that time period. no jokes? watch and be entertained! dont tell anybody your regular name though. General discussion gets jacked.

MAY = OFFENSIVE QUOTES MONTH
**cell phone rings**
"hello? oh hey girl....i'm sucking dick i'll call you back later"-Prostitute from "pimps & johns" on HBO

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Wed May-17-00 12:57 PM

9. "if you wanna help"
In response to Reply # 7

email keith@okayplayer.com and start a street team in your area for common. i did. peace

Arch_Angel
Charter member
79 posts
Wed May-17-00 12:35 PM

8. "RE: "The Light""
In response to Reply # 4

That is one of my favorite songs on Com's CD -- Bilal's voice is wonderful, the music is so funky -- this is one song where I can't wait for that bridge..."There are times, when you need someone......" Whew. Com, forgive me, the words in your "letter" to your girl/significant other are deep as well - I give props where props are due.

I can't wait for the video - wish I were in it....

Congrats on a phat cd, Brother!!

Much Respect

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Wed May-17-00 05:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "RE:"
In response to Reply # 8

someone kicked me and explained that it wasn't bilal on "the light", but a sample...forgot the singer's name...and i left my common CD cover at my school (where no one is into hip-hop enough to steal it...hahha).

if you guys saw it steadily falling down the billboard chart, why would you think com was going gold? now, in the 4th quarter records can fall and still be gaining in sales (because that just means the albums above them are selling more, faster, of course, on the billboard chart this "falling rise" would be signified by a shaded number). but in may, if your album is falling, that means you're falling falling (the opposite of bout it bout it, i suppose...sorry, bad humor).

let's hope "the light" warms some radio programmers' hearts, eh?

I think this album will be a strong catalog seller anyway (i.e. it will continue to sell long after MCA ceases actively promoting it).

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

GO SEE "LOVE AND BASKETBALL"!!!! In theaters now. What a great film. Check out "Go" on video, too.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

DN3rdFloor

Thu May-18-00 12:12 PM

16. "Cheese warms the radios programmers hearts."
In response to Reply # 10

save the beagles

tinyteanie
Charter member
62 posts
Thu May-18-00 11:28 AM

15. "Booby caldwell, not Bilal"
In response to Reply # 8

I bought 8 cd's already label guy , 2 cassettes and i bump in whenever I can (especially in L.A.) I WANT A PLAQUE, hear?
tiny
p.s. (I'll wear the green sweater )

cpoindex
Charter member
243 posts
Fri May-19-00 07:57 AM

17. "Just Curious"
In response to Reply # 15

Why would you buy 8 opys of the CD?

*******************Signature**********************************************************
"Thoughts of you are warm & gooey and leave a sweet taste in my Mouth."

"Turns out the Revolution WAS TELEVISED, but was cancelled due to low ratings."

From "Cold French Fries,MPweaves & other daily Nutriments"

**************************************************************************************

malcolm

Thu May-18-00 09:08 AM

11. "RE: sales"
In response to Reply # 4

How many has "Voodoo" sold to date?

malcolm

yoplay
Charter member
1440 posts
Thu May-18-00 09:15 AM

12. "RE: sales"
In response to Reply # 11

i read at a random music news sight that it was approaching 2x platinum. i'm not sure how accurate that is though.

there comes a time in every mans life when he's gotta handle shit up on his own Can't depend on friends to help you in a squeeze, please they got problems of their own---slim kid3

BabyDick

Thu May-18-00 11:13 AM

14. "I still don't have it..."
In response to Reply # 0

I got to get it soon though......

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #24115 Previous topic | Next topic