Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24115&mesg_id=24126
24126, RE:
Posted by spirit, Wed May-17-00 05:00 PM
someone kicked me and explained that it wasn't bilal on "the light", but a sample...forgot the singer's name...and i left my common CD cover at my school (where no one is into hip-hop enough to steal it...hahha).

if you guys saw it steadily falling down the billboard chart, why would you think com was going gold? now, in the 4th quarter records can fall and still be gaining in sales (because that just means the albums above them are selling more, faster, of course, on the billboard chart this "falling rise" would be signified by a shaded number). but in may, if your album is falling, that means you're falling falling (the opposite of bout it bout it, i suppose...sorry, bad humor).

let's hope "the light" warms some radio programmers' hearts, eh?

I think this album will be a strong catalog seller anyway (i.e. it will continue to sell long after MCA ceases actively promoting it).

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

GO SEE "LOVE AND BASKETBALL"!!!! In theaters now. What a great film. Check out "Go" on video, too.