Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject"LWFC" sales update
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=24115
24115, "LWFC" sales update
Posted by Kev, Fri May-12-00 08:35 PM
I don't know the answers,Im just asking my fellow okayplayers for their help.I know that Com is still on the charts at about #77.What Im wondering is does anybody know how many units he has sold so far.Please share your knowledge whit me.
Saying Im a thug and that's all that I can say/who are you anyway Mary J-Talib Kweli

One1
24116, RE:
Posted by xangeluvr, Tue May-16-00 02:24 AM
from what i have gathered he is right around 400,000. so get out there and promote the man so he can get the gold plaque! only 100,000 to go!!
peace
24117, RE: sales
Posted by guest, Tue May-16-00 06:30 AM
192,000 sold
24118, RE: sales
Posted by xangeluvr, Tue May-16-00 10:16 AM
sorry, i should've made myself a little more clear. i heard he has shipped around 400,000.
24119, RE: sales
Posted by label_guy, Tue May-16-00 12:58 PM
you both are correct.....
By the way "The Light" video is going to be something special......
LG
24120, RE: sales
Posted by Kev, Tue May-16-00 02:19 PM
Man it's hard to go gold.I thought Common had atleast broken the 200,000 barrier.Well,I just hope "The light" gives him a boost to raise his sales a little but I guess it's better than his last album so It's good news.

Saying Im a thug and that's all that I can say/who are you anyway Mary J-Talib Kweli

One1
24121, RE: sales
Posted by xangeluvr, Tue May-16-00 03:20 PM
its hard to go gold but he's almost there. the plaques are are based on the number shipped to stores and not actual sales...i think. label guy?
24122, RE: STREET MARKETING! HELP US TO HELP U!
Posted by JustLisa, Thu May-18-00 09:25 AM
What can we do, as average, everyday folx to help promote LWFC? Is it really just word of mouth?
24123, shit!
Posted by guest, Wed May-17-00 11:26 AM
wait, 192 outsold all his albums? damn he doesnt sell that much does he? i thought he moved 400 already. damn thats a lot of records that get sent back isnt it? why be gold and only sell 200? heads are sleeping on this one. their loss.

June 4th-9th-The Boardicidal Maniacs Marathon part 2
if you got jokes register a stupid name (a name not too long!)
and post funny posts during that time period. no jokes? watch and be entertained! dont tell anybody your regular name though. General discussion gets jacked.

MAY = OFFENSIVE QUOTES MONTH
**cell phone rings**
"hello? oh hey girl....i'm sucking dick i'll call you back later"-Prostitute from "pimps & johns" on HBO
24124, if you wanna help
Posted by xangeluvr, Wed May-17-00 12:57 PM
email keith@okayplayer.com and start a street team in your area for common. i did. peace
24125, RE: "The Light"
Posted by Arch_Angel, Wed May-17-00 12:35 PM
That is one of my favorite songs on Com's CD -- Bilal's voice is wonderful, the music is so funky -- this is one song where I can't wait for that bridge..."There are times, when you need someone......" Whew. Com, forgive me, the words in your "letter" to your girl/significant other are deep as well - I give props where props are due.

I can't wait for the video - wish I were in it....

Congrats on a phat cd, Brother!!

Much Respect
24126, RE:
Posted by spirit, Wed May-17-00 05:00 PM
someone kicked me and explained that it wasn't bilal on "the light", but a sample...forgot the singer's name...and i left my common CD cover at my school (where no one is into hip-hop enough to steal it...hahha).

if you guys saw it steadily falling down the billboard chart, why would you think com was going gold? now, in the 4th quarter records can fall and still be gaining in sales (because that just means the albums above them are selling more, faster, of course, on the billboard chart this "falling rise" would be signified by a shaded number). but in may, if your album is falling, that means you're falling falling (the opposite of bout it bout it, i suppose...sorry, bad humor).

let's hope "the light" warms some radio programmers' hearts, eh?

I think this album will be a strong catalog seller anyway (i.e. it will continue to sell long after MCA ceases actively promoting it).

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

GO SEE "LOVE AND BASKETBALL"!!!! In theaters now. What a great film. Check out "Go" on video, too.
24127, Cheese warms the radios programmers hearts.
Posted by guest, Thu May-18-00 12:12 PM
save the beagles
24128, Booby caldwell, not Bilal
Posted by tinyteanie, Thu May-18-00 11:28 AM
I bought 8 cd's already label guy , 2 cassettes and i bump in whenever I can (especially in L.A.) I WANT A PLAQUE, hear?
tiny
p.s. (I'll wear the green sweater ;-))
24129, Just Curious
Posted by cpoindex, Fri May-19-00 07:57 AM
Why would you buy 8 opys of the CD?

*******************Signature**********************************************************
"Thoughts of you are warm & gooey and leave a sweet taste in my Mouth."

"Turns out the Revolution WAS TELEVISED, but was cancelled due to low ratings."

From "Cold French Fries,MPweaves & other daily Nutriments"

**************************************************************************************

24130, RE: sales
Posted by guest, Thu May-18-00 09:08 AM
How many has "Voodoo" sold to date?

malcolm
24131, RE: sales
Posted by yoplay, Thu May-18-00 09:15 AM
i read at a random music news sight that it was approaching 2x platinum. i'm not sure how accurate that is though.
24132, I still don't have it...
Posted by guest, Thu May-18-00 11:13 AM
I got to get it soon though......