Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13127159

Subject: "This is the most opportune time for a new party to gain momentum...." Previous topic | Next topic
rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Sat Feb-18-17 08:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"This is the most opportune time for a new party to gain momentum...."

If the Green Party and Libertarians don't take advantage of this time, they never will.

I feel people are becoming more desperate for an alternative to our current situation. Special interests are entrenched in our system and the people need to form another party now.

I'm supporting the first party that pushes common sense legislation nationally. However, that cannot be done by simply making a big splash nationally. The process to legitimacy would have to be methodical and sensible, starting in the local and state levels.

As much as I hate the Tea Party, there was a method to their madness. They rallied to air out the frustrations....and then they organized. They took key seats on all levels and (in my opinion) completely altered the trajectory of the Obama administration.

Now is the time for people to get together to push the old guard out. I believe that certain states have enough people to get the ball rolling. States like California, Washington, and Colorado would be the perfect place to start. The platform should center around changing the way Washington works versus just standing on ideals. Ideals are great but they aren't enough to push a worthwhile agenda forward. The key flaw I feel that a lot of previous candidates had was that I never felt that they would inspire the actual policies that would change the way Washington works. I never felt that from Nader, Stein, or even Bernie. Ultimately, none of these candidates, had they been successful in the presidency bids, would've had the numbers to push the needle left.
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

This is the most opportune time for a new party to gain momentum.... [View all] , rorschach, Sat Feb-18-17 08:16 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
You can hope all you want, the public will buy a new 3rd party
Feb 18th 2017
I believe that ultimately it's about educating and empowering people....
Feb 18th 2017
They bought Perot
Feb 18th 2017
      How did they buy Perot if Perot didn't win?
Feb 18th 2017
           They voted for him after he dropped out
Feb 18th 2017
                RE: They voted for him after he dropped out
Feb 18th 2017
                     Debbie the downer doesn't accomplish anything
Feb 18th 2017
                          Nader and Perot accomplished something, right?
Feb 18th 2017
                               Oh you didn't vote for Hillary, Kerry, or Gore ?
Feb 18th 2017
                                    Delusional people can't tell the difference between
Feb 18th 2017
                                         People who use straw man arguments never
Feb 18th 2017
                                         I wonder what you see in Trump's party winning with more
Feb 18th 2017
                                              I see more straw man
Feb 19th 2017
                                                   Nader and Ross Perot
Feb 19th 2017
                                                        More straw man
Feb 19th 2017
                                         It's not delusional to vote for your personal interests....
Feb 19th 2017
                                              And you'll see how effective that will be against the GOP
Feb 19th 2017
                                                   how are you not understanding why I'm saying?
Feb 19th 2017
This could be the time but these are not the people
Feb 18th 2017
RE: This could be the time but these are not the people
Feb 18th 2017
      RE: This could be the time but these are not the people
Feb 18th 2017
Money, organization, and then getting on the ballots
Feb 18th 2017
Nader basically summed up my current problem with the Green Party....
Feb 18th 2017
      RE: Nader basically summed up my current problem with the Green Party......
Feb 18th 2017
           It's about finding that cross-section of people....
Feb 18th 2017
                Politics is about contending. A third party you're proposing
Feb 18th 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13127159 Previous topic | Next topic