Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #22123

Subject: "Links?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Ursus
Charter member
800 posts
Mon Aug-14-00 07:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Links?"
In response to In response to 0

I can't really give ya' a perspective on what it is like to be mistaken for Mexican when in truth one is Native American. But I have a few questions for anyone who reads this post.

Is there a cultural and genetic link between Native American peoples(as a whole) and those of Mexican descent? Or is there a link only when talking about Southwestern tribes and people of Mexican descent? Would a person from a tribe that resided in what is now considered North Dakota have the same link to those of Mexican descent? I ask this out of curiosity and lack of knowledge.

Do the Incas have a strong connection to the Shawnee?

At first glance I thought it would be obvious that there are too many cultural and language barriers to consider Native American people and people of Mexican descent as one. However I think Uncle Ant brings up a good comparison between those of African descent in America and those outside of America. Are the differences only do to the location of the people?

Just rattling some ?'s and really just bringing up the same ?'s Uncle Ant has brought up. Wish I could help more but due to my lack of education on the subject I am clueless.

Ursus

"Time is just memory mixed with desire" - Tom Waits

"Silence is the loudest parting word..you never say" -Ben Harper

Printer-friendly copy

natives/hispanics [View all] , UncleAnt, Mon Aug-14-00 01:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: natives/hispanics
Brownchild
Aug 15th 2000
HERES THE DEAL
DIALECTIC
Aug 15th 2000
hmmm...
Aug 16th 2000
Aug 20th 2000
Idontmuchcaredo
Aug 24th 2000
ALL 3 World People
cipher8
Aug 28th 2000
Native/Hispanic/Latino/Chicano etc. etc.
elena
Aug 29th 2000

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #22123 Previous topic | Next topic