Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27881

Subject: "Might I add..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
NextLev
Charter member
867 posts
Sun Nov-28-99 04:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Might I add..."
In response to In response to 4

Good response Duela. Also think about the fact that it was an interview, and compare to the tracks he's done in respect to women. Sure he could've called Ahmina a bitch in Silent Treatment, but he didn't. Wanna know the comparison drop-off point?? Coming off the top of the head, whether speaking or responding to a question...we usually speak off of instinct and not thought. Now, Silent Treatment, for example is a written track. Which means that Black sat and wrote down his lyrics,which means he thought about every lyric, which means that if he thought about it, he could've called Ahmina a bitch several times for playin hard to get and not giving him some. But he didn't!! Could've used the word bitch in You Got Me, or called Alana a bitch for telling her friend from Virginia how he used to back bend her....lol<BR>But he didn't, its the thought...not the instinct. <P><BR>"...me, I'm a rocket launcher/M-illa-tant monster/I'm self-sponsored/I light up the mic just like gunja/" -Black Thought from "Burnin' and Lootin'"<P>"Now you can talk about Michael Jackson if you wanna/But Woody Allen molested and married his stepdaughter" - Mos Def<P>"Be perfect within my presence or seize to exist" - Next Lev<BR>

In the changer:
Foreign Exchange - Leave It All Behind

Printer-friendly copy

Black Thought Source I'View [View all] , Ms_Thang, Thu Nov-25-99 05:54 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Disappointing.
LOVEBUG
Nov 26th 1999
LOOK!!!!!!
Nov 26th 1999
Well, dickhead....
LOVEBUG
Nov 27th 1999
      Thanks for your support!!!
Nov 27th 1999
Well...
Ms_Thang
Nov 26th 1999
Ain't This A Bitch. . .
Duela
Nov 26th 1999

Ah, the apologist,,,
Dec 16th 1999
           Thought cleared it up, N/M
Dec 16th 1999
I think...
Nov 28th 1999
OH YEAH!
Ms_Thang
Dec 01st 1999
      Some Reactions
Quinn
Dec 01st 1999
in defense of my brother........
Nov 28th 1999
Thanks for clearing that up for others....
Nov 28th 1999
      Thank you all for your feedback
Ms_Thang
Dec 01st 1999
           quotations
thought
Dec 01st 1999
           is there a solar eclipse going on???
Dec 02nd 1999
           Finally!
Ms_Thang
Dec 02nd 1999
           okay, but
Dec 02nd 1999

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27881 Previous topic | Next topic