Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27881

Subject: "LOOK!!!!!!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Nesta
Charter member
7130 posts
Fri Nov-26-99 05:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "LOOK!!!!!!"
In response to In response to 1

>I like this thread for two reasons. <BR>><BR>>1)You fail to be on the nuts <BR>>of The Roots and hesitate to <BR>>disagree with them simply because they <BR>>are the focus of this website. <BR>>They can learn and grow from <BR>>us too. <P>I'm really tired of folks acting like it's some big deal and an act of courage and honor when they or someone disagrees with or dislikes something about an okayartist. This is nothing new and has been going on since day one (CHECK THE ARCHIVES). Go back and find the intial Black lily reviews. <P>This is a FAN site and liking the artists of this site is not a sign that someone is "on the nuts" as you so eloquently put it.<P>ANYWAY!!<P>I think more sistas (all of us really) really need to hold these MCs' feet to the fire when they spew mysoginistic and homophobic lines. All of us really seem to just let it slide all the time. But unless heads are really willing to call heads out on shit it won't change a bit.<P>I remember reading the Roots Stress interview during the summer and I was just so extremely disgusted/disappointed by some of the comments that Kamal made. I mean money sounded SO unbelievably homophobic and it just made no sense to me.<P><BR>"Nesta...You big ol' pimp...how did we get started talkin' about THAT!?" - kawright<P>"Now...I am all for an occasional 'Bitch' when you dealing with West Coast flows...but be creative with ya 'Bitches'...ya know?" - DivineVersatile<P>"Only when lions have historians will hunters cease to he heroes." - African Proverb

"I think Brett Favre basically is a selfish guy, Brett Favre goes out there with his gray hair, his Wranglers and gets up when he gets hit. I understand why people like that. But there's another side. He's a selfish guy." - Teddy Atlas

Printer-friendly copy

Black Thought Source I'View [View all] , Ms_Thang, Thu Nov-25-99 05:54 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Disappointing.
LOVEBUG
Nov 26th 1999
Well, dickhead....
LOVEBUG
Nov 27th 1999
      Thanks for your support!!!
Nov 27th 1999
Well...
Ms_Thang
Nov 26th 1999
Ain't This A Bitch. . .
Duela
Nov 26th 1999
      Might I add...
Nov 28th 1999
      Ah, the apologist,,,
Dec 16th 1999
           Thought cleared it up, N/M
Dec 16th 1999
I think...
Nov 28th 1999
OH YEAH!
Ms_Thang
Dec 01st 1999
      Some Reactions
Quinn
Dec 01st 1999
in defense of my brother........
Nov 28th 1999
Thanks for clearing that up for others....
Nov 28th 1999
      Thank you all for your feedback
Ms_Thang
Dec 01st 1999
           quotations
thought
Dec 01st 1999
           is there a solar eclipse going on???
Dec 02nd 1999
           Finally!
Ms_Thang
Dec 02nd 1999
           okay, but
Dec 02nd 1999

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion Okay Artist Archives topic #27881 Previous topic | Next topic