Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectMight I add...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27881&mesg_id=27888
27888, Might I add...
Posted by NextLev, Sun Nov-28-99 04:37 AM
Good response Duela. Also think about the fact that it was an interview, and compare to the tracks he's done in respect to women. Sure he could've called Ahmina a bitch in Silent Treatment, but he didn't. Wanna know the comparison drop-off point?? Coming off the top of the head, whether speaking or responding to a question...we usually speak off of instinct and not thought. Now, Silent Treatment, for example is a written track. Which means that Black sat and wrote down his lyrics,which means he thought about every lyric, which means that if he thought about it, he could've called Ahmina a bitch several times for playin hard to get and not giving him some. But he didn't!! Could've used the word bitch in You Got Me, or called Alana a bitch for telling her friend from Virginia how he used to back bend her....lol<BR>But he didn't, its the thought...not the instinct. <P><BR>"...me, I'm a rocket launcher/M-illa-tant monster/I'm self-sponsored/I light up the mic just like gunja/" -Black Thought from "Burnin' and Lootin'"<P>"Now you can talk about Michael Jackson if you wanna/But Woody Allen molested and married his stepdaughter" - Mos Def<P>"Be perfect within my presence or seize to exist" - Next Lev<BR>