Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2636653

Subject: "Alex-Harbaugh-Keep" Previous topic | Next topic
COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 10:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Alex-Harbaugh-Keep"

Who would have thought, after Harbaugh made that fateful decision, that Alex Smith would be the last man standing (in the NFL)

And yet, he never managed to prove Harbaugh's assessment wrong and is about to be replaced by another bi-racial QB with a cannon for an arm.

After that monster playoff upset of the Packers Kaepernick was going to change the game, and in some ways he did, just not anywhere near a football field. Politics aside, few QB's has fallen further, faster than Kaep without injuries playing a major role.

Harbaugh was sitting at the pinnacle of the NFL. Now he is back in college and wearing out his welcome faster than anyone expected.

Just kinda funny how it all shook out

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
youre editorializing like a MF
Jan 07th 2018
RE: youre editorializing like a MF
Jan 07th 2018
Jan 08th 2018
Jan 09th 2018
Jan 10th 2018
                your ongoing mental battle with numbers is heartbreaking
Jan 11th 2018
                     you're right. im stupid. harbaugh is killing it. have fun with that.
Jan 11th 2018
                          you dont actually want to talk about what hes fucking up
Jan 11th 2018
                               no i just don't want to spend 5 hours replying to that novel long post
Jan 13th 2018
you can't really put politics aside though
Jan 07th 2018
RE: you can't really put politics aside though
Jan 07th 2018
his 'fall off' to his final year isn't remotely the biggest ever
Jan 07th 2018
      RE: his 'fall off' to his final year isn't remotely the biggest ever
Jan 07th 2018
Jan 07th 2018
Jan 07th 2018
                that was Eli.
Jan 07th 2018
                RE: that was Eli.
Jan 07th 2018
                2011 was Alex Smith.
Jan 07th 2018
                     RE: 2011 was Alex Smith.
Jan 07th 2018
           Kaep was also injured too
Jan 09th 2018
                RE: Kaep was also injured too
Jan 09th 2018
Right, really just a dumb, random, reaching post lol
Jan 11th 2018
i think any long time niner fan can agree...
Jan 08th 2018
RE: i think any long time niner fan can agree...
Jan 11th 2018
RE: Alex-Harbaugh-Keep
Jan 12th 2018

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35261 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 02:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "youre editorializing like a MF"
In response to Reply # 0

he isnt wearing out his welcome here

the last 11 seasons have made people impatient, but the university knew what the mess was. he has had 4 games played by a QB he recruited out of high school, and he used an Iowa castoff to win 10 games after disastrous end to the Hoke regime.

and also unlike Kaep, right or wrong, there hasnt been a day in the last 3 years that Harbaugh couldnt have had a NFL HC job with one phone call.

fans are beyond ready for everything to kick into gear, and his inability to create a streamlined organizational structure with his offensive staff has been a major shortcoming so far. but OL and QB recruiting rarely produces instant fixes and Hoke/Borges were disastrous with both. it was always going to be this way.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 03:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: youre editorializing like a MF"
In response to Reply # 1

Maybe the phrase was over the top. I'm not a Harbaugh fan. Regardless, his star is significantly dimmed from when all of these guys were on the same team.

Harbaugh could definitely still get an NFL job. But not any job he wants. Not anymore. San Francisco's offensive meltdown and reports about his bizarre play calling system have taken some shine off. And he hasn't done anything at Michigan to change that.

3xKrazy
Charter member
21584 posts
Mon Jan-08-18 10:00 PM

14. "RE: youre editorializing like a MF"
In response to Reply # 1

>he isnt wearing out his welcome here
>
>the last 11 seasons have made people impatient, but the
>university knew what the mess was. he has had 4 games played
>by a QB he recruited out of high school, and he used an Iowa
>castoff to win 10 games after disastrous end to the Hoke
>regime.

not like we dont regularly see monumental turnarounds with teams with far less resources and name recognition and inherited talent than michigan

and not like we're watching a true freshmen beating bama in the NC as i type this.

harb is a fraud and a clown and everyone besides his nutso fan base sees it by now. reminds me of another lunatic loudmouth on twitter..

cgonz00cc
35261 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 11:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "RE: youre editorializing like a MF"
In response to Reply # 14

>not like we dont regularly see monumental turnarounds with
>teams with far less resources and name recognition and
>inherited talent than michigan

oh? far less talent? that doesnt jive with the fact that UM hasnt had a single OL get drafted that wasnt recruited by Brady Hoke. or the fact that Al Borges has never recruited a QB that finished his career as that school's starter. the 2015 and 2016 NFL drafts tell you everything there is to tell about the inherited talent at UM.

>and not like we're watching a true freshmen beating bama in
>the NC as i type this.

LOL you mean the true freshman from UGA with a PAIR of SENIOR RBs with 8000+ career yards and multiple 1000 yard seasons each? That true freshman is also playing behind FOUR players in their FOURTH year in the program along his OL including the TE. michigans upperclassman offensive players include:

Patrick Kugler - fifth year senior only playing because the next guy is playing out of position
Mason Cole - the only offensive lineman recruited by Hoke who will get drafted
Khalid Hill - a fullback
fin

sure...lots of parallels there smh

>harb is a fraud and a clown and everyone besides his nutso fan
>base sees it by now. reminds me of another lunatic loudmouth
>on twitter..

LMAO right. because the simplest explanation for UM's current state is that a guy with a 44-19 record in the NFL (2 Div champs, 3 NFCCG app, 1 SB app), took Stanford from shit to top 5, and took a 5-7 team to 10-3 in his first year with zero QB talent...is actually just the perpetrator of an elaborate scheme and he swindled his way into winning all those things. definitely not that the previous coach, who we all agree is a moron, just failed to aquire talent.

comparing Mark Richt's unbroken string of top 10 recruiting classes to what Brady Hoke left behind for Michigan offensively, is completely asinine.

hes made his own problems in a lot of respects, but this is stupid. especially the part when you try to tell me Kirby Smart did anything other than bring a fresh voice to an insanely talented roster. i, better than most, know all too well what the reality at UGA is.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

3xKrazy
Charter member
21584 posts
Wed Jan-10-18 10:38 PM

18. "RE: youre editorializing like a MF"
In response to Reply # 15

>
>>not like we dont regularly see monumental turnarounds with
>>teams with far less resources and name recognition and
>>inherited talent than michigan
>
>oh? far less talent? that doesnt jive with the fact that UM
>hasnt had a single OL get drafted that wasnt recruited by
>Brady Hoke.

Right, I'm sure harbaugh wishes he had inherited UCF's 0-13 roster or Herman's roster at Houston or Brohm's roster at Purdue. Hell, even look at what Franklin did at PSU with sanctions and the school's tarnished image. Quick turnarounds happen on a yearly basis in CFB. Meanwhile harbaugh is on year 4.

Scott Frost takes a 0-13 roster and within 2 years is beating the pants off the winner of the SEC west, ending the season in the top 10. harbaugh in year 3 is getting humiliated in a bowl game vs a lower tier SEC school and ends the season unranked.

mich's roster is supposedly so god awful yet they started the year in the top 10...have had the "best defense in all of cfb" for the past 2 seasons according to you...and you had them as a lock to beat PSU this year.

but forget all that..now we're going to cry about Hoke and not having enough talent.

>>and not like we're watching a true freshmen beating bama in
>>the NC as i type this.
>
>LOL you mean the true freshman from UGA with a PAIR of SENIOR
>RBs with 8000+ career yards and multiple 1000 yard seasons
>each?

Wait, i thought mich's running backs were a great unit according to you and not the problem?

And I was merely giving an example of the game I was watching at the time...there are teams with far less surrounding talent than UGA who had young qb's start and do a good job. And do you mean to tell me that UGA wouldve been just as successful with Peters at qb instead of Fromm? LOL.

And mind you I made this post in the first half of that game....and then whaddya know another true frosh comes off the bench and balls out vs a top ranked defense and propels the offense to a national championship. meanwhile harb can't even figure out how to finish the season ranked.

Go recruit a Fromm or a Tua or a Haskins and stop copping pleas. Season 4 and the messiah still can't recruit and develop a qb? HIS FAULT.

>
>>harb is a fraud and a clown and everyone besides his nutso
>fan
>>base sees it by now. reminds me of another lunatic
>loudmouth
>>on twitter..
>
>LMAO right. because the simplest explanation for UM's current
>state is that a guy with a 44-19 record in the NFL (2 Div
>champs, 3 NFCCG app, 1 SB app), took Stanford from shit to top
>5, and took a 5-7 team to 10-3 in his first year with zero QB
>talent...is actually just the perpetrator of an elaborate
>scheme and he swindled his way into winning all those things.
>definitely not that the previous coach, who we all agree is a
>moron, just failed to aquire talent.

He was gifted andrew luck at stanford and an incredible defense at SF and was ran out of town in short order. his success wasnt anywhere near unprecedented and his results completely unworthy of the hype, salary, and expectations set forth before him. and he's effectively proving that now with his subpar results on the field and in recruiting.

>comparing Mark Richt's unbroken string of top 10 recruiting
>classes to what Brady Hoke left behind for Michigan
>offensively, is completely asinine.

right, because UGA's roster is the ONLY one we can compare to the shit stain that is michigans's football program.

>hes made his own problems in a lot of respects, but this is
>stupid. especially the part when you try to tell me Kirby
>Smart did anything other than bring a fresh voice to an
>insanely talented roster. i, better than most, know all too
>well what the reality at UGA is.

your stuck on UGA. the point you seem to be unable to grasp is that it doesnt take a decade to recruit and develop a serviceable qb, let alone a top qb. with all the hype and money and bluster and arrogance from this clown he's held to a higher standard of expectations. and he's done nothing but fail miserably.

cgonz00cc
35261 posts
Thu Jan-11-18 05:35 PM

19. "your ongoing mental battle with numbers is heartbreaking"
In response to Reply # 18

>Right, I'm sure harbaugh wishes he had inherited UCF's 0-13
>roster or Herman's roster at Houston or Brohm's roster at
>Purdue. Hell, even look at what Franklin did at PSU with
>sanctions and the school's tarnished image. Quick turnarounds
>happen on a yearly basis in CFB. Meanwhile harbaugh is on year
>4.

i mean, he turned it around in year 1. 5 wins to 10 wins. i actually dont care that they went 8-5. it sucks to have a down year in year 3, but in year 2 they missed playing for a championship by one literal inch. oh well, lets not make it a habit.

>Scott Frost takes a 0-13 roster and within 2 years is beating
>the pants off the winner of the SEC west, ending the season in
>the top 10. harbaugh in year 3 is getting humiliated in a bowl
>game vs a lower tier SEC school and ends the season unranked.

year 2 he was #3 on the last day of the season with a banged up QB. I'm good.

>mich's roster is supposedly so god awful yet they started the
>year in the top 10...have had the "best defense in all of cfb"
>for the past 2 seasons according to you...and you had them as
>a lock to beat PSU this year.

this is why i wonder what you are even replying to. i never said their roster was god awful. i said Hoke's staff was god awful at recruiting 2 position groups. btw everything I've said about the defense is borne out in numbers. and i didnt really expect John O Korn starting, so yeah. that just underscores my whole fucking point lol.

>but forget all that..now we're going to cry about Hoke and not
>having enough talent.

who are you even talking to? no one is crying. i can say that the offense is shit without it affecting me emotionally. i can also say why. you want me to be upset, but thats not the case.

>Wait, i thought mich's running backs were a great unit
>according to you and not the problem?

big difference between sophomores who are "not the problem", and goddamned senior All Americans

>And I was merely giving an example of the game I was watching
>at the time...there are teams with far less surrounding talent
>than UGA who had young qb's start and do a good job. And do
>you mean to tell me that UGA wouldve been just as successful
>with Peters at qb instead of Fromm? LOL.

no, im saying Fromm had tons of support both in front of and behind him. he was also the beneficiary of 2 early season cupcakes, a home game in south bend where he had a whopping 100.5 passer rating (defense gave up 1 TD and less than 300 yards), a game where miss st scored 3 points, and Vanderbilt. Peters was 3-0 as the starter before getting knocked out at Wisconsin...bc of the bullshit blocking. we didnt get to see what Peters' 110th-14th starts even looked like, not to mention the difference between a freshman working well in a RPO offense like Clemson or OSU vs a WC/Pro offense.

>And mind you I made this post in the first half of that
>game....and then whaddya know another true frosh comes off the
>bench and balls out vs a top ranked defense and propels the
>offense to a national championship. meanwhile harb can't even
>figure out how to finish the season ranked.

lol that true frosh had 3 first team all sec linemen blocking for him. youre really just making my point for me now

>Go recruit a Fromm or a Tua or a Haskins and stop copping
>pleas. Season 4 and the messiah still can't recruit and
>develop a qb? HIS FAULT.

oh jesus christ lol. you sound like jim rome. we'll see where jalen hurts ends up and he basically won bama a chip last year. not to mention that Jake Rudock is a better NFL QB than anyone Saban has put out at Bama.

you dont seem to understand that i dont even think there is anything to defend at this point. he put Rudock into the NFL, Speight kept getting hurt, O'Korn was not good, and Peters got hurt. sorry but im not even remotely worried about the long term future of the QB position. im also not going to act like not having a freshman all star QB is somehow a failure. the failure is in not even having a game managing senior, and Harbaugh didnt recruit any of the seniors.

and as far as developing a QB, he put one into the NFL off ONE SEASON. so, again...im not concerned.

>He was gifted andrew luck at stanford

so the last college QB he *recruited himself* and developed before Peters...doesnt count for some reason? convenient lmao

>an incredible
>defense at SF and was ran out of town in short order.

is that so?
team passer rating by year for SF. Harbaugh years marked with *
2009: 80.8
2010: 79.4
2011: 91.4*
2012: 101.2*
2013: 91.7*
2014: 86.3*
2015: 82.6
2016: 83.4

yeah. definitely looks like a guy that cant coach QBs. bc we all know Alex Smith was always going to bust out in year 9 right?

lets never talk about this again ok? i can whip up a bar graph if youre having trouble with the numbers. using the defense as a disqualifier after you mentioned Tagovailoa and Fromm is fucking hilarious btw...a total fucking logic knot lmao.

>right, because UGA's roster is the ONLY one we can compare to
>the shit stain that is michigans's football program.

thats the one you brought up. not my fault it was retarded *shrug

>your stuck on UGA. the point you seem to be unable to grasp is
>that it doesnt take a decade to recruit and develop a
>serviceable qb, let alone a top qb.

a decade? numbers really arent your thing eh? hes had 2 full recruiting classes lol

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

3xKrazy
Charter member
21584 posts
Thu Jan-11-18 08:26 PM

20. "you're right. im stupid. harbaugh is killing it. have fun with that."
In response to Reply # 19

no sense in spending the next 30 min of my night arguing with someone who has been wrong about literally every single thing he's posted since the dick rod era...and yet still manages to ooze an inexplicable level of arrogance with each reply.

like i said this shit is like arguing with trump supporters. harbaugh has been an objective failure thus far at mich to everyone but the 20% who constitute his batshit fanbase.

that incoming 16th ranked recruiting class wouldn't indicate the probability that the future looks any brighter.

cgonz00cc
35261 posts
Thu Jan-11-18 08:49 PM

22. "you dont actually want to talk about what hes fucking up"
In response to Reply # 20

youd rather just be wrong about other shit

oh well

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

3xKrazy
Charter member
21584 posts
Sat Jan-13-18 07:26 PM

25. "no i just don't want to spend 5 hours replying to that novel long post"
In response to Reply # 22
Sat Jan-13-18 07:29 PM by 3xKrazy

in a wasted effort to get you to accept the original point which is pretty much impossible for anyone to not accept..but you've done the impossible. congrats.

harb will be back in the NFL in less than 3 years after having accomplished absolutely nothing at mich...and instead of just admitting that he sucked you'll be copping please and copying/pasting excerpts from John Q. Porkchop's tell-all book about how hard life was for harb at mich and how the deck was stacked against him and that it wasn't really his fault.

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 02:48 PM

2. "you can't really put politics aside though"
In response to Reply # 0

>Politics aside, few QB's has
>fallen further, faster than Kaep without injuries playing a
>major role.

Politics are by far the #1 reason he 'fell off'.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 03:20 PM

3. "RE: you can't really put politics aside though"
In response to Reply # 2

>>Politics aside, few QB's has
>>fallen further, faster than Kaep without injuries playing a
>>major role.
>
>Politics are by far the #1 reason he 'fell off'.
>

False.

Politics are why he is out the league.

Keep stopped looking like a wunderkind years ago. If you actually watched him play, he got worse and worse every year. How much of that should be blamed on him, and how much on Harbaugh's byzantine offensive system, is up for debate, but he definitely fell off on the field.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 03:41 PM

5. "his 'fall off' to his final year isn't remotely the biggest ever"
In response to Reply # 3

RG3 even without the injuries. Josh Freeman. I'm sure there are more. Shit you could argue Joe Flacco from that SB run.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 03:48 PM

6. "RE: his 'fall off' to his final year isn't remotely the biggest ever"
In response to Reply # 5
Sun Jan-07-18 03:53 PM by COOLEHMAGAZINE

>RG3 even without the injuries. Josh Freeman. I'm sure there
>are more. Shit you could argue Joe Flacco from that SB run.

RG3 you have an argument but he DID get injured. A lot.

Josh Freeman? What are you talking about? Did he lead a team to two NFCCG's, and almost win a Super Bowl while posting single game statistics that were legitimately otherworldly in big time games?

No, he didn't.

Did anyone ever suggest Freeman might become the GOAT QB?

No, they didn't.

And Joe Flacco? Come on, man. Flacco is a poor man's Eli. That's what people thought before the little playoff run, and that's what he has been since. He had a hot couple games. No one ever thought Joe Flacco was the future. He right were we all always thought he would be.

Ravens had to pay the man because he had just won a SB. The fact that he was playing without an extension really shows what Baltimore expected.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 04:11 PM

7. "RE: his 'fall off' to his final year isn't remotely the biggest ever"
In response to Reply # 6
Sun Jan-07-18 04:18 PM by smutsboy

Most of your argument seems based on nebulous claims from "people" and what some folks "said".

Meanwhile I was told right here on these boards that from 2012 onwards, Flacco would be better than Drew fucking Brees.

Flacco had probably the best playoff run in *NFL history* on his way to winning SB MVP. How that's different from Kaep's handful of good games over two seasons, you'll have to break down for me.

As for Freeman: after throwing for 27 TDs and 4,000 yards in 2012, he proceeded to play in 5 (!) more games in his entire *career* before being forcefully retired.

How that's less of a drop off than Kaep having a few good playoffs (11 total TDs in 6 games, 87.3 QB rating) and then becoming a mediocre QB in a fucked up system is also something I guess we'll just have to disagree on.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 04:21 PM

8. "RE: his 'fall off' to his final year isn't remotely the biggest ever"
In response to Reply # 7

>Most of your argument seems based on nebulous claims from
>"people" and what some folks "said".
>
>Meanwhile I was told right here on these boards that from 2012
>onwards, Flacco would be better than Drew fucking Brees.
>
>Flacco had probably the best playoff run in *NFL history* on
>his way to winning SB MVP. How that's different from Kaep's
>handful of good games, you'll have to break down for me.

Keep owned a playoff run, then came back and ripped it for a whole season. Keep didn't have a preceding period of mediocrity and decentness, like Flacco. Keep hit the ground running 100 mph.

Can break down further if needed.

>
>As for Freeman: after throwing for 27 TDs and 4,000 yards in
>2012, he proceeded to play in 5 (!) more games in his entire
>*career* before being forcefully retired.

Freeman had one good season for a fluke team that involved a coach and star running back who never came close to that success before or after. They didn't win anything in postseason.

Keep's electrifying tenure at the helm of one of the best NFL teams of this era (1 SuperBowl, 3 NFCCG's, Crabtree v. Sherman, the lights going off in the SB, Harbaugh's rise and fall, a legendary defense for a team that will definitely have it's own 30-for-30) is not really comparable.

Kaepernick is the reason Rodgers only has one ring. He went over 500 total yards in Lambeau and eliminated a 15-1 Packers juggernaut. Then beat em again.

Harbaugh picking Kaepernick over Alex Smith was THE story for about two years.

Josh Freeman tho?

>
>How that's less of a drop off than Kaep having a few good
>playoffs and then becoming a mediocre QB in a fucked up system
>is also something I guess we'll just have to disagree on.
>

Come on fam…Josh Freeman??

will_5198
Charter member
63111 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 04:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "that was Eli."
In response to Reply # 8

>Kaepernick is the reason Rodgers only has one ring. He went
>over 500 total yards in Lambeau and eliminated a 15-1 Packers
>juggernaut.

--------

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 04:34 PM

10. "RE: that was Eli."
In response to Reply # 9

Sorry, sorry, they did it back to back but I got my years wrong.

Still tho, no Freeman comparisons are going to be accepted.

smutsboy
33301 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 04:43 PM

11. "2011 was Alex Smith. "
In response to Reply # 8
Sun Jan-07-18 04:47 PM by smutsboy

Kaep only made the playoffs twice.

So your mission here is for a guy with 6 career playoff games. Exactly two *good at best* regular seasons (avg 25 TDs a season, never even hit 4,000 combined yards in a single season).

Meanwhile, you write off all other evidence as "flukey", then talk about the stadium lights (lol) and a defensive unit he didn't play on.

You've given me nothing worth responding to.

Kaep had two decent seasons. He is pretty clearly not one of the most epic drop offs in NFL history.

Peace.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Sun Jan-07-18 04:53 PM

12. "RE: 2011 was Alex Smith. "
In response to Reply # 11

>Kaep only made the playoffs twice.

I was talking about the team. To provide context for why you shouldn't even be mentioning Josh Freeman.

>
>So your mission here is for a guy with 6 career playoff games.
>Exactly two *good at best* regular seasons (avg 25 TDs a
>season, never even hit 4,000 combined yards in a single
>season).

Oh and a Super Bowl…in two years. Yeah, that's pretty great. No idea what you are talking about.

These were run-first teams.

How Josh Freeman best two years stack up though?

>
>Meanwhile, you write off all other evidence as "flukey", then
>talk about the stadium lights (lol)

Pretty memorable Super Bowl moment for everyone else. Not you, I guess. But yeah, Josh Freeman, huh?

and a defensive unit he
>didn't play on.
>
>You've given me nothing worth responding to.

You gave me Josh Freeman, so lord knows what you are complaining about.

>
>Kaep had two decent seasons. He is pretty clearly not one of
>the most epic drop offs in NFL history.

Nice shifting of goalposts and context. I said "sans injury"

Anyway, I responded because of the ridiculous comparisons you made. You watched a different league than I did if you think his career arc is similar to Josh Freeman

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6379 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 08:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "Kaep was also injured too"
In response to Reply # 6

>>RG3 even without the injuries. Josh Freeman. I'm sure there
>>are more. Shit you could argue Joe Flacco from that SB run.
>
>RG3 you have an argument but he DID get injured. A lot.
>
>
>Josh Freeman? What are you talking about? Did he lead a team
>to two NFCCG's, and almost win a Super Bowl while posting
>single game statistics that were legitimately otherworldly in
>big time games?
>
>No, he didn't.
>
>
>Did anyone ever suggest Freeman might become the GOAT QB?
>
>No, they didn't.
>
>
>And Joe Flacco? Come on, man. Flacco is a poor man's Eli.
>That's what people thought before the little playoff run, and
>that's what he has been since. He had a hot couple games. No
>one ever thought Joe Flacco was the future. He right were we
>all always thought he would be.
>
>Ravens had to pay the man because he had just won a SB. The
>fact that he was playing without an extension really shows
>what Baltimore expected.

but i won't distort this with facts.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Tue Jan-09-18 09:40 PM

17. "RE: Kaep was also injured too"
In response to Reply # 16

>>>RG3 even without the injuries. Josh Freeman. I'm sure
>there
>>>are more. Shit you could argue Joe Flacco from that SB run.
>
>>
>>RG3 you have an argument but he DID get injured. A lot.
>>
>>
>>Josh Freeman? What are you talking about? Did he lead a team
>>to two NFCCG's, and almost win a Super Bowl while posting
>>single game statistics that were legitimately otherworldly
>in
>>big time games?
>>
>>No, he didn't.
>>
>>
>>Did anyone ever suggest Freeman might become the GOAT QB?
>>
>>No, they didn't.
>>
>>
>>And Joe Flacco? Come on, man. Flacco is a poor man's Eli.
>>That's what people thought before the little playoff run,
>and
>>that's what he has been since. He had a hot couple games. No
>>one ever thought Joe Flacco was the future. He right were we
>>all always thought he would be.
>>
>>Ravens had to pay the man because he had just won a SB. The
>>fact that he was playing without an extension really shows
>>what Baltimore expected.
>
>but i won't distort this with facts.

He got injured but in no way was his decline the result of injuries, which is what we are talking about here. Injuries was part of how he lost in starting job to Gabbert…but that says everything already.

Lots of guys have gotten injured before. Jay Cutler got injured a lot, but that's not what held his career back.

Players like RG3 or Trent Green, you don't really know what they might have been had they been healthy.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Jan-11-18 08:47 PM

21. "Right, really just a dumb, random, reaching post lol"
In response to Reply # 2

>>Politics aside, few QB's has
>>fallen further, faster than Kaep without injuries playing a
>>major role.
>
>Politics are by far the #1 reason he 'fell off'.
>

roamr1
Charter member
18832 posts
Mon Jan-08-18 02:39 PM

13. "i think any long time niner fan can agree..."
In response to Reply # 0

that it is not surprising at all that when the time comes for alex to hang it up, he will have put together a respectable 10+ year career with neither high highs or low lows (save for the first few in SF). he will never live up to the #1 pick status (esp given what rodgers has done) nor will people say he was a "bad" qb. this is what the niners lived w/ for 7 years and, when kaep's time came, it came partly due to QB expectations in SF have always been and will always be way too high.

that's all to say that (paraphrasing) alex smith is who we thought he is.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Thu Jan-11-18 09:15 PM

23. "RE: i think any long time niner fan can agree..."
In response to Reply # 13

And the other two? Are you more or less surprised by where they are now? And how everyone got to where they are?

rzaroch36
Member since Jan 26th 2005
2462 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 08:22 PM

24. "RE: Alex-Harbaugh-Keep"
In response to Reply # 0

>
>After that monster playoff upset of the Packers Kaepernick was
>going to change the game, and in some ways he did, just not
>anywhere near a football field. Politics aside, few QB's has
>fallen further, faster than Kaep without injuries playing a
>major role.

Kaep had injuries. He also won many more games after that first Packers playoff game.

The Eagles had 1 month to get Kaep up to speed.

The Jags had all year.

Where will he play next year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34&feature=related
^^^ever walked the streets of...

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2636653 Previous topic | Next topic