Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2347978

Subject: "Russell 3X is killing 2014" Previous topic | Next topic
Brother Grifter
Member since Apr 07th 2003
2118 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Russell 3X is killing 2014"

Super Bowl win? Check

Divorce wife before signing multimillion dollar deal? Check

Nail the inevitable race question better than any other young Black QB? Check

Bonus for dropping a little history lesson too.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/07/09/nfl-history-in-95-objects-russell-wilson-race/

From the Akron Pros to the Seattle Seahawks: Race and the NFL
July 9, 2014 by Russell Wilson
When the Super Bowl ended last February, after celebrating with my teammates on the field for a few minutes and seeing our owner, Paul Allen, hoist the Lombardi Trophy, it was time to do one big press conference and a lot more individual interviews at my locker in MetLife Stadium. I’m not certain how long I spoke to the press, but it was longer than an hour, easily. I got questions about what it felt like to beat Peyton Manning (I didn’t; our team did), about how dominant our offense and defense were, about specific plays in the game, about being just 25 and winning the Super Bowl … and about a hundred other things too.

But as I thought back afterward, there was one question I didn’t get:

What does it feel like to be the second African-American quarterback to win a Super Bowl?

The amazing thing was, I knew. I knew, after the game, the history of it. It matters because our world is changing—for the better. America’s hearts are changing, and the NFL is changing too. The NFL is moving forward.

But it was interesting that no one talked about the black quarterback thing—at least to me—until our team visited the White House in May. President Obama said something about it that day: “Russell became only the second African-American quarterback ever to win a Super Bowl. And the best part about it is nobody commented on it, which tells you the progress that we’ve made, although we’ve got more progress to make.’’

President Obama was right on both counts. It’s a great story that probably is even greater because America isn’t talking about it. I knew that only one black quarterback, Doug Williams, had won a Super Bowl before our victory. I know history, and I know football history. I didn’t want to win the Super Bowl just because of the racial element, although I know that is significant. The Seattle Seahawks winning their first Super Bowl—that was the most important thing to me. Not me being such a young quarterback, or beating Peyton Manning, or not being the prototypical size for a quarterback. Nothing like that. I wanted to win because I wanted to win for my team.

I believe the culture has changed in America, and in the NFL. Nowhere can you see that more than in Seattle. I can tell you without reservation that Paul Allen and our GM, John Schneider, and our coach, Pete Carroll, don’t care what race you are, what color you are. They only care about performance. And yes, there is more progress to be made by minorities in the NFL, but I’m writing this story because I think that in the short time I’ve been in the league, I see a league and individual teams judging people for what they do, not what color they are or how tall they are or anything other than what happens on the field.

You know how I know that? From our practice field in Renton, Wash., throughout this spring.

The five quarterbacks in camp with us had something in common:

Me, African-American.
Tarvaris Jackson, African-American.
Terrelle Pryor, African-American.
B.J. Daniels, African-American.
Keith Price, African-American.

We call ourselves “The Jackson 5.” I play the role of Michael Jackson. It’s not that Coach Carroll and John Schneider purposely did that. They put the best guys they could find on the roster to help the Seahawks win. But really, considering the history of the league and the quarterback position, how crazy is it that one team has five quarterbacks in camp, and all are African-American?

I believe that says so much about the state of the NFL today.

A generation ago, could you have imagined an NFL roster with five black quarterbacks? We’re not the only one. The Jets could have three African-American quarterbacks on the roster on opening day. Buffalo and Minnesota, in the past two drafts, have spent first-round picks on African-American quarterbacks of the future. We had two NFC playoff games last year featuring African-American quarterbacks starting for each team—Carolina (Cam Newton) and San Francisco (Colin Kaepernick), and then San Francisco and Seattle for the conference championship.

But this is not all about black quarterbacks. It’s about the league progressing to being more of a place where it’s about ability first, second and third, and about the history of a league that has had some blind spots when it comes to race to be sure—but probably has been a little more progressive over the years than you think.

In 1920, the team photo of the first-place team in the league that would eventually become the NFL had a black face among the players: Fritz Pollard, who played for the Akron Pros. That’s 27 years before Jackie Robinson suited up for the Brooklyn Dodgers. It’s hard for me to go back in history, but that is astounding—an African-American player in pro football 94 years ago. The next year Pollard became the team’s player-coach. A year before Robinson played in Brooklyn, two more pro football teams—the Los Angeles Rams and the Cleveland Browns—signed African-American players.

Since then it’s been a struggle at times, but we’ve seen the Rooney Rule make every team have to interview an African-American candidate when there’s a head-coach opening. We’ve seen teams like Pittsburgh, Oakland and Kansas City scout the predominantly black colleges to give some Hall of Fame players a shot at making it great. One of those players, Doug Williams from Grambling, turned out to be the first African-American quarterback to win a Super Bowl. That was 27 years ago, in Super Bowl XXII. What a trailblazer he was for all the minority quarterbacks who came after him: It’s the mark of a great player that he can have a great game in the biggest game of his life, and he threw four touchdown passes that day to beat Denver 42–10.

To get to where I’ve gotten, I’ve had so much help from standing on the shoulders of people like Doug Williams, James Harris, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick and so many others.

But I also think in my case, my background and my family is so vital in getting to this point. That’s probably similar to a lot of players.

My family pushed me on the football field, on the baseball field, on every field. I had two very purpose-driven, faith-based parents, put on earth for a specific reason. They raised me to believe that it doesn’t matter where you come from; it matters where you’re going … and can you produce when you get there.

The word “color-blind” throws me off a little bit. My family definitely educated me about the world and what it was like out there. Education was always crucial to our family. My grandfather was a military guy who was an educated man and went on to be the president of Norfolk State University for 22 years. My grandmother was a professor at Old Dominion University. My grandmother, who was from Jackson, Miss., used to have to read old and outdated textbooks at school. At night she would bring home the more updated textbooks from the white schools and study those—then bring them back to their places in the morning. That’s how my mom and dad grew up, with the idea that education was the most valuable thing you could have.

But “color-blind’’ is not the right term. I certainly realized people’s color. My parents told me, “Don’t judge people based on their color. God created everybody.” I wasn’t naïve. I was educated on being African-American. I knew everything about Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King. I grew up in Richmond, the capital of the Confederacy. You realized it was … a little bit different. The way I was raised, though, was about treating people the right way. Yes sir, no sir, work your tail off. It didn’t matter if I was black, white, Latino—and when some people meet me they think I’m Latino.

When I was really young, I knew this was something I wanted to do, and hopefully somebody would give me a shot. But I didn’t stress about it. God put me on earth to be the best person and best player I could be, and I was raised to understand that if I had the ability, I would get a shot. I have had people say derogatory things to me. I heard degrading words on the road in college, in both baseball and football. Most of it came from the opposing fans. But it was nothing that any other player didn’t hear. Did I let it get to me? No. Others before me—civil rights leaders, other quarterbacks—fought for my right to do what I am doing, and they had to take far more abuse than I did. I am grateful for them.

Today, I don’t look at myself as a black guy, or a black quarterback. I look at myself as a person, and a quarterback. My attitude is if I want to be the best, I’ve got to beat the best. And it has nothing to do with color.

When I joined the Seahawks, I remember walking into the huddle and seeing all the different faces. Here I am, 23, an African-American, a strong Christian. Our center, Max Unger, is from Hawaii. Our running back, Marshawn Lynch, is African-American, from the inner city in Oakland. Zach Miller, the tight end, is a white guy from Phoenix. I don’t care if they’re white, black, Christian, Jewish, atheist. It has no effect how I view them. They’re there for me, I’m there for them. All I want to know is: Are they great teammates? I think we’re all fortunate to have been picked by a team that’s shown over and over that only one thing matters: performance.

I’ll never forget Coach Carroll’s words the day I was drafted. We talked right after the pick. He told me that he believed in me and wanted me to come into camp and compete for the job. He promised me that that if I competed at the highest level I would have a chance to start.

These were his exact words: “I will play the best players. If you’re the best quarterback, you will start.”

Isn’t that really what every football player wants to hear from his coach?

When I got to meet the President in May we talked for about 15 minutes, about leadership, about performance, about being able to affect people’s lives. It was pretty cool—not only meeting the President, but having him notice me trying to have an impact on people.

Obviously, he’s a very intelligent man. He’s not naïve about some of the barriers. Nor am I. But what is cool is that people don’t think of him now as the “African-American President” as they think of him as “the President.” At least that’s how I see it. I think that’s important for this country, whatever your politics are.

As I stood behind the President at the White House that day, I listened to his amazing speech about the Super Bowl and our team, and it dawned on me how special this moment really was. I realized then and there how the world is changing. I feel blessed to be a small part of that change.

I’m a quarterback. It’s not about color anymore. This off-season, I’ve worked as hard as I can to become a better player. I have to. I know what the situation is with coach Carroll: He’s going to play the best guy. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. The culture is going in the right direction, and the league is going in the right direction. The best player plays. So there is no time to sleep.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
props for this. he articulated this much better than kaepernick
Jul 09th 2014
You misspelled Robert Griffin III
Jul 09th 2014
      yup RGIII avoided tackling the subject directly
Jul 09th 2014
powerful. dude's already become one of my favorite athletes ever.
Jul 09th 2014
^^^
Jul 09th 2014
* sheds tears * tha..tha...that's my quarterback, man (c) T.O.
Jul 09th 2014
https://www.photospin.com/content/illustrations/full/307_2762813.jpg
Jul 09th 2014
only state player i'll ever cheer for.
Jul 09th 2014
the community needs more of this work ethic:
Jul 09th 2014
Love it. I am printing this for my son and nephew to read.
Jul 09th 2014
This is so good I actually read the whole thing
Jul 10th 2014
Russell (A)rm-(L)eg-(L)eg-(A)rm-(H)ead (Domestic abuse piece)
Oct 03rd 2014
Kid is SOOOO fucking smart
Oct 03rd 2014
http://tinyurl.com/t206qb
Oct 03rd 2014
NY Media is hating on this piece and on Jeter's website in general
Oct 03rd 2014
The reason the media is hating is because
Oct 03rd 2014
      yup...time to update that resume (c) brooklynwhat
Oct 03rd 2014
      yup...and more athletes are realizing it's good to be a smart jock...
Oct 03rd 2014
Yeah, this was pretty great
Oct 03rd 2014
this is what any of Goodell's statements should have looked like
Oct 03rd 2014
damn OE, they saying your boy 3X ain't "black-ish enough"...
Oct 24th 2014
"they" wrong and ignant
Oct 24th 2014
Fake Ass Rocket Ismail needs to take some Advil...
Oct 24th 2014
The only uncle toms are the dumb gold teeth and dreads niggas whining
Oct 24th 2014
RE: The only uncle toms are the dumb gold teeth and dreads niggas whinin...
Oct 24th 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lock Post, Archive.
Oct 24th 2014
^^^^
Oct 24th 2014
TO also publicly called Jeff Garcia a homo & revolted against Andy Reid
Oct 24th 2014
TO wasn't as bad to ANYONE as he was McNabb.
Oct 24th 2014
      he begged 49ers to cut Garcia & called him a faggot in Playboy Magazine
Oct 24th 2014
           Ok. Your onion breath bias is not lost in this convo, though.
Oct 24th 2014
                I been outta Philly ten years now, O_Dawg, those are scallions ;) n/m
Oct 24th 2014
TO bytched about Romo constantly targeting Witten
Oct 24th 2014
First thing came to my mind as I read this - I maintain that these
Oct 24th 2014
apparently he has his own "inner circle/team/entourage" a la Lebron...
Oct 24th 2014
Uh oh - I could see how (if true) that wouldn't endear him to his *blk*
Oct 24th 2014
The only reason I've heard is that he's too close to the brass (npi)
Oct 24th 2014
a) they're his childhood friends
Oct 24th 2014
Not really. Black people actually love yellas and good hair.
Oct 24th 2014
      I'd say there's more ENVY and RESENTMENT towards light/er
Oct 24th 2014
           No the fuck there isn't. Don't nobody envy or resent lightskinned niggas
Oct 24th 2014
           There is zero empirical evidence for that, but believe what you want.
Oct 24th 2014
                It's not a matter of belief though - what do you think Spike Lee's
Oct 24th 2014
Fire up that O'Bryan
Oct 24th 2014
Again, dumb gold teeth NIGGERS LOVE the white man.
Oct 24th 2014
      ^^^^^^^
Oct 24th 2014
Pissed to hear bout this nignorance but still gotta kick outta this
Oct 24th 2014
lol wow
Oct 24th 2014
that was an a+ tweet. even my wife saw it and laughed...
Oct 24th 2014
Russ is black in one of the most old school ways a nigga can be black
Oct 24th 2014
ha, did you put this on twitter? I feel like I saw it on there too
Oct 24th 2014
Yeah, I did
Oct 24th 2014
      thought so, do we have a start-date on gold teeth or dreads btw?
Oct 24th 2014
           We need Chike on this one
Oct 24th 2014
                someone gotta send him a kite in GD or tweet em, I never see him in here
Oct 24th 2014
Archive. This nigga said "Madame CJ Walker."
Oct 24th 2014
hahahahaha
Oct 24th 2014
ha.
Oct 24th 2014
Whitlock's $0.02...:
Oct 24th 2014
I have more than enough faith that 3X will conquer this too
Oct 24th 2014
Michael Irvin just came thru and kicked down the buildings (I'm dying!!!...
Oct 24th 2014
YES
Oct 24th 2014
The ", dummy" just fully seals the ether
Oct 24th 2014
yoooooooooo
Oct 24th 2014
full audio
Oct 24th 2014
Shit
Oct 24th 2014
wow lol
Oct 24th 2014
Mike, what he say, "low, stinking, thinking"? Killed those fools
Oct 25th 2014
hahahahahahahaahah - Mike is crazy as shit... hahaha
Jan 22nd 2015
Goddamn, lol
Jan 23rd 2015
10-0 Against Super Bowl QBs? Check!
Jan 19th 2015
Yes, he was amazing in that four pick plus a fumble performance
Jan 21st 2015
      when your 4th qtr is good enough to win after all that
Jan 21st 2015
      I'm saying, the fact that he had a QB rating of 7 like halfway thru the ...
Jan 21st 2015
      because of Beast Mode, an INT & an onsides kick going your way? Ok.
Jan 21st 2015
           I gotta agree...Russell is a very good QB but we gotta be honest
Jan 22nd 2015
           Y'all acting like Russ is just lucky or something.
Jan 22nd 2015
                he's damn lucky to be playing in the SB after that performance
Jan 22nd 2015
                     reply #73.
Jan 22nd 2015
                          Russell Willtowinson
Jan 23rd 2015
                               Did you see NFL Turning Point on NBC Sports the other day?
Jan 23rd 2015
                                    Missed that but heard about it. Been busy bookin the zona trip.
Jan 23rd 2015
                                         not heading down.
Jan 23rd 2015
                                              no tix yet but hopefully in the works, hawks staff allotment got cut
Jan 23rd 2015
                                                   good luck with that man. i hope you get it
Jan 23rd 2015
                                                        Thanks Pro...I know how ya feel w/ those Seahawk superstitions too
Jan 23rd 2015
           no, because of his ZR running and perfect passes to Lynch and Kearse
Jan 22nd 2015
                Not impressive enuff 4 the outing to not be considered terrible overall
Jan 23rd 2015
      If you don't count Ben the Rapist's Super Bowl outing as a playoff game
Jan 22nd 2015
           that was terrible too but nah 5 turnovers in the first 55 minutes worse
Jan 23rd 2015
                Replace Rapey with...shit, Hines Ward and they still win.
Jan 23rd 2015
he loses points for being a jesus freak
Jan 21st 2015
You basing this on the headlines or what he said?
Jan 22nd 2015
      could you imagine the myth-making is ANY white qb had the same game
Jan 22nd 2015
           oh, we've seen that. a certain QB who wears a blue uniform
Jan 23rd 2015

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "props for this. he articulated this much better than kaepernick"
In response to Reply # 0

the black leaders of the seattle seahawks are winning literally and figuratively

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "You misspelled Robert Griffin III"
In response to Reply # 1

And when McNabb said something to this effect, you
sharted oniony cheese sauce

southphillyman
90059 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "yup RGIII avoided tackling the subject directly"
In response to Reply # 4

maybe if a disgruntled attention whore wasn't goading him into addressing it he would have took a position on his own volition
fortunately russell wasn't operating under that type of duress since the seahawks are smart enough not to have a scab like mcnabb around the organization

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:40 PM

2. "powerful. dude's already become one of my favorite athletes ever."
In response to Reply # 0

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:52 PM

8. "^^^"
In response to Reply # 2

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "* sheds tears * tha..tha...that's my quarterback, man (c) T.O."
In response to Reply # 0

*rubs fingers under sunglasses*

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:45 PM

5. "https://www.photospin.com/content/illustrations/full/307_2762813.jpg"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.photospin.com/content/illustrations/full/307_2762813.jpg

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:52 PM

7. "only state player i'll ever cheer for."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

dgardfrey
Member since Feb 13th 2006
6636 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 05:14 PM

9. "the community needs more of this work ethic:"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jul-09-14 05:16 PM by dgardfrey

"My grandmother was a professor at Old Dominion University. My
grandmother, who was from Jackson, Miss., used to have to read old
and outdated textbooks at school. At night she would bring home the
more updated textbooks from the white schools and study those—then
bring them back to their places in the morning."

b/w

I wish Russ would've found a writer to spruce up the article and make it read better,
but yeah, every QB on the roster is BLACK. dayum

___

Castro
Charter member
50751 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 11:54 PM

10. "Love it. I am printing this for my son and nephew to read."
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Thu Jul-10-14 12:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "This is so good I actually read the whole thing"
In response to Reply # 0

great job Russ

I'm still mad you going to white barbershops in tv commercials tho

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 12:22 AM

12. "Russell (A)rm-(L)eg-(L)eg-(A)rm-(H)ead (Domestic abuse piece)"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-03-14 12:22 AM by Orbit_Established

He's legitimately the perfect citizen-athlete.

He admits his flaws.

NEVER sounds holier-than-thou.

And yet always says the right fucking thing.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/lets-talk-about-it/

(C)Keith Murray, "

cantball
Charter member
46630 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 12:35 AM

13. "Kid is SOOOO fucking smart"
In response to Reply # 12

He should have had a national title at UW too,had they a defense

<================== MVP

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 08:53 AM

14. "http://tinyurl.com/t206qb"

http://tinyurl.com/t206qb

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 08:59 AM

15. "NY Media is hating on this piece and on Jeter's website in general"

And Isola wrote a column in today's DN basically saying that melo attacked the media (he kinda did) when the media protected him last season and is the reason why Felton, Chandler and Woody are gone but Melo isn't lol.

These dudes are so salty.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 10:04 AM

17. "The reason the media is hating is because"
In response to Reply # 15

The media is realizing with all the new technologies, athletes no longer need the media to spread the message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 10:11 AM

18. "yup...time to update that resume (c) brooklynwhat"
In response to Reply # 17

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 10:50 AM

19. "yup...and more athletes are realizing it's good to be a smart jock..."
In response to Reply # 17

and control your own narrative.

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 09:03 AM

16. "Yeah, this was pretty great"

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Fri Oct-03-14 11:15 AM

20. "this is what any of Goodell's statements should have looked like"

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 09:43 AM

21. "damn OE, they saying your boy 3X ain't "black-ish enough"..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/22/russell-wilson-is-black-enough-seahawks-players-allegedly-say/

BrooklynWHAT
85076 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 09:51 AM

22. ""they" wrong and ignant"
In response to Reply # 21

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 09:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
23. "Fake Ass Rocket Ismail needs to take some Advil..."

and take his mad ass on to Forgotten Football Player Land

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 10:26 AM

24. "The only uncle toms are the dumb gold teeth and dreads niggas whining"

They wouldn't be acting like that to Hasselbeck or
a white QB

Same with TO and McNabb

TO was crying like a pussy when it was Romo fucking up

Like I said: Dumb uncle toms think black people are more
within reach, while they revere the the white man

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 10:45 AM

25. "RE: The only uncle toms are the dumb gold teeth and dreads niggas whinin..."
In response to Reply # 24

http://makeameme.org/media/created/Thats-my-Teammate.jpg

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 11:56 AM

27. "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Lock Post, Archive."

Vizionz28
Charter member
4789 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 12:58 PM

34. "^^^^"

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 02:59 PM

38. "TO also publicly called Jeff Garcia a homo & revolted against Andy Reid"

TO is/was a nut.

Making that whole mess just another racial microcosm sorta simplifies and belies the facts/nuances/evidence those of us who watched the situation closely have at hand.

First and foremost, Eagle Management knew or should have known who TO was and that they could have quashed the whole thing by simply taking the dude out to dinner, telling him what he wanted to hear to feel important and then simply moving some of that back-end money of the bargain-bin contract he had already outperformed up to the front in the 2005 offseason after TO's heroic performance in the Super Bowl playing with screws in his bone on a still-broken leg........in doing so TO gets pacified, his new agent Rosenhaus gets paid and the TO/#5 saga never gets into public-sniping.

McNabb loses easily the single-best weapon he ever had and best receiver in the game by making the fatal mistake of putting his own personal ego/emotional-insecurity/professional-jealously above his and his team's best interests in the aftermath, which divided the locker-room and resulted in his hoe card being pulled in public (something that his refusal to utilize his mobility advantages after his first few seasons due to not wanting to be considered the racially-loaded 'running quarterback' also put on display).

As a result, literally everyone involved lost.

TO never again won a playoff game while his reputation as a team cancer bouncing from bad to worse organizations became set in stone to the point he became blackballed from a league he still could have played in for another four to five years after spending his final three seasons with Jerry's Kids, the Bad News Bengals and the sorry-ass Bills in front of increasingly shrinking audiences.

An Eagle team that in the first five years of the Reid/McNabb partnership had won four straight division titles, been to four straight NFC Championship games and just played in a Super Bowl the Patriots barely won even though they cheated became an Eagle team that would win just two division titles (both without Donovan McNabb) and just three total playoff games over Andy Reid's final eight seasons in Philadelphia.

McNabb never again was amongst the elite or made a Pro Bowl legitimately (he made as an injury-replacement to an injury-replacement in 2009 when both Favre & Romo declined trips to Hawaii in 2009), the Eagles actually had a better record playing without him in the second half of his tenure in Philly and he embarrassed himself in wash-out stints in DC (replaced by Rex Grossman in mid-season) and Minnesota (quitting the team & ending up out of football for good at just 33 years old after being benched following a 1-5 start with a team Favre at age 41 had just played with in an NFC Championship Game).

As a result:
-TO will end up in Hall of Fame but was on an afternoon TV talkshow trying to beg/cry his way out of bankruptcy.
-The Philadelphia Eagles and the City of Philadelphia have still yet to win/witness their team hoist a Lombardi Trophy.
-Andy Reid will likely retire being viewed historically more like Marty Shottenheimer than like his mentor Mike Holmgren.
-Donovan McNabb will never see a ceremony in Canton without buying a ticket (unless BDawk gets him a guest pass or he makes up with TO before his induction day comes).

Sadness Abounds, FAIL All Arounds.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:07 PM

41. "TO wasn't as bad to ANYONE as he was McNabb. "
In response to Reply # 38
Fri Oct-24-14 03:11 PM by Orbit_Established

And its because country coonish African Americans would
rather attack a black authority figure than a white one,
because centuries of racism has created this weird fear of
standing up to white authority.

Accepted blacks are within reach...they can be touched.

So these low IQ coons go in on them RATHER THAN the people
REALLY causing the fucking problems.

This isn't a lot different than what Dame Dash talks about
in rap, with rap beefs being this sad manifestation of cats
being mad at the WRONG person.

EDIT: Fuck you been, hit me up

(C)Keith Murray, "

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:27 PM

47. "he begged 49ers to cut Garcia & called him a faggot in Playboy Magazine"
In response to Reply # 41

He told reporters that McNabb got tired in the Super Bowl and expressed his disappointment in the locker-room that his QB didn't support him on his efforts to restructure his contract.

We'll have to agree to disagree with which of those two scenarios was actually worse from a personal affront standpoint.

Now I will always cede the floor to you on black inner-racial implications/dynamics, you study/breathe/live in that prism while I (at best) simply observe/learn/visit.

Nevertheless everything I typed above in regards to the Eagles/TO/McNabb decable is unfortunately the hard-learned truth, in a situation where if just one of any three sides could have done something differently it changes their shared/individual history forever.......frustratingly none did and as a result all lost.

However, like The Scorpion and The Frog parable, TO's nuttiness was the one known quantity we had on hand, the President/GM/Coach along with the QB/Captain were the two sides whose reactions to the tights-wearing/gradmother-raised diva receiver actually caused surprise and in doing so damaged their own fortunes in the process by how badly they misplayed it.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:29 PM

48. "Ok. Your onion breath bias is not lost in this convo, though. "
In response to Reply # 47

But do you

(C)Keith Murray, "

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:32 PM

51. "I been outta Philly ten years now, O_Dawg, those are scallions ;) n/m"
In response to Reply # 48

SeV
Charter member
50215 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 06:00 PM

58. "TO bytched about Romo constantly targeting Witten"

It's the reason he was cut in the 1st place

geezus

do u just make up bullshyt on the fly or us this shyt scripted?

I swear u don't even watch sports sometimes

its just an avenue for u to argue

but im banned tho.

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 11:47 AM

26. "First thing came to my mind as I read this - I maintain that these"

alleged comments coming from his teammates has more to do w/how he looks vs his attitude/perspective

Blk ppl (sadly) tend to question or make judgements abt the authenticity of another blk person's "blkness" oftentimes based on something as frivolous as their physical appearance (can't be too light/can't speak the king's english too well/hair can't be too curly or straight)

Of course there's exceptions (McNabb)

Obama went through the same thing early on in the 2008 campaign from blk ppl

There's been hints of this type of thinking concerning Blake Griffin

I'd love to hear reason(s) why they feel this way (if true) abt Russell...because I know they wouldn't have any legitimate one(s)

grassrootsphilosopher

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 11:59 AM

28. "apparently he has his own "inner circle/team/entourage" a la Lebron..."
In response to Reply # 26

who happen to be all white and he doesn't really socialize with his teammates....

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/26/russell-wilson-entourage-seattle-seahawks

vee-lover
20388 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 12:15 PM

30. "Uh oh - I could see how (if true) that wouldn't endear him to his *blk*"
In response to Reply # 28

teammates

>who happen to be all white and he doesn't really socialize
>with his teammates....
>
>http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/26/russell-wilson-entourage-seattle-seahawks

grassrootsphilosopher

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:44 PM

53. "The only reason I've heard is that he's too close to the brass (npi)"
In response to Reply # 30

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:51 PM

54. "a) they're his childhood friends"
In response to Reply # 28

b) This is where he went to school K-12 http://www.collegiate-va.org/page

c)keeping your childhood friends as your entourage is the blackest shit ever

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 12:15 PM

31. "Not really. Black people actually love yellas and good hair. "
In response to Reply # 26

Even in our leadership.

Leaders, people highly regarded (by blacks) and the highest
paid in just about every profession (except sports) are lighter.

And you're overlooking the most famous example of this "black
enough" dynamic ever: Ali-Frazier. It was the fairer-skinned
Muhammad Ali who had everyone hating the darker and less
attractive Joe Frazier, called him "the less black" one. You
can't just pick and choose what examples you want. The biggest
one ever works in opposition of your assertion.

>Blk ppl (sadly) tend to question or make judgements abt the
>authenticity of another blk person's "blkness" oftentimes
>based on something as frivolous as their physical appearance
>(can't be too light/can't speak the king's english too
>well/hair can't be too curly or straight)

They also discriminate in the other direction--beauty and
intelligence--based on darkness.

See: Frazier, Rachel Jeantel, etc (ridiculed by black people
as badly or worse than whites)

>Of course there's exceptions (McNabb)

No, not an exception at all.

>Obama went through the same thing early on in the 2008
>campaign from blk ppl

Nah, that was almost entirely hype. Black community was
behind him from pretty much the beginning. And
his trouble getting going in Chicago early on in his career
were about him being labeled a carpet bagger, same thing
that had Hilary off to a slow start in New York

>There's been hints of this type of thinking concerning Blake
>Griffin

LOL -- from who? Kobe actually gets that "black enough" stuff
more than Blake Griffin does.

>I'd love to hear reason(s) why they feel this way (if true)
>abt Russell...because I know they wouldn't have any legitimate
>one(s)

vee-lover
20388 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 02:53 PM

36. "I'd say there's more ENVY and RESENTMENT towards light/er"
In response to Reply # 31
Fri Oct-24-14 03:06 PM by vee-lover

skinned blk ppl than love - this has been historically true

Being born and raised in the south and now living in a city (New Orleans dark skin blks and Creoles) where this type of intra-racial attitude is reflected in the social culture, I can tell you firsthand it's more envy for/self-hatred of themselves than love for light skin blk ppl

>Even in our leadership.
>
>Leaders, people highly regarded (by blacks) and the highest
>paid in just about every profession (except sports) are
>lighter.

But it's not like blk ppl are hiring or putting those ppl in those positions - don't forget that white ppl have always preferred fair-skinned blk ppl to darker-skinned blk ppl when it comes to hiring practices

>And you're overlooking the most famous example of this "black
>enough" dynamic ever: Ali-Frazier. It was the fairer-skinned
>Muhammad Ali who had everyone hating the darker and less
>attractive Joe Frazier, called him "the less black" one. You
>can't just pick and choose what examples you want. The
>biggest
>one ever works in opposition of your assertion.

But you're discounting the political climate being the reason for the opinions held by the blk community- if Ali was a regular brown/light-skinned blk guy from a *middle class* background who was just Cassuis Clay and Joe Frazier was just Joe from South Carolina, the general perceptions abt their "blackness" would be different but since we know that Ali was part of the BLACKEST ORGANIZATION in American history, not to mention he took a populace position to the Vietnam war which the vast majority of blk ppl were against ...and Joe Frazier happened to align himself w/Nixon and the pro-war advocates, we know that's what led blk ppl in general to feel the way they did abt both of them...

>>Blk ppl (sadly) tend to question or make judgements abt the
>>authenticity of another blk person's "blkness" oftentimes
>>based on something as frivolous as their physical appearance
>>(can't be too light/can't speak the king's english too
>>well/hair can't be too curly or straight)
>
>They also discriminate in the other direction--beauty and
>intelligence--based on darkness.

Of course but for different reasons than they discriminate against light skinned blks

>See: Frazier, Rachel Jeantel, etc (ridiculed by black people
>as badly or worse than whites)
>
>>Of course there's exceptions (McNabb)
>
>No, not an exception at all.
>
>>Obama went through the same thing early on in the 2008
>>campaign from blk ppl
>
>Nah, that was almost entirely hype. Black community was
>behind him from pretty much the beginning. And
>his trouble getting going in Chicago early on in his career
>were about him being labeled a carpet bagger, same thing
>that had Hilary off to a slow start in New York

No, that's not true - initially Hilary Clinton had *90%* of the blk vote because many within the blk community publicly said Barack wasn't blk enough - blk ppl didn't get on board until he won the Iowa primary...

>>There's been hints of this type of thinking concerning Blake
>>Griffin
>
>LOL -- from who? Kobe actually gets that "black enough" stuff

Mike Wilbon hinted at it - I remember there even being a debate who gets to claim him, blk or white ppl
>
>more than Blake Griffin does.

ppl only say this abt Bean because it's widely known he didn't grow up in the US and ppl have always wondered if he could understand or relate to the "blk experience" - has nothing to do w/his appearance

grassrootsphilosopher

John Forte
15361 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 02:59 PM

37. "No the fuck there isn't. Don't nobody envy or resent lightskinned niggas"
In response to Reply # 36

Lightskinned women, maybe. But don't noboy envy or resent us.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:04 PM

40. "There is zero empirical evidence for that, but believe what you want. "
In response to Reply # 36
Fri Oct-24-14 03:09 PM by Orbit_Established

You can believe what you want, really not trying to
have a 10th grade debate about race and color.

>skinned blk ppl than love - this has been historically true

Its been historically true that lighter skinned folks
are roundly preferred across the board--even within the
black community. This is 10th grade sociology here, really
not that deep, nor debatable.

>Being born and raised in the south and now living in a city
>(New Orleans dark skin blks and Creoles) where this type of
>intra-racial attitude is reflected in the social culture, I
>can tell you firsthand it's more envy/self-hatred of
>themselves than love for light skin blk ppl

I'm glad your personal experience has helped you solve
the race debate.

>But it's not like blk ppl are hiring or putting those ppl in
>those positions - don't forget that white ppl have always
>preferred fair-skinned blk ppl to darker-skinned blk ppl when
>it comes to hiring practices

>But you're discounting the political climate being the reason
>for the opinions held by the blk community- if Ali was a
>regular brown/light-skinned blk guy from a *middle class*
>background who was just Cassuis Clay and Joe Frazier was just
>Joe from South Carolina, the general perceptions abt their
>"blackness" would be different but since we know that Ali was
>part of the BLACKEST ORGANIZATION in American history, not to
>mention he took a populace position to the Vietnam war which
>the vast majority of blk ppl were against ...and Joe Frazier
>happened to align himself w/Nixon and the pro-war advocates,
>we know that's what led blk ppl in general to feel the way
>they did abt both of them...

Actually, Ali had more whites in his inner circle than
Frazier did. This has been well documented.

Ali was just being racist towards the darker skinned,
less attractive guy, and everyone--blacks and whites--bought
it.

>No, that's not true - initially Hilary Clinton had *90%* of
>the blk vote because many within the blk community publicly
>said Barack wasn't blk enough - blk ppl didn't get on board
>until he won the Iowa primary...

This isn't really debatable, Vee.

Barack didn't get any early votes (black or white) because nobody
knew who the fuck he was, and the Clintons were a political
dynasty-in-the-making. The minute Barack became a national
figure, blacks fell in line immediately. This isn't my opinion.
Blacks were his bedrock political base, and his ability to
dominate them were a big part of his early rise from fringe to
serious contender (blacks and the young far left, especially
women, are what did Hilary in. Not my opinion).

So the "Barack isn't black enough" narrative was never supported
by the data.

But again: feel how you want. I'm only telling you the
truth.

>ppl only say this abt Bean because it's widely known he didn't
>grow up in the US and ppl have always wondered if he could
>understand or relate to the "blk experience" - has nothing to
>do w/his appearance

That's precisely my point, and precisely counters yours:

Color isn't really it, because black people roundly claim
lighter skinned folks before they do dark folks all the time.
Its more about speaking, mannerisms, background, etc.

Hell, most militant blacks like Malcom over Martin, and
Malcom was at least a quadroon, with bright skin and
red hair.

vee-lover
20388 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 04:52 PM

56. "It's not a matter of belief though - what do you think Spike Lee's"
In response to Reply # 40
Fri Oct-24-14 05:17 PM by vee-lover

Movie "School Daze" was abt? It exposed an intra-racial taboo within the black community that has persisted to this very day between light skin blks and dark skin blks (maybe it's a regional issue)..and Spike experienced this himself during his time at Morehouse - dark skin blk ppl feeling as if light skin blk ppl looked down and/or thought they were better than their darker brethrens thus creating resentment

The HBCUs (Morehouse/Spelman) in Atlanta used to blatantly disciminate against dark skinned blk ppl by making it's applicants submit a photo as part of the admission process and if you were too dark chances are you weren't getting accepted - and this is a practice that existed even up in the 90s - ever heard of the 'jacks and jills" clubs that many prominent blk ppl were a part of who only allowed certain blk ppl of a certain complexion to join? That certainly created a lot of resentment within the blk community in Atlanta

>You can believe what you want, really not trying to
>have a 10th grade debate about race and color.

It ain't a belief, though, it's what I know - I have some ppl in my own family who have been afflicted w/this mindset

>>skinned blk ppl than love - this has been historically true
>
>Its been historically true that lighter skinned folks
>are roundly preferred across the board--even within the
>black community. This is 10th grade sociology here, really
>not that deep, nor debatable.
>
>>Being born and raised in the south and now living in a city
>>(New Orleans dark skin blks and Creoles) where this type of
>>intra-racial attitude is reflected in the social culture, I
>>can tell you firsthand it's more envy/self-hatred of
>>themselves than love for light skin blk ppl
>
>I'm glad your personal experience has helped you solve
>the race debate.

If only it was solved

>>But you're discounting the political climate being the
>reason

>Actually, Ali had more whites in his inner circle than
>Frazier did. This has been well documented.

What does that have to do w/blk folks and their attitude abt dark and light skinned ppl?

>Ali was just being racist towards the darker skinned,
>less attractive guy, and everyone--blacks and whites--bought
>it.

And Ali's behavior was symptomatic of an attitude amongst many blk ppl (in the south especially) towards darker skinned blk ppl...the things he was saying abt Frazier reflected how many light skinned blk ppl acted towards and discriminated against dark skinned blks

>>the blk vote because many within the blk community publicly
>>said Barack wasn't blk enough - blk ppl didn't get on board
>>until he won the Iowa primary...
>
>This isn't really debatable, Vee.
>
>Barack didn't get any early votes (black or white) because
>nobody
>knew who the fuck he was, and the Clintons were a political
>dynasty-in-the-making.

Yes, you're right, it isn't debatable. And I'm not talking abt votes, I'm just talking support because he wasn't some unknown as you're proclaiming, the build-up for him to run had begun shortly after his speech as the keynote speaker at the democratic convention in 2004 (he had rappers and Oprah already encouraging and endorsing him to run before he even announced he was going to)

Barack has said when he was a community organizer on the southside of Chicago there was skepticism on the part of those in the community abt his ability to relate to them because he "looked different" - it's been speculated by many who covered Chicago politics that that was the reason he aligned himself w/Jeremiah Wright to give him some credibility amongst the blk ppl he was serving - guarantee you that if he were "black like Bernie 'Mac" that he wouldn't have had those issues

The minute Barack became a national
>figure, blacks fell in line immediately. This isn't my
>opinion.
>Blacks were his bedrock political base, and his ability to
>dominate them were a big part of his early rise from fringe
>to
>serious contender (blacks and the young far left, especially
>women, are what did Hilary in. Not my opinion).

>
>So the "Barack isn't black enough" narrative was never
>supported
>by the data.
>
>But again: feel how you want. I'm only telling you the
>truth.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/01/michelle.obama/index.html

^^^but you can *believe* what you want...but I KNOW this was an issue for many blk folks early on

>
>>ppl only say this abt Bean because it's widely known he
>didn't
>>grow up in the US and ppl have always wondered if he could
>>understand or relate to the "blk experience" - has nothing
>to
>>do w/his appearance
>
>That's precisely my point, and precisely counters yours:
>
>Color isn't really it, because black people roundly claim
>lighter skinned folks before they do dark folks all the time.

Not in every case, but color does dictate how some in the blk community perceive other blk ppl abt where they stand on issues pertaining to blk ppl...particularly when nothing else is known abt someone except the complexion of their skin

>Its more about speaking, mannerisms, background, etc.

The socio-economic strata a person belongs to does or can influence their mannerisms/background/speaking and light skinned blk ppl have had far greater access to entering into the middle or upper classes than dark skin blk ppl...which has created resentment amongst many in the blk community
>
>Hell, most militant blacks like Malcom over Martin, and
>Malcom was at least a quadroon, with bright skin and
>red hair.

Why is that hard to believe when one was part of a radical and *militant* organization while the other was a pacifist lol

grassrootsphilosopher

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 12:03 PM

29. "Fire up that O'Bryan"

(translation: ALL ABOARD.... FOR COON TRAIN)

Russell Wilson is playing like the Ultimate "Black" QB -- running AND passing. Breaking records. And he has a ring. Already out there being great. And then this bullshit.

More time passes, it looks like the Seahawks were smart and sent Master P on his way to Football Purgatory before it could become a T.O. moment.

Russell should come out with a dis track and call it "No Listerine" to address all this doo doo breath slander hurled in his direction.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 12:21 PM

32. "Again, dumb gold teeth NIGGERS LOVE the white man. "
In response to Reply # 29

They don't like taking orders from black men

This is why black coaches can't get going in college

Because these niggerish parents prefer their kids go
to a school coached by a white person

(C)Keith Murray, "

MaxPtah
Member since Mar 06th 2007
5838 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:16 PM

46. "^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 32

Yup, I've seen this first hand in my own family when a cousin of mine wanted to go play for Croom at Miss. St. his mom nudged him on to Kentucky, smh.

----------------------------------
www.maxptah.com
"you gotta be real white to hate on a nxgga for eating." (c) okp infin8

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 12:26 PM

33. "Pissed to hear bout this nignorance but still gotta kick outta this"

https://twitter.com/DDMon710/status/525381289504165888

Vizionz28
Charter member
4789 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 12:59 PM

35. "lol wow"
In response to Reply # 33

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:14 PM

45. "that was an a+ tweet. even my wife saw it and laughed..."
In response to Reply # 33

and she never uses her twitter.

John Forte
15361 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:04 PM

39. "Russ is black in one of the most old school ways a nigga can be black"

He's good hair, light-skinned HBCU, talented-tenth Virginia black. That strand of blackness dates back to Madame CJ walker, predating gold-tooth dreadlock black by at least a couple of centuries.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:08 PM

42. "ha, did you put this on twitter? I feel like I saw it on there too"
In response to Reply # 39

>He's good hair, light-skinned HBCU, talented-tenth Virginia
>black. That strand of blackness dates back to Madame CJ
>walker, predating gold-tooth dreadlock black by at least a
>couple of centuries.

John Forte
15361 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:14 PM

44. "Yeah, I did"
In response to Reply # 42

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:30 PM

49. "thought so, do we have a start-date on gold teeth or dreads btw?"
In response to Reply # 44

John Forte
15361 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:32 PM

50. "We need Chike on this one"
In response to Reply # 49

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:35 PM

52. "someone gotta send him a kite in GD or tweet em, I never see him in here"
In response to Reply # 50

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:11 PM

43. "Archive. This nigga said "Madame CJ Walker." "

>He's good hair, light-skinned HBCU, talented-tenth Virginia
>black. That strand of blackness dates back to Madame CJ
>walker, predating gold-tooth dreadlock black by at least a
>couple of centuries.

LMAOOOO @ "a couple centuries"

(C)Keith Murray, "

Vizionz28
Charter member
4789 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 08:45 PM

61. "hahahahaha"

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 10:04 PM

66. "ha."

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 03:59 PM

55. "Whitlock's $0.02...:"

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/23/jason-whitlock-on-russell-wilson-i-could-see-how-these-issues-would-come-up/

Brother Grifter
2118 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 05:09 PM

57. "I have more than enough faith that 3X will conquer this too"

They couldn't get him on:

Running too much
Not knowing how to pass from the pocket
Not winning enough
Not winning the big one
Not being able to put the team on his back

...so they go and get some "skin and grins" that never have a problem when a white QB is correcting their errors (i.e. Cussing them out).

He'll get past this one too.

He can't lose in 2014.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 06:18 PM

59. "Michael Irvin just came thru and kicked down the buildings (I'm dying!!!..."
In response to Reply # 0

Michael Irvin on 950 KJR regarding criticism of Russell Wilson from other black players: "The QB can't do all of the junk that YOU do. That's why you never ask Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to go to titty bars with you. Don't ask Russell Wilson or RG3 or Cam Newton cuz they can't do it. They can't go in and make it rain with you, dummy."

Vizionz28
Charter member
4789 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 08:42 PM

60. "YES"
In response to Reply # 59

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 09:00 PM

62. "The ", dummy" just fully seals the ether"

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

BrooklynWHAT
85076 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 09:38 PM

63. "yoooooooooo"

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 09:46 PM

64. "full audio"
Fri Oct-24-14 09:56 PM by dula dibiasi

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/podcast-dave-softy-mahler-softy/michael-irvin-25477651/

mike killt that.

___

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 09:55 PM

65. "Shit"

(C)Keith Murray, "

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Fri Oct-24-14 10:35 PM

67. "wow lol"

Brother Grifter
2118 posts
Sat Oct-25-14 10:30 AM

68. "Mike, what he say, "low, stinking, thinking"? Killed those fools"

he dropped so many gems, but I feel he essentially flipped it on the crabs and called THEM the sell outs for trying to tear down the Black QB and destroy Black history.

Mike Dogg...

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:34 AM

77. "hahahahahahahaahah - Mike is crazy as shit... hahaha"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 07:52 PM

94. "Goddamn, lol"

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

Brother Grifter
2118 posts
Mon Jan-19-15 11:50 AM

69. "10-0 Against Super Bowl QBs? Check!"
In response to Reply # 0

11-0 next up

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Jan-21-15 12:50 AM

70. "Yes, he was amazing in that four pick plus a fumble performance"
In response to Reply # 69

which is now the new standard-bearer for worst outing by a playoff-game-winning QB.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35259 posts
Wed Jan-21-15 10:10 AM

72. "when your 4th qtr is good enough to win after all that"
In response to Reply # 70

Yeah...thats impressive

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Wed Jan-21-15 02:51 PM

73. "I'm saying, the fact that he had a QB rating of 7 like halfway thru the ..."
In response to Reply # 72

then a PERFECT QB rating the rest of the way?

that's called "man-ing the fuck up."

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Jan-21-15 09:47 PM

74. "because of Beast Mode, an INT & an onsides kick going your way? Ok."
In response to Reply # 72

I mean I'm a fan of Russell Wilson but please.

LegacyNS
38095 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:37 AM

78. "I gotta agree...Russell is a very good QB but we gotta be honest "
In response to Reply # 74
Thu Jan-22-15 11:40 AM by LegacyNS

about a few things..

Very few QBs lose that SB last year (& by very few I mean none) and he had a horrible game vs GB even if he threw the game winning TD in OT.

I love Russell but people need to slow down a bit.
<---- 5....

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:31 PM

79. "Y'all acting like Russ is just lucky or something."
In response to Reply # 78

LegacyNS
38095 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 01:56 PM

80. "he's damn lucky to be playing in the SB after that performance"
In response to Reply # 79

We all understand that it was one bad game but it WAS a bad game.. lol

That's not hate tho.. I'm a big fan of Russ..
<---- 5....

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 01:58 PM

81. "reply #73."
In response to Reply # 80

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 01:07 PM

88. "Russell Willtowinson"
In response to Reply # 81

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 01:19 PM

89. "Did you see NFL Turning Point on NBC Sports the other day?"
In response to Reply # 88
Fri Jan-23-15 01:32 PM by PROMO

What was so ill was seeing how the Hawks players really did not ever give up and believed they'd get back in the game.

On the flip side, as soon as we executed the fake FG, you could see the spirit of Green Bay start to fade and see the complacency set it.

It was kind of amazing to actually see something like that after it had been speculated on for 3 days prior.

Edit: It was also really ill to see Russell Wilson explode with some real passion since people think he's kind of a robot. "THEY DON'T WANT IT!!! MAN I WANT IT!!! I WANT THE MOTHER FUCKER!!! I AIN'T LOSIN!!!!!" https://vine.co/v/OIrP5F7M6Dh

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 03:36 PM

90. "Missed that but heard about it. Been busy bookin the zona trip."
In response to Reply # 89

You headin down there?

>What was so ill was seeing how the Hawks players really did
>not ever give up and believed they'd get back in the game.
>
>On the flip side, as soon as we executed the fake FG, you
>could see the spirit of Green Bay start to fade and see the
>complacency set it.
>
>It was kind of amazing to actually see something like that
>after it had been speculated on for 3 days prior.
>
>Edit: It was also really ill to see Russell Wilson explode
>with some real passion since people think he's kind of a
>robot. "THEY DON'T WANT IT!!! MAN I WANT IT!!! I WANT THE
>MOTHER FUCKER!!! I AIN'T LOSIN!!!!!"
>https://vine.co/v/OIrP5F7M6Dh

Yeah that was awesome. Lotta heart on both sides of the ball & it was extra sweet to finally see special teams step up w/ a couple huge plays. Quiet as kept they were an underrated key phase last year & had been a bit suspect this season up until last Sunday.

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 04:09 PM

91. "not heading down."
In response to Reply # 90

don't have the money, and even if i did, i'm still not sure if i'd go. i'm pretty superstitious about where i watch the game, LOL.

you just going to party or you going to the game too?

you're dead on about special teams this year vs. last.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 05:20 PM

92. "no tix yet but hopefully in the works, hawks staff allotment got cut "
In response to Reply # 91

from +4 last year to +2 cause of the smaller venue

didn't make the first cut but could get lucky by game time

>don't have the money, and even if i did, i'm still not sure
>if i'd go. i'm pretty superstitious about where i watch the
>game, LOL.

where do you usually watch it?

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 05:26 PM

93. "good luck with that man. i hope you get it"
In response to Reply # 92

>where do you usually watch it?
>
>
>

i always watch at home, eating the same snacks, etc. really stupid but it hasn't failed since 2012 (sure we've lost some regular season games, but those don't count, hahaha). the ONE time i didn't do it i went to a bar with some friends for the playoff game vs. Atlanta and you see how that worked out. LOL.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 10:38 PM

95. "Thanks Pro...I know how ya feel w/ those Seahawk superstitions too "
In response to Reply # 93

>
>>where do you usually watch it?
>>
>>
>>
>
>i always watch at home, eating the same snacks, etc. really
>stupid but it hasn't failed since 2012 (sure we've lost some
>regular season games, but those don't count, hahaha). the ONE
>time i didn't do it i went to a bar with some friends for the
>playoff game vs. Atlanta and you see how that worked out.
>LOL.

I went to Pesos for that game & it was off the chain. Twas not a bad spot to floss & console a loss. Stick w/ that home cookin next Sunday tho.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35259 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 02:06 PM

82. "no, because of his ZR running and perfect passes to Lynch and Kearse"
In response to Reply # 74

Playing like that at the end of a terrible outing is impressive

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 02:03 AM

85. "Not impressive enuff 4 the outing to not be considered terrible overall"
In response to Reply # 82

>Playing like that at the end of a terrible outing is
>impressive

Brother Grifter
2118 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:54 AM

75. "If you don't count Ben the Rapist's Super Bowl outing as a playoff game"
In response to Reply # 70

>which is now the new standard-bearer for worst outing by a
>playoff-game-winning QB.

I think 9/21, 123, 0TD, and 2INT is way worse for starters

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 02:02 AM

84. "that was terrible too but nah 5 turnovers in the first 55 minutes worse"
In response to Reply # 75

Brother Grifter
2118 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 12:06 PM

87. "Replace Rapey with...shit, Hines Ward and they still win."
In response to Reply # 84

he didn't do anything great to help them win.

Russell fucked up to start the game, but he made clutch throws at the end.

southphillyman
90059 posts
Wed Jan-21-15 09:15 AM

71. "he loses points for being a jesus freak"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~

Brother Grifter
2118 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:09 AM

76. "You basing this on the headlines or what he said?"
In response to Reply # 71

Deadspin and a few others took him doing the usual thanking God & prayer circle and turned it into 'God wanted us to win and made me throw those picks'.

They've tried every other tactic to trip him up.

Can't play from the pocket.
Doesn't put the team on his back.
The usual "get the Black QB to avoid talking about race".
Get some Tom-ass teammates to say he isn't Black enough.

Now they trying to turn him into Tebow for thanking God for preparation.

Cmon....

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 04:54 PM

83. "could you imagine the myth-making is ANY white qb had the same game"
In response to Reply # 76

last week?

Grit, determination, will-to-win, intangibles, the IT factor, marquee qb, elite player, blah, blah, blah

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Fri Jan-23-15 10:54 AM

86. "oh, we've seen that. a certain QB who wears a blue uniform"
In response to Reply # 83

we hear endlessly about his "4th quarter" comebacks
when for years I've seen "4th Quarter" Favring

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2347978 Previous topic | Next topic