Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13256848

Subject: "I don't like when folks say (__________ ) IS LIKE SLAVERY!!! " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79702 posts
Tue May-08-18 01:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I don't like when folks say (__________ ) IS LIKE SLAVERY!!! "
Tue May-08-18 01:53 PM by legsdiamond

I'm sorry but that shit is insensitive. Nothing is like slavery.. unless it's slavery.

especially when it comes to the NCAA or the NFL combine..

nah, that's not what slavery was like. You can leave. You can choose not to participate.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23434636/former-duke-basketball-star-wendell-carter-mother-likens-ncaa-system-slavery

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- In an emotional address on Monday at a meeting of the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics, Kylia Carter, mother of former Duke basketball star Wendell Carter, compared the current system of NCAA basketball to slavery and a prison system.

"When you remove all the bling and the bells and the sneakers and all that," she said, "you've paid for a child to come to your school to do what you wanted them to do for you, for free, and you made a lot of money when he did that, and you've got all these rules in place that say he cannot share in any of that. The only other time when labor does not get paid but yet someone else gets profits and the labor is black and the profit is white, is in slavery.

Tough talk on corruption, one-and-done, but commission misses the mark
The Commission on College Basketball addressed important issues related to the NBA draft, enforcement and grassroots basketball. The problem is it offered little in the way of clear-cut answers.

"To be honest with you," she said, "it's nauseating."

With her voice cracking at times, Carter humanized an otherwise agenda-filled morning that focused on reactions to the Rice Commission's recent report and the troubles that have plagued college basketball for decades, forcing the push for real reform following a highly publicized FBI investigation this past fall.

Donald Remy, the NCAA's chief legal officer, said the goal is to have the recommendations of the Rice Commission structured so they can be implemented by next basketball season, saying, "This is not the NCAA as usual," and "work has already begun." Carter's message, though, was that the societal and race-related problems that plague many athletes and their families run deeper than anything that could possibly be changed by August.

Carter, who played basketball at and graduated from Ole Miss, paused to collect herself and her thoughts as she told a crowded conference room filled with mainly white high-ranking university and NCAA officials about her grandmother and mother working on cotton fields in Mississippi.

"This would be even harder to say in the crowd, but I can say it here," she said in a hallway following the meeting. "It feels intentional. It feels like it was built this way intentionally. I can't move that from my thoughts.

"Should the NCAA be removed? Yes, because I don't trust it," she said. "You're not to be trusted because your intentions are clear. Let's call this group in the middle, let's call it something else. Let's put some real reform in there and call it something different and get rid of the current status quo because it's based on indentured servitude."

Former Duke star Wendell Carter's mother slammed the NCAA's system of governance during an emotional speech at the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics. AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar
Carol Cartwright, president emeritus of Kent State and Bowling Green and a co-chair for the Knight Commission, said Carter "had a very strong point of view."

"We appreciate that," Cartwright said. "We provided a forum for her to express it. We have had similar personal and passionate point of views that have been expressed before."

Carter, whose son Wendell declared for the draft on his 19th birthday and is expected to be a high pick in the NBA draft, said there isn't enough support in place for most student-athletes to make the transition from college to the pros.

"You tell me it's about education, and we're giving you this fabulous education for your son to come to school here, so you're paying him with the education for his talent," she said. "If that's what you're paying him -- you're paying him with education -- why aren't you making sure he gets it? Why aren't you assigning somebody to him so if he is a one-and-done, why didn't you automatically assign him an academic advisor so that when he leaves he's got someone in his ear talking to him about the value of that education he left behind? Wendell doesn't have that problem because I'm going to be there like a jackhammer, but all of the other kids, the thing you pay them to come to your school and do, most of them don't ever get it."

Carter said paying the players won't solve the problem.

"If you pay the players and kept the system like it is, it would still destroy them -- it would just destroy them faster," she said. "That's not the solution. Don't get me wrong, it helps, but not without educating them on this process.

"The part that baffles me ... when you leave high school and prepare for college, and then going onto the pros, that whole process is not written down anywhere."

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
me either. FOH. might be a dead end career move...albeit a lucrative one...
May 08th 2018
Co-sign...
May 08th 2018
anything
May 08th 2018
I feel like her point was a bit more nuanced, but the headline
May 08th 2018
help me get this
May 08th 2018
      RE: help me get this
May 08th 2018
           division of profit: yes
May 08th 2018
                It's not slavery, but there are a few creepy similarities
May 08th 2018
coach k got her tight
May 08th 2018
There's more things than chattel slavery though
May 08th 2018
none of those are an ncaa scholarships
May 08th 2018
RE: none of those are an ncaa scholarships
May 08th 2018
      they ARE compensated. whether its fair is another point
May 08th 2018
      Right? No one is forcing them to go to college.
May 08th 2018
      While I agree the NCAA is slimy as hell... it isn’t slavery
May 08th 2018
Definitely... and that’s why I said the only thing like slavery is sla...
May 08th 2018
Your examples have physical impediments to freedom
May 08th 2018
      AND the actual threat of death for non-compliance
May 08th 2018
I don't like when folks say the NFL Draft IS LIKE SLAVERY!!!
May 08th 2018
The combine is like the slave auction
May 08th 2018
Ole Wokety Woke ass jokers say that...
May 08th 2018
Looks like a choice to me (c) Ye
May 08th 2018
I hate in when people ask "why do athletes get paid so much?"
May 08th 2018
Weird how none of them ever ask why Dan Snyder is worth billions
May 08th 2018
Yeah...
May 08th 2018
      my wife used to say this since she was a college professor
May 09th 2018
NCAA is NOTHING like slavery. Players can choose not to participate
May 08th 2018
but because you consume mainstream media
May 08th 2018
Okay if you don’t say that is like slavery...
May 08th 2018
Pimping is the perfect label for the NCAA
May 08th 2018
      RE: Pimping is the perfect label for the NCAA
May 09th 2018
They're mistaking capitalism for slavery
May 08th 2018
it's not capitalism. There is no free market in college football
May 08th 2018
      But there is a free market for football...
May 08th 2018
           how many people got drafted from that league?
May 08th 2018
                Do they still hold open tryouts or is that a gimmick?
May 08th 2018
                     there are other ways into the NFL, but not really
May 08th 2018
                          Just thinking out loud. But I don't think that's evidence of anything
May 08th 2018
Me too, and people who call their job “the plantation”. Fuckouttaher...
May 09th 2018
I guess I need to stop saying I got my freedom papers
May 09th 2018
She must’ve found out how much Bagley was making and got mad
May 09th 2018

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Tue May-08-18 01:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "me either. FOH. might be a dead end career move...albeit a lucrative one..."
In response to Reply # 0

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22291 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:01 PM

2. "Co-sign..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-08-18 02:02 PM by Marbles

I recognize that the NCAA is a scam and corporate bigwigs are lining their pockets while suspending kids for taking modest amounts of loot. I get that and I'm on the side of the athletes.

But it's not slavery. If you don't like the way the NCAA is treating you, you can quit the team.

I hate the horrible analogy that playing any sport is like slavery. I hate the other horrible analogy that having to get up and go to my paying job is like slavery.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "anything"
In response to Reply # 0

we do ourselves a disservice

NOTHING is like slavery...but slavery

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5615 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:04 PM

4. "I feel like her point was a bit more nuanced, but the headline"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-08-18 02:07 PM by GOMEZ

is obviously pushing the more simplistic narrative. Also ESPN on some sneak shit in the way they edited her words.

Quote as swiped from Deadspin:

As we grew in this business and we pull back all the layers, and I began to see what I was actually looking at. To be honest with you, it’s nauseating.

To have the opportunity to say this and not say this, I’ll feel like I felt when I was a student-athlete at Mississippi and my friends were in classrooms being called horrific names, having food and things thrown at them as they were walking past the union. And them saying these things to me and me telling them, ‘Surely not. theres no way thats happening. this is a wonderful place. I’m having such a great time. Everything is going so wonderful. what are you talking about?’ And so I migrated to the people that were having experiences like mine instead of those that were having trouble that looked like me, that were having real struggles.

So, I say that to say, I cannot be here now and not say that when I pull back the layers, the problem I see is not with the student-athlete, it’s not with the coaches or the institutions of higher learning, but it’s with a system like the only system that I have ever seen, where the laborers are the only people that are not being compensated for the work that they do, while those in charge receive mighty compensation. The only two systems that I’ve known that to be in place is slavery and the prison system. And now I see the NCAA. The overseers of a system that is identical for that.

So it’s very difficult for me to sit here and not say that there is a problem that is sickening. But the problem isn’t being directed in the right place. And I think that it should be. And I think that the covers should be pulled back and everyone be able to see the truth and what’s happening to the student-athlete and their family. Because once these students are recruited to these institutions of higher learning—which are fantastic; I am a proponent of academic excellence, a proponent of education, a proponent of knowledge. I love it. It’s beautiful to me. That’s why my son had such a hard time selecting between Harvard and Duke, because his mother and father wanted him to go to Harvard because of the experience for a man that looks like him. Though he didn’t choose it, I am so ever grateful that he went to Duke. It was a wonderful experience and everything that he needed it to be to get him to this next level.

Still, after the infractions that they accused us of doing—something with one of the people being investigated by the FBI. But I was still flabbergasted at the people that were being indicted. I knew some of those people.... I know for a fact that this has been going on since I was being recruited. I’m a female, so I know that the recruitment was vastly for male athletes, and it was corrupt then. I remember kids not being able to pass the ACT test. They called them Prop 48 students. And they would let the Prop 48 students come to school and play, knowing that they couldn’t pass the academic portions. But they let them in school anyway. They would tell you it was to afford you this scholarship.

No. It’s because of the money that you would bring to that institution for playing all those years. Or you being a part of that program. At the end of the day, the talent is being purchased. The talent is being purchased, but the talented are not receiving any of the benefit. The colleges are only recruiting the talented kids for their talent, not because they will excel at their academic institution. So why is that the benefit of them going to that institution. I want them to go, but I want them to go for two years. If you’re going to make them go, make them go and get something from it. Why can’t they go to college and get this two-year certificate in this professional sports, if they are that talented? So that they are aware and educated on the business of the sport that they want to .

Why isn’t there something to protect kids that look like my son and me, to protect them while they pursue what their talents afford them to pursue? And I’m not talking about an agent, I’m talking about a not-for-profit organization to teach them and help them, and to teach them to stay close-knit and become successful. My mission, my goal and my understanding for being here is to help everyone to surround and protect the athlete moving forward.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Selah
16484 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "help me get this"
In response to Reply # 4

>"When you remove all the bling and the bells and the sneakers and all >that," she said, "you've paid for a child to come to your school to >do what you wanted them to do for you, for free, and you made a lot >of money when he did that, and you've got all these rules in place >that say he cannot share in any of that. The only other time when >labor does not get paid but yet someone else gets profits and the >labor is black and the profit is white, is in slavery."

not a lot of room for nuance there

>is obviously pushing the more simplistic narrative. Also ESPN
>on some sneak shit in the way they edited her words.
>
>Quote as swiped from Deadspin:
>
>As we grew in this business and we pull back all the layers,
>and I began to see what I was actually looking at. To be
>honest with you, it’s nauseating.

>To have the opportunity to say this and not say this, I’ll
>feel like I felt when I was a student-athlete at Mississippi
>and my friends were in classrooms being called horrific names,
>having food and things thrown at them as they were walking
>past the union. And them saying these things to me and me
>telling them, ‘Surely not.

this is on Mississippi State and good old racism (you didn't know there was racism on college campuses in Mississippi)

this isn't on the NCAA

>So, I say that to say, I cannot be here now and not say that
>when I pull back the layers, the problem I see is not with the
>student-athlete, it’s not with the coaches or the
>institutions of higher learning, but it’s with a system like
>the only system that I have ever seen,

how is this NOT on the coaches and schools??!

the "system" really?

the NCAA is fouls for any number of reasons but....

not to piecemeal her speech but that whole business about not having a chaperone to make sure they go to class and whatnot?

being in college == being an adult

c'mon now...

GOMEZ
5615 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:35 PM

8. "RE: help me get this"
In response to Reply # 7
Tue May-08-18 02:36 PM by GOMEZ

>>"When you remove all the bling and the bells and the
>sneakers and all >that," she said, "you've paid for a child to
>come to your school to >do what you wanted them to do for you,
>for free, and you made a lot >of money when he did that, and
>you've got all these rules in place >that say he cannot share
>in any of that. The only other time when >labor does not get
>paid but yet someone else gets profits and the >labor is black
>and the profit is white, is in slavery."
>
>not a lot of room for nuance there

She's talking about the division of profit on labor. She isn't saying the NCAA is slavery. She also compared it to prison labor in that regard. And it's a fair comparison.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Selah
16484 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:42 PM

10. "division of profit: yes"
In response to Reply # 8
Tue May-08-18 02:44 PM by Selah

but starting with a scenario that doesn't exist

then implying there so NO compensation ("for free")

she muddies her (the) point

i know the game being run is to get folks caught up in her emotions and be sympathetic to it

but HER kid (the one about to get drafted on rd1 and get millions - potentially - due to his high ranking/standing and the profile of his school) isn't the best case study

i will leave it alone, my point was made and folk will inevitably think i'm defending the crooked-a$$ ncaa

GOMEZ
5615 posts
Tue May-08-18 04:20 PM

26. "It's not slavery, but there are a few creepy similarities"
In response to Reply # 10

you gotta admit that at least.

Maybe to concede your larger point, i think people rely far too much on metaphors when trying to explain things. Maybe a more effective tact would be to just layout the inequalities in the current system, which are pretty gross on their own merit.

-Hunter S. Thompson

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85088 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:05 PM

5. "coach k got her tight"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22258 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:08 PM

6. "There's more things than chattel slavery though "
In response to Reply # 0

Sex trafficking is a form of slavery
Those folks that built the Quatar soccer stadiums and had their passports withheld ... slavery
The prison industrial complex ... slavery

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Selah
16484 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:36 PM

9. "none of those are an ncaa scholarships"
In response to Reply # 6

and this isn't implying that there isn't unfairness related to that but hyberbole doesn't help

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22258 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:43 PM

11. "RE: none of those are an ncaa scholarships"
In response to Reply # 9
Tue May-08-18 02:45 PM by MEAT

Identify the fallacy in either my illuminating the various forms of slavery
Or this parents' statement.

But it’s with a system like the only system that I have ever seen, where the laborers are the only people that are not being compensated for the work that they do, while those in charge receive mighty compensation. The only two systems that I’ve known that to be in place is slavery and the prison system. And now I see the NCAA. The overseers of a system that is identical for that

Acceptance in a university in which you're not allowed to take classes you want or pursue the degree of your choosing is not a college opportunity.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Selah
16484 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:46 PM

13. "they ARE compensated. whether its fair is another point"
In response to Reply # 11

but they likewise have the CHOICE to play. prisoners and actual slaves don't

THAT is the logical fallacy

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:50 PM

15. "Right? No one is forcing them to go to college. "
In response to Reply # 13

Sex workers don’t have a choice

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:48 PM

14. "While I agree the NCAA is slimy as hell... it isn’t slavery"
In response to Reply # 11

How is it any different than a barista working at Starbucks? They make peanuts compared to the CEO.

While I hate the argument that a scholarship is a form of payment let’s be real. A person going to law school or getting a masters can leave with 100K in student loans while the basketball player can get a half decent education and a free ride if they stay for 4 years.

Also, these kids can go overseas and play and get paid if they wanted to but it’s a hard road compared to college life.

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:44 PM

12. "Definitely... and that’s why I said the only thing like slavery is sla..."
In response to Reply # 6

i agree 100%.

I think anyone being held against their will for profit is slavery.

but not being able to transfer schools for basketball? That isn’t slavery. You can quit and try to play overseas

Marbles
22291 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:20 PM

17. "Your examples have physical impediments to freedom"
In response to Reply # 6
Tue May-08-18 03:21 PM by Marbles

>Sex trafficking is a form of slavery
>Those folks that built the Quatar soccer stadiums and had
>their passports withheld ... slavery
>The prison industrial complex ... slavery

The NCAA scam isn't even on the same level as the yhings you mentioned. Those people suffering in those situations are literally physically incapable of escaping.

If you don't like the fact that Coach K can't funnel $10,000 to your Mom, you can sign with another school. Or give up playing college ball.

There's absolutely no comparison.

Selah
16484 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:26 PM

18. "AND the actual threat of death for non-compliance"
In response to Reply # 17

loss of eligibility != loss of your life (or a bad old-fashioned maiming "to prove a point")

Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Tue May-08-18 02:55 PM

16. "I don't like when folks say the NFL Draft IS LIKE SLAVERY!!! "
In response to Reply # 0

http://epmgaa.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/06/04/nfl-draft_t750x550.jpg

--- praying for peace, love, and power

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:31 PM

19. "The combine is like the slave auction"
In response to Reply # 16

but it’s not really like that at all.

White dudes are at the combine, some of the coaches and scouts are Blac and former players.

and it’s an opportunity to elevate your profile and make millions of dollars.

Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:36 PM

20. "Ole Wokety Woke ass jokers say that..."
In response to Reply # 19

and sound some kinda way when they do especially because of all that you just typed up there.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:37 PM

21. "Looks like a choice to me (c) Ye"
In response to Reply # 16

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13577 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:39 PM

22. "I hate in when people ask "why do athletes get paid so much?""
In response to Reply # 0

"I mean, it's just stupid! Why should they get THAT MUCH money?"

Always said by the dummy that doesn't understand basic economics.

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:53 PM

24. "Weird how none of them ever ask why Dan Snyder is worth billions"
In response to Reply # 22

or what he did to deserve that money

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Marbles
22291 posts
Tue May-08-18 04:12 PM

25. "Yeah..."
In response to Reply # 22

I told my boy that all you need to do is be able to do something that a million people will give $10 to see or hear. The dude's face lit up like it was the first time he had seen the sun.

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Wed May-09-18 08:46 AM

38. "my wife used to say this since she was a college professor"
In response to Reply # 25

I kept telling her that if they got 60K to show up for a dance performance she would get the big bucks.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Tue May-08-18 03:47 PM

23. "NCAA is NOTHING like slavery. Players can choose not to participate"
In response to Reply # 0

I know plenty of people who made that choice (got offers to play sports at smaller schools and chose to end their sports careers by not accepting).

If you feel like you are being exploited, you can easily put a stop to it. If they don't think the compensation is fair, do something else.

My only beef with the NCAA is their role in stopping people from doing something else. Either profiting from their own names or outright locking them out from other professional sports leagues

Rjcc
Charter member
94990 posts
Tue May-08-18 04:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
27. "but because you consume mainstream media"
In response to Reply # 0

who knows that you will get riled up by that, you will always hear it.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Tue May-08-18 04:32 PM

28. "Okay if you don’t say that is like slavery..."
In response to Reply # 0

the NCAA is pimpin those who play right, or better yet it’s like the prison system. No matter how you spin it, they have a stronghold over the money generated. They and the institutions make all the dough while the athletes are not alllowed to make a penny.

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Tue May-08-18 06:28 PM

33. "Pimping is the perfect label for the NCAA"
In response to Reply # 28

Bitch betta have my money

hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Wed May-09-18 01:36 AM

37. "RE: Pimping is the perfect label for the NCAA"
In response to Reply # 33

https://goo.gl/images/wr45xA

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Tue May-08-18 04:35 PM

29. "They're mistaking capitalism for slavery "
In response to Reply # 0

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

GOMEZ
5615 posts
Tue May-08-18 04:40 PM

30. "it's not capitalism. There is no free market in college football"
In response to Reply # 29

-Hunter S. Thompson

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Tue May-08-18 04:46 PM

31. "But there is a free market for football..."
In response to Reply # 30

Get rid of the "three years out of HS" rule and it will be even freer

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-new-pro-football-league-college-alternative-20170111-story.html

GOMEZ
5615 posts
Tue May-08-18 05:05 PM

32. "how many people got drafted from that league?"
In response to Reply # 31

-Hunter S. Thompson

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Tue May-08-18 06:32 PM

34. "Do they still hold open tryouts or is that a gimmick? "
In response to Reply # 32

Pretty sure I heard the Panthers held one recently but maybe I’m tripping

Also think they are starting a development league soon since they heard about the XFL plans for 2018.

GOMEZ
5615 posts
Tue May-08-18 06:53 PM

35. "there are other ways into the NFL, but not really"
In response to Reply # 34

the Seahawks signed Cyril Grayson, a guy who ran track at LSU, to their practice squad. But the reality is that college football is the only real viable path to the NFL, even if there are a small handful of exceptions.

-Hunter S. Thompson

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Tue May-08-18 07:01 PM

36. "Just thinking out loud. But I don't think that's evidence of anything"
In response to Reply # 35
Tue May-08-18 07:04 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

It's just selection bias.

Almost everybody who is NFL caliber plays in the NCAA. Therefore almost all of the draftees come from the NCAA.

If the best HS athletes (i.e. the 5 star recruits) chose to sit out for a couple of years, and just did some type of organized training or played in one of those upstart leagues, I would think quite a few would be highly drafted

In basketball, you can easily bypass the NCAA and get NBA draft consideration

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Wed May-09-18 03:05 PM

39. "Me too, and people who call their job “the plantation”. Fuckouttaher..."
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79702 posts
Wed May-09-18 03:08 PM

40. "I guess I need to stop saying I got my freedom papers"
In response to Reply # 39

when I get a free night with the fellas.

It’s jokes but maybe I need to chill out.

I’m a hypocrite.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18651 posts
Wed May-09-18 04:43 PM

41. "She must’ve found out how much Bagley was making and got mad"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-09-18 04:49 PM by DJR

It’s unfortunate she went that route because she had some points, but the media will always run with the sensationalist parts and comparing it to slavery is absurd.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13256848 Previous topic | Next topic