Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12888651

Subject: "*creeping down the block*" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 04:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"*creeping down the block*"

*wood*

yo

"You know, you know that's the first time you ever seen
Me walkin' that way in like sixteen months
Man you crazy, I always see you walkin' through that way
Man I be on a, I be creepin' through the hood.." ~ Reggie Noble.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: *creeping down the block*
Aug 27th 2015
"TEXAS, where you don't see no Lexus Just low cars that bounce" ~Sadat X
Aug 27th 2015
      i see lexuses all the time
Aug 27th 2015
I'm bored so let me ask you questions.
Aug 27th 2015
"It's the questions (what?) it's the questions, dig it" ~ common...
Aug 27th 2015
u ever get to the end of the day
Aug 27th 2015
      like errydae
Aug 28th 2015
           choctaw
Aug 28th 2015
                RE: choctaw
Aug 28th 2015
                     im more of a fiction lover than a non fiction one
Aug 28th 2015
                          RE: im more of a fiction lover than a non fiction one
Aug 31st 2015
RE: I'm bored so let me ask you questions.
Aug 27th 2015
Oh trin, say it ain't so....
Aug 28th 2015
yup..
Aug 28th 2015
      ok good, theres still hope
Aug 28th 2015
      was Fidel Cast... *er I mean neutered
Aug 28th 2015
           damn man **wipes tears**
Aug 28th 2015
How's the whiskey ball?
Aug 28th 2015
      it's cool...
Aug 28th 2015
RE: I'm bored so let me ask you questions.
Aug 28th 2015
let your intentions be known...
Aug 27th 2015
doesn't "creeping" imply something of my intent... unintentionally...
Aug 28th 2015

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16195 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 04:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: *creeping down the block*"
In response to Reply # 0

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2424/3661/31059330042_large.jpg

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 04:48 PM

2. ""TEXAS, where you don't see no Lexus Just low cars that bounce" ~Sadat X"
In response to Reply # 1

worms
Member since Jun 19th 2002
9071 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 05:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "i see lexuses all the time "
In response to Reply # 2

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28849 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 05:04 PM

3. "I'm bored so let me ask you questions."
In response to Reply # 0

What's your favorite alcoholic drink?

What smartphone do you own and should I buy it?

What's your favorite breed of dog?

What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

Asking questions takes too much effort so I'm going to go do something else.

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 05:16 PM

4. ""It's the questions (what?) it's the questions, dig it" ~ common..."
In response to Reply # 3

>What's your favorite alcoholic drink?

SCOTCHITYSCOTCHSCOTCHSCOTCH

>What smartphone do you own and should I buy it?

NONE and YES smartphones are for jerks

>What's your favorite breed of dog?

various bull breeds.. I have a bull mastiff ridgeback cross and a pitbull

>What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

there are many with varying degrees of guilt and pleasure.. one thing I know though is I'm killing myself with Cola.

>
>Asking questions takes too much effort so I'm going to go do
>something else.

good idea..... come back n tell me what it is

worms
9071 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 05:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "u ever get to the end of the day"
In response to Reply # 4

and realize you had maybe one soda or none

and u think 'man i been good today'

then u drink a whole 2 liter to celebrate

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 01:29 PM

14. "like errydae"
In response to Reply # 6

I usually don't hit the cola till after work..

but then I go hard and I pretty much polish off 2L of Pepsi most days....

i'm certain to catch the "die" ah "beat" E's... sometimes I feel like any day without Kidney failure is a good day... so far they've all been good days.

& today has been a good day... you know what I mean? given the question you asked I think you know exactly what I mean.

I forgot you're in/from Texas.. I think I asked you before but I've forgotten, what tribe are you? besides okp... or 'murican obviously.

worms
9071 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 02:27 PM

16. "choctaw"
In response to Reply # 14

although theres an effort amongst the tribe to educate people that choctaw is actually the palefaceized way of pronouncing our tribes name, and the correct term is chahta. i noticed this a year or two ago when i was reading the newspaper that the tribe sends out, the bishnik (which is choctaw for little speaking bird, i think). that edition was titled the biskinik (which is chahta for little speaking bird, i think), with an explanation inside about anglicized pronunciation vs the original way of saying it.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 05:12 PM

17. "RE: choctaw"
In response to Reply # 16

the paper's name phonetically makes me think of some kinda slang for "the business"

is there any good reading that you'd recommend? .. I've been reading about the Comanches recently and now I'm reading Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee.. but this is all about the plains people... haven't really read anything about the more eastern tribes since school.

I'm curious about what kind of differences there are in terms of the destruction and loss of culture relative to the geography, timelines and leadership... I'm fascinated by how recent, quick, complete it all was/is.. and also (fascinated though not surprised) that despite variations of policy, resolve and the various degrees of humanity of the players involved.. humanity, common sense and decency pretty much failed... it'd be pretty cool if we could figure out how to get people to put the appropriate amount of value on such things instead of letting greed and ego rule the day...

yeah that's it.. ima fix all the wurldstissues.. right after I pound this 2l Pepsi and finish watching the Boxing match.

worms
9071 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 07:03 PM

21. "im more of a fiction lover than a non fiction one"
In response to Reply # 17

sherman alexie has a bunch of novels that make for good readin. theres one about a time traveling mass murdering kid called Flight that i think would serve as an excellent intro to his work, because its short, and is an easy read. you could finish it in a weekend and not have it eat into your pepsi and boxing time, easy. his most famous work is probably a collection of short stories called The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven, which was made into a movie with adam beach called Smoke Signals. good movie. will have you bawling if you have any kind of father issues. Reservation Blues is about a character from TLRATFIH creating a native band and touring america. i think an undead zombie robert johnson is a big part of the plot too somehow? its really good but i didnt get to finish it, as i lost it somewhere.

leslie marmon silko is the opposite of sherman alexie. i wouldnt say shes a tough read, but her writing can be dense sometimes. Almanac of the Dead is my favorite book of her, but its 700 god damn pages. but its really worth it to get through. if you like Beat Generation stuff this would fit right in, all those 700 pages are filled with crazy ideas on race, the future, environmental calamity, drug use, people fuckin, all kinds of shit. and it sticks with you. i read it years ago and i can still remember a lot of it.

as far as pivotal end points in the history of us/indigenous relations: theres the removal of southeastern tribes to oklahoma, commonly called the Trail of Tears...the dawes act? i think its called. damn i just looked up the dates, trail of tears is 1830, dawes act is 1887...

"The Dawes Act of 1887, adopted by Congress in 1887, authorized the President of the United States to survey American Indian tribal land and divide it into allotments for individual Indians. Those who accepted allotments and lived separately from the tribe would be granted United States citizenship. The Dawes Act was amended in 1891, and again in 1906 by the Burke Act."

and this youtube video will explain why this was so fucked up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45HATCWo2PQ

native resistance probably dies out around the turn of the century. geronimo ends his resistance in 1886. chief joseph surrenders in 1877. wounded knee is 1890. so by 1900, armed resistance comes to an end, natives have had their land stripped away...giving rise to boarding schools and all the hell they brought, and a peoples are cast adrift inside their own land.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 02:42 PM

22. "RE: im more of a fiction lover than a non fiction one"
In response to Reply # 21

I liked Smoke Signals.. saw it ages ago and have forgotten most of it but I remember wishing there were more like it...

I think you've mentioned that zombie Robert Johnson book before and I've yet to remember to get my hands on it.. maybe this time..

I might look for that Almanac of the Dead too...

so 57 years between the Trail of Tears and the Dawes Act... hmmm...armed resistance ends around 1900, 70 years after the Trail of Tears and 13 years after the Dawes act.. 100(+3) years after the Dawes Act there's the Standoff at Oka.. 15 years before that was the Pine ridge Shootout and 2 years before that was the Wounded Knee standoff.... 100 years before the Dawes Act and about 40 years before the Trail of Tears it was the "Northwest Ordinance" which after the "Northwest Indian War" resulted in the Shawnee ceding most of Ohio.. 100 years before the Trail of Tears is roughly when horses, metal and guns showed up on the northern plains.... smh.. this all seems incredibly fast to me...

I'm still pretty connected to my memories of say 25 years ago.. 4 times that and we're at 100 years... 4 times is not much.... Grandpa's Grandpa was in the thick of it time wise... I'm almost old enough for Grandpa status myself by now too.....

these are old news and thoughts from me but it never ceases to amaze me how quickly the "present" becomes "history"

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 07:59 PM

8. "RE: I'm bored so let me ask you questions."
In response to Reply # 3

Scotch...neat
although I received a whiskey ball as a gift

Iphone 6, sure why not?

I'm not a lover of pets

shopping

>something else.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 06:08 AM

9. "Oh trin, say it ain't so.... "
In response to Reply # 8

>I'm not a lover of pets

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 09:55 AM

10. "yup.."
In response to Reply # 9

I went to a grammer school that was located at the buffalo zoo
this required us to take zoology classes
which meant we spent a lot of time there...
I hated it lol

When I was a child we had a German Shepard name Fidel
Him, I loved....

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 10:43 AM

11. "ok good, theres still hope"
In response to Reply # 10

>When I was a child we had a German Shepard name Fidel
>Him, I loved....

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 01:40 PM

15. "was Fidel Cast... *er I mean neutered"
In response to Reply # 10

sorry..

I knew you had it in you!...

I had a German Shepard as a child too.. Coal... I loved her but she was aggressive to other dogs and strangers...When we got a second dog they never got along... One morning (grade 10 math finals to be exact) the two dogs had a fight and my folks ended up taking the old dog in to the pound and given the description my folks gave they put the dog down right then and there.... I remember riding there with the dog and then getting there, realizing it wasn't even going to get a chance to be adopted, and being so upset about it.. then I was writing my exam and I was looking at my hands and I still had blood on them from breaking up the fight... I got up and walked out of the exam (fortunately my math teacher let me rewrite it)... form there I shaved my head and ran away fromm home and stayed in the woods for a few nights.. when I came back my dad shipped me off to my Mom... yeah that was one of those markers on the path of life.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 05:38 PM

19. "damn man **wipes tears**"
In response to Reply # 15

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 05:25 PM

18. "How's the whiskey ball?"
In response to Reply # 8

cause it's still neat it's just chilled right?... I don't know I guess if you like scotch on ice that makes some sense... but to me room temp is what seems right. cold whiskey just doesn't feel like the thing.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 05:50 PM

20. "it's cool..."
In response to Reply # 18

the slow melt brings out the true flavor..

Nappy Soul
Member since Jan 04th 2007
1181 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 12:43 PM

12. "RE: I'm bored so let me ask you questions."
In response to Reply # 3

>
Rum
>
I do not own a Cell Phone ( by choice)
>
Pugs ( I have one) and French Bulldogs.
>
Cake.Good quality cake.
>something else.
I just realized that answering questions take too much effort too.

time is money, money is time
so i keep 7 o'clock in the bank and gain interest in the hour of God
I'm saving to buy my freedom, God, grant me wings, I'm too fly not to fly _ Saul Williams

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 07:53 PM

7. "let your intentions be known..."
In response to Reply # 0

creeping requires too much afford

/

I had a wonderful interview today. I requested the interview excuse the boast about myself and he goes, "I like it, I'm looking for that kind of confidence"

**crosses fingers**

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 01:16 PM

13. "doesn't "creeping" imply something of my intent... unintentionally..."
In response to Reply # 7

there's value in it.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12888651 Previous topic | Next topic