Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12850304

Subject: "The 5ive™" Previous topic | Next topic
Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 08:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The 5ive™"

Serial
------

I know how short memoried OKP can be...but if y'all enjoyed the Serial podcast, you should all check out AJC Breakdown...they admittedly follow the exact same format as Serial and it's just as good. I think they are up to episode 7 or so by now and I've on episode 3. If for nothing more, listen to it while you're slaving away at work.

E.T. Phone Home
-----------------

It seems like I've had a thousand or so smart phones. This LG G4 is by far the best one I've ever had. This camera? Man listen it's great. I can't stop taking pics (of everything).

Normally, I'd get an android phone and immediately root it or install a custom rom---I have no desire to do that with this one. I was kind of iffy on the buttons being all on the back, but after about 30 mins of using it--the placement of said buttons all make total and absolute sense. Taking a screen shot w/one hand is a godsend.

and to believe I was this >close< to getting a Nexus 6 and/or Samsung S6.

Instagram
----------

I wish there was a way to just block out all of the videos from even appearing on your feed with a checkbox or something. Sometimes I just want to look at pictures and then go back later and just have the videos or some sh*t. Does this even make sense?

Vacation
---------

I'm not taking one anytime soon---but next week my girl, my son, and the dog will all be gone.

God Is good.

I get some "ME" time. Time of which, I have no desire to do anything but relax (after work), watch tv and what ever else comes to mind that is of low physical activity and expense.

Five
----

I put IOS9 on my ipad mini and it's great so far. I can see the small upgrades being very usable especially the multitasking functions. Add those in with my bluetooth keyboard and Pencil 53 stylus and it really serves as a laptop in some sense. (I've become accustomed to using the styling in the manner of a mouse of sorts). While it's not a laptop in true form, it will do until I breakdown and buy a macbook in the near future.
---------------------

GIMME FIVE !!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
5ive™
Jul 10th 2015
RE: 5ive™
Jul 10th 2015
word
Jul 10th 2015
how is the dog leaving too?
Jul 10th 2015
Those things are so awesome.
Jul 10th 2015
five.
Jul 10th 2015
i start monday!
Jul 10th 2015
      congrats!
Jul 10th 2015
      Congrats!
Jul 10th 2015
      #CLIFFPAULDONUTS
Jul 10th 2015
      thanks y'all!
Jul 10th 2015
      RE: i start monday!
Jul 10th 2015
Fingers
Jul 10th 2015
RE: The 5ive™ Eddie Murphy edition
Jul 10th 2015
LOL... "sho-nuff tee! Kiss My Converse! 😂"
Jul 10th 2015
      RE: LOL... "sho-nuff tee! Kiss My Converse! 😂"
Jul 10th 2015
My 5ive™
Jul 10th 2015
5ive™ Ran Dumbs!
Jul 10th 2015
5 Song Friday
Jul 10th 2015

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 09:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "5ive™"
In response to Reply # 0

*Politics*

I'm trying to become more informed. Well, lemme back up a sec and admit that i'm trying to care more. I'm trying to dead the cynicism and tell myself that my vote matters. I need to vote because i believe it makes a difference rather than doing it out of obligation.

*march*

These brothers, www.300menmarch.com , got a movement that I can get behind. I'll be marching with them this evening. 10 miles through the city. Haven't walked that far in at least a decade.

*sick at work*

I used to be team sacrifice your health and come to work sick so this stuff can get done.

Now i'm team stay yo germ-infested ass home and come back when you're out of quarantine.

*Tyrone*

I wondered how he got paid off the buzz he created with those IG videos. Then i saw on his page that he gets booked at parties just like IG "models".

Amazing

*sports*

pick a team and stick with them. ain't nothing worse than a 40 year old former Lakers/Pistons/Bulls fan that became a Heat fan before finally landing on the Warriors bandwagon.

pick a team and stick with them.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 10:00 AM

2. "RE: 5ive™"
In response to Reply # 1

>
>*Tyrone*
>
>I wondered how he got paid off the buzz he created with those
>IG videos. Then i saw on his page that he gets booked at
>parties just like IG "models".

You seen that Youtube dude that made $7milly last year?
>
>Amazing
>
>*sports*
>
>pick a team and stick with them. ain't nothing worse than a 40
>year old former Lakers/Pistons/Bulls fan that became a Heat
>fan before finally landing on the Warriors bandwagon.
>
>pick a team and stick with them.

I've been a Hawks fan since the mid 80's. Last year folks tried to accuse me of being a bandwagoner. Shit hurt my heart, son. Then I had to hit them with names of players they never even heard of like Sly Williams and Mike Glenn and then they shut all the way up.

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 10:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "word"
In response to Reply # 1

>pick a team and stick with them. ain't nothing worse than a 40
>year old former Lakers/Pistons/Bulls fan that became a Heat
>fan before finally landing on the Warriors bandwagon.
>
>pick a team and stick with them.

or the He-At Fans who showed up on my doorstep last summer.
foh, you wasn't here when Mo Williams was dishing to Captain Assfingers

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 10:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "how is the dog leaving too?"
In response to Reply # 0

i dunno if i have five but here goes

1 - it's been a great hair week. i didn't even wanna wash my hair but i did, before bed even, and the process was so quick and it game out so good. gonna see if i can duplicate it this weekend

2 - speaking of hair, i really need to invest in a satin pillow case. i've been using an old chemise over my pillow. it does the job but it slips off. but the pillow case is way way better than sleeping in a scarf or satin cap. i was always reluctant to get one bc iDrool but now i'm like fk it that's what the washing machine is for.

3 - i had a four day wknd for the 4th and i didn't bathe for 3 days straight. i wasn't obligated to anyone but me so i flipped and rearranged my closet, cleaned the upper level of my bedroom, did a ton of laundry, watched the power marathon and other assorted foolishness, and ate poorly. great wknd except for the eating poorly part. i should've planned better and had good food at home.

4 - i've been trying to stay off my phone. i did good over the wknd and this week at work. but the other night i couldn't sleep and i caused a little retail damage.

5 - i have a $15 credit for the amazon app store for android. i dunno what to get. i'd like to take better pics with my camera phone (i have an s4 mini) so i googled but i'm confused. will an app make my photos better? which one? honestly i think the problem is that my house is just too dark. terrible lighting. anything i take in natural light looks fine.

______
gnap.

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 01:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "Those things are so awesome. "
In response to Reply # 3

>2 - speaking of hair, i really need to invest in a satin
>pillow case. i've been using an old chemise over my pillow. it
>does the job but it slips off. but the pillow case is way way
>better than sleeping in a scarf or satin cap. i was always
>reluctant to get one bc iDrool but now i'm like fk it that's
>what the washing machine is for.

I got two. I sleep on each side once, then launder, because I have oily skin.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 10:50 AM

5. "five."
In response to Reply # 0

i.
new job starts soon. still waiting on that criminal background. i know my shit is clean so i don't know what's taking so long but i'm ready to start working.

ii.
going to a going away party for a friend today. i JUST really got close to homegirl recently. i've known her since high school and would always see her at friend gatherings. but we got a
chance to really chill and hang recently and now i'm sad she's leaving

iii.
im so tired of doing laundry.

iv.
i gotta cut and fix my hair today. i'm really tired of this shit. these are the moments i miss having locks. i don't miss them shits when its hot tho.

v.
i need to find myself at a pool or a beach soon.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 01:13 PM

9. "i start monday!"
In response to Reply # 5

www.royallegacy.org

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 01:14 PM

10. "congrats!"
In response to Reply # 9

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 01:15 PM

11. "Congrats!"
In response to Reply # 9

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 02:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "#CLIFFPAULDONUTS"
In response to Reply # 9

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 02:46 PM

17. "thanks y'all!"
In response to Reply # 9

www.royallegacy.org

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 03:38 PM

18. "RE: i start monday!"
In response to Reply # 9

CONGRATS!!!!

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

ALmighty44
Member since Feb 09th 2004
19824 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 10:57 AM

6. "Fingers"
In response to Reply # 0

Thumb:
I fell asleep at the wheel driving home from work the other night and hit the shredded tire off of a semi-truck. Scared the fuck out of me (obviously) but once I pulled over, realized I didn't hit anybody or another car, and that I had all of working limbs...I gave da good lawd a thumbs up.

That's all I got really. I'm just thankful and happy the only thing I tore up was my fog light and fender. Now...who wanna loan $500 for this deductible?

Tiggerific
13451 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 11:20 AM

7. "RE: The 5ive™ Eddie Murphy edition"
In response to Reply # 0

1. C-I-L-L My Landlord: though lately, in my case, I've been envisioning my mother-in-law instead (we don't have a landlord). I know that I've given this advice before. But I want yall to really hear me when I say...never let your in-law move in with you!!!! They can live next door or across the street. Or even in a in-law suite behind your house. Never in your house! They will drive you batshit crazy! It doesn't help that I'm her caregiver. Honestly, it's more that than anything...but let me have my moment.

2. James Brown's Hottub Party: going to see Floetry, E-Rob and FE at the DPAC on Sunday! Since its date night, I might actually throw on a dress and wedges 😉. It's been so hot lately, a sundress is definitely appropriate.

3. Coming to America: I got my vacation! 😉. My hubby has a Muay Thai tournament in Orlando in 2 weeks. My munchkin isn't going because my hubby doesn't want her seeing the fighting. Which makes sense. She's only 3. So 6 days in Orlando, Florida with no kid or mom-in-law...VACATION!!!!!!

4. Harlem Nights: So I have been focused, but my problem is lack of organization lately. So I am now scheduling my day and making alerts so that I stay on task. It's essential for a person with ADD. If I didn't, I would be reading and on OKP and FB all day!

5. Raw: I just got paid, and the first thing I'm going to buy myself is some red high top converse and a sho-nuff tee! Kiss My Converse! 😂

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 01:50 PM

14. "LOL... "sho-nuff tee! Kiss My Converse! 😂""
In response to Reply # 7

Tiggerific
13451 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 02:45 PM

16. "RE: LOL... "sho-nuff tee! Kiss My Converse! 😂""
In response to Reply # 14

I've been eyeing that tee and those Converse since I saw them. I need this!

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 12:43 PM

8. "My 5ive™"
In response to Reply # 0

314: I hate to admit it but I like where I live … for now. The arts scene here is awesome, creative, talented, and just awesome. The technology industry is booming here. We have 9 fortune 500 companies around town. Cost of living is 25% lower than most major cities. And I like my apartment. My tipsy gypsy lifestyle might be on pause for second or two.

SWA: I want to ‘get away’ for a bit but I don’t have anywhere to stay. And I am not in any way interested in visiting family. Guess I need to make my home a ‘get-away' of sorts.

Gotta Get Up: I didn’t even feel like getting out of bed this morning. It has been raining here since JUNE. Ugh! At first I was okay with it because at least it wasn’t hot, but I am over it now. OVER IT!

Arrow: I finally feel like I have some idea of what direction I want to go – this kinda relates to 314, but mostly I mean career wise.

DISC: they made us take this DISC assessment. I hate personality test. I have taken soo many over the years and none of them have really helped my life. The results of this one was really on point though. Some key statements were ---

-She likes people, but can be seen occasionally as cold and blunt. She may have her mind on project results, and sometimes may not take the time to be empathetic toward others… She may lose interest in what others are saying if they ramble or don't speak to the point. SuiteLady is not influenced by people who are overly enthusiastic. They rarely get her attention.

-Ways to Communicate with SuiteLady 1) Stick to business and let her decide if she wants to talk socially. 2) Keep at least three feet away from her. 3) Respect her quiet demeanor. 4) Read the body language, look for impatience or disapproval.

I want to print this out and put it in everybody's box!!

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 01:35 PM

12. "5ive™ Ran Dumbs!"
In response to Reply # 0

PMS - Man, she admitted that she was PMS'ing when our last little big argument popped off about a damned smoothie. I'd never verbally diminish her feelings and attribute them to that monthly cycle. Doesn't mean I didn't think it. Just won't say it to her because she needs to know that her feelings are of greater significance.

Contracting - man, it's been almost two weeks since it was announcedthat my contract was being prematurely terminated because they don't have the cash to keep me around. I've done well so far at keeping my stress and anxiety to a minimum but, in another week or so and if nothing comes through, I'm gonna be cursing the contract gods.

Coming thru - Speaking of coming through. I interviewed for a position this past Wednesday. The interviewer provided the recruiter with an awesome review of our call. I had the second interview today and am just awaiting the feedback. If all went well with today's meeting, I may be meeting with foodchain's top resident next week. And ya damned right that I am gonna walk in with a new power suit. Already got my Nordstrom's folks ready for the walk-thru this evening since that fresh sale is on. Then. I'm gonna wlak into the meeting singing T.I.'s joint: ".. you can tell how I walk. I'm a boss!"

16 year old daughter - She got a lil friend. I'm going to be the fault in their stars. A boyfirned my ass! She better be worried about that summer reading list, that vacations she's taking with my mom, and keeping her damned room clean. I don't care that the lil dude comes from a good family and that he's a hooper. She's still my daughter! And I ain't ready for all of that.

Scratches - I scratched the f*** outta my car last night. I'll be damned if I'm riding around, with a scratch like that, past this weekend without having someone assess the damage, provide the estimate, and offer the best deal. Setting the appointment will come after that. I hate rididng knowing that Big Baby Blue is scratched up and not in pristine condition.

KingMonte
4675 posts
Fri Jul-10-15 09:04 PM

19. "5 Song Friday"
In response to Reply # 0

http://lsrules.podomatic.com/entry/2015-07-10T00_00_00-07_00

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12850304 Previous topic | Next topic