Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12800367

Subject: "The 5ive™ " Previous topic | Next topic
Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 09:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The 5ive™ "

---------
Sean J
(I was listening to Field Mobs "Roota to the Toota" album and I forgot just how good Sean J was. Actually as a collective they were spitting their asses off but Sean J was killing it)

anyway.

I lost $300 betting on horses last week. A female horse analyst that I follow called the race exactly for the first 4 horses---I dismissed her entirely because her reasoning for her picks just seemed off. Had I placed my bets according to her predictions, I'd be about $13k to the good right now.

None of my picks even placed.

----------------------------
Trick Daddy

I be in starbucks on my ipad mini (with clamshell bluetooth keyboard) taking pictures of the strange sh*t muhphuckas be doing while inside. Being that the ipad has an external camera it makes it look like I am just typing away but i just be snappin' away at the tomfoolery that I happen to come across. I should create an instagram/tumblr account just for this bullsh*t alone

----------------------------

Ebay

Ebay is still the devils spawn.
Here I am moving and still buying sh*t from there.
But I saved an extra $600 this month so I think I can justify buying myself a little something-something.

------------------------------

Summer Camp

So I paid for my son to attend a summer camp and now all of a sudden he's getting all these discounted offers to go to all these other places. He's got two offers for a sleep away camp for a week each. I'll just have to suck up and face the loss for the camp I paid for already because he's going to these sleep away jawns--two weeks with no parental obligation? Sh*t'yeah!!! Then he's going to his moms for 2 (separate weeks) over the summer and then his aunts for a week in FL. Summer ain't but 8 weeks and as it stands he may be gone for 5 of those.

Life is grand. I'll miss him----but not that much.

----------------------
Cheap

I'm an admitted cheap ass bastard. I was gonna take the kid to visit my oldest sister in VA for a few days this summer by plane---but I don't wanna pay the almost $400 per ticket to get us there. If we go it's gonna totally be by automobile.

I need buddy passes or some sh*t.

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The 5ive™
May 08th 2015
i too have retired from life...well to a degree anyway. I shrug off
May 08th 2015
BONUS: It is raining (hard) which 1) get me out of driving home for Mot...
May 08th 2015
been there...
May 08th 2015
onetwothreefourfive.
May 08th 2015
this is what you'll be doing in your childs absence....
May 08th 2015
      lmao
May 08th 2015
           oh you won't be relaxing..you'll be washing and folding clothes,
May 08th 2015
                nah probably not lol
May 08th 2015
you didn't say "gimme five"
May 08th 2015
damn, i surely didn't. and it's too late to edit. i need to delete all
May 08th 2015
      i don't even have any shopping apps
May 08th 2015
May 08th 2015
lmao at sneak date
May 08th 2015
RE: 5...
May 08th 2015
I just called dude
May 08th 2015
      Whose ass we got to whup up off in here?
May 08th 2015
#2 please don't. i'd love to hear your opinions.
May 08th 2015
i see this concert is now an even bigger deal than i thought (link)
May 08th 2015
five poems
May 08th 2015
Dude when i hear about someone under 40 dying of a
May 08th 2015
5 songs about Jane
May 08th 2015
5ive™ Alive...
May 08th 2015
That's what's up!
May 08th 2015
Mandate on the 535i xdrive...
May 08th 2015
LMAO... It happened, akhi!
May 08th 2015
      Nice...
May 08th 2015
           Man, I guess this is one of the spoils of having kids young;
May 08th 2015
                Dude, I work for an investment firm therefore it's embarrassing around
May 08th 2015
                     Word... If only I had learned the importance at an earlier age,
May 08th 2015
                          I played around with my contributions until i was 30 as a result my
May 08th 2015
May 08th 2015
      Still under the maintenance plan which I will renew...
May 08th 2015
RE: The 5ive™ Places I've Lived
May 08th 2015
Congrats on the potty training.
May 08th 2015
      RE: Congrats on the potty training.
May 08th 2015
           the day i didn't have to make formula or carry a diaper bag was the
May 08th 2015
RE: The 5ive™
May 08th 2015
12345more.
May 08th 2015
Belated 5
May 09th 2015
5 Song Friday
May 09th 2015
i really enjoy reading these posts
May 10th 2015

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16195 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: The 5ive™ "
In response to Reply # 0

<Good Deeds>
I went to a country music concert this week. Before the show we met at a restaurant. While I was at the sink in the restroom this white lady asked me if I was going to the show – which surprised me, but I guess I look like the kinda black girl who goes to country music shows. I said yeah, and she proceeded to gush about the two opening acts – how hot they are and how much she loves them. When I got back to our table I told my friends about this and the girl who got these ticket form her job was like “well, we have extra tickets so, how many people are in her party?” They send me back in the restaurant (we were sitting on the patio) to find her and offer her the tickets. She and her friend were near tears when I gave them those tickets and they weren't even good seats. I hope someone randomly offers me tickets to a show I want to see someday.

<Bad Deeds>
We were sitting on the patio of the above mentioned restaurant and we kinda witnessed a shooting. There was a small city park between us and the happenings. I thought it was fireworks initially, but my friend were all like “nah! That was NOT fireworks” and then we saw a man running away from where the shots were fired. My friends were all like *shoulder shrug* “It’s St. Louis.” Cops and an ambulance showed up about 15 minutes later.

<No Happy Holidays>
I don’t even want to spend Mothers Day with my mother. I prefer to go home when I actually want to go home. That way I don’t feel annoyed. I don’t think we really enjoy each other’s company anyway. It like we are obligated to spend holidays together.

<Retirement>
I have retired from life. I am just surviving at this point. I count days and hours. It is crazy but I am always portioning out the day like “okay I just need to make it through this hour and then … just need to make it until the sun goes down then I can go to sleep.” I barely try (when it comes to anything anymore). Only reason I work at work is to make the time pass. My life is completely about surviving this moment so I can get to the next moment.

<Your 5ive>
‘snapping pics of ransom people in Starbucks’ <--this is why I am developing agoraphobia

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:31 AM

6. "i too have retired from life...well to a degree anyway. I shrug off"
In response to Reply # 1

alot of things that would bother the average person.

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16195 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:40 AM

11. "BONUS: It is raining (hard) which 1) get me out of driving home for Mot..."
In response to Reply # 6

Mothers Day and 2) cleans all that gunk off my car that I have been avoiding cleaning

Yay!

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "been there..."
In response to Reply # 1

><Retirement>
>I have retired from life. I am just surviving at this point. I
>count days and hours. It is crazy but I am always portioning
>out the day like “okay I just need to make it through this
>hour and then … just need to make it until the sun goes down
>then I can go to sleep.” I barely try (when it comes to
>anything anymore). Only reason I work at work is to make the
>time pass. My life is completely about surviving this moment
>so I can get to the next moment.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:17 AM

2. "onetwothreefourfive."
In response to Reply # 0

1. my son suddenly acting like he doesn't know how to open the bedroom door. i don't know why he's doing this but he is currently just sitting in the room until he figures it out. i'm not
here for the foolishness.

2. i will be child free from tuesday night to sunday next week. he's going to boston with his dad to visit family. i have no idea what to do with myself to be honest. i haven't been child free for that long since i had a child.

3. i am mad hungry. i stay feeding my son breakfast only to forget to feed myself. my stomach is reminding me right now though.

4. i found it interesting that singer carl thomas be posting some really extra blackity black stuff on his Facebook page (like a dr john henrike clarke documentary for instance). gives me a whole new appreciation for him.

5. smif n wessun show coming up. i feel like we need to be doing way more shows though. and still in search of a manager.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:34 AM

7. "this is what you'll be doing in your childs absence...."
In response to Reply # 2

you'll be wondering what you're gonna do while he gone...

then he'll return and you'll realize that you didn't do anything but wonder what you could've done.

Things will come up but you'll feel guilty about spending the money that such things require because those ends could go to doing sh*t with your child.

this is parenthood.

This is why netflix was invented.

your couch and tv will become your life when you're childless.

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:37 AM

9. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 7

i gotta go out for a drink at least ONCE doe.
but yea a bunch of relaxing is probably what i'll be engaging in.

www.royallegacy.org

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:41 AM

14. "oh you won't be relaxing..you'll be washing and folding clothes, "
In response to Reply # 9

straightening rooms and all of that.

there's no rest even in a childs absence.

you're just making things easier for their eventual return to wreak future havoc on your household.

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:44 AM

16. "nah probably not lol"
In response to Reply # 14

i live with my dad and two siblings. my only dominion is our bedroom and thats straight.
with him gone i won't have anything to straighten up.

www.royallegacy.org

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "you didn't say "gimme five""
In response to Reply # 0
Fri May-08-15 10:36 AM by latenitemix

lol

my five

iay atehay ymay objay
this instrument that was down for month finally got repaired. i made like two runs then run number three here comes some peak out of nowhere. wtf? why can't things just work right?

honey ginger scrub
i booked myself a much needed honey ginger scrub mani/pedi for this evening. when i booked it the sales lady was like OooOOooooh so i know it's gonna be good. i probably should've booked a back massage too. i have a gift card from this place good for a year and i might be right on the tail end of that time frame. i hope it's still good.

smartphones
i have a problem with online shopping. i'm ready to admit it. i was listening to this finance lady on steve harvey the other day and she said something that resonated so much with me. she basically said that i'm shopping to feel fulfilled bc i'm not fulfilled with how i spend the majority of my time. i've been thinking about it all week and trying to reset my attitude. i feel like a broken record but i am stuck not sure what to do about it. well that's not exactly true. but change is scary and i'm complacent.

party party party
i decided i'm having a party for my bday. it's what i really want. i'm checking out a venue next week and i have people in mind for everything else. i just have to stop shopping so i can pay for it all

pops
went to a memorial service for my great aunt on my dad's side. this was my first time meeting most of the people there. there's this weird dynamic with that side of the family that would take some time to explain but suffice to say we were never close to that side. but the service and everyone was nice and i'm kind of sad that we weren't ever close to that side of the family.

______
gnap.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:35 AM

8. "damn, i surely didn't. and it's too late to edit. i need to delete all"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri May-08-15 10:42 AM by Fishgrease

shoppin' apps from my phone and tablet...maybe that'll help curb this recent and new addiction in my life.

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
27. "i don't even have any shopping apps"
In response to Reply # 8

but i get emails
and i may or may not have sale schedules memorized

______
gnap.

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "5..."
In response to Reply # 0

5. I'm beyond livid. This tax guys is finna make me call the feds on him. I understand if you processed them late, say that. But don't give me the run around when I'm asking direct questions. The guy has been pretty reliable previously but, this year...smh. damn homie...doing me dusty as fuck.

4. I think someone I know used me as a reference for a credit card or loan. Or they used my phone number for the previously aforementioned. Either way, don't use my shit for some scam shit.

3. Still don't know what's going on in my ex's brain. This dude hit me up yesterday asking could he nap at my house while I was at work. SMH. Dude, don't try to sneak date me. LOL

2. I still feel some kinda way about the whole Prince "Concert" In Baltimore. I'll keep my opinions to myself though.

1. I renamed my Friday's flame on Fridays...because I've had to roast quite a few people, and it's not even noon yet. SMDH.

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:24 AM

5. "lmao at sneak date"
In response to Reply # 4

______
gnap.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:39 AM

10. "RE: 5..."
In response to Reply # 4

>5. I'm beyond livid. This tax guys is finna make me call the
>feds on him. I understand if you processed them late, say
>that. But don't give me the run around when I'm asking direct
>questions. The guy has been pretty reliable previously but,
>this year...smh. damn homie...doing me dusty as fuck.

Do I need to make a ride to bmore and bring my goon w/me? (My son has a mean mortal kombat hand and he's not afraid to apply his video game fight knowledge to real live situations).
>
>4. I think someone I know used me as a reference for a credit
>card or loan. Or they used my phone number for the previously
> aforementioned. Either way, don't use my shit for some scam
>shit.

I'd phuck someone up behind that.
>
>3. Still don't know what's going on in my ex's brain. This
>dude hit me up yesterday asking could he nap at my house while
>I was at work. SMH. Dude, don't try to sneak date me. LOL
>

You gonna come home and he's gonna be butthole naked under your nice duvet cover, on some "hey, I wasn't expectin' you back so soon".

>2. I still feel some kinda way about the whole Prince
>"Concert" In Baltimore. I'll keep my opinions to myself
>though.

I don't get how they keep referring to this as a "SECRET" show---when even I know about it.
>
>1. I renamed my Friday's flame on Fridays...because I've had
>to roast quite a few people, and it's not even noon yet. SMDH.
>

get'em girl (c) Me to my now deceased pitbull.

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Fri May-08-15 11:33 AM

18. "I just called dude "
In response to Reply # 10

as I said I would via my text this morning, no answer.
i finally told him i'd hate to contact their authorities

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-08-15 11:56 AM

20. "Whose ass we got to whup up off in here?"
In response to Reply # 18

jk

Hopefully, it doesn't come to that and dude handles his business accordingly.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Fri May-08-15 12:06 PM

21. "#2 please don't. i'd love to hear your opinions."
In response to Reply # 4

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:12 PM

24. "i see this concert is now an even bigger deal than i thought (link) "
In response to Reply # 4

http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/08/tidal-will-stream-princes-rally-4-peace-concert-for-free/

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts

13. "five poems"
In response to Reply # 0

*Invictus

my Cowboys have what i call the Dez Plan. we got a good system in place where we give "troubled" players support and help them succeed. it works. people look at our recent pick ups (La'el Collins, Gregory, Hardy) and think we doing a remake of The Longest Yard. but there's a plan in place and it's gonna work out...

*If

and on the 7th day, God created the sundress...i love this time of year

*We Wear the Mask

i think the placebo affect kinda proves that humans have the capacity to self heal. a few hundred years into the future, i bet science & technology will figure out a way to magnify it and completely change the game...

*A Dream Deferred

both my parents are gone. as are my grandparents. i'm starting to see that be the case with alot of my peers.

but it bugs me out when i get calls/texts/emails about my peers themselves passing away. it's hard to accept that a person under 45 dies from anything other than a gun shot or in a car accident. how does a 41 year old die in his sleep? how does a seemingly healthy 45 year old die from a heart attack without having been diagnosed with congestive heart failure or even hypertension?

it don't seem right...

*Life is Fine

if you see a woman with a bad wig on holding a designer bag, is it more likely that the bag is real or the bag is fake?

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 10:43 AM

15. "Dude when i hear about someone under 40 dying of a"
In response to Reply # 13

heart attack, I'm just taken back.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Fri May-08-15 11:20 AM

17. "5 songs about Jane"
In response to Reply # 0

1. This Love
I'm really really bothered by this sudden turn of events last week. I don't even know why it bugs me so much...probably because in my mind, the real reasoning behind why my friend blocked me is not the reason he gave me. It's not the first time a friend unfollowed me, it's not the first time a friend blocked me but I really dont' believe their reasoning at all...and if I said half of what I wanted to say to this person, we wouldn't be friends anymore forever. Which is why I'm just being quiet because the anger and hurt I feel is beyond anything I have felt in years. this is bad.

2. Sunday Morning
I got my mom tickets to see Prince in Baltimore. i'm so jealous. I wanted to go but I have no way back to NYC before I have to be at work (early). And I can't call out the day, it totally sucks not having my coworkers here.

3. Harder To Breathe
To that point, as soon as my one coworker is healed and can come back to work, I'm taking a ridiculous vacation. I wanted to do a costa rica retreat but punked up about going alone. however, my girl and i are thinking miami is a good close move to make.

4. The Sun
It's nice having a friend (of the opposite sex) who you can vent to who you KNOW doesn't want anything from you. As soon as I get upset, its like he knows and sends me a text with the most ridiculous things ever.

5. Shiver
I'm going to get waxed today and I think I waited a week or two longer than I should have...which means more pain. So not excited.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-08-15 11:50 AM

19. "5ive™ Alive..."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri May-08-15 11:58 AM by Creole

535i xdrive
Man, I'd waited 30 years for my own. My dad copped one in 1984. At that time, I said that I'd grab one too when I grew up. It drives so well. Two of my favorite colors in my dream vehicle. Navy blue exterior with a cinnamon brown interior. Meeting with that financial planner yesterday has me thinking hard about getting out of my deal but I swear to Gog and fo mo white people that I love driving MY Ultimate Driving Machine.

PMAN635
The 1st half of my summer of discontent. This is one of the two graduate courses that I will finally be getting out of the way in route to completing my Masters in IT Project Management. No choice but to take classes this summer since I've procrastinated about wrapping this program up for as long as I could. Now, I'm faced with more expiring credits (and spending mo money) if not done by COB 12/31/15. Phuck dat tho! I'm jumping on the road for Memorial Day weekend and will be found on Memorial Road with laptop and textbooks in tow.

ITEC625
Here's the second half of my discontent. Needless to say my procrastination is causing me to retake this course that expired at the end of this current spring semester. Spending unnecessary money on this has me jive pissed at myself for slowing my academic progress in the way that I did. Again though, I'm taking textbooks and laptop on the road to Mexico for a week this July.

-$20k
So, my former employer had a mutual interest in me returning. The decided that they did want me back. However, at a significant loss to me. I respectfuly declined their offer and wished them well as they move forward. Conversation took less than 1 minute after she gave me their "final and best offer". I now believe that the decision has been made for me. I will continue down this consultant/contractor path that I began to travel last September. Just got to swallow the fact that I miscalculated my rate for this contract which is my first one.

Mother's Day! Man, it surely would be nice to hug my mom or see her face this Sunday. She's no idea just how much she inspires and uplifts me with her spirit and love of life. I ain't got time to waste time. So, God-willing, I get to wrap my arms around her when I go home in a couple of weeks.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri May-08-15 12:26 PM

22. "That's what's up!"
In response to Reply # 19

>535i xdrive
>Man, I'd waited 30 years for my own. My dad copped one in
>1984. At that time, I said that I'd grab one too when I grew
>up. It drives so well. Two of my favorite colors in my dream
>vehicle. Navy blue exterior with a cinnamon brown interior.
>Meeting with that financial planner yesterday has me thinking
>hard about getting out of my deal but I swear to Gog and fo mo
>white people that I love driving MY Ultimate Driving Machine.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:09 PM

23. "Mandate on the 535i xdrive..."

pics or it ain't happen.

Car Porn is better than titties and vag shots when you're over 35.

so link some pics man.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:53 PM

30. "LMAO... It happened, akhi! "
In response to Reply # 23

Here are a couple I took on New Years Eve while we were out on the Eastern Shore of MD.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2rhw5xz.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2r43fon.jpg

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 02:06 PM

32. "Nice..."
In response to Reply # 30

consider me jealous.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-08-15 02:13 PM

33. "Man, I guess this is one of the spoils of having kids young;"
In response to Reply # 32

however, that financial planner, whom we met with last night, has me rethinking how I decided to treat myself.

I'm sure the feeling will dissipate by the end of the weekend especially if it is a nice one and if I get to open it up on the highway and backroads.

I've got one foot in the "can't take it with you" category while the other foot is in the "retirement planning" category. Toss up as to which is gonna win.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 02:41 PM

34. "Dude, I work for an investment firm therefore it's embarrassing around "
In response to Reply # 33

here if you don't have the propers set up for retirement.

I mean how can we sell retirement packages and not be partaking (per se).

There's dudes around here that make double what I make that only bring home 1/2 of what I do. They have so much of this and that coming out of their checks for retirement that I'm just amazed that they can survive and provide...but then again they trade options and etc so they actually generate more money than they actually make by working. I dibble and dabble--they are all in it.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-08-15 02:50 PM

36. "Word... If only I had learned the importance at an earlier age,"
In response to Reply # 34

I wouldn't be dealing with my mid-life guilt. LOL

I knew a cat, while I was in the Air Force, who lived in the dorms for six years. He didn't spend money on anything serious for six whole years. Mark left the base in the same jeans he'd arrived in six years earlier. The cat left the base with close to $70k. That level of discipline is what I wish I'd been able to reach.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 03:38 PM

37. "I played around with my contributions until i was 30 as a result my "
In response to Reply # 36

401k plan looks like it.

Granted it looks better than many of my immediate friends but compared to the people I work with? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I'll never have a beach house on some exotic isle.

I'll be on lake lanier with a pontoon boat and a cane fishing pole.

Kim Jong Trill
Member since Jan 31st 2012
548 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:29 PM

25. "535"

Just a heads up, mine drinks oil like water.

but trust me when I say, THIS.WILL.BE.YOUR.BEST.SUMMER

Fuck your fort!

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:57 PM

31. "Still under the maintenance plan which I will renew..."
In response to Reply # 25

if I decide to keep this one. For that dough, I'll let them maintain it to help keep the resell value as high as possible.

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:32 PM

26. "RE: The 5ive™ Places I've Lived"
In response to Reply # 0

Flint, Michigan - Born and Raised

Heading to visit the hometown tomorrow. The munchkin and I fly in to the D tomorrow afternoon. The hubby later on in the evening because he has to fly with his mom down to Louisiana first. LOL!!! I'm hoping she will want to stay there. Its a possibility. But, I don't know. We shall see what happens. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy a week in the Mitten with my munchkin and family while my hubby is in meetings each and every day. Sad but true. But, I will take lots of pictures while we are having our fun so that he can feel like he was there with us.

East Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan - The college years

My daughter is OFFICIALLY potty trained!!!! It took some hard core potty training these past couple weeks, but she is now sitting on the big potty no problem and taking major dumps!!! YUCK!!!!! But, we are saving money because we don't have to buy those expensive ass diapers and pull-ups anymore!!!!

Morrisville/Cary, North Carolina - After college apartments

It sucks that I have to fly knowing a plane crashed on a highway the day before my flight!!!!! True enough it was a small plane but it fucks with me all the same. I am praying for the families of those lost in the crash. And, I feel really sorry for the people who are going to have to avoid I-285 all day due to the traffic. Rush hour is going to be fucked up this evening.

Durham, North Caroline - Current homestead

Mother's Day is this weekend so don't forget to give your gifts. I am going to make CD copies of the pictures my daughter took with her grandparents and giving them to the grandparents, but I am going to frame one picture in particular and give it as a Mother's Day gift to all the grandmas. I think they will like that. I think my mother's day gift is my trip to Michigan and I am totally cool with that. But, I figure I will put this out into the universe...a charm to add to my Pandora bracelet would also be very nice.

San Jose, California/ Vancouver, BC - Future homesteads

Being a stay at home mom has been such a blessing. As much as I "complain" (not really, every mom needs to vent sometimes) there is nothing like waking up to a little person telling me "Mom its morning, we have to get up and go downstairs" or just cuddling up with me in the bed when she wakes up a little early. Or, getting randomly asked "Mom are you happy?" or hearing "Mommy I luvv you!" I may have a 3 year old munchkin who is always on 11...but there is nothing like seeing that little face every day knowing that I pushed her out. Knowing that I changed those stinking diapers. Being home with her and watching her grow and change and learn. Knowing that she loves it when her mommy sings to her and rocks her to sleep. Knowing that she is loved and I am loved back. Being a Mommy, there is NOTHING LIKE IT. And, its truly a blessing.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:50 PM

28. "Congrats on the potty training. "
In response to Reply # 26

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri May-08-15 01:51 PM

29. "RE: Congrats on the potty training. "
In response to Reply # 28

Thanks! You know this has been the bane of my existence for quite a while now. So, it feels good to finally have gotten over that hump.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri May-08-15 02:42 PM

35. "the day i didn't have to make formula or carry a diaper bag was the "
In response to Reply # 29

moment parenthood began to be a tad bit more enjoyable.

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Fri May-08-15 04:11 PM

38. "RE: The 5ive™ "
In response to Reply # 0

A. SMH...glad THAT's been addressed

2) I NEED some new stunnas...i dont wanna pay over a bill for em

iii. New Crib- check New ride- next New gig- welp

Four- i'm losing my appetite again...wtf is this about...same thing this time last year

750mL - aint nothin funnier than an insecure A-type personality dude around chicks .... if u gotta try that hard to 'compete' maybe it aint for u bruh

=======================================
Coolin...

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri May-08-15 05:29 PM

39. "12345more."
In response to Reply # 0

one
wow my sister turns 18 on monday. i feel like just yesterday she was my son's age. i was 15 when she was born and she was 15 when he was born. weird.

two
my son never figured out how to open the door today even though he's been opening that door with no problem for months. i don't get that kid sometimes.

three
looked inside my son's overnight bag and found a card from him but obviously bought by his father. i guess i should thank him, right?

four
it's damn hot outside. hope its like this next week so i can have a reason to be outside.

five
i definitely failed my water only diet but i've cut back considerably on my alcohol intake so i'm still proud of myself. fuck it.

www.royallegacy.org

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Sat May-09-15 12:37 AM

40. "Belated 5"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat May-09-15 12:39 AM by Sepia.

1. That Mayweather/Pacquiao fight was even more wack than I thought it would be.
Tired of both these dudes -- and their fanbases.

2. Have I mentioned lately how great my dog is?
I understand now why some people say their dog is their best friend.
If he were human, we'd totally be socially awkward, neurotic bffs.

3. A family friend paid me 5x more than I thought he would for helping him with a final essay.
I tried rejecting the money but he said my help was a blessing to him and wouldn't accept no.
But I still feel wrong about it. It's so much money and I don't feel like I earned that much.

4. I think I have pes anserine bursitis and it's pissing me off.
But I kinda deserve it after the stupid way I injured my knee in the first place. :-/

5. I'm not really a gamer; I just used to game. So I'm listing my favs here instead:

Sega Genesis: Streets of Rage 2 or Sonic The Hedgehog 2
*Honorable mention: Samurai Showdown; MK3

N64: Goldeneye 007

PS1: Parasite Eve (LONG story)
*Honorable mentions: Resident Evil 2; Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver; MK Trilogy

PS2: Soul Calibur 3 or Tekken Tag Tournament
*Honorable mention: Silent Hill 2

PS3: The Last Of Us

PC: The Sims 2 or Limbo

*Honorable mentions: The Sims 1; Left 4 Dead

KingMonte
4675 posts
Sat May-09-15 08:28 AM

41. "5 Song Friday"
In response to Reply # 0

These 5 are seemingly unconnected and I spare the listener the longwinded thread, but it starts with Kermit the Frog. You cannot hate Kermit the Frog.
http://lsrules.podomatic.com/entry/2015-05-07T23_00_00-07_00

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sun May-10-15 01:55 PM

42. "i really enjoy reading these posts"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun May-10-15 01:59 PM by akon

thought id put that out there.
let me attempt a 5

gonna follow someone's theme and do places i have lived

nairobi, kenya
i love beer. and my current faves are heffeweizen's (for a while now). well how about the other day i spilt beer (erdinger) on my macbook. and lost a paper i was working on for a final. not sure if the macbook is salveageable (i hope) but im much more pleased with this version of my paper- so thats my silver lining.
kenyans will tell you that no self-respecting kenyan will spill beer

kansas city, missouri
i've hated being in gradschool since i got here. but this term (i hate the very idea of terms) is the first time i feel as though i am working toward my dissertation interest. there's still a high possibility that i will not complete this program- i will definitely be shopping for a school that would accept an advanced student and give $$ toward dissertation research. we'll see. Bmore has felt like KC in the sense that i felt i had to get out of there- and i transfered to...

chapel hill, nc
i loved chapel hill. i feel like i came to my own there. currently i live by the undergrad campus of hopkins... and been noticing these kids walk in the streets drinking beer. wtf? thats gotta be 'signs you live in the white side of town shit.'
other than that, this has got to be the deadest campus ever. i feel bad for these kids spending the best times of their lives in the library. living in chapel hill was amazing because of the times i spent getting to know chapel hill, carrboro and durham

New York, NY
prince in baltimore. definitely.going. as soon as i heard about the show it wasnt even a question. fuck year im going to a prince concert. i do hope that he raises money for affected neighbourhoods cause walking through some places around penn north- i was surprised to see what i thought were abandoned buildings had people living in them. this city highlights the things i dont understand about america. there's a cognic dissonance...

Juba, South Sudan
going in June. cant wait. i love my slowing imploding failed state of a country. i went and saw a documentary on sudan (north) and that shit just had me feeling homesick. there are definitely times when im not sure i made the right decision moving back to amerikkka.

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12800367 Previous topic | Next topic