Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689052

Subject: "While sexual assault is not an act of physical power might like a fight." Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8759 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 04:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "While sexual assault is not an act of physical power might like a fight."
In response to In response to 0

There is a sense of intimidation that comes over victims where 'rational' logic doesn't reign in the victim.

Like we've probably all been in physical fights at one point or another, but certainly when we go to fight our hormones flood our minds. And unless you've been trained as a boxer or fighter you're not thinking clearly in the moment, you're just reacting.

Or like when soldiers enter battle. Sometimes training kicks in and they're ready to go, but there are cases where soldiers freeze up or expel fluids on themselves because the event is too much to rationally process.

Likely these victims and even witnesses are processing these events and are so overwhelmed by their audacity that acting as 'expected' doesn't take place.

I know at times I read these stories and can't process it and want to dismiss them, but that's because my interactions with men are mostly platonic. Instances of physical intimidation with men are rare for me, and I'm guessing most of us. It's hard for me to imagine even men who seem too tough for their own good to go that rogue. While I don't think any of us would cross *that* line, we've probably had emotions kick in that remind us of a part of ourselves which we are shocked by and horrify us.

Even though these men don't *seem* like the type who would do this, we all know that violence towards women happens. Unfortunately, it's not always by people who seem emotionally stunted or severely mentally ill.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mike Bibby under investigation for sexual assualt [View all] , Dstl1, Tue Feb-26-19 11:37 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Bitch iz lyin - Tommy Bunz
Feb 26th 2019
Classy!
Feb 26th 2019
What would that even look like
Feb 26th 2019
*here's what I'd do if I were hypothetically there*
Feb 26th 2019
anybody remember when don lemon told that bill cosby accuser
Feb 26th 2019
      Wtf
Feb 26th 2019
      The fuck!!!
Feb 26th 2019
      yuuup.
Feb 27th 2019
Time is a flat circle.
Feb 26th 2019
RE: What would that even look like
Feb 27th 2019
He is a dick. But in the school parking lot?!
Feb 27th 2019
I hope it isn't true. I always liked Mike.
Feb 27th 2019
am the only one
Feb 28th 2019
As big as he is now, he could've molested the football coach
Feb 28th 2019
      He morphed from a southern Cali kid to a Jersey shore adult
Feb 28th 2019

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689052 Previous topic | Next topic