Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhile sexual assault is not an act of physical power might like a fight.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2689052&mesg_id=2689192
2689192, While sexual assault is not an act of physical power might like a fight.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed Feb-27-19 04:33 PM
There is a sense of intimidation that comes over victims where 'rational' logic doesn't reign in the victim.

Like we've probably all been in physical fights at one point or another, but certainly when we go to fight our hormones flood our minds. And unless you've been trained as a boxer or fighter you're not thinking clearly in the moment, you're just reacting.

Or like when soldiers enter battle. Sometimes training kicks in and they're ready to go, but there are cases where soldiers freeze up or expel fluids on themselves because the event is too much to rationally process.

Likely these victims and even witnesses are processing these events and are so overwhelmed by their audacity that acting as 'expected' doesn't take place.

I know at times I read these stories and can't process it and want to dismiss them, but that's because my interactions with men are mostly platonic. Instances of physical intimidation with men are rare for me, and I'm guessing most of us. It's hard for me to imagine even men who seem too tough for their own good to go that rogue. While I don't think any of us would cross *that* line, we've probably had emotions kick in that remind us of a part of ourselves which we are shocked by and horrify us.

Even though these men don't *seem* like the type who would do this, we all know that violence towards women happens. Unfortunately, it's not always by people who seem emotionally stunted or severely mentally ill.