Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMike Bibby under investigation for sexual assualt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2689052
2689052, Mike Bibby under investigation for sexual assualt
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Feb-26-19 11:37 AM
https://deadspin.com/mike-bibby-is-under-investigation-for-allegedly-groping-1832897479

A high school teacher at Shadow Mountain High School in Phoenix, Ariz., received a restraining order against former NBA player Mike Bibby, after alleging that the former Sacramento Kings star forcefully rubbed his genitals on her and groped her in 2017. The Arizona Republic also reports that Bibby, who is the current boys’ basketball coach at the school, is under investigation by Phoenix police, as confirmed by the Paradise Valley Unified School District. Bibby, through his attorney, denied the allegations.

The alleged incident took place on Feb 14., 2017, in the parking lot of the school as the teacher was walking to her classroom. As detailed in the restraining order, Bibby allegedly called her over to his car, grabbed her by the hips, pushed her into the driver’s seat, and got on top of her, rubbing his own body and genitals on her, telling her “What I could do to you.” The teacher wrote in the restraining order that she was “in shock, in fear, intimidated by his actions, afraid of him as he smelled of alcohol.” The order also states that at least two other staff members witnessed the event.

School district spokeswoman Becky Kelbaugh confirmed that there had been an internal investigation into allegations before Phoenix PD informed them of the incident earlier this month:

On February 14, 2019, PV Schools was notified that the Phoenix Police Department opened an investigation into alleged sexual abuse/harassment of a Shadow Mountain High School staff member by the boys head basketball coach, Mike Bibby. At the request of the Phoenix Police Department, the District’s internal investigation was suspended pending the conclusion of the Police Department’s active investigation into the accusations.

Bibby’s lawyer, Donald Harris, categorically denied the allegations.

I can say with pretty much certainty this alleged incident didn’t happen and that will be shown down the road. Michael Bibby did not participate in a sexual assault of any way, shape or form that was alleged by this lady two years ago.

Bibby has been coaching basketball at Shadow Mountain High School since 2013, and has won the Arizona state title in five of the six years he’s been the head coach. The most recent of those came this past Saturday, as Shadow Mountain defeated Glendale Deer Valley High in the state finals to clinch its fourth consecutive title. Bibby was part of the school’s first state title back in 1996, before going off to the University of Arizona, where he won the national title in 1997.
2689101, Bitch iz lyin - Tommy Bunz
Posted by isaaaa, Tue Feb-26-19 04:55 PM

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com
2689102, Classy!
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Feb-26-19 05:00 PM
2689106, What would that even look like
Posted by falafel stand pimpin, Tue Feb-26-19 06:20 PM
If I'm imagining it the way the incident is described, and I'm one of the 2 witnesses there, I'm calling the cops (I probably couldn't walk over there and beat his ass tbh)

Wondering why this took so long to come out if there were witnesses there. In a parking lot, much less a school parking lot, I'm calling the cops.
2689107, *here's what I'd do if I were hypothetically there*
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Feb-26-19 07:19 PM
is a guy you don't actually have to be.

it's entirely your choice.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
2689110, anybody remember when don lemon told that bill cosby accuser
Posted by Reeq, Tue Feb-26-19 08:21 PM
that instead of being forced to give him head...she coulda just bit his dick off? lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCa5AIrpT4Y

niggas monday morning quarterbacking sexual assault smh.
2689111, Wtf
Posted by Cenario, Tue Feb-26-19 08:23 PM
2689122, The fuck!!!
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Feb-26-19 10:59 PM
2689191, yuuup.
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Feb-27-19 04:09 PM

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
2689124, Time is a flat circle.
Posted by Brew, Tue Feb-26-19 11:07 PM
>Wondering why this took so long to come out if there were
>witnesses there.
2689162, RE: What would that even look like
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Feb-27-19 10:08 AM
>If I'm imagining it the way the incident is described, and
>I'm one of the 2 witnesses there, I'm calling the cops (I
>probably couldn't walk over there and beat his ass tbh)

have you seen what Mike Bibby looks like recently?
2689163, He is a dick. But in the school parking lot?!
Posted by Amritsar, Wed Feb-27-19 10:10 AM
2689169, I hope it isn't true. I always liked Mike.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Wed Feb-27-19 11:01 AM
2689192, While sexual assault is not an act of physical power might like a fight.
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Wed Feb-27-19 04:33 PM
There is a sense of intimidation that comes over victims where 'rational' logic doesn't reign in the victim.

Like we've probably all been in physical fights at one point or another, but certainly when we go to fight our hormones flood our minds. And unless you've been trained as a boxer or fighter you're not thinking clearly in the moment, you're just reacting.

Or like when soldiers enter battle. Sometimes training kicks in and they're ready to go, but there are cases where soldiers freeze up or expel fluids on themselves because the event is too much to rationally process.

Likely these victims and even witnesses are processing these events and are so overwhelmed by their audacity that acting as 'expected' doesn't take place.

I know at times I read these stories and can't process it and want to dismiss them, but that's because my interactions with men are mostly platonic. Instances of physical intimidation with men are rare for me, and I'm guessing most of us. It's hard for me to imagine even men who seem too tough for their own good to go that rogue. While I don't think any of us would cross *that* line, we've probably had emotions kick in that remind us of a part of ourselves which we are shocked by and horrify us.

Even though these men don't *seem* like the type who would do this, we all know that violence towards women happens. Unfortunately, it's not always by people who seem emotionally stunted or severely mentally ill.
2689239, am the only one
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Feb-28-19 08:40 AM
who was relieved this wasn't some R. Kelly shit?

Still bad, but I don't want to think of him as R. Kelly-type bad
2689241, As big as he is now, he could've molested the football coach
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Thu Feb-28-19 09:00 AM
2689242, He morphed from a southern Cali kid to a Jersey shore adult
Posted by The Real, Thu Feb-28-19 09:03 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------