Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13095891

Subject: "so i sent my Dear I B M letter 2 days ago. " Previous topic | Next topic
poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Fri Nov-18-16 12:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"so i sent my Dear I B M letter 2 days ago. "

well, farewell email...

============================

subject: It's been real. My last day at IBM is 11/29.

After reading so many of these notes over the years, the time has come for me to write my own. Improbably, I've been here for 23 years and change, and this chapter now comes to a close. I'm very thankful for the career and opportunities that I've had, but I'm much more grateful for the many, many wonderful people I've been blessed to work for and alongside. I have learned an incredible amount from you all and, together, we've had some remarkable accomplishments. I've also had the pleasure of supporting some interesting and challenging accounts over my time here, and I count the friendship and camaraderie of my various customer team members as dearly as that of any IBMers.

You can stay in touch with me, if you choose, at *** , or, via LinkedIn *** ((btw, any okps that wanna add me, hit up the inbox))

I won't editorialize about how this place is no longer what it was when I started. Although this transition wasn't something that I planned, I am actually looking forward to the next phase of my professional life, and excited about my prospects. More important than my options, though, is my faith, and I trust, as always, that the Lord will provide and that the days ahead of me will be brighter than the days behind. For those of you who are also leaving, I pray that you'll find rewarding and enjoyable employment. For those that remain, I wish you continued success.

=====================

that was actually refreshing. i pretty much got my PoCs done for my business done, and am going to start selling as early as next week.

the candle business my wife and i started in May is doing pretty well, and we're in the middle of gearing up for the holiday season, so hopefully that will do some good numbers.

the app business ( Syll abE ye ) has gotten some momentum of late. my son won a pitch contest in Eastern NC sponsored by NC State and ECU, so he moves on to the state competition. more importantly, he's picked up a good potential mentor. we're working w/ someone who can make a couple of needed updates to the iOS app (nothing yet on android) which will hopefully allow us to do a soft-relaunch next semester. even w/ the current version, we have an active pilot in another college in NC and are working on getting more. that has all jumped off over the last couple of months.

i have a 3rd (or 4th, if you count the pre-screen) interview w/ a company on monday. i never even reached out to them. they contacted me. seems like it would be cool. a subset of what i was doing at the old job. and they provide ample training. i really want to see what i can do for self, however. this would be nice to have in the back pocket, tho.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

so i sent my Dear I B M letter 2 days ago. [View all] , poetx, Fri Nov-18-16 12:30 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
All seems well with the transition you're making...
Nov 18th 2016
thanks. it's crazy how complacency can set in.
Nov 18th 2016
      WORD! The longest time spent at a gig, since I left the USAF...
Nov 18th 2016
WHAT?! What happened? Where have I/you been? Imma call you fam
Nov 18th 2016
axe man cometh for all men (and women). i upped the other poast where i
Nov 18th 2016
got to go to a funeral tomorrow for one of my bball players.
Nov 18th 2016
you're a wonderful man poetx
Nov 18th 2016
very good to hear the good news
Nov 18th 2016
Peace and blessings, brother. I wish you much success in the future
Nov 18th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13095891 Previous topic | Next topic