Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2526305

Subject: "Kyrie's lack of passing shows again he's not ready to lead a team (swipe..." Previous topic | Next topic
40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Kyrie's lack of passing shows again he's not ready to lead a team (swipe..."
Mon Mar-21-16 12:01 PM by 40thStreetBlack

Dion fault (c) Basa

oh wait...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/03/kyrie_irving_shows_again_that_hes_not_ready.html

Kyrie Irving shows again that he's not ready to lead a team

By Chris Haynes, Cleveland.com

on March 17, 2016 at 11:42 AM, updated March 17, 2016 at 12:25 PM

ORLANDO – Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said he wanted Kyrie Irving to be aggressive with LeBron James taking Wednesday's game off against the Dallas Mavericks.

However, somewhere there was a disconnect, because Irving must have heard, "Shoot, shoot, shoot."

A game-high 33 points on 12-of-28 shooting along with a late game-saving steal allowed the Cavs to squeak by the Mavericks in a 99-98 victory at The Q. But it was his unwillingness to get others involved that left onlookers and his teammates scratching their heads.

After the game, a few players were puzzled to how their point guard managed to register just one measly assist while playing 39 minutes. They were frustrated, but the win and Irving's huge defensive play lessened the anger.

The notion within the locker room is that the situation is tolerable, because it isn't permanent. If the Cavaliers were dealt the misfortune of playing without James for an extended period of time, this locker room would be boiling over.

Players are growing tired of Irving's inability to not only register a proper amount of assists at the lead guard position, but also to just move the ball.

Did Irving pass more than once? Of course, but only when he was forced to do so. At one point in the second quarter, he dribbled relentlessly for 24 seconds and went nowhere. Dallas' Chandler Parsons stayed in front of him and let him do all that fancy dribbling in one spot. Irving ended up settling for a tough mid-range jumper that clanked off the rim.

His teammates were in disbelief.

Lue didn't want to rain on Irving's parade during his postgame address. He reiterated that the plan was for Irving to stay in attack mode, but the way his point guard played attacked the morale of his team.

Instead of worrying about how to come together to defeat the Mavericks, players were internally wrestling with knowing they weren't going to touch the ball much, if at all. That's not winning basketball.

Right now, Irving isn't ready to lead his own team. He has a grand total of four assists in his last two games.

James brings peace and tranquility to an offense. He's able to pick his spots and understands that being aggressive doesn't mean looking for your shot on every possession. James' presence masks a lot of this team's inefficiencies.

For his teammates' sake, they are hoping he continues to do so.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
LOL...who wrote this? Maverick? I don't even care if it's true...
Mar 21st 2016
It definitely reads like an OKS agenda post, lol
Mar 21st 2016
Bron's earned the benefit of the doubt, plus
Mar 21st 2016
Haynes is definitely a LeBrony, the degree to which I am unsure
Mar 21st 2016
      update: He's a cut-rate Isola:
Mar 21st 2016
           lolz, so which one of you guys is "C2Poke"?
Mar 21st 2016
Oh, well, if Cleveland.com said so...
Mar 21st 2016
This is what you call a sice.
Mar 21st 2016
are you counting the 16 passes to the rim?
Mar 21st 2016
      if it counts for Kobe, it counts for Kyrie
Mar 21st 2016
           fair
Mar 21st 2016
cool
Mar 21st 2016
This is from last week.
Mar 21st 2016
Why do you think?
Mar 21st 2016
Read: "Kyrie scores 33, shoots 46%, plays defense, Cavs win."
Mar 21st 2016
shit's disgusting.
Mar 21st 2016
So LeBron is a tranquil, stabilizing influence on this squad? Okayyyy
Mar 21st 2016
so Bron is a cancer now?
Mar 21st 2016
1 assist is trash regardless of who wrote the article
Mar 21st 2016
pretty much...he's not a PG
Mar 21st 2016
back just in-time for more Kang playoff historics
Mar 21st 2016
basically
Mar 21st 2016
as long as Kemba trash, too. 1 dime, SAME NIGHT
Mar 21st 2016
      Wall average 10 assist
Mar 21st 2016
      Take your goalpost, put two giant dicks on each prong
Mar 21st 2016
           nygga u the one out here dry snitching on nyggas not even mentioned
Mar 21st 2016
                It's not crime, it's basketball, you dick kabob-eating fucknut
Mar 21st 2016
                     Holla at me when u want to address KYRIE
Mar 21st 2016
                     Dogg, you clearly have a frame of reference in mind
Mar 21st 2016
                          my reference point is 39 minutes and 1 assist
Mar 21st 2016
                               and mine is Kemba's 38 minutes and 1 dime. oh well
Mar 21st 2016
                                    if you gotta prop him up next to kemba to make him look good
Mar 21st 2016
                                         I'll compare his first five seasons to ANYONE to prop him up
Mar 22nd 2016
                                              all good but can he run an offense or not?
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                   is he GOOD...that's all i've ever cared about. the rest is posturing.
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                        ^^^^ owner of 1st hoverboard goalpost
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                             and your willingness to make it about one aspect of his game says a lot
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                                  I don't do agendas
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                                       well, let's drop it there, because you don't know anything about kyrie
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                                            lol lue had no choice
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                                                 it is true...yes, it's unfortunate kyrie got hurt
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                                                 how many with PATCHES tho?
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                                                 cool wit me....*shrug*
Mar 22nd 2016
                                                                                 word.
Mar 22nd 2016
                     dick kabob-eating fucknut. imma find a way to use that
Mar 22nd 2016
      RE: as long as Kemba trash, too. 1 dime, SAME NIGHT
Mar 21st 2016
if lebron ain't subtweet after its a non-issue.
Mar 21st 2016
LOL
Mar 21st 2016
Kyrie making my "little rappity raps" timeless
Mar 21st 2016
DJRs a prophet and I think you ought to listen to What he can say to you...
Mar 21st 2016
It was written
Apr 02nd 2016
Dion making the Thunder useless, drop some bars about that
Mar 21st 2016
I'm still waiting on that Long-term L...
Mar 21st 2016
Why? Hasn't this Bulls squad already provided you w/a lifetime of L's
Mar 21st 2016
Oh...you are back???
Mar 21st 2016
he 23 and not fucked up...unlike some people
Mar 21st 2016
you been holding that for at least 2 calendar years, POOPINCHICAGO
Mar 21st 2016
lmao
Mar 22nd 2016
RE: you been holding that for at least 2 calendar years, POOPINCHICAGO
Mar 22nd 2016
POOPINCHICAGO <--- lmao
Mar 22nd 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6cpTY10UU
Apr 03rd 2016
wonder how many career double doubles we're up to now... 19?... 20?
Mar 22nd 2016
And Bron is talking about it..
Apr 02nd 2016
No.
Apr 03rd 2016
Bron knows that the Cavs need Kyrie to win a 'chip
Apr 03rd 2016
he need to up his game off the court too....
Apr 03rd 2016
Kyrie did none of this stuff. Pressed-ass Drake-adjacent fans did.
Apr 03rd 2016
I finally read this. What in the absolute fuck lol.
Apr 03rd 2016
Kyrie is officially Kobe now.
Apr 03rd 2016
      please stop trying to make Kyrie = Kobe happen
Apr 03rd 2016
           go arch your eyebrows, pressed ass nigga
Apr 04th 2016
                pressed is when u called kyrie 'kobe 2.0'
Apr 04th 2016
                     you look like a freshly pressed parking lot with caterpillar eyebrows
Apr 04th 2016
                          what's going on here? ain't yall all in the same gang?
Apr 04th 2016
                          #AgendaWarz BACK!
Apr 04th 2016
                          Doc and Sev been going back and forth for some time now
Apr 04th 2016
                          Pretty weird series of replies but yea..
Apr 04th 2016
another one
Jun 20th 2016
Oh yeah, and about that 'Kobe' shit:
Jun 20th 2016

Dstl1
Charter member
56224 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "LOL...who wrote this? Maverick? I don't even care if it's true..."
In response to Reply # 0

but some of the sensational wording and Bron-centricness made me legit lol...especially the part about Bron bringing "tranquility".

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "It definitely reads like an OKS agenda post, lol"
In response to Reply # 1

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Bron's earned the benefit of the doubt, plus"
In response to Reply # 1

>but some of the sensational wording and Bron-centricness made
>me legit lol...especially the part about Bron bringing
>"tranquility".

Bron is the first one off the bench always propping
up Kyrie

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Haynes is definitely a LeBrony, the degree to which I am unsure"
In response to Reply # 1

>but some of the sensational wording and Bron-centricness made
>me legit lol...especially the part about Bron bringing
>"tranquility".

but that "tranquility" line made me think the word "Kang" was gonna follow not too far after

this team has been like a weird mix of the Rockets and OKC this season. "tranquility" is not the word I'd use

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 02:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
20. "update: He's a cut-rate Isola:"
In response to Reply # 10
Mon Mar-21-16 02:31 PM by Dr Claw

link: https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/03/will_lebron_james_relationship.html

lol @ "James continuing to hang out with the opposition's best player -- a player who happens to be one of his best friends, a player he won two titles with -- isn't conducive to building locker-room camaraderie."

-- also, found in that bullshit... Cavs haven't won in Miami since 2010. goddammit, I hate that fuckin team

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 06:49 PM

33. "lolz, so which one of you guys is "C2Poke"?"
In response to Reply # 20
Mon Mar-21-16 06:50 PM by dula dibiasi

>link:
>https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/03/will_lebron_james_relationship.html#comments

C2Poke 3 hours ago

Lebron's relationship with Wade wouldn't matter much if it wasn't for Kyrie's idiocy. The way he plays the game is not conducive to winning. And he is resistant to encouragement by coaches and teammates to change his approach to the game. The Cavs need Kyrie to be a "willing" facilitator, but he continues to be a reluctant one. There are 29 PGs, 5 SGs, 2 PFs & 2 SFs averaging more assists per game than the Cavs' STARTING PG (Kyrie). In Assist/TO ratio, Kyrie ranks 101st overall in the NBA. When a PG as talented as Kyrie isn't top-30 in assists in a 30-team league, it's because he has no interest in facilitating an offense. Lebron isn't going to stay in Cleveland to play PG so that Kyrie can lead the team in shots while playing bad defense. That's not a winning formula.

Kyrie is going to have shape up, get shipped out, or Lebron is likely leaving.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44713 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:12 PM

2. "Oh, well, if Cleveland.com said so..."
In response to Reply # 0

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:20 PM

5. "This is what you call a sice."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-21-16 12:27 PM by Dr Claw

>A game-high 33 points on 12-of-28 shooting along with a late
>game-saving steal allowed the Cavs to squeak by the Mavericks
>in a 99-98 victory at The Q. But it was his unwillingness to
>get others involved that left onlookers and his teammates
>scratching their heads.

and this is why, in a game with LeBron James not playing and the coach taking Channing Frye out of lineups in a game where he is demolishing the other team from 3, Kyrie not having a high assist total doesn't matter.

also, the Cavs won that game. they usually lose those type of games, if LeBron isn't playing. that last 3 that brought the score to a 1 point game was a futile one, because Kyrie put the game out of reach.

That's the kind of game that, under normal, non-sicing situations should be a building block. you can win against a team with great players without your star player.

But people are content to turn Kyrie into the next Kobe.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59167 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:27 PM

6. "are you counting the 16 passes to the rim?"
In response to Reply # 5

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:28 PM

8. "if it counts for Kobe, it counts for Kyrie"
In response to Reply # 6

Cenario
59167 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:38 PM

11. "fair"
In response to Reply # 8

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:27 PM

7. "cool"
In response to Reply # 0

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Numba_33
Charter member
19322 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:29 PM

9. "This is from last week."
In response to Reply # 0

Why is this being posted today? I'm not a fan or defender of Kyrie, but the timing for this seems off. Posting about the Heat demolishing the Cavs seems to make more sense to me, but that's just my opinion.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:39 PM

13. "Why do you think?"
In response to Reply # 9

>Why is this being posted today? I'm not a fan or defender of
>Kyrie, but the timing for this seems off.

#AGENDAWARZ

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:38 PM

12. "Read: "Kyrie scores 33, shoots 46%, plays defense, Cavs win.""
In response to Reply # 0

Hilarious how the article gets even the little things wrong-- he went 13-for-28, for instance. Weird how he accidentally removed a FG made instead of accidentally adding one!

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 12:54 PM

14. "shit's disgusting."
In response to Reply # 12

I'd hate to have seen if that FG% was lower, and the Cavs lost, esp. w/o LeBron.

theeraser
Member since Feb 11th 2007
7218 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 01:24 PM

15. "So LeBron is a tranquil, stabilizing influence on this squad? Okayyyy"
In response to Reply # 0

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 02:44 PM

23. "so Bron is a cancer now?"
In response to Reply # 15

Things turn into complete shyt most of the time when he misses games. Yal going to act like he doesn't provide stability?

I mean they're a top seed with championship expectations with one of the most prolific players in history on the squad.

So maybe the atmosphere ain't yoga studio 'tranquil' but I think most yal playing dense to keep from addressing the facts layed out in the article.

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 01:56 PM

16. "1 assist is trash regardless of who wrote the article"
In response to Reply # 0

Yal wanna talk about everything else but that

I mean i get it

But facts is facts

Them And1 mixtape highlights is cute but nygga can't run an n offense

guru0509
Charter member
45339 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 02:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "pretty much...he's not a PG"
In response to Reply # 16

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 02:29 PM

19. "back just in-time for more Kang playoff historics "
Mon Mar-21-16 02:29 PM by Vex_id

it's good to be here (c) digable planets

-->

spawn2k
Charter member
6453 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 02:44 PM

22. "basically"

men are so simple, and so subject to present necessities, that he who seeks to deceive will always find someone who will allow himself to be deceived. (c)Niccol Machiavelli

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 04:33 PM

26. "as long as Kemba trash, too. 1 dime, SAME NIGHT"

No one says a word. kyrie averages more dimes than him for their career, but Kemba is surely a PG. no doubt about it...because he can't score 50...,he can't hang 40 on Russ or Rondo or wall...REPEATEDLY! REAL point guards.

A goomba will always get credit for being a real PG, because niggas act like they're miraculous to even be in the L. If Kemba or IT scores 30....OMG!!! Double double...LOOK WHAT DA LAWD DONE MADE!!!

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 04:43 PM

27. "Wall average 10 assist"
In response to Reply # 26

Kyrie 4.5

But stay focused

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 05:14 PM

30. "Take your goalpost, put two giant dicks on each prong"
In response to Reply # 27

And eat them shits like a kabob, dogg.

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 06:16 PM

31. "nygga u the one out here dry snitching on nyggas not even mentioned"
In response to Reply # 30

10 fuks outta here yo

Ol yea me and my nygga robbed that bank but so and so robbed the one on 25th so y u ain't questioning them ass nygga

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 06:40 PM

32. "It's not crime, it's basketball, you dick kabob-eating fucknut"
In response to Reply # 31

I simply mentioned that there was another PG with one dime in a win that no one would ever think twice about shitting on. And Kamba does that shit OFTEN.

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 07:14 PM

36. "Holla at me when u want to address KYRIE"
In response to Reply # 32

Gotdamb

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 07:18 PM

37. "Dogg, you clearly have a frame of reference in mind"
In response to Reply # 36
Mon Mar-21-16 07:19 PM by Basaglia

if one assist is BAD for kyrie, i would assume it's BAD for ANY PG who does it. If it's not BAD for ANY point guard, you need to shut your pressed ass up.

the issue ain't kyrie, the issue is a point guard having only 1 dime in a game.

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 10:58 PM

41. "my reference point is 39 minutes and 1 assist "
In response to Reply # 37
Mon Mar-21-16 10:59 PM by SeV

Yes that's bad for any PG

It's a theme for Kyrie

An anomaly for others

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 11:11 PM

42. "and mine is Kemba's 38 minutes and 1 dime. oh well"
In response to Reply # 41
Mon Mar-21-16 11:14 PM by Basaglia

it's BEEN a theme for Kemba and no one says shit, because he ain't shit. he's a walking sidebar.

niggas been mad kyrie good from DAY 1. y'all been on a chase from like december 2011. y'all thought he'd be mediocre and he's not. now, AGAIN, y'all tryna eat while he plays his way back into shape and rhythm after missing a whole summer of workouts.

for the record, i don't expect the bitchmade goalpost moving to stop AFTER he gets his ring. i expect it to increase.

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 11:29 PM

43. "if you gotta prop him up next to kemba to make him look good"
In response to Reply # 42
Mon Mar-21-16 11:30 PM by SeV

That says everything.

I mean have expectations lowered that much?

Damb

Nygga really in here throwing a kemba walker smoke grenade for his escape attempt.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 05:45 AM

45. "I'll compare his first five seasons to ANYONE to prop him up"
In response to Reply # 43

That's what pisses y'all off. His first five seasons....the nigga has achieved a shit ton at 23. All he needs is a ring. Y'all ain't expect this shit and the goalposts been moving since you realized he'd be something to deal with.

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 08:25 AM

46. "all good but can he run an offense or not? "
In response to Reply # 45

Facts say no

Can he pound the air out the ball for 19 seconds

Yes

Facilitate an offense?

No

That's all this post is about.

Not wither a #1 pick is better than Kemba

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 08:36 AM

48. "is he GOOD...that's all i've ever cared about. the rest is posturing. "
In response to Reply # 46

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 08:45 AM

49. "^^^^ owner of 1st hoverboard goalpost "
In response to Reply # 48

Nobody is questioning if he's good

He's a #1 pick in the NBA and got 'patches'

Can he facilitate an offense or not Basa?

Your unwillingness to answer says a lot.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 09:10 AM

50. "and your willingness to make it about one aspect of his game says a lot"
In response to Reply # 49
Tue Mar-22-16 09:13 AM by Basaglia

OF COURSE he can distribute and run an offense. he wouldn't even be getting time if he couldn't. can he do it as well as some others, like paul or wall or russ or rubio or whoever? no, he cannot. numbers show that. can he do it AS WELL as guys like kemba or teague or dragic. STATS show YES. does he have an offensive skillset that makes him a better SCORER than everyone i just listed. yes.

so, if you really wanna have a legit discussion...i'm with that. but don't get to be butthurt when i pick apart other people's games to unmask your agenda. i'm just putting things in perspective, because in vacuum, his 4.5 apg this season could be perceived as a LOT without comparative information.

there's nothing wrong with simply admitting you have an agenda against a player and you want them to fail. you don't need contrived flaws in their games to do that.

i do just fine by being a purebred hater and saying "player A not better than player B"...that's ALL you need

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 10:21 AM

51. "I don't do agendas "
In response to Reply # 50

I was hype when Bron went back to cavs

I was like damn my nygga finally going to have a real pg to run the offense and set my nygga up and be able to facilitate when Bron ain't playing

But he can't

That's my only issue

Hell I would've settled if he could just play off Bron on some wade shyt but he can't even do that

His only skillset is using his and1 handles to go 1 on 1,2 or 3

He'll catch fire every now and then and look like a top 5 player in the league

But that's it

If he can facilitate an offense he sure hasn't shown he can do it anywhere near a consistent basis

Especially for a pg of his caliber

This issue ain't contrived at all

But congrats on being happy he's better than Kemba and Rubio lol

Not bad for a #1 pick I guess

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 10:35 AM

53. "well, let's drop it there, because you don't know anything about kyrie"
In response to Reply # 51

>I was hype when Bron went back to cavs
>
>I was like damn my nygga finally going to have a real pg to
>run the offense

bron runs the offense better. simple as that. and now lue got kyrie playing with delly so he can run and kyrie can score. because lue knows what kyrie is and how to use him. in the long run, this will work out. kyrie is a combo guard. always has been.

if you care about the cavs, you need to be worried about bron still taking all the last shots, because that's why they lost last year.

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 10:45 AM

54. "lol lue had no choice"
In response to Reply # 53

Kyrie can't do shyt else

And Bron taking the last shot ain't got nothing to do with y they lost

But im sure u just threw that out cause u kinda in ya feelings right now

I mean even if it were true

at least he was available to take it

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 10:52 AM

55. "it is true...yes, it's unfortunate kyrie got hurt"
In response to Reply # 54
Tue Mar-22-16 10:53 AM by Basaglia

i'm fine with anyone not liking ky, but petty griping about low assist totals from the team's PG should apply to EVERYONE. y'all made it like it was some exclusive shortcoming. nah, PLENTY of NBA starting PG's have relatively low assists totals.

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 11:41 AM

57. "how many with PATCHES tho?"
In response to Reply # 55
Tue Mar-22-16 11:42 AM by SeV

D.Rose?

All I can think of

But props to being in the company of Jose Calderón and Felton

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 11:44 AM

58. "cool wit me....*shrug*"
In response to Reply # 57

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 11:53 AM

60. "word. "
In response to Reply # 58

Same

thejerseytornado
Member since Dec 24th 2005
26423 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 11:51 AM

59. "dick kabob-eating fucknut. imma find a way to use that "
In response to Reply # 32

prolly get me fired, but worth it.
-----------
you think we playing chess, but i'm playing mad-making. Basaglia

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 04:47 PM

28. "RE: as long as Kemba trash, too. 1 dime, SAME NIGHT"
In response to Reply # 26
Mon Mar-21-16 04:49 PM by murph71

I think it's because Ky is viewed as a special player....Some folks even viewed him as a franchise player...

Kemba is a player who has managed to surprise a lot of doubters....He's better than his doubters thought he would be....But he has never been viewed on the level of Ky...

Nobody is paying attention to Kemba's team...All eyes on Bron/Cavs....So the spotlight will be hotter on Ky....No use crying about it because there's going to be even more scrutiny for Ky as the season progresses....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Cenario
59167 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 02:03 PM

17. "if lebron ain't subtweet after its a non-issue."
In response to Reply # 0

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 03:59 PM

24. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 17

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18622 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 02:35 PM

21. "Kyrie making my "little rappity raps" timeless"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-21-16 02:35 PM by DJR

Still relevant today, sadly.

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27109 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 04:02 PM

25. "DJRs a prophet and I think you ought to listen to What he can say to you..."
In response to Reply # 21
Mon Mar-21-16 04:05 PM by 40thStreetBlack

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18622 posts
Sat Apr-02-16 05:37 PM

62. "It was written"
In response to Reply # 25

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 08:50 PM

40. "Dion making the Thunder useless, drop some bars about that"
In response to Reply # 21

PIMPINCHICAGO
Member since Mar 11th 2003
7441 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 05:07 PM

29. "I'm still waiting on that Long-term L..."
In response to Reply # 0

lol...

Isaiah Thomas >>>>>>>>>>

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 06:51 PM

34. "Why? Hasn't this Bulls squad already provided you w/a lifetime of L's"
In response to Reply # 29

>lol...
>
>
>Isaiah Thomas >>>>>>>>>>
>
>
>
>

grassrootsphilosopher

PIMPINCHICAGO
Member since Mar 11th 2003
7441 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 08:14 PM

38. "Oh...you are back???"
In response to Reply # 34

I thought you had left....

...again...

Lol

You shouldn't even begin to talk about L's

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 07:03 PM

35. "he 23 and not fucked up...unlike some people"
Mon Mar-21-16 07:03 PM by Basaglia

keep waiting

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Mar-21-16 08:32 PM

39. "you been holding that for at least 2 calendar years, POOPINCHICAGO"

the Bulls are going straight down the toilet as I type. you really wanna play this game?

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 12:25 AM

44. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 39
Tue Mar-22-16 12:26 AM by LA2Philly

killin me Doc....some might even say they are a crock of shit now.

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 10:23 AM

52. "RE: you been holding that for at least 2 calendar years, POOPINCHICAGO"
Tue Mar-22-16 10:28 AM by murph71

>the Bulls are going straight down the toilet as I type. you
>really wanna play this game?

Yo...U my people Doc...But all this praise dancing going on because the Bulls have been hit CRAZY by the injury bug? I'm giving y'all the finger....

We gon' be alright....U already know I'm old school with this shit...Fuck the Cavs....Central Division...All that....But yeah...Even my struggling ass Bulls are still in the playoffs as of posting this...

Fuck the Cavs....Fuck Bron....Fuck Kyrie...Fuck the Cavs' towel boy....Fuck all y'all...lol

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 11:05 AM

56. "POOPINCHICAGO <--- lmao"

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 05:34 PM

69. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6cpTY10UU"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6cpTY10UU

-->

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Tue Mar-22-16 08:34 AM

47. "wonder how many career double doubles we're up to now... 19?... 20?"
In response to Reply # 0

melmag
Charter member
18469 posts
Sat Apr-02-16 05:18 PM

61. "And Bron is talking about it.."
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/716096957832413184

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 07:57 AM

63. "No."
In response to Reply # 61

LeBron was telling him something along the lines of

"Fuck the other 50 minutes of this game, right now, you need to focus, catch this ball, and get fouled, because you're our best free throw shooter. Make them buckets and win this game."

He more or less confirmed that in the post-game interviews.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/lloyd/cavs-110-hawks-108-ot-jason-lloyd-s-20-thoughts-on-lebron-james-irving-s-free-throw-streak-1.673322

Read #10 on the game points list

(For the record, that WOULD be the game that Kyrie got chewed out for something like that; he had an awful shooting night, and a couple of ISO-fests that shouldn't have been in the 2nd half. Then again, that's on Lue for not switching him out for JR at least 5-10 minutes into the half)

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 10:29 AM

64. "Bron knows that the Cavs need Kyrie to win a 'chip"
In response to Reply # 61

He can't do it on his own (he tried last year and almost did it - but it's impossible)
- and Kyrie has been in a serious shooting slump, so Bron was trying to rouse up his confidence (as Doc pointed out) - and if you note, Bron went right to Kyrie in that situation v. the Hawks down the stretch when it came time to put somebody on the line to seal the game. Kyrie hit a huge 3 and made key free throws down the stretch - that's what CLE must have from him moving forward if they have a chance against the SA/GSW titans.

I admit I was hoping for Kyrie to be more effective than he currently is - but I have no doubt he'll be there and ready to play in the playoffs, and I still think he's not yet 100% right after that knee injury (a knee which he shouldn't have been playing on) from the Finals.

-->

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 03:04 PM

65. "he need to up his game off the court too...."
In response to Reply # 0

he getting G'd for his girl.....then trying to slut-shame her on the internets making her try to off herself...

not a good look.

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 05:18 PM

67. "Kyrie did none of this stuff. Pressed-ass Drake-adjacent fans did."
In response to Reply # 65

>he getting G'd for his girl.....then trying to slut-shame her
>on the internets making her try to off herself...
>
>not a good look.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85054 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 04:22 PM

66. "I finally read this. What in the absolute fuck lol."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 05:20 PM

68. "Kyrie is officially Kobe now."
In response to Reply # 66

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Sun Apr-03-16 05:39 PM

70. "please stop trying to make Kyrie = Kobe happen "
In response to Reply # 68

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Apr-04-16 09:13 AM

71. "go arch your eyebrows, pressed ass nigga"
In response to Reply # 70

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Apr-04-16 09:29 AM

72. "pressed is when u called kyrie 'kobe 2.0'"
In response to Reply # 71

For real u look ridiculous

It's not going to happen

Please stop.

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Apr-04-16 09:41 AM

73. "you look like a freshly pressed parking lot with caterpillar eyebrows"
In response to Reply # 72
Mon Apr-04-16 09:45 AM by Dr Claw

making you the preeminent authority on "ridiculous", Toine.

Dstl1
Charter member
56224 posts
Mon Apr-04-16 09:53 AM

74. "what's going on here? ain't yall all in the same gang?"
In response to Reply # 73

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Mon Apr-04-16 09:56 AM

75. "#AgendaWarz BACK!"
In response to Reply # 74

-->

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Mon Apr-04-16 11:50 AM

77. "Doc and Sev been going back and forth for some time now "
In response to Reply # 74

It's one of the more head scratching beefs on the boards

SeV
Charter member
50208 posts
Mon Apr-04-16 10:27 AM

76. "Pretty weird series of replies but yea.."
In response to Reply # 73

It's not going to happen

Don't know y u taking this so personally

Unhinged doc back?

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 01:01 AM

78. "another one"
In response to Reply # 0

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 05:38 AM

79. "Oh yeah, and about that 'Kobe' shit:"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/744746733893099520

Ben Golliver Verified account
‏@BenGolliver

"All I was thinking in the back of mind was Mamba Mentality." Kyrie Irving, Kobe Disciple, on Game 7 approach

"Kyrie Irving, Kobe Disciple"

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2526305 Previous topic | Next topic