Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2351060

Subject: "Who do you think will win the SEC West this year?" Previous topic | Next topic
yoose2lurk
Member since Feb 02nd 2005
8999 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 10:42 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Who do you think will win the SEC West this year?"

Auburn has to be the favorite with everyone they have coming back and it doesn't appear that anyone has figured out how to stop Gus's offense. Bama should be solid but the kicking game and QB uncertainty may hold us back. What y'all think?

Poll result (8 votes)
Alabama (3 votes)Vote
Auburn (2 votes)Vote
LSU (3 votes)Vote
Texas A&M (0 votes)Vote
Ole Miss or MSU (0 votes)Vote
Arkansas (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I don't agree with Auburn being the favorite
Jul 15th 2014
RE: I don't agree with Auburn being the favorite
Jul 15th 2014
      I think the talent leans towards the offensive side
Jul 15th 2014
I really do think Ole Miss and Starkvegas finish ahead of A&M
Jul 17th 2014
as a bama fan,
Jul 17th 2014
Florida State
Jul 17th 2014

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 03:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I don't agree with Auburn being the favorite"
In response to Reply # 0

Their defense is fairly lousy, much like A&M, for serious consideration as a contender

<-Fear Ameer

yoose2lurk
Member since Feb 02nd 2005
8999 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 03:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: I don't agree with Auburn being the favorite"
In response to Reply # 1

I think their supposed lack of a defense is exaggerated. With that offense, it's not like they need to be a top 20 defense anyway. Besides, it's Ellis Johnson's second year and the players should be more comfortable. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

---
Dynasty -
noun, plural dy�nas�ties.
1. a sequence of rulers from the same family, stock, or group; Roll Tide.

Alabama Crimson Tide: 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020 Nat’l Champ

DeepAztheRoot
13992 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 04:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I think the talent leans towards the offensive side"
In response to Reply # 2

86th in total defense, 48th in scoring defense says they were plenty mediocre

anxious to see what adjustments defenses make to the wing T this year and if the passing O will have to play a greater role

maybe Malzahn is like T.O. in that the little wrinkles in the O are enough to keep defenses off balance when they know what is coming

<-Fear Ameer

DeepAztheRoot
13992 posts
Thu Jul-17-14 01:32 AM

4. "I really do think Ole Miss and Starkvegas finish ahead of A&M"
In response to Reply # 0

Sumlin's going to be dealing with a lot of growing pains/youth this year

A lot of faith in LSU here since Jennings looked pedestrian at best against Iowa and they lost the two best WR's LSU has had in a long while

<-Fear Ameer

tariqhu
Charter member
17896 posts
Thu Jul-17-14 10:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "as a bama fan,"
In response to Reply # 0

I hate say it, but auburn is in the lead. mainly because they will now be more experience in that offense. which really only needs marshall to be more of a threat to run. I hope they have some fall off at running back though since Tre is gone.

I'm actually not too worried about bama's qb. Nick has made the right choices before on the position, winning a chip with first year starters. big concern for me is stopping these fast offenses. need more from the D line.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Jul-17-14 10:10 AM

6. "Florida State"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2351060 Previous topic | Next topic