Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWho do you think will win the SEC West this year?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2351060
2351060, Who do you think will win the SEC West this year?
Posted by yoose2lurk, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
Auburn has to be the favorite with everyone they have coming back and it doesn't appear that anyone has figured out how to stop Gus's offense. Bama should be solid but the kicking game and QB uncertainty may hold us back. What y'all think?

Poll question: Who do you think will win the SEC West this year?

Poll result (8 votes)
Alabama (3 votes)Vote
Auburn (2 votes)Vote
LSU (3 votes)Vote
Texas A&M (0 votes)Vote
Ole Miss or MSU (0 votes)Vote
Arkansas (0 votes)Vote

2351263, I don't agree with Auburn being the favorite
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Tue Jul-15-14 03:22 PM
Their defense is fairly lousy, much like A&M, for serious consideration as a contender

2351272, RE: I don't agree with Auburn being the favorite
Posted by yoose2lurk, Tue Jul-15-14 03:38 PM
I think their supposed lack of a defense is exaggerated. With that offense, it's not like they need to be a top 20 defense anyway. Besides, it's Ellis Johnson's second year and the players should be more comfortable. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.
2351281, I think the talent leans towards the offensive side
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Tue Jul-15-14 04:01 PM
86th in total defense, 48th in scoring defense says they were plenty mediocre

anxious to see what adjustments defenses make to the wing T this year and if the passing O will have to play a greater role

maybe Malzahn is like T.O. in that the little wrinkles in the O are enough to keep defenses off balance when they know what is coming
2352032, I really do think Ole Miss and Starkvegas finish ahead of A&M
Posted by DeepAztheRoot, Thu Jul-17-14 01:32 AM
Sumlin's going to be dealing with a lot of growing pains/youth this year

A lot of faith in LSU here since Jennings looked pedestrian at best against Iowa and they lost the two best WR's LSU has had in a long while
2352093, as a bama fan,
Posted by tariqhu, Thu Jul-17-14 10:06 AM
I hate say it, but auburn is in the lead. mainly because they will now be more experience in that offense. which really only needs marshall to be more of a threat to run. I hope they have some fall off at running back though since Tre is gone.

I'm actually not too worried about bama's qb. Nick has made the right choices before on the position, winning a chip with first year starters. big concern for me is stopping these fast offenses. need more from the D line.
2352094, Florida State
Posted by bshelly, Thu Jul-17-14 10:10 AM