Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2273124

Subject: ""THANK GOD IT'S FINNA SNOW!!" (C) Lions going into Philly" Previous topic | Next topic
mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""THANK GOD IT'S FINNA SNOW!!" (C) Lions going into Philly"

Eh, being a part of a scarred fanbase that wanna believe in Foles, being a nasty-weather in December city concerns me since dude is a warm weather guy.

It's all about Foles out playing Stafford so excuse me if I'm freaking out over this one detail of it being cold as shit over here, altho Stafford also has a similar sucky bad-weather history if I'm not mistaken.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I Feel The Chill All The Way Out West Here With You, Brother.
Dec 08th 2013
So jealous that you got to watch in person that 58-37 beat down
Dec 08th 2013
that's my favorite day at The Vet ever, actually just one of my favorite
Dec 08th 2013
lol
Dec 08th 2013
Do u even know what u jus did here??
Dec 08th 2013
!!!REVERSE JINX FTW!!! (/^o^)/
Dec 08th 2013
Tough one to predict. I guess history is on our side, but in this
Dec 08th 2013
holy crap it is REALLY snowing wow
Dec 08th 2013
Clown show
Dec 08th 2013
Holy shit at the first throw! LOL. Yeah, the weather will be a factor
Dec 08th 2013
this is insane
Dec 08th 2013
LOL its snowing like a mofo out here. Good thing we got Shady
Dec 08th 2013
^^^
Dec 08th 2013
Holy shit @ the weather conditions
Dec 08th 2013
It's almost to the point that it should probably be postponed
Dec 08th 2013
Just stupid
Dec 08th 2013
if I knew this 20 minutes ago I'da taken Calvin and Desean out
Dec 08th 2013
Calvin is still gonna post some decent #s. Can't say the same
Dec 08th 2013
announcers can't even tell when a flag is thrown lol
Dec 08th 2013
<-- doubled down on staff + tron
Dec 08th 2013
They are playing in a blizzard
Dec 08th 2013
Shady can't even make any cuts out there
Dec 08th 2013
lol NO ONE can ....nm
Dec 08th 2013
Lol I know but shady is normally above the laws of physics
Dec 08th 2013
was this a reverse jinx attempt?
Dec 08th 2013
That might be the game
Dec 08th 2013
At first this was fun, now it's just miserable to watch.
Dec 08th 2013
Stupid call. Kick the FG
Dec 08th 2013
I don't mind the call, but I definitely preferred kicking the FG.
Dec 08th 2013
      I think it was terrible. It was a short FG, I have a real hard time beli...
Dec 08th 2013
Lions DL is owning the game
Dec 08th 2013
Thank God it snowed.....
Dec 08th 2013
Foles and Cooper aren't adjusting well to the elements. Both
Dec 08th 2013
maaaaybe we're adjusting to the weather?
Dec 08th 2013
      That Shady run was a thing of beauty! Dayummm!
Dec 08th 2013
Ooohh kill em!!
Dec 08th 2013
damn!
Dec 08th 2013
I mean, good TD and all, but the penalty to set it up was BS
Dec 08th 2013
I kiiiiinda agree, but I'll take it
Dec 08th 2013
      They gave y'all two extra chances there
Dec 08th 2013
What the fuck are these zebras doing? Do they even have a clue?
Dec 08th 2013
lol NFL refs lol
Dec 08th 2013
CONSPIRACY! No but last week against AZ was truly mafia bullshit
Dec 08th 2013
      This is some sour grapes bullshit. Last week, the refs let both
Dec 08th 2013
           Mig I'm not gonna excuse what the lions players were doing
Dec 08th 2013
                I'm not gonna deny there were some questionable calls.
Dec 08th 2013
lmao!
Dec 08th 2013
TD! NFL Gods trying to reverse the horrible officiating
Dec 08th 2013
lmao, ayyo wtf is happening? lmmfao
Dec 08th 2013
*Notices how none of you crybabies are complaining about the
Dec 08th 2013
that was no horse collar he just got bodyslammed outta bounds
Dec 08th 2013
I'm just universally complaining about NFL refs.
Dec 08th 2013
this very well could turn into the mccoy game.
Dec 08th 2013
i like how Fox played Peedi on the exit to commercial break
Dec 08th 2013
NFL officiating is at "FIFA 20 years ago" levels of low
Dec 08th 2013
Did Shady get new shoes?
Dec 08th 2013
First 200 yd game since Duce's Pickle Juice game in Dallas
Dec 08th 2013
SMH at Stafford trying to pick that ball up
Dec 08th 2013
incredibly dumb..
Dec 08th 2013
The close up of his face as the ball flew by him was priceless
Dec 08th 2013
lol...dude, I HOLLERED when they showed that...
Dec 08th 2013
YES!!! that shit was HIGHlarious. that needs to be a .gif
Dec 08th 2013
Woulda smothered it if it was rocky road in a waffle cone
Dec 08th 2013
      ^^^That's My Dawg
Dec 08th 2013
      LOL, damn
Dec 08th 2013
Jesus Christ, this sorry-ass football team
Dec 08th 2013
man if they don't win this fuckin division...
Dec 08th 2013
      They won't.
Dec 08th 2013
           I dont see how they do now.
Dec 09th 2013
Game Over (c) Lil Flip
Dec 08th 2013
gawd damnit Celek... I got Foles in the FF playoffs man... WTF MAN?
Dec 08th 2013
Foles first TD was an accident (he was trying to hit Coop) so I'm
Dec 08th 2013
      dayum. i'm surprisingly more on the pro-foles side than you on
Dec 08th 2013
           RE: dayum. i'm surprisingly more on the pro-foles side than you on
Dec 08th 2013
cotdamn, Detroit
Dec 08th 2013
That was the most fun I had watching the Eagles in a long time
Dec 08th 2013
turned on the TV & it looked like Empire Strikes Back out there
Dec 08th 2013
      lmmfao, and i was thinking the same about the NFL films. shit
Dec 08th 2013
           does this game have a nickname for historical reference yet?
Dec 08th 2013
Wow @ these cuts Shady is making
Dec 08th 2013
WE.GON.MAKE IT
Dec 08th 2013
DAT AROD BONE BE CALCIFYING
Dec 08th 2013
please win next week, by the way do we push if we both make it?
Dec 08th 2013
      It was me who you bet with, and yes you said push if
Dec 09th 2013
Yasssss
Dec 08th 2013
Bears fan says....
Dec 08th 2013
Shit breaths did us all a favor
Dec 08th 2013
Now they need to return the favor and beat the Cowboys
Dec 08th 2013
      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Dec 08th 2013
      NOPE, can't go that far
Dec 08th 2013
epic choke by lions defensive line. joke of a franchise
Dec 08th 2013
Schwartz should have been fired years ago
Dec 08th 2013
      How Kubiak get canned yet Schwartz stays employed
Dec 08th 2013
      why did he stop running the ball? apart from the fumbles, eagles
Dec 08th 2013
what an amazing game. went to lunch after chuch and was
Dec 08th 2013
the King shall not address his vassals THIS week
Dec 08th 2013
^^^
Dec 08th 2013
lmao... I want Detroit to win every other week just to hear him tho
Dec 08th 2013
THAT ni&&a holed up in Helm's Deep, sobbing crimson tears
Dec 09th 2013
      saying "How did it come to this..."
Dec 09th 2013
We're going to be talking about the "Blizzard of 2013" one day.
Dec 08th 2013
Great football game
Dec 08th 2013
What a crazy crazy game. Shady is on some next level shit
Dec 08th 2013
Operation Reverse Jinx: A HUNNID Percent Success
Dec 08th 2013
yes. well played on that. also, having played in the snow before
Dec 09th 2013
Great game. We did that shit as kids.
Dec 09th 2013
they probably weren't ready for it
Dec 09th 2013
I thought what Baltimore was getting was the extent WE was gonna get
Dec 09th 2013
They weren't...
Dec 09th 2013
      reports were saying they had 300 PennDOT trucks ready
Dec 09th 2013
that's NFL rules. all they could do was blow the lines (on some
Dec 09th 2013
      Yeah...It was epic...
Dec 09th 2013

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 08:43 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I Feel The Chill All The Way Out West Here With You, Brother."
In response to Reply # 0

tonight was like 46 degrees in Santa Monica with the wind whipping, may have been the coldest night felt in a decade here.

Better get my shit together quick because sitting in The Linc two weeks from today for the Bears game back in Philly over the holidays prolly ain't gonna be much warmer.

Then again it'd have to be warmer than that horrific Joe Webb Game that I had the misfortune of being present to witness, held one fateful Tuesday evening in late December 2010.

But back to Nicky Sixxx.

He's been many great things during this improbable run, chiefly among them accurate.

But shit, I recall hearing pleas copped for the wind during the Dallas debacle.

I remember seeing several tosses morph into dying quails in the wind at Lambeau, including one that might as well have had helium in it upon release as it ascended straight into the air above his head upon release.

No idea what he could have been thinking tossing that Patrick Peterson pick last week that was fortunately called back on a questionable off-ball holding call but it did (along with those bullshit Favre pitches) seem to be the decision of a man who is starting to feel himself just a *little bit too much*.

And who could blame him if he was?

I've never witnessed a more improbably infallible stretch of quarterbacking by anyone in my lifetime.

iPhone users, g'head & ask Siri who the best QB in the NFL right today, see what response that bot-bitch gives you.

Watch dude have to actually address questions about breaking a Peyton Manning record, or how his ascendance mirrors Brady's in '01, and of course NINETEENTOUCHDOWNSNOPICKS19TDSNOINTS.

Simple probability rules suggest that as amazing as this run has been, what we're getting right now is not truly sustainable in perpetuity (tho now at least we don't need to be desperate this offseason).

A cold, wet day against a beast d-line who will put some hits on him today would seem to be the obvious choice for when a funball or two comes crashing down to earth.

But oh well, fuck it.

Fat Staff (CANNON aside) puts balls up for grabs as much as Carson or Eli are accused of doing.

The Lions ain't a good road team or outdoors team in these conditions.

This Jim Schwartz-led squad didn't all the sudden become less stupid over the course of a week.

Reggie Bush isn't all the sudden healthy enough to absorb a few Sheldon Brown-Superdome-sized hits this afternoon.

In fact, history shows the Lions are actually far more fortune's fool franchise than even the Eagles are.

Note Rodney Peete putting up 57 points in a playoff game that I was blessed enough to see from the 700 Level in January '96 or when McNabb & Curtis went Montana/Rice in those offbrand UCLA jerseys a couple years back.

They're talented, yes.

But they're still the Detroit Lions and this roster/staff is still kinda dumb.

If Foles' regression back towards the mean for a normal human being began today, even that downgrade still leaves us a lot of wiggle room.

On the other side Staff, tho equipped with a rocket-arm to power spirals through any forecast (Rain, Sleeting Or Snowing, Fat Staff will be out there throwin'), part of his problem is he still believes that rocket arm will save him at all times & often to a fault.

Desean is due to get at least a couple T(erio)D(ancers)'s today on these corners.

Work Shady out the backfield as a receiver to free him up vs this nasty line.

Donnie Longball keep booming those coffin-corner punts & Randall-length field-flipping blasts.

Communicate on D as you've been doing, jam Megatron at the line & double-up on him from there to try to make someone else beat you.

I don't know what other variables will lead to us notching our 8th win by mid-afternoon but I'm just gonna stop sweating it & believe we'll figure it out or they'll fuck it up one way or another.

From the tyrannical King George III up to present day with the bacchanal KING OF ALL LIONS FANS, Philly continues to slap crowns like kufis.

Giving You True Notes Since 1776.

See you in 3 weeks Cowboy Fan, in the meantime eat a dick.

-Bomb Hancock

Mignight Maruder
Member since Nov 30th 2003
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 12:50 PM

4. "So jealous that you got to watch in person that 58-37 beat down"
In response to Reply # 1

Up to that point in my life, that was easily the best and most enjoyable Eagles game I had watched. I was used to the Eagles choking in the postseason and they just did the exact opposite on the Lions with a pretty mediocre team (I mean, Rodney Peete the starting QB, and aging Irving Fryar as our #1 WR). Eagles just came in and dropped a bomb on the Lions and the score was nowhere even close to what it ended up being. It didn't matter that we knew the Eagles would inevitably lose to a much superior Dallas team the following week. For that day, it was a hell of a party.

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 06:09 PM

80. "that's my favorite day at The Vet ever, actually just one of my favorite"
In response to Reply # 4

days period.

I can remember the buildup vividly, buddy of mine got a pair of 700 level tickets for Christmas then gave me the other, Jimi Hendrix's 'Band Of Gypsys' (the OG six-song CD version) got reissued after being out-of-print for decades, we packed about 10 of us along with a tapped keg into a Dodge Caravan with a CD player in it (a treat at the time) and I recall passing the tap around amongst each other the first time I heard 'Who Knows' with Buddy Miles scat-singing as we crossed the Walt Whitman thinking 'Jimi's been dead for 25 years and just dropped the hottest shit I've ever heard in my life this week'.

We got to a far Jetro lot with the grass spot early, ran that green-and-brown dirt patch as a pickup football court from about 9 AM up until it was time to go in for a 4:15 kickoff with that album playing over and over.

Got into the stadium, our pair of seats ended up being two rows from the top of the 700 level on the side Calvin Williams scored that last-second 2nd quarter side that effectively put an exclamation point ending on the game before halftime, which happened just as an older black woman seated next to me was passing me her flask of Crown Royal from under her seat to keep warm as the sun was setting while I said to her 'can you believe it's THIRTY-ONE to seven? It'd be great to tack one more on here' just as Rodney was snapping it.

By that point folks were literally dancing in the aisles, the Detroit dudes in the next row down who had been bragging pre-game about Herman Moore & Perriman's shared thousand-yard seasons were already exiting the building or at least trying to get out of the 700 level as the Lomas Brown chants were cascading down from all sides.

Even managed to talk my way into some panties when I got back over the bridge at a house party that evening despite the fact that I'd been drinking for 12-16 hours & had forgotten that I'd agreed to let my art-major buddy design Kelly-Green-And-White Boy Wonder goggles around my eyes right before heading into the game.

After exiting the bedroom and entering the bathroom I caught a look at my reflection and just started laughing my ass off out loud to myself like I was staring into a circus mirror.

I was 18 but even then had the feeling even at the time that I'd just logged a day that would go down as one of my favorites.

Ray Rhodes was a Football God in the making as far as any Eagle fan was concerned at that point.

My boy Rodney had been the one at the helm to pull that 'upset' off too.....and against his old team.

We even got to say goodbye to my childhood hero Randall in style towards the end of that GUILE.

Until I get married or have a kid there's probably not gonna be too many memories I'd put over the day/night of that game.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35259 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

>jam Megatron at the
>line

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 10:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Do u even know what u jus did here??"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

mtbatol
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 10:55 AM

3. "!!!REVERSE JINX FTW!!! (/^o^)/"
In response to Reply # 2

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 12:59 PM

5. "Tough one to predict. I guess history is on our side, but in this"
In response to Reply # 0

type of weather, I think all predictions go out the window. Hopefully the snow/wind combo doesn't limit Foles's ability to effectively pass with precision, zip, and accuracy too much. If so, I don't like our chances trying to run against a stacked box with Suh and Fairely shooting the gaps. Lane Johnson and Herremans are really going to have step it up today. The Lions' CBs need to be tested early often throughout the game. We *can* easily exploit the Lions's secondary. But again, that is dependent upon Foles' getting a clean pocket and being able to make accurate throws.

I have no illusions that our secondary is going to stop or slow down Megatron and the Detroit passing game. They'll get their yards. I just need to see our D continue to play well in the red zone. Reggie Bush is obviously an X factor that can't be overlooked.

Hopefully our special teams continues to give us outstanding field position (mostly for our defense) which has helped us immensely this season (the contrast between last year to this year is mind-boggling).

Can never go against my Eagles, so I'll say Eagles 27 Lions 23.

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "holy crap it is REALLY snowing wow"
In response to Reply # 0

i still blame hip-hop.

Ceej
66746 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:06 PM

8. "Clown show"
In response to Reply # 0

Game shouldn't count

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:06 PM

9. "Holy shit at the first throw! LOL. Yeah, the weather will be a factor"
In response to Reply # 0

in this game. And damn at Reggie Bush slipping and falling and now not in the starting lineup. Crazy.

By the way, I would absolutely love to be on the field playing in the game today. Gotta love these conditions.

cgonz00cc
35259 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:08 PM

10. "this is insane"
In response to Reply # 0

icecold21
Member since Jan 18th 2008
8433 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "LOL its snowing like a mofo out here. Good thing we got Shady"
In response to Reply # 0

and not Reggie Bush. Bell doesn't scare me.

Good thing it's hard to throw and Megatron won't be as much of a factor.

Good thing I have off tomorrow and don't gotta go nowhere.

Eagles got this one against the best team left on their schedule.

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:08 PM

58. "^^^"
In response to Reply # 11

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:11 PM

12. "Holy shit @ the weather conditions "
In response to Reply # 0

I thought last night in LA in the low 40's was cold

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:15 PM

13. "It's almost to the point that it should probably be postponed "
In response to Reply # 12

at least for an hour or so. But they alredy started, and I believe it's supposed to snow through the night, so that's kind of out of the question now.

Stats be damned today. It's gonna be ugly until the weather clears up a bit.

ErnestLee
Member since Mar 03rd 2003
28533 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:15 PM

14. "Just stupid"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------------------------

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:17 PM

15. "if I knew this 20 minutes ago I'da taken Calvin and Desean out"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm getting no numbers out of them today.

L.

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:37 PM

19. "Calvin is still gonna post some decent #s. Can't say the same "
In response to Reply # 15

about DJax though. He's just not nearly as physical nor as big of a target, so these elements really work against him.

Amritsar
32093 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:20 PM

16. "announcers can't even tell when a flag is thrown lol "
In response to Reply # 0

2.tears.in.a.bucket
Member since Sep 04th 2009
6185 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:28 PM

17. "<-- doubled down on staff + tron "
In response to Reply # 0

♚♚♚♚

#BYLUG >>> https://goo.gl/1ooFp6

♚♚♚♚

screamin' mothafuck a 12 /
bitches ain't shit /
cops ain't neither /
they huntin' my people /

- i. rashad

♚♚♚♚

calij81
Member since Jan 17th 2007
13929 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:36 PM

18. "They are playing in a blizzard"
In response to Reply # 0

I see it is snowing in the Washington/KC game as well but not this bad.

Are the fans even able to sit in there sits in this game? Are fans even at this game? They are all about to be snowed in at the stadium.

How are the conditions in the NE game? Any east coast game today is going to have sembad conditions.

Meanwhile, conditions are nice here in San Diego for the Chargers/Giants.

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:42 PM

20. "Shady can't even make any cuts out there "
In response to Reply # 0

<--The drought is over

L D E A

guru0509
Charter member
45358 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "lol NO ONE can ....nm"
In response to Reply # 20

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:48 PM

22. "Lol I know but shady is normally above the laws of physics "
In response to Reply # 21

<--The drought is over

L D E A

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27116 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:05 PM

57. "was this a reverse jinx attempt?"
In response to Reply # 20

if so, well done.

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 01:56 PM

23. "That might be the game "
In response to Reply # 0

<--The drought is over

L D E A

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 02:07 PM

24. "At first this was fun, now it's just miserable to watch. "
In response to Reply # 23

Our interior OL is getting abused. Foles' can't seem to get comfortable ( I mean, I can't blame him, but still), our WR's aren't getting separation and aren't physical enough to fight for catches. We are not getting our TE's inovolved. Too many big play losses that inhibit our ability to pick up first downs and move the ball downfield. Too many dumb run calls trying to run laterally around Suh and Fairely when it's entirely too difficult to do so in this weather. Just a recipe for disaster. Detroit is looking sloppy too, but at least their offense has had some success moving the ball.

Unless the conditions improve a bit, I can't see the Eagles putting up more than 10 points - and that's being generous.

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 02:18 PM

25. "Stupid call. Kick the FG"
In response to Reply # 0

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 02:23 PM

26. "I don't mind the call, but I definitely preferred kicking the FG. "
In response to Reply # 25

You have to get some points out of the drive. 4th and 7 is asking an awful lot for a struggling Foles' and the offense to convert with a short field. I didn't like the call, but I'm not mad at Chip for it.

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 02:33 PM

29. "I think it was terrible. It was a short FG, I have a real hard time beli..."
In response to Reply # 26

a FG would be harder to convert. Chip played himself after seeing that 2 pt conversion, it made him second guess himself.

We just cannot waste opportunities to get points in this kind of game.

IMO it was a flat out awful coaching decision.

cgonz00cc
35259 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 02:28 PM

27. "Lions DL is owning the game"
In response to Reply # 0

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:21 PM

65. "Thank God it snowed....."
In response to Reply # 27

Lions DLine could not have possibly played a worse 2nd half than they did today. Not sure what the final stats are, but I'd be willing to bet the Eagles ammassed over 200 yards rushing in a 15 minute window between the end of the 3rd quarter into the 4th quarter.

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 02:32 PM

28. "Foles and Cooper aren't adjusting well to the elements. Both"
In response to Reply # 0

are playing like hot garbage today and it's costing us. Riley has dropped at least 2 passes that could have potentially helped put points on the board. Foles' lack of arm strength is on full display today. Far too many of his passes are just floating in space and giving the Detroit DBs far too easy of a time picking off or swatting away his passes. Again, it's hard to be critical given the conditions, but it's affecting him far more than it's affecting Stafford.

On offense, we just gotta simply things. Keep giving Shady & Polk the ball and force them to run NORTH and SOUTH. Get the TE's more involved. Keep finding ways to get DJax the ball.

On defense there isn't too much to complain about. Run D is great. Secondary is playing as well as they can. They just can't let freakin' Bell run wide open (LB's fault) on the flat. That 4th and 2 conversion was a killer.

mtbatol
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:06 PM

31. "maaaaybe we're adjusting to the weather?"
In response to Reply # 28

That big play grab by Riley was a good sign on that scoring drive.

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:23 PM

35. "That Shady run was a thing of beauty! Dayummm!"
In response to Reply # 31

If only Foles' would have connected on that easy swing pass to Shady on the first 2 point conversion attempt, we could be in better standing. And well, if Chip decided to kick the chip shot field goal before the half.

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:03 PM

30. "Ooohh kill em!!"
In response to Reply # 0

About time we see some shots downfield

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15308 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:22 PM

32. "damn!"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44719 posts

33. "I mean, good TD and all, but the penalty to set it up was BS"
In response to Reply # 0

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

mtbatol
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:24 PM

37. "I kiiiiinda agree, but I'll take it "
In response to Reply # 33

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44719 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:26 PM

39. "They gave y'all two extra chances there "
In response to Reply # 37

And wow at that kick off return.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Pinko_Panther
Member since Dec 11th 2002
11808 posts

34. "What the fuck are these zebras doing? Do they even have a clue?"
In response to Reply # 0

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

guru0509
Charter member
45358 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
36. "lol NFL refs lol"
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:13 PM

62. "CONSPIRACY! No but last week against AZ was truly mafia bullshit"
In response to Reply # 36

Lucky ass eagles, man. Unreal

-----------------------------------------

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:28 PM

69. "This is some sour grapes bullshit. Last week, the refs let both"
In response to Reply # 62

teams play physical. They rarely called PI's, but they were consistent in calling defensive holdings which was clear as fucking day on the call Arians/Cards fans continue to whine about.

None of you guys posting in here have any credibility bc none of you have an ounce of objectivity. There was a blatant helmet to helmet late hit on Shady that no one in here complained about. Detroit's OLineman had some clear holds that weren't getting called. There was a blatant horse collar tackle that wasn't called.

Last week the Eagles were clearly the better team - regardless of the officiating. This week, same thing.

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:44 PM

79. "Mig I'm not gonna excuse what the lions players were doing"
In response to Reply # 69

>teams play physical. They rarely called PI's, but they were
>consistent in calling defensive holdings which was clear as
>fucking day on the call Arians/Cards fans continue to whine
>about.

Because it was bullshit and you know it man!!! You really think Mathieu was holding on that play Patrick Peterson intercepted and returned to midfield?! He barely grazed his fucking arm.

I get calls are blown but fuck all that, dude. Foles made a huge mistake throwing off his back foot and Peterson clearly intercepted it. But somehow a player not even involved anywhere near the play gets held?! Oh let's not forget the next penalty for 'cursing at the ref' two plays later. Disgusting.

It was a close game and that flag ruined a great finish, I'm sorry if you think otherwise but a lot of objective people feel the same way. I don't even hate the Eagles, Desean has been my favorite player in the league for years and I want them to win the division.

But don't bring up objectivity for that holding penalty on the INT. Completely ruined the course of the game. And probably cost AZ their playoff hopes.
>
>None of you guys posting in here have any credibility bc none
>of you have an ounce of objectivity. There was a blatant
>helmet to helmet late hit on Shady that no one in here
>complained about. Detroit's OLineman had some clear holds
>that weren't getting called. There was a blatant horse collar
>tackle that wasn't called.
>
>Last week the Eagles were clearly the better team - regardless
>of the officiating. This week, same thing.

-----------------------------------------

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 06:51 PM

84. "I'm not gonna deny there were some questionable calls. "
In response to Reply # 79

I'd bet if you went back and watched the whole game, you'd see some missed calls that hurt both teams. I can't remember specifics right now, but I know there were a few blown calls that worked against the Eagles. One glaring missed call was the blatant offensive holding on Larry Fitz's TD catch that killed us on 3rd and long.

THe last play of the game, yeah, Bradley Fletcher mugged the AZ WR (can't remember who it was right now), but the refs were letting them play all game. They were strict on the holding calls and Ertz definitely got held on the last Eagles TD drive. He was releasing on the flat and the AZ DE just held on his shoulder pads.

I'm sure I would have been a bit upset as a Cards fan -especially since the majority of questionable calls came late in the game. But at the end of the day, the Eagles played the better game. I think Arians' response to the questionable officiating is a terrible look for him as a head coach.

Nodima
15308 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:26 PM

38. "lmao!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Dec-08-13 03:26 PM by Nodima

if I were sitting in those seats I'd be so deflated right now.

~~~~~~~~~

God Loves Ugly
Member since Nov 12th 2002
2880 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:27 PM

40. "TD! NFL Gods trying to reverse the horrible officiating"
In response to Reply # 0

Go Wings.

mtbatol
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:34 PM

41. "lmao, ayyo wtf is happening? lmmfao"
In response to Reply # 0

Mignight Maruder
7717 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:34 PM

42. "*Notices how none of you crybabies are complaining about the "
In response to Reply # 0

blatant no-call on the horse collar tackle* Works both ways haters.

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:36 PM

46. "that was no horse collar he just got bodyslammed outta bounds"
In response to Reply # 42

Pinko_Panther
11808 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:50 PM

48. "I'm just universally complaining about NFL refs. "
In response to Reply # 42

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

Nodima
15308 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:35 PM

43. "this very well could turn into the mccoy game."
In response to Reply # 0

shame reggie's not out there.

~~~~~~~~~

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts

44. "i like how Fox played Peedi on the exit to commercial break"
In response to Reply # 0

que tu quiere
mujere
she say she blow lah-laaaaaa

Pinko_Panther
11808 posts

45. "NFL officiating is at "FIFA 20 years ago" levels of low"
In response to Reply # 0

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:44 PM

47. "Did Shady get new shoes?"
In response to Reply # 0

He's cutting like he's playing in a dome right now

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:51 PM

49. "First 200 yd game since Duce's Pickle Juice game in Dallas"
In response to Reply # 0

Surprised me a little bit

DJR
18639 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:53 PM

50. "SMH at Stafford trying to pick that ball up"
In response to Reply # 0

Not happening in the snow. Just fall on the ball.

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:56 PM

51. "incredibly dumb.."
In response to Reply # 50

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

Ditch the paper, save the trees, and go mobile! Text bizcard to 32462!

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:59 PM

54. "The close up of his face as the ball flew by him was priceless"

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:01 PM

55. "lol...dude, I HOLLERED when they showed that..."
In response to Reply # 54

Red Zone showed it like 3 times.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 07:24 PM

86. "YES!!! that shit was HIGHlarious. that needs to be a .gif"
In response to Reply # 54

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
** i move away from the mic to breathe in

Ceej
66746 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:01 PM

56. "Woulda smothered it if it was rocky road in a waffle cone "

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 06:17 PM

81. "^^^That's My Dawg"
In response to Reply # 56

you prolly end up having to argue with your boys from home as much as I do mine because we both do our best to call it straight despite our fandom.

DJR
18639 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 10:34 PM

96. "LOL, damn "
In response to Reply # 56

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:56 PM

52. "Jesus Christ, this sorry-ass football team"
In response to Reply # 0

Even with the shitty calls, they gotta execute

This team finds new and creative ways to shit the bed every year

Sorry motherfuckers

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yo Soy Widdit

LegacyNS
38095 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:10 PM

59. "man if they don't win this fuckin division..."
In response to Reply # 52

kill e'rybody.. all black e'rythang...
<---- 5....

ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:25 PM

68. "They won't."
In response to Reply # 59

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Yo Soy Widdit

Ceej
66746 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 07:53 AM

101. "I dont see how they do now."
In response to Reply # 68

We really beatin Bmore on MOnday??

cmon now.

icecold21
8433 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 03:59 PM

53. "Game Over (c) Lil Flip"
In response to Reply # 0

LegacyNS
38095 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:12 PM

60. "gawd damnit Celek... I got Foles in the FF playoffs man... WTF MAN?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Dec-08-13 04:24 PM by LegacyNS

<---- 5....

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 06:38 PM

82. "Foles first TD was an accident (he was trying to hit Coop) so I'm"
In response to Reply # 60

glad he didn't pad stats with a layup at the end there to fluff up his stats for all my Eagle fan friends to beat me over the head with via email & text since I'm not ready to declare this motherfucka Tom Brady.

He was pretty terrible out there today & without a big arm he hasn't yet figured out how to deliver his touch passes through heavy elements.

I was calling for Vick by the second quarter at least until the conditions calmed a bit, I also didn't realize that you weren't allowed by the NFL to sweep the field at half.

At least he could gash him with his legs & could fire it through the falling snow linking up with Desean on some sandlot shit.

If we had lost this game (which it looked that way for three quarters) it would have been the return-gamge-coverage & QB mostly to blame.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 07:33 PM

87. "dayum. i'm surprisingly more on the pro-foles side than you on"
In response to Reply # 82

this.

he was jittery and scattershot early. took a while for chip to figure out what he could and couldn't call, too.

but he was pretty clutch in the 2nd half.

that INT was stupid. fuck the elements. that was pretty much triple coverage. but first of the year (2nd, if you count the one vs. AZ w/ the suspect PI call). so that's coo.

he adjusted.

a couple of times he threw balls to coop that required a hands catcher. INC. but in the 2nd half the throws away from coops body had more loft and he was able to bring them in . (also, snowfall was lesser, so you could actually see, and footing was worst part).

the conditions favored fast runners with subtle moves once the snow chilled. so vick may have had some long ass runs in this game if he could evade the initial rush.

he has smaller hands, though, so hard to tell if he would have been able to control all the snaps and have control on his throws, but from a velocity perspective, i've seen him throw balls that slice through the windiest of days. he'd have been putting the shit in ppl chests.

but foles balled out, given the circumstances, and deserves to keep rocking.

shady is unfuckingreal. that anti-lock brake shit he be doing w/ his feet, yo...

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 08:22 PM

92. "RE: dayum. i'm surprisingly more on the pro-foles side than you on"
In response to Reply # 87

>this.
>
>he was jittery and scattershot early. took a while for chip to
>figure out what he could and couldn't call, too.
>
>but he was pretty clutch in the 2nd half.
>
>that INT was stupid. fuck the elements. that was pretty much
>triple coverage. but first of the year (2nd, if you count the
>one vs. AZ w/ the suspect PI call). so that's coo.
>
>he adjusted.
>
>a couple of times he threw balls to coop that required a hands
>catcher. INC. but in the 2nd half the throws away from coops
>body had more loft and he was able to bring them in . (also,
>snowfall was lesser, so you could actually see, and footing
>was worst part).
>
I'd have to go back & look, I counted maybe two legit big passes to Coop downfield.

>the conditions favored fast runners with subtle moves once the
>snow chilled. so vick may have had some long ass runs in this
>game if he could evade the initial rush.
>
>he has smaller hands, though, so hard to tell if he would have
>been able to control all the snaps and have control on his
>throws, but from a velocity perspective, i've seen him throw
>balls that slice through the windiest of days. he'd have been
>putting the shit in ppl chests.
>
Foles had 4 completions & like 28 yards midway through the 3rd, this game didn't favor that feathery touch pass he throws (which has been a big part of his success so far but it's not an accident which games those balls started spraying in.....it's Dallas at home in the wind, this one in the snow & Green Bay in sporadic gusts).

Staff's ball was cutting thru that shit like it was nothing, a Vick spiral would have done the same plus the addition of his legs plus helping McCoy (which in the second half he ended up not needing).

But Foles was trying to hit Cooper on that TD, I will go back & look but I was sure of it while in motion.

After that he McNabb-wormballed an open two-point conversion to Shady who was gonna walk into the end zone after the first TD.

The next series Shady busted a long TD, Foles missed the two-point-conversion pass but we got that gift penalty on Suh that set up an easy Bryce Brown carry.

>but foles balled out, given the circumstances, and deserves to
>keep rocking.
>
he looked competent after the mid-third, I'm not saying he isn't obviously our QB, just saying at the time (while thinking on some 'THERE IS NO TOMORROW, ROCK!' shit I was okay with them using that elbow ouchie he got from Suh to have Vick spell him at the end of the first half or until it got a bit calmer out there).

I completely understand why he didn't but I was seeing this game costing us our season while we had a young West Coast QB who couldn't control his own ball to throw it.

It all worked out tho so I'm good with it.

>shady is unfuckingreal. that anti-lock brake shit he be doing
>w/ his feet, yo...
>
crazy......and he was dancing around behind the line early like his engine hadn't turned over yet but once that thing revved for real & he gained traction traveling downhill?

Put the team on my back doe(c)

Did he forearm shiver a would be tackler at one point near the sideline on one of those TD runs?

I gotta see that again.
>
>peace & blessings,
>
>x.
>
>www.twitter.com/poetx
>
>=========================================
>** i move away from the mic to breathe in

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:12 PM

61. "cotdamn, Detroit"
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

chillinCHiEF
Charter member
39873 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:16 PM

63. "That was the most fun I had watching the Eagles in a long time"
In response to Reply # 0

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 06:41 PM

83. "turned on the TV & it looked like Empire Strikes Back out there"
In response to Reply # 63

I was waiting for Foles to cut Kelce's stomach open and burrow himself inside his belly for warmth.

NFL Films is going to have a field day cutting up that tape, they might need to bring John Facenda (or Harry The K) back from the great beyond in vocal hologram form for this game's breakdown.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 07:36 PM

88. "lmmfao, and i was thinking the same about the NFL films. shit"
In response to Reply # 83

was epic from the opening kickoff.

but i was literally laughing at the empire strikes back reference.

goodell might fuck around and transfer the eagles franchise rights to Hoth.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 08:00 PM

91. "does this game have a nickname for historical reference yet?"
In response to Reply # 88

I'm waiting to see what the local media/fans end up settling on there.

Suh was prolly looking like a Wampa in that first half to Nicky Sol.

Amritsar
32093 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:18 PM

64. "Wow @ these cuts Shady is making"
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone whose played fball in snow can appreciate this

cantball
Charter member
46630 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:22 PM

66. "WE.GON.MAKE IT"
In response to Reply # 0

Behold my works,ye mighty

Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:25 PM

67. "DAT AROD BONE BE CALCIFYING"
In response to Reply # 66

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 07:43 PM

90. "please win next week, by the way do we push if we both make it?"
In response to Reply # 66

>
>____________________
>
>Behold my works,ye mighty

Deebot
26762 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 03:15 PM

112. "It was me who you bet with, and yes you said push if"
In response to Reply # 90

we both make it or we both miss

select_from_where
Member since Jan 03rd 2011
4342 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:49 PM

70. "Yasssss "
In response to Reply # 0

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 04:53 PM

71. "Bears fan says...."
In response to Reply # 0

Thank u Philly!!!!!!

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Deebot
26762 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:08 PM

72. "Shit breaths did us all a favor"
In response to Reply # 71

sweet ruffian
Member since Jul 11th 2003
8129 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:09 PM

73. "Now they need to return the favor and beat the Cowboys"
In response to Reply # 71

mtbatol
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:14 PM

75. "^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^"
In response to Reply # 73

Deebot
26762 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:15 PM

76. "NOPE, can't go that far"
In response to Reply # 73

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:14 PM

74. "epic choke by lions defensive line. joke of a franchise"
In response to Reply # 0

lol @ bush reinjuring himself walking in the snow during pregame warm ups
no worries, shady was there to put on a how to be a finesse back in bad weather clinic
gotta admit i was one of those guys saying they should let vick play at halftime
but i didn't expect the lions D to shit the bed like that in the 4th quarter
smh

~~~~~~

Deebot
26762 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:16 PM

77. "Schwartz should have been fired years ago"
In response to Reply # 74

years.

Ceej
66746 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 05:29 PM

78. "How Kubiak get canned yet Schwartz stays employed "
In response to Reply # 77

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 07:38 PM

89. "why did he stop running the ball? apart from the fumbles, eagles"
In response to Reply # 77

could NOT stop bell an nem.

and if every posession was 4 down territory, and they were getting the ball in plus field position, why the fuck did they NOT just run the rock down the eagles' throats???

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 07:18 PM

85. "what an amazing game. went to lunch after chuch and was "
In response to Reply # 0

watching via DVR on major delay.

dayum.

that was un freaking real.

shady is on some otherwordly shit.

felt some kinda way on that wack call that went in the eagles favor, but it was just a 2 pt conversion. the subsequent return TDs made up for it, as did the no call on the out of bounds tackle.

DET had plenty of chances to come back from that shit and didn't. fair win.
peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 08:34 PM

93. "the King shall not address his vassals THIS week"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 11:33 PM

97. "^^^"
In response to Reply # 93

mtbatol
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 11:58 PM

99. "lmao... I want Detroit to win every other week just to hear him tho"

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 10:58 AM

102. "THAT ni&&a holed up in Helm's Deep, sobbing crimson tears"

as the icy viscera of his people lines the stone hallways of his ransacked stronghold.

i fux w/ the king, tho. they need to beat somebody else so we can get moar poasts.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 11:28 AM

107. "saying "How did it come to this...""
In response to Reply # 102

low2behold
Member since Jan 05th 2006
19165 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 08:54 PM

94. "We're going to be talking about the "Blizzard of 2013" one day."
In response to Reply # 0

Classic NFL game with defensive battles, plenty of powdery stuff, 2pt conversions, controversy and just when you think its going to bog down... some offense to end it.

Good W.

-------------
IG: mike_gx
-------------

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 10:32 PM

95. "Great football game"
In response to Reply # 0

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

LA2Philly
41249 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 11:46 PM

98. "What a crazy crazy game. Shady is on some next level shit"
In response to Reply # 0

Cats already on skates and slipping when trying to tackle him in perfect conditions...combine that with snow and him finding some footing? Cotdamn

<--The drought is over

L D E A

mtbatol
19788 posts
Sun Dec-08-13 11:59 PM

100. "Operation Reverse Jinx: A HUNNID Percent Success"
In response to Reply # 0

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 11:06 AM

104. "yes. well played on that. also, having played in the snow before"
In response to Reply # 100

i'm absolutely AMAZED for all of the players that they could get any sort of traction, especially the linemen.

but the return shit, i could foresee.

if the kick is long and you have a head start vertically, it is really hard for the cover teams to adjust for any changes in direction.

cat from DET was making little subtle moves (lil shoulder fake) that he had no intention of carrying out, but that froze the defenders, he hit the gaps and accelerated w/ the snow tires on.

he played a HELL of a game, and should get ST POTW even though they lost. and that one armed tackle of desean when he was trying to answer. dude balled out. much respect.

but, fuckin shady, JUMP CUTTING IN THE SNOW!!!

the visibility was so bad it reminded me of like madden 03 or some shit. 100% precipitation, 27 degrees. 15 mph (idk) wind.

but if an opposing RB was able to run like shady in that shit i'd have been complaining like shit that the AI was glitching or cheating.

that was unfair. and once he got that confidence... psssh.

that anti-lock brake shit that shady does (when he pumps his feet in the hole 20 times per sec while thinking of a move or setting up a move) is something i've never seen any other RB do.

i'll take those couple of 'shady DON'T!!!' plays where he ran backwards and killed some early drives in exchange for running over a hunnnid in the 4th qtr, of course.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

gmltheone
Member since Jun 11th 2003
8564 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 11:04 AM

103. "Great game. We did that shit as kids. "
In response to Reply # 0

And they looked about as athletic as we did. LMAO

Can someone explain to me why the eagles weren't allowed to plow the field at halftime. The snow had let up some by then.
----------------------------
Same as it ever was!

thejerseytornado
Member since Dec 24th 2005
26425 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 11:09 AM

105. "they probably weren't ready for it"
In response to Reply # 103

it wasn't supposed to snow half as much as it did and it wasn't supposed to start until late afternoon.

also possible: the plows might have been in use on city roads because, you know, priorities.

-----------
Y'all stupid...should've tanked for Lebron/Wiggins in 2014 -Rex LongFellow

It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ih01ky.gif

mtbatol
19788 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 11:16 AM

106. "I thought what Baltimore was getting was the extent WE was gonna get"
In response to Reply # 105

Seen their field was just a baby powder's layer of snow & rain instead.. that's all i thought this city was gonna get lol. Probably the team thought that too & stadium folks who didn't have any heavy equipment to cleanup during the half.

gmltheone
8564 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 12:03 PM

108. "They weren't..."
In response to Reply # 105

>also possible: the plows might have been in use on city roads
>because, you know, priorities.
>
>

I was driving around in that madness for hours. It was probably the unexpectedness of it though. Fox did a good job showing how sudden it fell.

Same as it ever was!

thejerseytornado
Member since Dec 24th 2005
26425 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 12:10 PM

109. "reports were saying they had 300 PennDOT trucks ready"
In response to Reply # 108

and then had to scramble another 115.

though, that's not city roads. those never get touched. thank GOD i don't drive to work. philly doesn't believe in plowing its streets.

-----------
Y'all stupid...should've tanked for Lebron/Wiggins in 2014 -Rex LongFellow

It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ih01ky.gif

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 01:26 PM

110. "that's NFL rules. all they could do was blow the lines (on some"
In response to Reply # 103

cowboy shit).

that's unreal, though, playing in 8 inch snow, with little footholds every 5 yards.

what was hilarious was kelce from the iggles talking about how the linemen would kick snow from areas so they could get footing. but the def would kick it over to the offense's side, and they'd kick it back. and they was all out there laughing.

that's epic.

there was some fool on the eagles board (bleedinggreennation) posting a hundred replies about how the nfl shouldn't let ppl play in the snow and that it messed up the quality of the game. 99.999 % of everyone was like, GTFOOHWTBS.

that is an instant eagle classic, up there w/ body bag game, monday night massacre, miracle in the meadowlands 1 and 2.

that was so fun to watch.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

gmltheone
8564 posts
Mon Dec-09-13 01:42 PM

111. "Yeah...It was epic..."
In response to Reply # 110

>
>there was some fool on the eagles board (bleedinggreennation)
>posting a hundred replies about how the nfl shouldn't let ppl
>play in the snow and that it messed up the quality of the
>game. 99.999 % of everyone was like, GTFOOHWTBS.
>
>that is an instant eagle classic, up there w/ body bag game,
>monday night massacre, miracle in the meadowlands 1 and 2.
>
>that was so fun to watch.
>
>
>
>peace & blessings,
>

I was listening on the radio driving around on unplowed major streets yesterday. I just assumed all the plows were down in the stadium area. Then when I got in last night to watch it. It was beautiful.
After yesterday I've got a mancrush on chip kelly. Dude was like fuck spread option..let's just drive block and let shady go downhill until they stop him. LOL

Same as it ever was!

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2273124 Previous topic | Next topic