Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: dayum. i'm surprisingly more on the pro-foles side than you on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2273124&mesg_id=2273612
2273612, RE: dayum. i'm surprisingly more on the pro-foles side than you on
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Dec-08-13 08:22 PM
>this.
>
>he was jittery and scattershot early. took a while for chip to
>figure out what he could and couldn't call, too.
>
>but he was pretty clutch in the 2nd half.
>
>that INT was stupid. fuck the elements. that was pretty much
>triple coverage. but first of the year (2nd, if you count the
>one vs. AZ w/ the suspect PI call). so that's coo.
>
>he adjusted.
>
>a couple of times he threw balls to coop that required a hands
>catcher. INC. but in the 2nd half the throws away from coops
>body had more loft and he was able to bring them in . (also,
>snowfall was lesser, so you could actually see, and footing
>was worst part).
>
I'd have to go back & look, I counted maybe two legit big passes to Coop downfield.

>the conditions favored fast runners with subtle moves once the
>snow chilled. so vick may have had some long ass runs in this
>game if he could evade the initial rush.
>
>he has smaller hands, though, so hard to tell if he would have
>been able to control all the snaps and have control on his
>throws, but from a velocity perspective, i've seen him throw
>balls that slice through the windiest of days. he'd have been
>putting the shit in ppl chests.
>
Foles had 4 completions & like 28 yards midway through the 3rd, this game didn't favor that feathery touch pass he throws (which has been a big part of his success so far but it's not an accident which games those balls started spraying in.....it's Dallas at home in the wind, this one in the snow & Green Bay in sporadic gusts).

Staff's ball was cutting thru that shit like it was nothing, a Vick spiral would have done the same plus the addition of his legs plus helping McCoy (which in the second half he ended up not needing).

But Foles was trying to hit Cooper on that TD, I will go back & look but I was sure of it while in motion.

After that he McNabb-wormballed an open two-point conversion to Shady who was gonna walk into the end zone after the first TD.

The next series Shady busted a long TD, Foles missed the two-point-conversion pass but we got that gift penalty on Suh that set up an easy Bryce Brown carry.

>but foles balled out, given the circumstances, and deserves to
>keep rocking.
>
he looked competent after the mid-third, I'm not saying he isn't obviously our QB, just saying at the time (while thinking on some 'THERE IS NO TOMORROW, ROCK!' shit I was okay with them using that elbow ouchie he got from Suh to have Vick spell him at the end of the first half or until it got a bit calmer out there).

I completely understand why he didn't but I was seeing this game costing us our season while we had a young West Coast QB who couldn't control his own ball to throw it.

It all worked out tho so I'm good with it.

>shady is unfuckingreal. that anti-lock brake shit he be doing
>w/ his feet, yo...
>
crazy......and he was dancing around behind the line early like his engine hadn't turned over yet but once that thing revved for real & he gained traction traveling downhill?

Put the team on my back doe(c)

Did he forearm shiver a would be tackler at one point near the sideline on one of those TD runs?

I gotta see that again.
>
>peace & blessings,
>
>x.
>
>www.twitter.com/poetx
>
>=========================================
>** i move away from the mic to breathe in