Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2182716

Subject: "Did he hit, tho?" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sat May-18-13 02:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Did he hit, tho?"

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/18/3404176/dwyane-wade-surprises-local-miami.html

Posted on Saturday, 05.18.13

Dwyane Wade would have been in Chicago for a Heat playoff game Friday night if he hadn’t helped eliminate the Bulls with a big fourth quarter two nights early.

So how did Wade fill the opening on his schedule?

By attending the senior prom of an Archbishop Coleman Carroll student who had asked Wade multiple times to attend school events with her.

Wade surprised Nicole Muxo and her classmates at the West Kendall school by showing up just before 9:30 p.m. at the LaJolla Ballroom in Coral Gables. Last month, Muxo asked Wade in a YouTube video to be her date for the prom.

“My senior prom is coming up and I have everything set for a perfect night except for one thing: a perfect date,” Muxo said in the video.

Met by tipped-off TV reporters outside the ballroom Friday night, Wade credited her persistence.

“She continued to keep going for it – no matter how many times I said I am going to be busy,” Wade said.

Wade said Muxo sent her a direct message on Twitter on Thursday saying: “This is the address, this is where I’m going to be just in the case.”

Wade said “when I got that, I said, “I won’t be doing nothing tomorrow night and I can go and make this a memorable moment for her.”

Wade called Muxo moments before walking into the prom “to tell her to have a good night” but did not tell her that he was outside.

“And then I got off the phone and walked in. It was kind of cool,” he said.

Muxo told reporters that she invited Wade because “he’s my favorite player and I think he’s a positive role model.”

Said Muxo: “I was so surprised. I didn’t expect it at all.”

Muxo’s date, Laurent Chaumin, was a good sport. “At least we both know how to dress,” he said.

Wade cracked, “I’m the third wheel. I’m like both their dates.”

Afterward, Wade posted on Twitter: “I had a blast at Prom. Never be 2 scared to ask.”

This wasn’t the first time Muxo asked Wade to accompany her to a school function. She attended one of his book signings last fall and asked him to a homecoming dance, writing the request on a bookmark. She said Wade asked for her Twitter name so he could contact her with a response.

“But the season was about to start,” she said. “He had practice so he couldn’t make it.”

Muxo went to another booking signing the next day, wearing a T-shirt that said “A Father First” and “A Homecoming Date Second.” Wade instantly recognized her.

“I’m going to remember it forever,” Muxo said of Friday’s prom. “This was the highlight of my senior year.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
little man got a raw deal out of this one, damn
May 18th 2013
He shoulda taken his talents to the South High School prom instead
May 18th 2013
he turned down a league of uncute darkbutts tho
May 18th 2013
lol ... where the hell is your avi from??!
May 18th 2013
      not sure.
May 18th 2013
You know Laurent was mean mugging him all through Nice and Slow
May 18th 2013
What a cock block
May 19th 2013
She finally sent a picture with the invite...
May 19th 2013
lol
May 19th 2013
only pretty chiks get rewarded for doing creeplife shyt smh
May 19th 2013

3xKrazy
Charter member
21585 posts
Sat May-18-13 03:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "little man got a raw deal out of this one, damn"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat May-18-13 03:15 PM by 3xKrazy

>Muxo’s date, Laurent Chaumin, was a good sport. “At least we
>both know how to dress,” he said.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2egOWkTHm4

this chick is cute, no perv-o

MothershipConnection
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
7498 posts
Sat May-18-13 04:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "He shoulda taken his talents to the South High School prom instead"
In response to Reply # 1

That chick looks pretty much exactly what I expect most Miami Heat fans to look like though.

DolphinTeef
Member since Oct 25th 2009
7027 posts
Sat May-18-13 03:37 PM

2. "he turned down a league of uncute darkbutts tho"
In response to Reply # 0

to be fair, he's only one man.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Sat May-18-13 03:43 PM

3. "lol ... where the hell is your avi from??!"
In response to Reply # 2

DolphinTeef
Member since Oct 25th 2009
7027 posts
Sat May-18-13 04:42 PM

5. "not sure. "
In response to Reply # 3

if i had to guess, Flocka had a private show for a Prince in Dubai

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Sat May-18-13 05:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "You know Laurent was mean mugging him all through Nice and Slow"
In response to Reply # 0

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Sun May-19-13 07:07 AM

7. "What a cock block"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Castro
Charter member
50752 posts
Sun May-19-13 08:13 AM

8. "She finally sent a picture with the invite..."
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

guru0509
Charter member
45358 posts
Sun May-19-13 09:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "lol"
In response to Reply # 8

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

SeV
Charter member
50216 posts
Sun May-19-13 08:44 AM

9. "only pretty chiks get rewarded for doing creeplife shyt smh"
In response to Reply # 0

Dallas Heatvricks BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!!

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2182716 Previous topic | Next topic