Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2454813

Subject: "USA/GER!??" Previous topic | Next topic
sfMatt
Member since Jun 20th 2002
10383 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 03:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"USA/GER!??"

No post?

Yea, a friendly, but I may have just seen the best 60ish minutes from an American team in my life...

Germany certainly not at their finest, but there was more composure and incisive running/passing from this side than any I can recall ever seeing previously.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
these dudes look great
Jun 10th 2015
MURICA! euro powers fall to one knee against us just like real life
Jun 10th 2015
lmmfao!
Jun 10th 2015
I think both teams were just about on the same level today
Jun 10th 2015
that was impressive. jurgen got them boys clicking.
Jun 10th 2015
it's soccer, man.
Jun 10th 2015
Schweinsteiger's face after Ziegler's save on Bradley was priceless.
Jun 10th 2015
How he get all them grey hairs already
Jun 11th 2015
The world is gonna HATE us if we get good at futbol
Jun 10th 2015
no need to worry about that any time soon
Jun 10th 2015
      e'rrybody knows i'm normally with you
Jun 10th 2015
      yep.
Jun 11th 2015
           if the draw is lucky, i could see that
Jun 11th 2015
                By 2018 Mix could be > Bradley
Jun 11th 2015
                But can he play the distributor role?
Jun 11th 2015
                i agree.
Jun 11th 2015
      Klinsmann has some young dudes that can play...and Bradley is at
Jun 10th 2015
      Depends. Is 10 years soon?
Jun 10th 2015
           *eject*
Jun 11th 2015
Loretta Lynch HELPIN
Jun 10th 2015

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 03:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "these dudes look great"
In response to Reply # 0

they actually looked like the better side for the latter 2/3 of the game

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85146 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 03:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "MURICA! euro powers fall to one knee against us just like real life"
In response to Reply # 0

*eagle tear*

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132223 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 04:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "lmmfao!"
In response to Reply # 2

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 03:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I think both teams were just about on the same level today"
In response to Reply # 0

Both missing about the same number of key players. Both had a high number of starters/key players.

These two wins against NED/GER on their turf is easy to overestimate, but I think it's a good set of wins.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 03:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "that was impressive. jurgen got them boys clicking. "
In response to Reply # 0

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 03:48 PM

5. "it's soccer, man. "
In response to Reply # 0

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 04:08 PM

7. "Schweinsteiger's face after Ziegler's save on Bradley was priceless."
In response to Reply # 0

https://vine.co/v/eOXbebmx5ml

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

UpNorth
Member since Aug 23rd 2011
235 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 10:53 AM

15. "How he get all them grey hairs already"
In response to Reply # 7

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15895 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 04:23 PM

8. "The world is gonna HATE us if we get good at futbol"
In response to Reply # 0

Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 04:51 PM

9. "no need to worry about that any time soon"
In response to Reply # 8

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

thejerseytornado
Member since Dec 24th 2005
26425 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 06:48 PM

10. "e'rrybody knows i'm normally with you"
In response to Reply # 9

but i watched the game and that second half was impressive, world class play that was both athletically strong but also tactically smart (that dummy by Morris, some of the counter attacks more generally). and the squad out there was young as shit.

-----------
Its 2014...there are computers in glasses and people stunt after hitting the ball far. Get over it. -Cenario
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious

PROMO
Charter member
31150 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 10:46 AM

14. "yep."
In response to Reply # 10

the USA's young talent is really starting to take shape.

i wouldn't be shocked if we make a semifinals in the next 3 world cups w/ the progress we've been making.

thejerseytornado
26425 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 11:59 AM

16. "if the draw is lucky, i could see that"
In response to Reply # 14

quarters seems like a legit goal for 2018, unless they get fucked by the match up.

the defense definitely needs work and the midfield is really, really bradley dependent. i think the US is a little easily game-planned against because i just don't see an alternative build up strategy if Bradley got man-marked by a top level DMF (pretty much every good possession involved Bradley beating two or more germans with dribbles, it seemed). that defense still struggles with composure. the attack, tho, looks strong from midfield and forwards. I just would worry about getting the ball to them regularly enough.

I know a high press invites the type of counter attack the US looks ready to thrive on, but man...that defense is just begging to get pressed.

-----------
Its 2014...there are computers in glasses and people stunt after hitting the ball far. Get over it. -Cenario

sfMatt
10383 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 12:28 PM

17. "By 2018 Mix could be > Bradley"
In response to Reply # 16

His first touch is far superior already. Just needs some more years dealing with the physical confrontations that come with this level of play...

thejerseytornado
26425 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 01:19 PM

20. "But can he play the distributor role?"
In response to Reply # 17

It's Bradley's control of the game and understanding of position more than his touch. Can Mix do that? He seems like more of an attacking mI'd to me, but I don't watch him much at all.
-----------

PROMO
Charter member
31150 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 12:34 PM

19. "i agree."
In response to Reply # 16

i guess i'm just hopeful, but you're right. the young defenders aren't really there yet, and Bradley won't be this good forever (or even on the squad 3 world cups from now).

if we can find someone to fill his role maybe we can just be an awesome counter attacking team and just try to outscore everyone, LOL.

Castro
Charter member
50761 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 10:33 PM

12. "Klinsmann has some young dudes that can play...and Bradley is at"
In response to Reply # 9

the top of his form.

The back line is still a mess, but the attack is finally starting to take shape.

------------------
One Hundred.

RaFromQueens
Member since Apr 18th 2006
19528 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 11:07 PM

13. "Depends. Is 10 years soon?"
In response to Reply # 9

Soccer's been gaining popularity for a long time now and sports like football and baseball are losing their appeal for various reasons.

Judging by the Olympics if we start sending our best athletes to any sport domination is an inevitability.

---
"People that need positivity around them all the time are weak individuals in my book" - @lilduval

sfMatt
10383 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 12:29 PM

18. "*eject*"
In response to Reply # 13

>if we start sending our best athletes

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Jun-10-15 07:12 PM

11. "Loretta Lynch HELPIN"
In response to Reply # 0

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2454813 Previous topic | Next topic