Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2249485

Subject: "Patriots fans: Rap to me about why you don't give Ridley the ball" Previous topic | Next topic
Deebot
Member since Oct 21st 2004
26762 posts
Mon Oct-21-13 01:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Patriots fans: Rap to me about why you don't give Ridley the ball"
Mon Oct-21-13 01:43 AM by Deebot

This post is only 20% fantasy football inspired....I'm doing just fine without him but I'm genuinely puzzled. Dude was practically benched for like 2 or 3 straight games for giving up a single fumble. Gets dinged up, comes back with a vengeance and defecates on the Saints in a huge game proving that he's your best back, and yet even with all your injuries he only gets 10-15 total touches every game? They start the Jets game with some damn Boldin? I'm actually a fan of this kid and I think he's getting a raw deal. Does he have personality issues? He seemed to be very respectful, hard-working and well-spoken in interviews after the Saints game.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Ball security and play calling
Oct 21st 2013

Rolo_Tomasi
Member since Jan 29th 2004
1140 posts
Mon Oct-21-13 06:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Ball security and play calling"
In response to Reply # 0

He has more than one fumble this season and if you can't keep the ball then Coach Belicheck is going to sit your ass down.

I do agree that Ridley is the best available back for the Patriots. It will be interesting once Vereen is back healthy as he should take a lot of Boldin's snaps as they are both pass catching RBs. Ideally Vereen and Ridley will share the load.

Ridley definitely runs the hardest and is a very good running back but he does fumble. Patriots have always been about running back by committee because they don't want to take the ball out of Brady's hands.

However, i think one issue which needs more discussion is New England's poor play calling over the past couple of years and all down to McDaniels and Belicheck seems to have a blind spot for McDaniels and many fans worry that McDaniels is going to become HC when Belicheck decides its time to retire.

I think the Patriots will have a very tough time winning another Superbowl with McDaniels calling the offence.

The defence was finally coming together and now Wilfork and Mayo are on IR and Talib has another injury.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2249485 Previous topic | Next topic