Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPatriots fans: Rap to me about why you don't give Ridley the ball
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2249485
2249485, Patriots fans: Rap to me about why you don't give Ridley the ball
Posted by Deebot, Mon Oct-21-13 01:40 AM
This post is only 20% fantasy football inspired....I'm doing just fine without him but I'm genuinely puzzled. Dude was practically benched for like 2 or 3 straight games for giving up a single fumble. Gets dinged up, comes back with a vengeance and defecates on the Saints in a huge game proving that he's your best back, and yet even with all your injuries he only gets 10-15 total touches every game? They start the Jets game with some damn Boldin? I'm actually a fan of this kid and I think he's getting a raw deal. Does he have personality issues? He seemed to be very respectful, hard-working and well-spoken in interviews after the Saints game.
2249492, Ball security and play calling
Posted by Rolo_Tomasi, Mon Oct-21-13 06:56 AM
He has more than one fumble this season and if you can't keep the ball then Coach Belicheck is going to sit your ass down.

I do agree that Ridley is the best available back for the Patriots. It will be interesting once Vereen is back healthy as he should take a lot of Boldin's snaps as they are both pass catching RBs. Ideally Vereen and Ridley will share the load.

Ridley definitely runs the hardest and is a very good running back but he does fumble. Patriots have always been about running back by committee because they don't want to take the ball out of Brady's hands.

However, i think one issue which needs more discussion is New England's poor play calling over the past couple of years and all down to McDaniels and Belicheck seems to have a blind spot for McDaniels and many fans worry that McDaniels is going to become HC when Belicheck decides its time to retire.

I think the Patriots will have a very tough time winning another Superbowl with McDaniels calling the offence.

The defence was finally coming together and now Wilfork and Mayo are on IR and Talib has another injury.