Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2162163

Subject: "No Tiger Woods 2-stroke penalty discussion?" Previous topic | Next topic
Duc999
Member since Jun 05th 2009
1551 posts
Sun Apr-14-13 08:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"No Tiger Woods 2-stroke penalty discussion?"

_-_

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
it's in that 100+ count Masters post
Apr 14th 2013
preciate
Apr 14th 2013
Borders on post worthy. F that hall monitor
Apr 14th 2013
I posted in the other thread but wth - my thoughts and research
Apr 14th 2013
its messed up
Apr 14th 2013

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Sun Apr-14-13 09:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "it's in that 100+ count Masters post"
In response to Reply # 0

Duc999
1551 posts
Sun Apr-14-13 09:10 AM

2. "preciate"
In response to Reply # 1

ImPerfectNick
Member since May 04th 2005
3463 posts
Sun Apr-14-13 09:39 AM

3. "Borders on post worthy. F that hall monitor"
In response to Reply # 0

viewer who called the shit in though.

Everybody's got opinions on the way you're living but see they can't fill your shoes... Life is made of half-illusions... forty percent confusion, whatever's left I'm using... to keep myself from losing, yeah.

Duc999
1551 posts
Sun Apr-14-13 01:00 PM

4. "I posted in the other thread but wth - my thoughts and research"
In response to Reply # 3
Sun Apr-14-13 01:01 PM by Duc999

Tiger had options for his drop.

He thought that he could go back as far as he wanted as long as he was on the same line as when it crossed into the hazard.

He could drop in the drop zone
or

He could drop the ball in a place that is "reasonably close" to the same spot as the shot was originally struck.

My thoughts. Regardless of what Tiger thought, the question is was the drop illegal.

"Reasonably close" is deemed as withing two club lengths of where the ball is struck. Players when given this option can use their driver whose length is 44 -45inches.

Given that, two club lengths is 90 inches. Tiger said that he dropped about two yards away. Two yards is 78 inches. The drop would be legal if his drop was withing 90 inches.

His drop was most definitely less that 90 inches. Tiger misspoke when he said 2 yards. The official went out and measured the divots from the two spots. Golf Channel reported that the divots were about 3.5 -4 feet apart. 4 feet is 48 inches.

A drop at 4 feet is still within 90 inches. This would mean the drop is still legal.

So.....

WTH? Did anyone really think about this? Are golfers so keen on distances in one sense but forget about them the next?

Or...Do we just don't want T.Woods name all over the record books

In the words of Uncle Rucks "Chi-nigga taking all the white women and all of the white man's records..." lol

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Apr-14-13 01:35 PM

5. "its messed up"
In response to Reply # 0

they don't want him winning and this is truly a waste of time. haters left and right

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2162163 Previous topic | Next topic