Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2538120

Subject: "2016 Utah Jazz Offseason Post" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Thu May-12-16 02:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"2016 Utah Jazz Offseason Post"

Big offseason for the Jazz as they try to make the push for the playoffs. I think they just re-signed Quinn Snyder and today they released their new uniforms/logo.

This is one of the few redesigns that I like. Subtle change to the logo but cool look. Don't love the font for the numbers but not bad. And I love that they took the sleeved jersey and made them look as silly as possible. It's like the Jazz will occasionally have to play soccer throughout the season.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865654094/Utah-Jazz-unveil-new-uniforms-logos-and-court-design.html

As for the team, part of me feels like they should sell high on Favors before he gets to his contract year and the free agency talk starts but the first course of action should probably be to see if they can't package some of their young guys for a veteran PG who can take the current core of Favors, Gordon, Gobert to the next level.

They should have some interesting options if they hold onto their draft pick but I just don't know if staying the course and hoping Exum and Burks can return healthy to be the difference makers is going to be enough.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Favors in the way again
May 12th 2016
They need to hire a faith healer...
May 12th 2016
They will probably make a push for Teague or Conley, right?
May 13th 2016
I'd like to see them make an offer for Bledsoe
May 13th 2016
"new" jazz unis
May 13th 2016

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Thu May-12-16 02:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Favors in the way again"
In response to Reply # 0

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

gmltheone
Member since Jun 11th 2003
8564 posts
Thu May-12-16 03:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "They need to hire a faith healer..."
In response to Reply # 0

Like the sixers, so much of what they do is depends on the health of Exum.

----------------------------
Same as it ever was!

theeraser
Member since Feb 11th 2007
7218 posts
Fri May-13-16 07:40 AM

3. "They will probably make a push for Teague or Conley, right?"
In response to Reply # 0

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Fri May-13-16 12:19 PM

5. "I'd like to see them make an offer for Bledsoe"
In response to Reply # 3

A thin FA pool at the PG so Conley will get a ton of offers. Atlanta will probably see decent offers for Teague although he's expiring after the season which limits the offers. Nobody's overpaying for a season of Teague. (Well, nobody should. That's never stopped NBA GMs though.)

Bledsoe seems like he could be a nice fit. Rubio is another option but I think they need a better shooter at the point; especially if Exum takes over the 2 spot.

Or they could try to trade up and nab Murray or Dunn. Or trade down a bit for Ulis or Jackson.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43363 posts
Fri May-13-16 08:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. ""new" jazz unis"
In response to Reply # 0

going old school

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2639666-utah-jazz-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2016-17-season-as-part-of-refreshed-look

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2538120 Previous topic | Next topic